• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

@Abi I love forests, too. Some people are beach people, but for me its forests. I have a weird cycle where I'll get really into hiking for maybe a couple years or so, but then I'll get so bored with walking, and seeing the same trails I won't even be able to think about hiking for the next few years.

I think I'm getting close to the next "Ok, hiking time" cycle now. I worry about other people on the narrow-ish trails, though.  A lot of people around here seem to think you can only catch a disease (erm, covid) if there happen to be walls and a ceiling nearby. Not quite sure I understand how a virus knows "Oh, there's walls around here. I guess this isn't time to spread right now." ;)

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

I love forests, too. Some people are beach people, but for me its forests.

I like mossy areas with lots of trees, mushrooms are the cherry on top. I dunno, the area just seems so welcoming and calming to me :)) 

• Forum Moderator

I like water. It doesn't have to have a beach around it, I'm perfectly content stomping around in a swamp or canoeing down a calm stream (presuming I brought adequate sunscreen and mosquito repellant). Out mosquitoes are roughly the size of an American Condor. If you don't protect yourself, they will fly you away.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

I like mossy areas with lots of trees, mushrooms are the cherry on top. I dunno, the area just seems so welcoming and calming to me

Me too.  Add a small spring and some ferns. Perhaps a hut with a fire smoldering on the hearth - I'm not leaving.

I'm convinced my ancestors were forrest dwellers.

Wow...pants are a hot topic.

I do like pedal pushers and other ladies pants, but for me, jeans are too tied up in feeling forced to wear stiff, abrasive, uncomfortable man clothes.  And...doing things I'd rather leave to real men, like operating a chain saw.  That's just me though.  I know of at least two female chain saw artists (including Cherie Currie from the Runaways).  Nothing against that, but they make for terrible neighbors.

Totally agree on being in the woods though.  When I lived in Seattle, I would ride my old Gold Wing out to the Olympic rain forest every chance I got.  So good for the soul. ?

In fact, you just reminded me that I saw the sweetest pair of women's hiking boots in my size.  I also just got paid for something, so I'm off to see if they're still there.

I prefer leggings with skorts and skirts to wearing jeans / pants whenever the weather allows, which maybe limiting from here on out. Down to minus 6 C. tonite with a windchill to -12. A roller coaster weather week but indicator of things to come.

Hugs All

JoniSteph

Oh I couldn’t take that cold I’m cold at 40 degrees F. I could live in leggings and skinny jeans but I’ve turned into a girly girl lol. If I could do my makeup and dress up every day I would.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Our mosquitoes are roughly the size of an American Condor. If you don't protect yourself, they will fly you away.

Hugs!

Isn't that the Michigan state bird?

For me it is anywhere there is a Off Road trail. Love getting getting out in the truck. Taking a forest service road to nowhere.

Kymmie

I would love to live in a forest, in complete harmony with nature. I could do it alone if I had to. Maybe not completely alone, I need my furry kids.

10 hours ago, Ann W said:

In fact, you just reminded me that I saw the sweetest pair of women's hiking boots in my size.  I also just got paid for something, so I'm off to see if they're still there.

Yeah!

Also got a sweater at Goodwill.

I'm ready for my hike.

(but not where you snowbirds live)

20201102_233033-03.jpeg

9 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I would love to live in a forest, in complete harmony with nature. I could do it alone if I had to. Maybe not completely alone, I need my furry kids.

I used to think if something went wacky in my life I'd either end up a hermit in the woods or transitioning, now I'm doing the latter with a modified version of the former. Not in the woods, and not totally alone, but it's something of a similar vibe.  

• Forum Moderator

I am fortunate to spend much of my working time outside.  At this time i'm repairing the tubing that we use to collect maple sap.  I've got to do that now before it gets too cold.  Keeping my body warm is easy but fingers don't do well with the various fittings with heavy gloves and all the water we use to flush the miles of tubing.  

Hugs,

Charlize 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Charlize said:

Keeping my body warm is easy but fingers don't do well with the various fittings with heavy gloves and all the water we use to flush the miles of tubing.

@CharlizeYou may want to look to the sport fishing industry for some great Gore Tex gloves Thinsulate lined that are water proof. They're kind of costly, but worth every penny when working outside in the cold. My arthritic fingers rely on warmth to work. Even working with sticky sap or fish slime they wash up easily.

As usual Good Morning, the coffee was Hot, Black, and Strong.

Hugs for y'all,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

I wanted to share this morning but am not looking to receive hugs except for my wife who has been the caregiver and one who handles all the grief. My wife's father passed this morning at 4:53 AM (he went just as we were checking in and getting temps checked). My first sibling to pass - died 2 weeks ago and both my father-in-law and brother will be buried on Saturday.

To those who don't believe in a hereafter - try spending time with the incredible Hospice nurses and patients and when you see the patients reaching out to someone we can't see but whom you know they know and are being welcomed by - I know there is another place after here.

160 Quotes About Losing a Loved One | Coping with the Loss of Someone

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been in a place for the last couple of weeks.  Working my way out of it but fall/winter always challenges me.  Normally I head someplace warm to get away for a few weeks this time of year but alas.....

I can't believe I missed all the leggings conversations.  I'm more of a jeggings girl right now but leggings under a dress or skirt on cold days happens.

@ElizabethStari find either shapewear that does some tummy control is usually strong enough to hold things in place. Sometimes I will wear a gaf if my leggings or jeggings aren't leaving much to the imagination.  

Finally had my first meeting with a gender therapist yesterday via videochat. It went really well. I'm very happy with her, she seems to be exactly what I was hoping to find in a therapist. ?? So glad to finally be at this point, too, feels like progress. Excited for more sessions.

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

Finally had my first meeting with a gender therapist yesterday via videochat. It went really well. I'm very happy with her, she seems to be exactly what I was hoping to find in a therapist. ?? So glad to finally be at this point, too, feels like progress. Excited for more sessions.

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you.  

@Bri2020 I know how you feel about feeling off or in a place. It can be hard at times. I had that some this last couple weeks myself. The nice thing is, everyone here understands that and is glad when we can get back at or normal routines. 

@Heather Nicole I'm glad you are comfortable and getting your chance to work on things with them. I was supposed to get my chance yesterday too but, I got denied for insurance reasons and there is some discussion going on about how to get around that. I have no clue what will happen yet. If I can't get insurance to cover then I am stuck until I get some sort of different plan. Either way I am trying to stay optimistic. Some days are better than others.

22 hours ago, Jandi said:

Me too.  Add a small spring and some ferns. Perhaps a hut with a fire smoldering on the hearth - I'm not leaving.

I'm convinced my ancestors were forrest dwellers.

when I lived in Connecticut, and I didn't live on base, we used to make large bonfires and just burn anything and everything. including my math textbooks (once the year was over and they were the disposable ones) 

I kinda wanna live in the woods. 

@Bri2020 I know the feeling of having to fight of those demons, I am trying to do it now.

@Heather Nicole Congrats on starting in with a therapist. Therapy has lead me down a pretty great path, and will help you discover the real you.

Like I alluded to not feeling great this morning. I have been struggling with some intrusive thoughts as my therapist puts it. Not sure what it is, just know I don't like it. I don't want it to hit a crisis like it has in the past during this time of year. I am kind of scared that is the way it is going to go though. I am debating taking a couple of hours off later today and get online and do board games or something like that, pretty slow day at work.

• Forum Moderator

Today, I got a whole new appreciation for the term "snail mail".  Back in February, I sent off my application to the federal government to update my citizenship records with my new name and gender.  Today, I got email confirmation that my application has been received.

I did know that the citizenship office had mostly shut down due to covid, but I was starting to get worried that my application had been lost in the mail.  That would not have been good, since it contained my original certificate, which, by law, must be returned when applying for a new one.  However, all is good now.  In a while (who knows how long) I will be a properly-certified Canadian citizen.