• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

(sorry admins if bandwidth is an issue here,

Bandwidth is not an issue thankfully. The fee we pay each month allows us unlimited bandwidth and we usually top 100Gb each month. The only limit is set to actual size (height x width) and overall image (erm) size (how many Kb it is). Really massive multi megabit images are discouraged due to the length of time they take to display and for those still using dialup (are there many these days?) or have poor broadband speeds.

• Forum Moderator

@Heather Nicole I am happy you talked with your GP and heard from therapist. Big step. I use Equitas for HRT and am registered with Cleveland Clinic for possible surgeries. Christina is the office but for LGBTQ care at ccl. She is wonderful. CC works with Equitas and I am happy with both. Best wishes.

Shay

Things I don’t have to worry about explaining anymore. Why I have 2 pairs of shoes on the floor, 3 changes of clothes in the trunk and glitter all over the back seat of my work/service car. 

#girlproblems

• Forum Moderator

Elizabeth Star,   That's a hoot.  Thanks for the morning smile!

Hugs,

Charlize

11 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I really love the design of the first one, but I think the other two might suit me better. Oh! And the dress has pockets! I didn't even know that when I ordered!

I love how much softer the materials are in women's wear.

It's funny, I've never, ever gotten excited about new clothes before in my life, and it was easy to just chalk that up to "Well duh, guys don't usually get excited about clothes." I guess for me it was a different reason after all! :D

I think they fit you well and look great on you. Nice choices.  I LOVE CLOTHES SHOPPING now.  Hated it before.

I have discovered what all the fuss was about in regards to finding that "perfect fitting pair of jeans". I had two pairs but with my weight loss journey now they are baggy. #ConflictingEmotions.   Good luck on your weight loss plan, I'm confident you can reach your goals. You have lots of motivation now.  Once you are comfortable shopping at stores, go to thrift shops since you are going to drop sizes frequently you don't want to spend a lot on clothes that might only fit a month.  Women's clothes have a very narrow "fit range" per size I've discovered. The nice thing about that is when you go from a 20-18-14 etc  in reasonable amounts of time it is very rewarding and keeps you motivated.  

Hugs

Bri

On 10/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, Emily michelle said:

Today I’ve managed to make 6 months on hrt. I’m so happy. Its hard to believe how far I’ve come. I would have never thought I’d make it this far. I have my moments but I’m in a much better state than I was before. The changes are great I actually have boobs now and I have to wear a bra when I go out. It’s funny I used to be so happy to wear a bra now sometimes I can’t wait to take it off. My skin is much softer now even though it is much easier irritate. I actually just noticed my face is beginning to look rounder. I smiled the other day when I looked in the mirror and actually saw Emily. I’m excited to see what the next 6 months bring.

Congrats!

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Things I don’t have to worry about explaining anymore. Why I have 2 pairs of shoes on the floor, 3 changes of clothes in the trunk and glitter all over the back seat of my work/service car. 

#girlproblems

You make me laugh on a regular basis! 

Add to that the hernias and back problems with the weight of large purses filled with extra layers of clothes, the "comfy shoes' when you can't make it a full day at work in the heels, make up, wallet, various hair control accessories...........  I think my purse weighs in at 15-20lbs. lol.  

I refuse to allow glitter into my life ;). that stuff gets everywhere.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, the coffee is HOT, BLACK, and STRONG.

OldfolkAdvice: The empty nest is worth the wait.

"Let them fly, and be free." Has many meanings.

Does it only free the one who leaves, or are you both now free?

Don't get me wrong, I love when my family comes home to visit. I'm also relieved when they leave.

Hugs for you all.

Mindy???

They do say that grandchildren are the best revenge.  LOL

I have no regrets over having a family, but it can be nice to have you life back - even if it is a bit confusing at times.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:06 PM, Jackie C. said:

My therapist told me about a trans friend who it turns out was actually intersex. They discovered a uterus and ovaries when they went in for the vaginoplasty and just hooked everything up more-or-less correctly. She had her first period at forty.

Been meaning to reply to this. I can't even begin to express how utterly beyond amazing I find this!

One of the little "clues" I've had in the past, pointing towards me not being entirely cis, was that the first time I learned about intersex, I found myself fantasizing that during some doctor visit in the future, they'd discover that I had...umm...internal lady parts, but the entrance was just covered up by the guy parts. Maybe covered up by biology, maybe by at-birth "corrective" surgery I was never told about, but somehow. And that that would give me a legitimate excuse to get it "recorrected" and get to be a girl. (Not sure I ever really did understand the specific draws towards being a girl, it was just kind of there whenever the topic happened to present itself.)

But I never would've imagined something like that could actually be plausible! 

• Forum Moderator

Well I am back to work,  my Monday.  It looks as if I will be coming out at work sooner than later.  I checked the directory for our store.  Under my nickname it is Kymbrill.  Then when I finished some paperwork.  It printed by Kymbrill  Hunter.  

While I am happy to see my preferred name used. I am also scared at the same time.  Not knowing if it is the right time to come out at work.  Or even if I really want to. 

Right time or not,  I guess the kitty is out of the burlap.  LOL. 

Well not sure when it came into affect.  I guess I will see. 

Kymmie 

Good morning,

I have much needed coffee again. It's messed up. It's Saturday, I don't have to work and woke up at 4:30. Now it's 6:45 and I've already taken a nap.

*Doing my nails while writing.*

Yesterday one of girls from our other building called me out of the blue. She invited me to go on an Autumn  walk in the woods and look at leaves with her and a bunch of other ladies from work. It know it's all good but part of me is thinking this is how horror movies start "Hey, let's go for walk...in the woods".

*Nail chips filled*

During my nap I had a dream I met a cute trans-guy who was really into me. I tend to have reoccurring dreams so we'll see where it goes. Maybe I'm as gay as I think.

*Filing*

I recently got a pair on knee high boots. I just love them. Cute and comfortable, didn't know it could happen. Paired with an over-sized sweatshirt. One of my favorite looks.

*More filing. Glitter polish is hard to file smooth*

My job has a room full of company logo'd clothing we can go "shop" in if we need something. I got a 2-sizes too big company sweatshirt. Wore it with my new boots. Almost wore leggins but opted for jeggings. I'd be very upset if I ruined my leggings climbing around an attic.

*top coat..lots of top coat*

I have found my casual fall fashion. Now i need something dressier.

*Hands in the dryer. And we're done.*

IMG_2957.jpg

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

While I am happy to see my preferred name used. I am also scared at the same time.  Not knowing if it is the right time to come out at work.  Or even if I really want to. 

Right time or not,  I guess the kitty is out of the burlap. 

It appears it already happened. That makes this the right time. Otherwise...If not now, when?

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStarl@elizabethslove the nails. I think it should make you feel good being accepted as one of the girls and going into woods. Just don't pick the poison ivy or poison oak leaves.

• Forum Moderator

Liz, you are right. For over 50yrs I have been  hiding Kymbrill.  Now is the time for her to see this huge rock we live on. 

We upon more checking on the system.  My name has changed in other  places as well. So if the "update" happen yesterday.  I guess probably most everyone knows.

Kymmie 

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well I am back to work,  my Monday.  It looks as if I will be coming out at work sooner than later.  I checked the directory for our store.  Under my nickname it is Kymbrill.  Then when I finished some paperwork.  It printed by Kymbrill  Hunter.  

Kymmie 

Don't be nervous, it will probably go way better than you think. Our fears tend to take us to worst case scenarios.  Keep us posted. Sometimes the band-aid just needs to ripped off right?  

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Good morning,

I have much needed coffee again. It's messed up. It's Saturday, I don't have to work and woke up at 4:30. Now it's 6:45 and I've already taken a nap.

*Doing my nails while writing.*

Yesterday one of girls from our other building called me out of the blue. She invited me to go on an Autumn  walk in the woods and look at leaves with her and a bunch of other ladies from work. It know it's all good but part of me is thinking this is how horror movies start "Hey, let's go for walk...in the woods".

*Nail chips filled*

During my nap I had a dream I met a cute trans-guy who was really into me. I tend to have reoccurring dreams so we'll see where it goes. Maybe I'm as gay as I think.

*Filing*

I recently got a pair on knee high boots. I just love them. Cute and comfortable, didn't know it could happen. Paired with an over-sized sweatshirt. One of my favorite looks.

*More filing. Glitter polish is hard to file smooth*

My job has a room full of company logo'd clothing we can go "shop" in if we need something. I got a 2-sizes too big company sweatshirt. Wore it with my new boots. Almost wore leggins but opted for jeggings. I'd be very upset if I ruined my leggings climbing around an attic.

*top coat..lots of top coat*

I have found my casual fall fashion. Now i need something dressier.

*Hands in the dryer. And we're done.*

IMG_2957.jpg

Congrats on the girls adventures inclusions!  

OMG your post just cracks me up with the whole nail progress and DAMM- can you do mine?  

What brand /style of knee highs did you get? a girl needs to know.  I've been shopping for three weeks now for those and haven't found any that fit my size 12 wide feet but skinny calves.

Coffee consumed, dog walked, wIshed my incredible wife Happy Birthday, now it's off to stand in line and vote with her.

I want to make sure that I do everything in my power to protect the rights of women and the LGBTQ+ community that so many before me had worked hard to get and has made my transitioning so much easier and accessible.

@Bri2020I got them at the mall from a store called Off Broadway Shoe warehouse. I wear size 11 and they had options form. I don't know if they have bigger. I did over pay for the but I had cash I won in a sports game pool. Can't buy on-line with cash.

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

But I never would've imagined something like that could actually be plausible! 

I know, right? I'll be honest, I was a little jealous.

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I always look at this as, "Well, if not now, when?" If we wait for the perfect time, we'll wait forever. Better to rip the band-aid off and peek at whatever's underneath.

Hugs!

Good Morning everybody. It is a brisk 44 degrees this morning, and I am okay with it because it is Fall weather at its finest. @KymmieL I had a recurring fear that they were starting to do a slideshow/PowerPoint introduction on a team I was on and I was scared to be nominated, because I could just imagine that being my coming out on PowerPoint. If you already took step 1, might as well take step 2. I know it is scary, but it is going to happen eventually, at least that is what I tell myself.

I don't have much planned for the day off, I am about to go get my mermaid coffee and get some donuts because those sound good to me. Not much really happened this week except coming out to two of my aunts, and one I know read the email the other I don't know if she did read the email or not yet as she hasn't replied or anything. The aunt who did reply, says she is going to need some time to think it over and process it. Which I am giving her time and I talked with her this morning like nothing has happened. So I am not sure what that means or anything like that.

Just got back from social distancing voting. Too cold for me, 39 degrees. A lot of people were staring at me, I just stare back. I'm pretty sure it was my outfit. Witches wear black, get over it. I wasn't even wearing a cute hat, just a beanie.

I'm too happy and smiley to care what anyone thinks of me anyways.

.....I can't hear you over my happiness.

I'm going to stay inside  today, drink coffee, do some much needed housework and a little deaf dog training.

3 hours ago, QuestioningAmber said:

I had a recurring fear that they were starting to do a slideshow/PowerPoint introduction on a team I was on and I was scared to be nominated, because I could just imagine that being my coming out on PowerPoint.

That would be a lot of band-aids to rip-off at one time.