• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Shay said:

Yes... Happy pre Labor Day... Have fun on your 3 day weekend...Today I come out to my Godmother being both parents have passed, 1 brother has Alzheimer's and the other is estranged so this will be the only true flesh and blood I want to come out to and I am feeling good about it.

Good luck sweetie!

Hugs!

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

I want to say - I got a chance to hear @Ms Maddie play music yesterday - she is a very talented young lady and excellent guitarist and vocalist.

• Forum Moderator

@Ms Maddie

@Shay

Thank you for sharing your vid with me Maddie, I enjoyed seeing and hearing you perform a classic tune by one of our all time faves (led zep), awesome !

The sun just came up here, it's a fresh cool morning and should be nice and sunny, perhaps low 80's later.

Have a lovely day all

Cyndee

@Shay Good luck. 

Sometimes the smallest things can have the biggest impact. 

with the weather being a little cooler this morning I decided wear a flannel shirt. I like the casual unbuttoned look with a T-shirt. 

while putting my hands through the sleeves I mentioned to my wife how I should have paid better attention when I bought it because the wrists are very tight. 

Without hesitation she directed me to her closet  and told me to wear one of hers. She suggested the purple and black one, said it would look good on me. 

At work one of co-workers gave me a bottle of Patchouli oil. She said it’s her favorite, had an extra bottle and thought I would like it.  The smell takes me back. 

They small gestures but are having a huge impact on my day.  A fantastic start to my weekend. 

I'm still waiting for HR to update my info and the staff. I’m feeling impatient but I suspect it will be after their management meeting next week. 

have a magnificent Holiday everyone!

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar that was so thoughtful or your wife and co-worker -I'm happy for you as every small victory brings further rays of sunshine and having read some of the brutal things that have happened to you - you've had more than a lifetime's worth. Enjoy your new status at work, I hope all goes well with more and more acceptance and have a wonderful joyful holiday.

• Forum Moderator

Morning all, Shay good luck with you coming out. Hope you are loved as much as we all do.

I agree small things can bring happiness. Like my becoming a female in the eyes of the WY dot. But can be considered the world as it is an official government document. yeah, me. Only thing that says I am not is my birth certificate. 

Would I be breaking the law if I notated on a document that I am male?

Well for me it is TBIS (to bad it's Sunday) plans today are to continue with my work on the system in the crowny. Made some good progress yesterday.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar no it is not a thread here.  Sage is only 13.  Her mother is doing the posting.  It’s on a Facebook Group for South Carolina Transgenders.  

Her mother allowed her to read our posts and Sage and her mother were amazed and thankful for the support and suggestions they received.

As I suspected, Sage has started puberty as a boy which has brought all this to a head.

The group is Easy to join if you know someone  and I can PM the name to you if you like.  And provide an introduction to a facilitator.  Let me know.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

So, Good Friday morning, except Kymmie then it’s enjoy your Sunday.

My son and his wife are traveling around the upper NW. their latest stop was Bozeman.  They have mentioned how cool it is.  Please send some of the here and we will gladly trade for some of our heat.  Still expecting 105 heat index today, then a front comes through tomorrow so the temperatures will drop to around 90!  Whoopy!

Shay, Good luck with telling your Godmother.   I can imagine the apprehension you might be feeling.  I only wish I had a parent or sibling to share with but they’ve all past.

@KymmieL why would you now want to put male on a document?  You’ve worked so hard to get things changed I’d think you’d be excited to use female for the first time.  But, I also realize that all depends on the circumstances.  I don’t know if that’s breaking the law, how about “other”?  I’d think if you said male and they checked your I’d that would start some questions like at TSA.

be safe have a great weekend and enjoy your holiday.

Willow

God morgen

Somewhere it is a good morning. I have to believer that. Last night my druggie daughter showed up wanting money for a motel...riiight! I let her crash on my couch and now trying to find a place for her to live. Listening  to her talking about how great weed is is like listening to three recordings of Alvin the chipmunk played simultaneously backwards. Her mother would cave and give her money which would be spent on dope.  Sorry to rant.This kid brings out the worst in me.

Beklager

Erikka

• Forum Moderator

You may make them but you can't control them - all you can do is try to continue to plant good seeds and love them no matter what. Hold on and hold out.

@Willow Thank you for the offer. I’m trying to avoid joining anymore groups until things in my life get caught up. I will circle back later. 

@KymmieL Enjoy your Sunday. I can’t see there being a problem with checking the female box on paperwork since that’s what it shows on your ID.  But I am the “bad example “ at times. Since I haven’t updated mine yet I check the “other” box. Always feels awkward. 

@Bri2020  It is. It finally is. I spent a lifetime terrified that the light at the end of the tunnel was a freight train.  Now I feel like I’m walk through a field of wild flowers. 

Morning, Finally in my senior year of highschool. It's all online which is cool, but kinda sucks because I see my legal name at all times :(( 

Hopefully I will be moving out soon, probably not because my parents lie iqjekfnvpoquerh idek. anywho, morning, let this be a good morning as I work on journalism and anthropology. 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

iqjekfnvpoquerh idek.

Cat helped you to type? ?

Good morning!

• Forum Moderator

@Aidan5 my best friends are journalists - although I was in Engineering I was the Arts & Entertainment Editor with 2 music columns in college and I loved anthropology but it was too hard to make a living at it back in the stone age when I was in school - not enough to dig up yet - it was too fresh (LOL) hang in and don't let the legal name get you down. SMILE.

39 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

Cat helped you to type? ?

Good morning!

Pfff, glad I don't have a cat, they would eat my fish! lol! I just kinda key smashed, dunno why haha. 

29 minutes ago, Shay said:

@Aidan5 my best friends are journalists - although I was in Engineering I was the Arts & Entertainment Editor with 2 music columns in college and I loved anthropology but it was too hard to make a living at it back in the stone age when I was in school - not enough to dig up yet - it was too fresh (LOL) hang in and don't let the legal name get you down. SMILE.

So far I am having a blast with both courses, kinda wish it wasn't online, I would love to have the opportunity to harass my friends for interviews. I am a people person and I really miss being around people who actually like me hah! 

Though in terms of jobs I am also looking into accounting, which I am also taking an accounting course currently, and my aunt has a job lined up for me once I move. Though I really want a job having to do with biology, Leaning towards marine biology because it has been my entire life. I love fish and sea life :D

• Forum Moderator

I went into Engineering but took a LOT of electives hoping to find something I liked better. Explore and find something you can like doing - jobs you don't like doing will end up weighing you down.

I figured the accounting job would make a great first job since all I had to do was join, I am also hardworking and will work at something until I got it down. Everything I do, I do it with purpose. I know I will not be happy working as an accountant long term. 

A childish dream I have is to be a youtuber, also once I move and have more freedom I plan on selling my art as a side job. :D

Living with my parents made me plan my future way earlier than any normal kid because I am reADY TO Get ouT of hERE. lol

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

I figured the accounting job would make a great first job since all I had to do was join, I am also hardworking and will work at something until I got it down. Everything I do, I do it with purpose. I know I will not be happy working as an accountant long term. 

A childish dream I have is to be a youtuber, also once I move and have more freedom I plan on selling my art as a side job. :D

Living with my parents made me plan my future way earlier than any normal kid because I am reADY TO Get ouT of hERE. lol

Well you're ... well, you're OBVIOUSLY a better man than I ever was. I couldn't stay awake through an entire accounting class. I'm not usually one to nod off, but accounting? Better than Xanax.

A (wild) friend of mine from high school went into Marine Biology... married an astronomer (nice guy, but maybe one of the most boring people I've ever met).

1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Pfff, glad I don't have a cat, they would eat my fish! lol! I just kinda key smashed, dunno why haha. 

So far I am having a blast with both courses, kinda wish it wasn't online, I would love to have the opportunity to harass my friends for interviews. I am a people person and I really miss being around people who actually like me hah! 

Though in terms of jobs I am also looking into accounting, which I am also taking an accounting course currently, and my aunt has a job lined up for me once I move. Though I really want a job having to do with biology, Leaning towards marine biology because it has been my entire life. I love fish and sea life :D

Not all cats are like that. Mine are, frankly, too dumb to go after the fish. They leave the hermit crabs alone too.

Anthropology was a blast. We only had it at the junior high level though.

My cousin is a journalist. Or at least he was. I haven't seen anybody on that side of the family since my transition. I know he was having trouble finding and keeping a journalism job. It's not the field it used to be unfortunately.

Hugs!

I won't be able to drink enough coffee today. I have to take one of my furry kids to vet this morning. It's a 45 minute drive away and only do first come first serve appointments. Another day I have to be up before sunrise.

• Forum Moderator

Take care of you furry friend they give unconditional love and that is more than most of the human race. Extra coffee is worth it and I hope furry friend is alright. You are a good mom.

• Forum Moderator

Good Saturday morning except for Kymmie in which case it’s Ugh, another Monday!  lol.  

So Jackie, you couldn’t stay awake in accounting class.  Well, once you get beyond double entry bookkeeping and balanced ledgers, it got more interesting.  That was my major.  I ended up becoming a CPA.  And spend my career in accounting mostly as the head of the accounting department where ever I was working.

Group was good last night, even if it was via zoom.   Everyone was a bit more talkative than normal, and we had two new members.  

Yes, furries love unconditionally.  My dog, Sweetie, came in and snuggled with me.  Ok when a 60 lb dog snuggles you better start petting her unless you want your face washed.  She is going to insist you wake up whether you want to or not.

Well, coffee is ready so time to get my first cup.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good Saturday morning.  Espresso with breakfast.  Yay!

One of our kitties likes sleeping on my head.  He is getting better about not waking me up when he does so, so we are coming to a mutual understanding about it.  When I sleep on my side in semi-fetal position, he often curls up in my lap, which is adorable.

@ElizabethStar, I hope your furry friend is okay.