• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm guessing that, "Michael Jackson is a tragic figure, but I only enjoyed two of his songs," is not his opinion? I mean, c'mon.

Hah, nope, not quite ;)

Everybody liked Thriller.

How could anyone not!! My favorite though is Billie Jean. I can't help singing along to that one.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

Hah, nope, not quite ;)

How could anyone not!! My favorite though is Billie Jean. I can't help singing along to that one.

Yup, those are my two.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

"If I'm going to be staring at a character all this time, I'd rather be looking at an attractive gal than some guy."

I always used the girl characters. I did get ridiculed a lot for it and also maintained the high score on that game for over a year. In some games they’re the better characters. 

"If I'm going to be looking at a behind for a hundred hours, I'd rather it be a shapely female one.

This was one of the excuses I used when playing an MMOG. I should’ve picked up on back then. I quit playing the day they accused me of being a guy behind the girl character. 

2 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I'll admit, sometimes it worries me a little when I hear about people's teen/childhood dysphoria being stronger and more noticeable than my own (the whole "Am I trans enough?" self-doubt bugaboo), even though there's still a lot I do relate to, but just at a less intense volume.

I read something not to long ago that resonated with me. Something like...if you think you’re trans, you probably are. Cis-people really don’t question their gender. Even when cis-women wear men’s clothing they don’t question themselves. Cis/heterosexual men instinctively steer away anything fem. 

it was something like that but it really made me look back at my life. Then I started connecting the dots. 

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I read something not to long ago that resonated with me. Something like...if you think you’re trans, you probably are.

I've seen that too.  Kinda makes sense.  I don't think a cis person is going to even seriously consider it.  It's a lot to go through, lots of roadblocks and complications can happen.  A lot of people treat you badly.  Why, even?

You really have to decide if it's worth it to you.

Seeing my daughter Allison happy after seeing her new look.My stylist read her mind very well putting hair extensions in her hair and styling it.Did her nails as well and is ready for her first time going to school on Monday as her true self.I saw her self esteem go right up.Her teachers have been notified to call her Allison on Monday.

1 hour ago, KendraML said:

Seeing my daughter Allison happy after seeing her new look.My stylist read her mind very well putting hair extensions in her hair and styling it.Did her nails as well and is ready for her first time going to school on Monday as her true self.I saw her self esteem go right up.Her teachers have been notified to call her Allison on Monday.

Everything about this makes me happy. 

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:
2 hours ago, KendraML said:

Everything about this makes me happy. 

Indeed

• Forum Moderator

@Abi @Heather Nicole @QuestioningAmber planting good seeds to our children and to everyone you come in contact with is so important for them and you. Seeds don't always find good soil however over time and with continued nurturing those seeds will grow into fruitful people who will remember and hopefully be a part of your support system or at least understand more readily that others go through things they luckily do not need to go through but can appreciate the effort and difficulty we face every day.

Keep planting good seeds and keep on loving your self....you are worth it!!

4 hours ago, KendraML said:

That is awesome to hear.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL it’s all in the eyes. Don’t over do it.  You see lots of young women with bright eye shadow and heavy eyeliner.  Don’t do it!

color corrector or foundation, followed by setting powder all over.  Eye shadow lower portion of upper lid. Start out with neutral color possibly with some sparkle.  Eye liner.  Now that’s the thing I have the most trouble with. Last is mascara.  I use a primer followed by two coats of black to get mine long enough.  The last thing I add is a little cheek color. 

Everyone will have some different ways and ideas.  My wife is my coach.  She was a consultant for a big cosmetic company.  Suggesting colors and teaching how to use them. I follow her advice.  

when I’m dressed and ready I add lipstick. For me I like a little color but not bright.

if you check around you can often get free stuff.  If you have a Sephora they will work with you.  Giving you a makeover and teaching you what to use.  Usually free if you buy the products.  

good luck

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Reminder!

Tomorrow is coming out day.  If you are ready, t would be a good time.

I planned to come out at my church’s outdoor service tomorrow but it will likely be canceled do to bad weather.  85% chance of thunderstorms.  Resetting for the next week.

Willow

My mom did meet Allison for the first time tonight,it was acceptance out of her seeing Allison is now happy.Mom did tell Allison she has support from her loved as her granddaughter now.She does not miss that unhappy grandson she once had.

6 hours ago, Willow said:

Tomorrow is coming out day.  If you are ready, t would be a good time.

Ooh, I'm almost half-tempted to come out to my mom (and all terrified to), but I'm thinking it may be a good idea to wait until I actually find and start seeing a good gender therapist.

But best wishes to all LGBT+ coming out on this day which, here in my timezone is just...about...to...start....!! ?

So...I've been thinking...

As far as LGBT+ goes, if I come out and transition, I'd be both the T and the L.

But if I transition and also develop an interest in guys too, that would make me a BLT!

?????...

• Forum Moderator

@Heather Nicole ok that’s too much form my brain to process this early.  Besides you just made me hungry for bacon. ?

Well, happy coming out day. Best of times for those that do.  I had planned on coming out to my church today at outdoor service but that won’t happen.  It’s pouring with a continuing chance of rain of 85% all morning. I guess I’ll plan on next Sunday and try again.  It has been suggested that up to 60% of the members won’t be particularly accepting.

On another note, I got a new wig yesterday.  I now can have no hair, or short, medium or long women’s hair.  I’ve always wanted long hair, and now that I’m mostly bald, I have it. Lol.

Well, too early for me to make coffee, maybe I’ll try going back to bed.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Kendra that is great to hear that your mom accepts Allison. As we all know it is an up hill battle. but a win is a win.

I am with you Heather, I am both T and L.

I may come out to one of my co-workers today. It has been something I have been thinking of doing, for a while. Of course waiting for the right time.

Hugs,

Kymmie

A BLT club sounds so good right now. I wouldn't mind going to one either.

Happy coming out day everyone.

I spent this day last year saying goodbye to one our furry kids. Always makes me tear-up when I think about him. He was such an amazing dog.

Last year I didn't know there was a coming-out day until a week after it happened. The official start to my coming out is tomorrow. It'll be 1 year. So much has happened since then. I reached so many mile stones. Overcame many obstacles. Sometimes the grass in greener on the other side of the fence.

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar super congratulations girl....you have been an example of valor and courage from what i have learned about you and I am extremely proud to know you and call you my friend.

I have had my roadblocks in my life figuring out who I am really.Pulled through knowing I found my true self.I live a great happy life married to a great wife that loves me for who I am knowing I love my life living and dressing as female fulltime although I have lived a happy male life.Plus I always liked the female wardrobe and shoes more,the style and much easier to buy when shopping.My male wardrobe was boring and was picky what I wanted during clothes shopping.I get this asked this sometimes,will I ever go back dressed as male and the answer is this: NO!!!!!!!!!!,I love my life now

Good Morning

Yesterday was a good day with some members of a Mental Health Support group I am a part of. We had a support meeting then got lunch and just talked a while after. After that went and saw my dad for the first time since coming out. The questions weren't that bad. Today might go out and do some more shopping for clothing as I don't have much winter women's wear and that might useful this time around.

@ElizabethStar: I think you have gotten out of your transition what you have put in, and that is why the grass is so much greener for you. I am taking lessons learned from women like you and putting in the work now to sew the seeds so that the grass can be as green as possible on the other side of this.

@Willow: I am sorry to hear you got rained out of your planned coming out. This is going to be a huge step for you to come out as Willow to your Church friends and family. It will happen when the time is right.

1 hour ago, KendraML said:

.My male wardrobe was boring and was picky what I wanted during clothes shopping.I get this asked this sometimes,will I ever go back dressed as male and the answer is this: NO!!!!!!!!!!,I love my life now

I absolutely hated shopping for men's clothing. I can count on one hand how many times I've worn a suit. I will never, ever, ever go back.

Good Sunday Morning

At about 1:00AM Saturday morning I received a call from a family member that my Great-Grandmother was on life support and wanted to come off so she could pass and she was asking for me. I made the drive back home as soon as I received the call and arrived at about 5AM. Removed her for the medications supporting her heart function. Unfortunately this Sunday morning she is unresponsive and has not passed. I say that because she told me when I was at bedside she was ready to go to heaven. I came home yesterday but now have felt I need to go back. So, going to get myself together and most likely head back to say a last goodbye. Been sort of an off weekend and haven’t quite figured it all out. 

I am hoping everyone has a pleasant Sunday despite the weather here in NC. 

• Forum Moderator

@QuestioningAmber I am so happy things went well wth your dad. I imagine the stress is easing by the day. Wonderful about winter women clothes. I haven't worn to many feminine things externally although everything under is all fem. I'm still in an area I'm afraid to dress more obvious but conservative lady shirts with the buttons on the correct side. You are doing amazing.