• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

7 hours ago, Tessa said:

Here is the dress.

B462F40A-8BB4-4697-BA84-1A9F1E1F80BF.jpeg

I like.

Dress week?

Is that something like "casual Friday"?

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s awesome news I’m so happy that you are getting that taken care of that pain is terrible I know exactly how you feel. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I love that dress Tess it’s so cute!

Finally I get to go home for the day I got my 12hours in.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Tessa said:

Here is the dress.

@Tessa That dress looks comfortable. It hasn’t been warm enough for me to wear dresses much yet this season. I have a few new ones in the waiting though. Can’t wait to put on a light sun dress and sandals and head out to the park down the road for a picnic.

It’s hard to believe it’s only been a year as of today (May 19) but today’s my one year anniversary going full time and donating all my men’s clothing to Goodwill. I was actually pretty close to being full time as far back as Jan. 2019 except I hadn’t yet come out to my kids. So much has happened in this last year.

Susan R?

4 hours ago, Ms Maddie said:

I like.

Dress week?

Is that something like "casual Friday"?

I do my own dress code since I work at home. This week is dress week. All week I’ll be wearing dresses. Last week was mini skirt week. I’m going to do a jean with holes week and where something pink week. Lol 

Tess 

• Forum Moderator

Hi, this afternoon ended on A bad note.  I as working on my boat when I got stung by a wasp.  I quickly got out a sting and bite pad from my first aid kit.  Picked up things as quickly as I could and headed for home. Before I got half way off the dock I knew I was in trouble so I called my wife to prepare a sting poltice of vinegar and baking soda.  Barely made it home.  As I deteriorated I took Benadryl.  And before that took affect told her I needed to go to the doctor.  Anaphylactic shock.  I itched so bad from head to toe I couldn’t stand it.  The doctor gave me a steroid shot, a prescription and made sure I wasn’t getting worse.  He also gave me a list of symptoms that if I got them call 911 immediately.  Still not great, but a lot closer to normal than I was.

willow

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that @Willow but at least you knew what to do.  Rest now.

Jani

Wow that was a close call. I’m glad you got it taken care of. Rest sounds like a good idea.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, thanks for the concern.

just made coffee.

Update on the wasp sting.  I still have some tingling but not too bad.  Once I got to sleep, I slept the rest of the night.  My hand is still swollen but no signs of infection.  

knowing what to do comes from bee stings as a child, Scout first aid, and Scuba Instructor first aid and CERT first aid classes.  I even have my own defibrillator.  So I’ve had lots of training.  CERT is a federally sponsored Emergency Response Team through my local fire and rescue.  Unfortunately, my county dropped out of the program but I highly recommend getting trained.  You never know whose life you might save, including your own.

Rain today so it’s an indoor day. 

Willow

I’m glad your ok. At least it wasn’t one of those murder hornets the internet is talking about. I once got stung by a Blue Hornet. My finger swelled up 2 sizes! I was just a kid. My Mom knew what to do. Get some rest girl. 

Tessa

Here to start my day. Last night was an ok night with kids. We watched Waverly Place and I tried to play a game with my son on his Nintendo Switch. I was no good at it. I’m just not into games but I’ll try just for the kids. I tried to get my other son to play a card game didn’t happen. Teenagers are hard to entertain. However when it’s time to go home they don’t want to. I’m suppose to have 5:30 to 8:30 but last night I didn’t drop them off until 9:30. I treated us all to Oreo blizzards at Dairy Queen!  

Hope today is a good day working at home. Yesterday a little stressful. Still giving out extensions mainly to the states that have extended lock out orders. 

I think tomorrow I might go get that Peppermint Mocha Iv’e long awaited for! Will see. 

Here is a pic of the dress I’m wearing today! Dress week is starting off to a great start! Trying to have fun working from home! 

Love you all! 

Tessa❤️

B69DAE60-57DF-498E-882A-A8665E6F5A1D.jpeg

@Willow I am so glad you are better.  I too had an incident with bees a few summers ago and was stung dozens of times.  I had no allergies to bee sting but this was a massive dose of bee juice apparently as I had a very similar experience like you.

It sucked.  LOL

@Tessa I love the patterns on the dress you have sown us.  They are very nice girl!

Are you going out and about or stuck at home?

• Forum Moderator

I love the dress @Tessa! I feel like it needs a belt though. Something to accent your waist. Maybe a brighter color for contrast?

Glad you're feeling better @Willow! You're absolutely right, I should get certified. My wife's allergic, so it could easily come in handy some day.

I just got out of the shower for today and set up my first every appointment with a gynecologist so that's exciting. Other than that, I made my wife breakfast first thing, washed the dishes and got the laundry going. Then dilation and shower. My care routine kind of eats a lot of time in the morning.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Willow I am glad you are feeling better.  What a scary thing to have happen!  Do you / will you carry an epi pen?

I have been a first responder (fire dept) on a wasp sting call where the patient started to go into anaphylactic shock.  Fortunately, she had an epi pen and administered it herself, so all we had to do was monitor her vital signs until the ambulance arrived.  Could have been very serious otherwise.

@Willow Glad you are ok. Wasps can be pretty terrible. And it would be great and should be very necessary to be trained cuz you never know.

@Tessa It's a good pattern.?

Finally have my coffee and am doing work, while waiting for mail to finally come. I want to greet the sun but there are people outside preventing me from enjoying it. Wish I wasn't considered at risk.

Oh this morning started bad, I forgot my coffee cup on the deck of my work truck and dumped the whole thing when I pulled out.  But I recovered the day lol. Finished my route in decent time and got home with enough time to put our new tiller together and lay out stakes for where to put our garden. Now just relaxing with the missus while my boys play in the yard. 

Had my 2 cups and ready to start my day ? will catch up with everybody soon on the flip side.  Have a good night ?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Kay, 

I'm signing off and going to bed. You have the Com.

• Forum Moderator

Good evening, ( in my best Alfred Hitchcock voice) Finally done with work for 2 days. Today was a royal PIA. I don't know what it was but I was in a bad grumpy mood. I don't think I have been one of those moods since I forgot my meds for 2 days.

I don't really know what is going on with my brain to cause this hostilities. Is it the turmoil with my oldest. Is it my wife or just my lack of being me and being able to finally happy. I think the things that are happening in my life is starting to affect me more than I know. I believe it is the cause of me not being able to sleep. I have to take a sleep aid to even get a decent amount of sleep.

With the lack of employees, the manager said starting after my few days off next week. No vacations until we get some more people hired.

Well guys and gals. I am going to stay up some and try and get tired enough to get to sleep. Everyone have a good night. sweet dreams all

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, this is my Friday, with a 4 day holiday planned. My daughter is not happy that her mid 60's parents are keeping plans for a couples retreat, with 5 other couples, who are my Class/Team mates from 1976. All of us married within a year of each other. I'm going because it my be the last time I'm invited to the group after I get this closet door all the way open. It's sad that my past is so myared in ignorant hatefulness. I love everyone of the guys individually, but their herd mentality is  biggeted. As usual I'll hang with the wifes as much as possible. They think I'm a real gentleman attending to their needs. What I really want is to just sit there and not stand out. 

Make it a great day. Being positive is a choice.

Mindy???❤️

• Forum Moderator

I just noticed there are five members celebrating their Birthdays today. Is there a way to do a group message and wish them a very Happy Birthday? 

Mindy???

Good morning. I too am taking a 4 day weekend! Going tonspend time with the SO and youngens. 

At the plant now... Ready for this day to be as wadted as the rest of the week. Hoping its not though. ?

Have a good day!!

Good Morning All.

I'm looking forward to this weekend too!!!  It will be a 16 day weekend for me!  LOL

With my surgery next Wednesday and a ton of pre-op appointments prior then the recovery time I'm not going to need to drive much.

However I need to get threw today and tomorrow! Sigh....

I hope you all have a wonderful day!