• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Congratulations @SaraAW for being able to be yourself at work. It is such an amazing feeling.

The HR dept. at my job got back to me today. As much as I wanted it, I didn't expect to hear from them for a couple days. Here's the message they sent.

Good morning Elizabeth,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you being comfortable with coming to me with this amazing and frightening phase in your life.

As your employer, we will do everything we can to provide you with a safe and comfortable work environment. I ask that you come to me or (deleted) immediately if you ever feel this isn’t the situation.

Would you like us to update the staff as to your change and make the appropriate changes in your employee photo,  email signature and email address?

The best of luck to you and (deleted) as you continue through this journey in your lives.

(Deleted)

Director of Human Resources

Of course I said yes. Update the staff, change my email, I'm even getting a new ID. Feels like my life is finally coming together.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar this is fantastic news. Never would have happened in my day and be proud to be a pioneer and standing up for yourself. I am so proud of you girl. I?hope all goes well but be alert and watch for push back. As far as weve come culture is still there and I suspect you will still see and feel those who refuse to understand and try to sabotage you. I am not trying to be negative but those who don't and won't understand will be out there. Just be cautious. You are much too important and I want to see you make it and show those who won't like what you are doing.

Know you have someone who witnessed a lot in industry (I worked in aerospace and oil and gas industries. good old boy, family owned companies and the politics and money and cut throat tactics disgusted me and I was never able to get discrimination and fairness especially in human resources to stick and I as a male. Speaking out and was screwed so often for sticking up for women who were treated horribly but took it and didn't rock the boat. I hope things have changed I just don't want to see you hurt in that way.

Hugs

@Shay I've seen it. There is a "boys club" where I work too but I've always been treated as an outsider. There's been only one person I hung out with outside of the job, he overdosed and passed 12 years ago.  I haven't wanted to hang with any co-workers since then. And although we're pretty loose with our rules for interacting with each other they react swiftly when someone crosses the line. I've seen people fired in less than 10 minutes after being hired for making a single smart-ass comment.

I will not live in fear and suppress myself to make others happy. I know the dark, dark places I will go to.

I have been physically beaten down for defending women. The first time it cost me the ACL in my right knee. The second time tore more cartilage in the same knee and I got a broken tooth for my trouble.

My state does has some pretty strict anti-discrimination laws. I know they will only protect me to a point but I will exhaust every resource I have if I need to use them.

All I can do is move forward with dignity and pride. With every step I take the road behind me disappears. I'm on a journey of self-love. I will never look back.

• Forum Moderator

I think just about every where there is the boys club. I have never been a member. I have always been on the outside. ever since school I was a nobody from the auto shop. People knew me by my car than by me.

So I know exactly what you are saying.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar thank you for sharing more of your story. YOU are an example of pure bravery and I admire you and applaud you as an incredible woman and I know you won't buckle and I cannot say enough about your character. I have been attacked, thankfully physically and i know what is ahead of you and I am so happy to see a company with zero tolerance and a start stepping up for equality. I can't be any prouder to know you.

Reading thru the boys club comments. I’ve been blessed to work in healthcare, specifically in ICU. On my shift we have 20-25 Nurses working. I mostly do Charge Nurse, we maybe have 2 or 3 male nurses total out of about 125 Nurses. So I’ve been fortunate not to have been up against it. I have read some pretty crazy stories about what happens with men in the work place. All my thoughts to each of you that have to experience this issue. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone. Happy Saturday (well mine at least) Listening to the Reo Speedwagon /Chicago red Rocks concert. nice warm cup o coffee by my side. Beautiful blue clouds in the sky, about 80 forecast.

Going to work on the sound system in my Crown Vic today.  That is the plan anyway. could  change if I decide to do something else.

Kymmie

Hei alle sammen,

Three more weeks until name change is finalized! Then can I stop having to sign the dead name that reminds of years of repression and hiding. Having that court order to legalize and validate my true existence is big. I know that it also means the real work will start. Changing birth cert., driver's license, VA records, checking account, loans, voter registration (very, very important) university records and diplomas and the name on the mailbox. The work will be worth it!

Today I have to be a serious student. I have put off a pysch paper longer than I should have. 

Velsignelser

Erikka

• Forum Moderator

Hurrah Erikka - congrats - a lot of work I'm learning but glasd you have another task checked off the checklist.

Congrats Erikka, I bet that is an amazing feeling. 

I was talking to some neighbors last night and two more people asked about me and the one called me a bad ass for doing what I’m doing. So far my friends and neighbors have been amazing and far more supportive than my family except for my wife she has been great through the whole time.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

It hasn’t been the greatest day today.  I have a migraine which was getting better but now is getting worse again.

Its September isn’t it?  Well we are having the hottest days we’ve had all summer.  I thought it was supposed start getting cooler.

Been sharing with a mother whose 13 year old daughter has been cutting.  Her father Won’t accept that she needs support, mental help and not her dad fighting her over puberty blockers.  The dad is fighting tooth and nail to retain his son even if it means He could drive his daughter to suicide.  Her mother already had to commit her due to the cutting.  Mom is asking the TG community here for ideas to convince her ex husband to allow the blockers and support their child as his daughter.

several of us have been responding.

7 hours ago, Kylie said:

Reading thru the boys club comments. I’ve been blessed to work in healthcare, specifically in ICU. On my shift we have 20-25 Nurses working. 

I'm with ya, I was a PICU RN for years and then a massage therapist so have been blessed with no Good o' Boys in a while.  Now Army days....... that was a different beast all together.

And so.....the HRT journey begins!!!! First dose was today.

I'm not having to high of expectations for a quick start. Apparently my Testosterone levels were 20% above normal range for a man in his prime (which I'm not lol) and my "sex hormone binding globulin" level was elevated as well so the doc thinks I'm gonna need higher than normal doses to get where we need to be but I have to start at beginner doses for 2 months to see where that brings things.  I don't care though- it's celebration time!!!

@ElizabethStar That is wonderful! So happy it went well with you too. I know I felt so much relief, one of my biggest fears is not being able to support my wife and I if I were to have lost my job in coming out.

@Erikka That's so exciting! I am right behind you. Just picked up the guarantors form from my docs today. Meeting my friend on the weekend who will notarize it, then it's the mail and hopefully an new birth certificate with Sara on it will arrive a month or so later.

@Willow Sorry to hear about the migraine. I suffer from those too. That's one of the reasons I got my septum and nasal surgery. So far, I've only had one headache and it was pretty minor, probably just a muscle tension headache. I hope you all can convince that man to accept his daughter and save her life. It just kills me how obstinate people can be.

@Bri2020 YAY!!!!

• Forum Moderator

Willow, it is supposed to be Sept. 80s tomorrow and through the weekend. but Tuesday forecast for 30s and white crap. It is however Wyoming. Blink and the weather will have changed.

Well not sure what to make of my wife. Last night she says last week I was close to signing over the bike into to just your name. Yeah, she got bent out of shape because I took a ride to Cheyenne with out her. How possessive can you get. Not wanting me to enjoy the bike with out her.

I don't know what to make of her. With some of the comments she makes. Maybe its a good thing I am looking to move.

Kymmie

14 hours ago, Willow said:

Been sharing with a mother whose 13 year old daughter has been cutting.  Her father Won’t accept that she needs support, mental help and not her dad fighting her over puberty blockers.  The dad is fighting tooth and nail to retain his son even if it means He could drive his daughter to suicide.  Her mother already had to commit her due to the cutting.  Mom is asking the TG community here for ideas to convince her ex husband to allow the blockers and support their child as his daughter.

several of us have been responding.

@Willowis this a thread here? As a child from an abusive family I feel I may be able relate in some ways and would like to follow along.

• Forum Moderator

Yes... Happy pre Labor Day... Have fun on your 3 day weekend...Today I come out to my Godmother being both parents have passed, 1 brother has Alzheimer's and the other is estranged so this will be the only true flesh and blood I want to come out to and I am feeling good about it.