• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Blue clouds and sunshine this AM. Up early again. just couldn't sleep anymore.Need to head over to the VA for blood work. I have a phone appointment with my GYN next week.

Well over the weekend I had put in for a job at a Harley dealership near Portland,OR. Got a call yesterday. Let it go to voice mail. They want to discuss my application with me. I will be calling later this morning. If asked why I want to move to OR. I will be telling them the truth.  Not sure if a Harley dealership will want a MtF transgender worker. I'm not going to lie. If It blows the job prospect it does. It wasn't meant to be.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Morning all, I’m having a quick coffee then heading out. This morning I board for my trip to Spokane for consult. at 9:50am. Sounds simple but it’s been so freaking crazy.

My covid test results were supposed to be ready yesterday at 6:16pm on my med portal. The test result are mandatory for my GRS consult. They will not let me into the appointment without this covid test. I can not board without knowing if I am positive or negative.

The results changed to “Unknown” at 6:16 when I signed it to check the results. I called the hospital and they said they didn’t have any info regarding this. My dear wife did some online research and eventually found a back line phone number to the Seattle VM lab. I called it at 7:30pm. I spoke to a technician who said there was a labeling mistake done and the type of swab was not listed. I described in detail how the test was done—quick double nostril insert using a plastic yellow swab. He knew the name of that test and said he would put a fast track on this. He said they do 92 each cycle in the machine processing the specimens and mine will be completed at 11:08pm. I mentioned again my flight info so he knew it’s important. I called him back at 11:30pm and he said he sent them to my doctor who just happened to be on call. Unfortunately, he could not reveal the results. So I was still wondering if I should take the flight. He says he will reach out again.

Finally, a nurse calls me at 1:10am and say she tells me I am Negative for everything. She said my PCP (who actually is no longer my PCP- but that’s another thread) will get me a digital copy by 8am this morning. I’m crossing my fingers. It’s 7:37am and nothing yet. I am going to board regardless because they can fax these results after I arrive in Spokane.

Anyways, I am tired as anything. I was stressed all day and didn’t sleep well. When I get to the hotel I am hitting the sheets.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

It'll be fine @Susan R. At the very least, you'll be able to get everything straightened out. In the meantime, wrap yourself in plastic and keep safe. It'll all be OK.

Hugs!

4 hours ago, Cyndee said:

so I tune out the politicians, and all this grim "news". So much beauty and love to be found in the world if you go looking for it

Sounds just like me, Cyndee.  I've learned this since moving to the PacNW where the abundance of nature can teach us so much about life.  There is so much beauty in the world if we just take the time and make the effort to tune into it.  During this period of turmoil, I like to just go/look outside and think, "Nature is going on about its business like there is nothing at all wrong.  I can do that, too (with sensible precautions)."  That is very reassuring.

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

If asked why I want to move to OR. I will be telling them the truth.  Not sure if a Harley dealership will want a MtF transgender worker. I'm not going to lie. If It blows the job prospect it does. It wasn't meant to be.

Perfect attitude, Kymmie!  I think there's a good chance you might be surprised.  It's Portland.  If there's one thing we know about Portland (if you've been there or seen Portlandia), it's that the unexpected is the norm.  "Keep it weird" really is the way of life there.  You might mention that women ride hogs (and Indians, too) and that women like to deal with women.  You are special; you have the best of both worlds to offer them.  Good luck; I hope you get the job!

• Forum Moderator

Thanks, for encouragement Tori. I called her about an hour ago. I have a phone interview  Friday afternoon.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Thanks, for encouragement Tori. I called her about an hour ago. I have a phone interview  Friday afternoon.

Kymmie

Good luck!

Hugs!

All packed me, my suitcase is staring at me here and my flight to Athens in undefitely  canceled.

I called British Airways and I was been told that all travelers are prohibited to exit/enter into the USA as we speak. I was a offered a voucher and I need to be on stand by. 

1641815619_ScreenShot2020-07-01at3_36_18PM.thumb.png.4f0c88d7da833158f6efb889bfe593b5.png

• Forum Moderator

I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, America has cooties at the moment and probably for a (long) while yet. Hopefully they'll offer you a solution. It might be quarantine for a couple of weeks but that seems like a small price to pay at this point.

Hugs!

....at least I do have friends here Jackie and one of them all is you!

In French, there is a saying: "La Patience Est La Longuere De La Vie" and if I transfer it in English it may be "Patience Is A Virtue"?

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, Dinaki said:

"Patience Is A Virtue"

Tragically, one I don't really possess. ?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Dinaki said:

I called British Airways and I was been told that all travelers are prohibited to exit/enter into the USA as we speak.

Well, there are people traveling to EU, they even said so on the news.  "Necessary travel".  Also, a few people are getting exceptions, I've heard through the grapevine.  But I don't know who you call to get them.  Maybe someone in government.  I wish I knew....

• Forum Moderator

We cancelled a European vacation in December because of this fear that Americans would not be allowed in.  We've rebooked for Spring so we're hoping for the best. 

Jani

We know a NY couple that has been stuck somewhere around the French Riviera since March and can't come home.  They're not complaining though, lol.  I guess if you gotta be stuck somewhere.....

22 hours ago, Willow said:

good morning. You are up early.  

I really enjoy reading the back and forth between you, SL and Kymmie.  I love your relationship.

have a great day

Willow

Good morning Willow! Yes, I usually get up at anywhere from 2:15 to 4:00! Anything later is "sleeping in"! LOL! Besides, if I get up early, it allows Shawna to get a little bit better sleep and I get some "me" time. I can feed the kitties, read research on different topics, keep up on the (depressing) news, return emails, listen to my music (softly) and drink enough coffee to give me seizures!

Yes, Shawna and I are extremely lucky. We're besties. We shop, decorate, cook, clean and watch TV at night until one or both of us falls asleep. We're still at the stage where we're learning to deal with each others idiosyncrasies but we're coming along nicely. 

Have a great day!

Patti Anne 

20 hours ago, Susan R said:

My covid test results were supposed to be ready yesterday at 6:16pm on my med portal. The test result are mandatory for my GRS consult. They will not let me into the appointment without this covid test. I can not board without knowing if I am positive or negative.

Good morning Susan.

OMG! -CENSORED- or what? Unfortunately, you're getting a first hand preview of the early stages of our medical system being overwhelmed. And it's only going to get worse. I was thinking of you the other day and in my mind I was thinking that I'd place the big money on all your tests being negative. That COVID swab is no picnic. Shawna had hers before her surgery and it sounded like if felt like they swabbed her brainstem. I wasn't about to post that before your swab, as it wouldn't have been helpful.

I guess that if I were you I'd do everything to follow through on the consult and the surgery. The future of medicine and surgery is, at best, unpredictable.  And I can only imagine what that surgery must mean to you, because I know what it would mean to me. Good luck! I'm sure we're all rooting for you!

Patti Anne

24 minutes ago, Patti Anne said:

OMG! -CENSORED- or what?

I'm not sure why that was censored. It wasn't profane, vulgar or unkind. It was an everyday reference to seemingly simple mistakes made on such a regular frequency that they appear normal. Oh well....

4 hours ago, Kellysinclair101 said:

Good morning  everyone  hugs .

Hi Kelly. I just wanted to comment on the bangs on your avatar; I think you have it nailed! They look great! Although I love bangs, I have to be satisfied with what I have naturally curly (and easily out-of -control) hair!

Have a great day!

On 6/30/2020 at 1:33 PM, ShawnaLeigh said:

Our new home is beautiful and much nicer then I’m use too.  Though during the last 3 years Patti Anne lived alone as Pat the bachelor so let’s just say it’s a tid bit messy.  

Have no worries.  I’m a neat freak so I will have it in good shape before to long.

OK. Messy? I grant that. But not dirty, and there is a huge difference. But yeah, Shawna's been really helpful. She's gradually getting me to be more organized, which is what I need. I'm just always used to working 80 hour weeks and not being home much. Now, I'm spending as little time at work as I can get away with. But Shawna has been helpful in so many ways.

And yes, leaving the old life was very traumatic for her. I knew that and helped her where I could, I hope. And yes, as I predicted, I was there crying alongside her during the whole thing. Especially when she said goodbye to her little girl. (OK, she's 20, but like my 20 year old daughter, she'll always be my little girl). It was so sad.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, the coffee is still strong and black.:coffee:

Life has been busy with long days on the road delivering training and training props.

Things are settling down here at home, Suzie is slowly easing her denial of my transition, and changing fashion from Welder/Mechanic to fitness clothing with colors leaning to the non binary.

Hugs and best wishes you you all,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Morning all, back to the daily grind. for now, closing the next three days. next weeks schedule isn't put up yet.

Kind of looking forward to the interview tomorrow. But I'm not gonna lie, the thought of leaving my family scares the crap out of me. I know it is my best interest. as I know I cannot be who I need to be living here. There is now way in heck I can live here and not be with my wife. Then there is leaving my sons. I still haven't had any true conversations with my oldest in 3 months.

Hugs to all my friends.

Kymmie