• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Well we have had no power since 8:30 last night . Plus at least  4 inches of snow.  Yes, snow in  June. Temperature is 38 yea there is global warming. Can't  prove it to me. 

Anyway  no power  no coffee.  I will have a  cup at work. Also  no power  no heat. Cuddled with the wife last night.  Little chilly this morning.  

Take  care everyone. Stay warm or cool  whichever  fits.

Hugs.

Kymmie 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Temperature is 38 yea there is global warming.

Really it's Global Climate Change. A general upward trend in the global climate accompanied by more severe weather (including bizarre weather patterns) as the system destabilizes. We're all gonna die, but it's not going to be all Mad Maxx desert. Tornadoes, typhoons, etc... will all play a role.

Glad the power's back on though. It's unseasonably warm here. Going to be in the nineties today. Weather like that was reserved for July and August when I was growing up. At least it's not humid for a change. Usually our hot weather is like smothering in Satan's armpit.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, MikaReich said:

Decided to come out more last night,came out as gender fluid.It was great and accepted very well by my girlfriend,parents and my sisters.

Congratulations, Mika!  I'm sure you're floating on Cloud 9

Congrats Metaliscous. I hope the move goes well.

That’s great Mika. Especially being able to be who you want at your work. At least around my area most shops are not very accepting of anyone being feminine. I work on heavy equipment and I constantly my coworkers make fun of people in the LGBT community.

35 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

but it's not going to be all Mad Maxx

Really??!  I was hoping for Mad Maxx ?

Ok ok. I promise the last tim I’ll talk about my nails, but my selfies have reached over 1,200 likes and everyone has been SUPER SUPER positive about my painted nails. Not a single person outside of here understands just how amazing it feels to hear “I love your nails” and it not be sarcastic or judgey.

On another note, the kids got a pretty bad sunburn yesterday even with sun screen so despite the good weather, we will be inside all day which is going to make today very very difficult. Let’s see if I can maintain my cool and continue to be the good partner. 

• Forum Moderator
16 hours ago, KathrynnCox said:

WIFE HAS APPROVED PAINTED NAILS FOR GOOD!

That's cool Kathrynn, I'm hoping my wife will just ease along with me as I slide down from the tough male guy, through an androgynous phase, and into the feminine woman I've always desired to be. It's a long road I'm okay with.

8 hours ago, MikaReich said:

Decided to come out more last night,came out as gender fluid.

Mika, That's great news. I'm so happy for you.

16 hours ago, MetaLicious said:

On Friday, my wife officially went from being Mrs  L to being Doctor L! 

Is there a Doctor in the House? Yes there is... This is cool that she's reached her goals and will be helping others. Congratulate her for all of us.

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Usually our hot weather is like smothering in Satan's armpit.

Hugs!

Oh, I remember Michigan weather. I grew up just outside  Detroit. 

Kymmie 

I have always wanted to be myself and my daughters  get to see me as Mika more.My customers on my routes,they are looking to see me as Mika and have encouraged me not to give up since I came out

1 hour ago, Suzanne1 said:

Global Climate Change

Hot topic for me... I'll keep it cool.  (see what I did there? lol)  Everybody is looking for climate change in their own backyard.  When they don't see it (really, there's few changes locally) they deny it exists.  But go to the planet's extremes, especially the poles.  There are dramatic changes happening at the poles.  Up to 6 degree C. temperature rises.

Yes, climates have always changed... over 1000's of years.  This change is happening much much faster... on the scale of a century or so.

"The animals can adapt."  Well, maybe.  Evolution happens over, again, 1000's of years.  They will not all adapt to change happening this quickly.  I see evidence happening in the bird world.  (Birds are our "canaries" by the way)

What you've probably not heard is that the global temperature rise is happening mostly at night.  The daytime temp rise is almost imperceptible... 0.2 degrees C.  Overnight lows have risen 0.8 degrees C., 4 times the daytime increase.

Oceans are rising fast; ask the Generals at Norfolk/Newport News, VA.  They're requesting billions in construction funds to raise the level of the bases by 2 feet.

Oceans are becoming more acidic; ask any marine biologist how that's affecting marine life.  For me, it already means less seafood from my nearby coast.

Evidence that it's human caused:  Never in the history of the earth has the global average temperature risen so fast.  This is off the scale.  We've looked at all possible causes and the only one we can't eliminate is industrial pollution.

Well had a rather cool occurrence today. For the first time I had someone call and ask for Justine. Of course it was my therapist calling to tell me she was sick  and needed to reschedule, but hey it was still nice. Lol 

2 hours ago, JustineM said:

For the first time I had someone call and ask for Justine.

That feels so good!  Congrats, Justine.

Good morning all!

The hot and soupy weather has arrived in Maryland.  I was completely soaked after a short run this morning.  Hiding in the AC the rest of the day.  Maybe the rest of the summer....

Good morning all!  actually its almost my bedtime ?
I've posted in a few spots about being on the "anxiety rollercoaster".  Lately it was because of going through issues with my wife, but we worked our way through that so it smoothed out.
But noticed the last couple of days a repeated up and down trend, then today ... just a HUGE peak in anxiety during the day (at work) that carried on into dinner time at home.

I guess the good news is I have come to recognize them more easily now, and that helps me deal with it.  I know it comes primarily with my gender dysphoria, but now I have a plan of how I am going to deal with that so it gives me hope and vision.

When I finally found some quiet time tonight and as soon as I logged in here, I felt that wave just wash away.  So, just wanted to throw that out there.
I so much appreciate TransPulse for being here and for everybody who joins in this community.  Have a great day❣️

Good Morning all.

Long commute this AM and unfortunately I split open my incision somewhere on the way.  Yep blood.  Though not super bad but dang it stung and burned for a bit.  

Once of my guys friends said I had my first period.

Nice.  LOL

It was sort of funny.

Long day ahead and then more packing.  Uggh I will be so happy when this move is at least on the road.  Packing and organizing sucks.  LOL

Have a wonderful day All!

• Forum Moderator

Oh OW. That hurts to even think about. @ShawnaLeigh, I hope you're feeling better and can find somebody to take a look at your incision to make sure it doesn't need any more TLC. Shame on you for whatever you did though. You're supposed to be taking it easy. ?

I had my first ever visit to the gynecologist this morning. My spouse spent the prior evening telling me how uncomfortable she found it and not to prank the doctor. Honestly. All that work to load my genitals with spring snakes. Wasted.

The visit was a non-event really. I arrived forty minutes before my appointment (they said thirty for new patients, and I expected to get more lost finding the place). Of course because of COVID they waived most of the things that would have filled up that thirty extra minutes so after they sanitized me, the doctor saw me first.

The pre-exam went well. My blood pressure is still under control and I'm down to 198 pounds. Glee! Just twenty more to go!

Once that was done, the nurse left me alone, told me to strip from the waist down and gave me a paper sheet. I don't think I like the paper sheets. This thing was so fragile that I tore it twice while I was unfolding it. I'm pretty sure one of those was because I looked at it too hard. Fortunately, I have no shame.

The pelvic exam was mostly prodding my abdomen and looking inside with the speculum. The speculum is NOTHING compared to my regular dilation routine. I hardly felt a thing. He asked about what dilators I was using and when I told him about the Hulk (what I call the green one), he visibly relaxed. He reminded me to keep dilating because vaginas are "use it or lose it." We talked about my medical history, why I went to Philadelphia, my auto-immune disorders, all the regular stuff. So he poked around in there for a minute and gave me his report.

First off, I have excellent depth. Apparently better than some cis-women. I'm not sure how I feel about that but hey. The angle is good. Everything appears to be healing well. I've still got some swelling, but it looks great. He was actually impressed. He expected things to look much worse.

We're going to treat the granulation with estrogen cream and see how things look in two months. Hopefully I'll be able to wrangle things so I get in to see him before I talk to my surgeon again.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi coffee was good today.  But we have to go to the store and stock up. We are out of most everything. We don’t like going out to popular public places as we both have enhanced Covid risks.

when we talk about climate change and the human causes, you have to be careful.  No you aren’t going to see anything in your backyard and change is relatively slow.  This pandemic has actually helped the environment look at smog levels in Asia.  

But, if you study historical geography and climate, you will see that over great periods of time we have moved the poles, had ice ages and hot times, had drastic changes in sea level both up and down.  Finally, it will only take one massive volcano to put and end to this, like they historically have.  I’m not saying global climate change isn’t happening, only that it is part of our planet’s history and not completely because of human activities.  We have mini ices ages and massive ones. We have small and large hot times.  Clearly dinosaurs could not have lived in many of the places we have found their skeletons had it mot been warmer.  Are we in for a bad time?  Probably. can we stop it completely?  Not likely but maybe we can slow it down.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Jackie, great to hear that everything "below" is doing good.

Well today no more white stuff on the ground. Talk about weird cleaning snow off the car in June. We only had half power at the store yesterday one of the feeds was still out. Hope it is up and running today.

Got some good news yesterday. I had gotten some information from my Endo that an hospital outside VA is doing a clinic and I maybe able to actually get on E. using a patch of E and an anti-coagulant. Only bad thing is the appointment isn't till Nov20. But I am seeing the same endo.

So the girls and the curves maybe coming naturally. yeah.

Have a great day all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, the coffee is strong and black:coffee:. I didn't sleep well at all.

I'm excited to read all the good updates and how everyone is moving on as expected.

Last night with Suzie, was an interrogation with some not being able to be answered. This morning was the silent treatment, she acted as though I wasn’t even in the house, turning off lights and TV as she left for work. What a roller coaster! Perfect for HumpDay.

I confessed all of my secrets and she calls me a lying sack of (fill in the blank).  She says she can't get over looking at me and seeing a different person. I still look the same and haven't made any changes to my clothing, facial hair, or nails. She's asking me to explain my psychological mind set on how coming out to her as a relief. We went to two different stores last night shopping for padded bicycle shorts, and gloves, and she couldn't get over the fact that I might be looking at every woman, manikin, or poster wondering what if I could ever wear those items. I'm giving her space and time, but I don't want to loose her, and our once shared dreams of retirement together.

Hugs for you all,

Mindy????

38 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I confessed all of my secrets and she calls me a lying sack of (fill in the blank).  She says she can't get over looking at me and seeing a different person. I still look the same and haven't made any changes to my clothing, facial hair, or nails. She's asking me to explain my psychological mind set on how coming out to her as a relief. We went to two different stores last night shopping for padded bicycle shorts, and gloves, and she couldn't get over the fact that I might be looking at every woman, manikin, or poster wondering what if I could ever wear those items.

That's awful.  Sounds like she is making this totally about her.  So unfair that you have to endure that.  I'm so sorry, Mindy.

• Forum Moderator
45 minutes ago, Tori M said:

I'm so sorry, Mindy.

Thank you, I'm trying.

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Good Morning all.

Long commute this AM and unfortunately I split open my incision somewhere on the way. 

What am I going to do with you, Young lady. I may have to have Patti Ann Take you over her knee. Wait you may like that. OK, your grounded. for a week.

Mindy,  I feel for you. I have the same problems. My spouse doesn't accept. I get the silent treatment from my wife for the littlest thing. Like not finishing the laundry. Or even if she had a bad day at work.

Finally my Friday. now I can just relax for 2 days.

Kymmie

21 hours ago, Mmindy said:

What a roller coaster!

So sorry to hear this Mindy.  I know what you are going through and the anxiety it creates, since I had two similar rounds with my wife.  I know its horribly messy.

Happy to PM with you if you need to unload (unpack?) and I can discuss what helped my wife and I move forward after the latest event.

Hi Everyone! 

Tessa here! 

How is everyone doing this morning? I have to say I’m ok at this moment. Surprised I can say that even. I’m getting ready for work sitting at my desk in my pink mini skirt and a black and pink t-shirt to match along with pink socks. I don’t like pink at all do I? 

Anyway. I have my blinds open to see the beautiful day we’re to have. Later I will take a walk. Not in my skirt though. I’ll put on pink jeans. Not brave enough to walk the streets in a mini skirt but I would love to someday! To be free and beautiful and not care! But in this world we have to be safe. 

Yesterday a man really wanted to talk to me. He was sweet. I love when Tessa comes out over the phone and makes these people fall in love with her! Not relationship love. Just knowing that she or I am going to take care of them in this hard time. 

talk more later. 

Tess Out 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, the coffee:coffee: is still strong and black. The night was late, with softer conversation, and questioning. She seems to understand that some of the complicated questions she's asking me are for a Therapist to answer not an over stressed loved one. This morning I woke up to this taped to the refrigerator door. It's a series of questions Luke Lane hears on a radio show. Thank you "Gilmore Girls". We still have a long way to go in this new approach but she did say it was my face and me she loves.

My grown son is coming over this morning 09:00. This will be our first face to face conversation since his mother outed me last Thursday. I'm sure he'll bring his Bible and Bible Studies to brace his opinions of me and my coming out as MtF Transgender. I'm ready and will allow him to completely voice his opinion. He's a Battalion Chief with the City Fire Department where I use to work as well. I know the City"s Policies on LGBTQ employees, tax payers, and victims we may run on. My questions for him will be.

Do you know and profess to love our Lesbian Family members?

Do you know and profess to love our Gay Family members?

Well now you know a Transgender Family member. I'm not going to make drastic changes, and demand that the City change my pronouns for a long time. This is a slow process and I'm on the slow train to transition. I'm not going to make you a laughing stock or but of anyone's joke. "Hey did you hear about Capt. Moore? Yeah Chief Moore's Dad! He's a woman want-ta-be!"

These are the very reason I'm in therapy. We as a family will work through this, and now you'll be less shocked when my position on LGBTQ subjects begin to shift. My visual ques will ease into the public view long after meeting the household tests. I know he's a big loving man, and will be more at ease by the time lunch rolls around.

Hugs and thanks for all the support,

Mindy???

Gilmore Girls Who's Face.jpg