• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

@Berni Very nice contour.  I hope your healing continues to go well. 

At six months, I can just barely feel the scar from my trachea shave, and that's only because I know where it is.  There is nothing to see.  Dr. Brassard does his incision higher up, under the chin, so that any remaining visible scar is hidden in shadow.

Thanks for the reply @KathyLauren. I'm hoping to barely see the scar eventually. Did you do anything special to help the healing of the scar? My surgeon and I discussed different techniques and scar placement options. He thought, as I had quite a bit of cartilage to remove, he felt more comfortable and thought Id get a better result with a lower incision. Basically, it came down to either a higher scar which is easier to hide, but the possibility of some lump remaining, or lower incision but a better profile. I figure, if worse comes to worse, I can try and hide the scar with makeup. Hopefully I wont have to.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Bernii currently have two bikes.  I have my recumbent and a day 6 .  The day 6 is a crank forward style and has a seat similar to that on a recumbent large seat with a back rest. 

My wife and I were riding the Mount Vernon trail from Arlington to Mount Vernon.  I had a solid frame Giant mountain bike.  I hit a bad bump without getting off the seat.  I broke my tailbone.  I tried gel seats, gel pads over the gel seat.  Nothing worked.  So I tried a recumbent.  That seat was great. I could ride again.  Unfortunately my first one was a small drive wheel so I couldn’t keep up.  I upgraded to a used recumbent with a 26” rear drive tire.  It’s the one I still have.  I mostly ride the Day 6 around the neighborhood.  At my age I don’t do any distance riding anymore.

never fenced or tried sword fighting although growing up we had a sword on our mantle that had been handed down through a few generations.  I have a nephew that has the sword.  It was a basket hilt style.   I have a skandee that is at least as old as the sword.

Willow

@Willow

Never seen a Day 6 before (I just googled it). Looks very cruisie and fun to ride. Reminds me of the old dragstar style bikes ... but even more relaxed. Nice!

I had my trachea shave done 2 years ago and it was well worth it.Went in for my consultation today,decided to have the FFS done a month ago always wanting a feminine face.Loved what the results looked like and happening next month.Excited about it.Wife is supportive,she has always wanted to see me with a feminine face

• Forum Moderator

I just noticed where you live.  My wife and I spent Easter holiday in Sydney about 30 years ago.  THe only place to get food was at the takeaways at the wharf.  Our hotel offered room service but very limited.  We enjoyed seeing your city.  I mostly went to Hobart for business and got to take my wife this one time.

52 minutes ago, Willow said:

I just noticed where you live.  My wife and I spent Easter holiday in Sydney about 30 years ago.  THe only place to get food was at the takeaways at the wharf.  Our hotel offered room service but very limited.  We enjoyed seeing your city.  I mostly went to Hobart for business and got to take my wife this one time.

Sorry to hear you were forced to eat at the wharf (I'm guessing you are talking about Circular Quay). The food there is aweful. Its funny, visitors always come to the city, when, really its mainly a business district and so many places shut down weekends and evenings ... hence the difficulty finding food. Of course, its near the Opera house, the Bridge and The Rocks (old town) so Its what tourists want to see. You aren't "really" seeing Sydney when you visit these places ... but I guess, to some extent, all tourism is like that.

• Forum Moderator

@Berni looks like you are healing well.  Still a bit of swelling present which is normal. Four years out and i can't see any scar on my throat.  

I sailed another when I was younger, in the mouth of the Elizabeth River in VA, in San Francisco Bay and on our small lake in NH.  Its been awhile but I loved it.  I don't bike much as it strains my lungs.  I have to ride slowly.  

Good morning all.

Kind of a sleepy start of the day so far. I kind of want to go back to bed already, the coffee isn't really doing anything yet. I am kind of nervous and excited tomorrow as I have my HRT appointment tomorrow morning! I have talked to some people who use the clinic I am going to and kind of know what to expect, except I don't feel like I know what to expect still. I know that all I need to do is answer the questions honestly, still kind of nervous about what it could mean.

• Forum Moderator

@QuestioningAmberi am going to the same clinic and have my 3 month get check up tomorrow at 8:45 so probably before your first. They are incredible people and I am sure you will do fine and really appreciate this wonderful organization. You are right answer everything honestly and thoroughly. My HRT NP answers every question I have and responses as quickly as possible. You are in great hands and I to was anxious going into my first consult and was nearly sky high with joy after my meeting. I hope the same for you and if you have any questions or concerns please message me and I will share my experience.

You are in good hands, moving along well and have a lot of support and know we are all with you.

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

@Berni yes, we did the touristy things.  Queens gardens, Opera House, took a ferry to Manly and spent a day there.  I never gave it a thought that everything would be shut for Easter.  Here, that doesn’t happen.  

while in Hobart, my wife was taken places by the wife of the director while I was at work.  She really enjoyed that .  I rented a car and took her to a small zoo/animal rescue where she got to see and interact with local animals, including holding a Tasmanian Devil and a Koala.  It was a wonderful trip, not to be forgotten.  Everyone is so easy going and friendly.  

I’ve only seen a small part of Australia but it was amazing.

hugs 

Willow 

@QuestioningAmber Honey, don't feel nervous. Asking to be on HRT is a really good thing, it's going to help you realize the extent of who you truly are. HRT is helping with my dysphoria, I know it should help with yours. I just had my 2nd full week of estrogen and at this point nothing bad has happened. You will love all the new things that happens after you start. As much as I hate the mood swings that I'm having now, I wouldn't give them up for nothing. When the changes come for you, you will feel the same. Welcome to who you are sweetie. Love Holly Elizabeth.

• Forum Moderator

@Shay @QuestioningAmber @Heathick as you are all in Ohio, I have a question perhaps one of you knows the answer.  I was born in Ohio and lived there for 35 years.  How do you get your documents to reflect your gender?  Everything I’ve read indicates that Ohio will not allow any state documents to change your gender.

this could become important to me as here in SC they won’t allow you to change your gender marker on some state documents unless your birth certificate has been changed.  

how do you get around this or get a passport etc reflecting your new gender?

Willow

@Willow Here is a link I have used to do my research into the process: https://transequality.org/documents/state/ohio

It has a section even for Federal Documents as well. I was born in the Virginia Commonwealth, so I know my birth certificate will be different and simply requires a court order if I remember correct. However, I believe I have to go through a process of a newspaper posting for x number of weeks or something like that to do it. Some laws seem so silly don't they?

• Forum Moderator

@Willow here is another source I will be looking at and will be asking my HRT care organization Equitas who specialize in LGBTQ+ care and legal issues.

image.png.4bb1ddbc02bd2fa0ebdf6eaa1564b6e5.png

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for the responses I’m not ready to do anything like that yet but it goes to show that there are a lot of differences between the states.  While it isn’t easy in SC, it is easier if you were born here.  Born out of state you’ve got to satisfy two states rules and one may not accept court rulings from another.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Here in Wyoming. you only have to get your Dr to fill out a form saying you are M or F and will be for the foreseeable future. Take that to the license office. and you are the sex you are.

Nae change is more of a pain. You have to publish your intentions in the paper for a month. then the judge will rule on it. Only reason I haven't done it yet is the paper part. I would be toast if my wife got wind of it.

TGIF, girls. it is my Friday and I am done with work. Yeah.and Friday I get my wig so this girl is happy. Not doing my happy dance just yet. want to wait for my new hair. LOL

Kymmie

Wife and I talked Halloween plans early,did ask me what I am going to dress as and she likes my decision.Told her Daphne Blake on Scooby Doo.This was now and she is looking towards it.It is also looking good with my daughter too,see her much happier and told her she has an appointment on Saturday with my hairstylist at the salon I go to.She called me and very excited after I told her this.Finding out ex wife is learning more that she will much happier.Did start getting rid of the boy clothes.I am glad my ex wife is coming to terms about it

Just catching up on the conversations. I missed so much, especially about all the cycling.

To add part of my story. I've been racing since I came back from Queensland 12 years ago. It was just recreational before then. Found I really enjoyed track riding as I was a good sprinter. Even got to ride on a big new (back then) indoor Velodrome in New Zealand while on holiday. Fantastic buzz zipping off that banking into the straights.

Created a road team for Cyclosportif events and ran it for several years. After a few accidents both of my own and motor vehicle related I've stuck to riding closed road or supported events such as individual time trials and duathlons.

Now I'm in the process of reducing my fleet as I'm not going to be racing or doing a huge amount of riding now. Sold my Cyclocross bike and looking to sell my Downhill one as well.

I have built my own bikes, including the frame for some of them (chopper, 4cross and vintage). I have just started to reduce my fleet which had got up to 15 as I'm not going to be riding a huge amount for the foreseeable future.

Racing was fun though I could never get comfortable in a peloton, so I stuck to TT, Track, Cyclocross and MTB.

Though now I spend my time on my trainer that I recently upgraded with a rocker plate, home made of course. It makes long trainer rides much nicer and well worth the effort to make.

I think it's going to be interesting catching up with my cycling friends in the future as none of them yet know about Robin ?

Hugs

Robin

On 10/6/2020 at 6:49 PM, ElizabethStar said:

. I was in the SCA for several years. I was a heavy fighter with straight black armor, shield and sword. I ended quitting due to an unrelated neck issue.

Since then I just make my chain-mail.

I was an archer in the SCA for about 5 years. Did primitive category with a traditional longbow.  Eventually got good enough to be ranked in the top 5 in my category in Atlantia.  Pennsic War was a blast. Still shoot a bow but a modern compound for fun and deer.

@Bri2020 Props to you for being able to becoming great at SCA archery, that isn't that easy to do. I like the idea of being an archer, but the LARP I was doing did archery very differently, and basically you threw bird seed packets with ribbon. Since it wasn't actually archery, I lost interest in that idea quickly.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, QuestioningAmber said:

@Bri2020 Props to you for being able to becoming great at SCA archery, that isn't that easy to do. I like the idea of being an archer, but the LARP I was doing did archery very differently, and basically you threw bird seed packets with ribbon. Since it wasn't actually archery, I lost interest in that idea quickly.

Well yeah, but there's no way to make archery safe for LARPs (well, maybe NERF). Kind of like they don't allow chain weapons (a tennis ball a chain and a stick are pretty dangerous)  I've seen them ban staves too, but those seem easier to turn into boffers. Eh, I don't make the rules.

Hugs!