• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

Debra Michelle

My youngest brother now my sister Chloe.I see her much happier,loves her life living and dressing as female

KymmieL

Tammy Ann is correct. enjoy time with your parents. I am lucky my mother is still around. still independent at 84. Lost my Dad in 06. Still miss him to this day. Also haven't came out to any of my family, Mom, brother, or sister.  well still not to my sons either. My youngest has to know he has seen me on this site.

Kymmie

lauraincolumbia
On 9/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Ellora said:

Enjoy! I don’t think I’ll tell my parents, and I’m ok with that. 

One of my many concerns with coming out, is telling my mom.  I don't know how she'll take it.    She is understanding, but also from that older very conservative generation.

TammyAnne

Coming out - I think it deserves its own forum - is a difficuLt adventure for almost everyone.

Fortunately I'm at an age where what others think matters little to me.

I'm enjoying my morning coffee on an obviously fall day with the bluejays screeching about outside. Wish everyone the best day possible!

KymmieL
57 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

That is why I am painting my nails, wearing what I want. If people don't like it tough tooki. Last week I had worn red nail polish. a few looks but no comments other than from a lady liking the color.

Yesterday was my second visit with my speech therapist. Got into some preparation exercises. I was able to get to a level I liked. 😁

Kymmie

TammyAnne
Just now, KymmieL said:

That is why I am painting my nails, wearing what I want. If people don't like it tough tooki. Last week I had worn red nail polish. a few looks but no comments other than from a lady liking the color.

Yesterday was my second visit with my speech therapist. Got into some preparation exercises. I was able to get to a level I liked. 😁

Kymmie

That is awesome Kymmie!

TammyAnne
15 hours ago, Ellora said:

It does have its own Forum:  " https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/forum/57-coming-out/ "

Honestly I knew that. It was a tongue in cheek way to direct someone there, since I've never mastered the art of link posting on my tablet.

Thank you for stepping up!

Ellora
1 hour ago, TammyAnne said:

I've never mastered the art of link posting on my tablet.

I figured you knew, I just posted the link just in case  😉. All I do is copy and paste the link (using my iPad mini), nothing special. 

Charlize

23 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Unfortunately Tammy Anne many of us who reach the age we don't care have difficulty with some of the technical aspects of these confusers.

Grocery shopping today.  Even farms need toilet paper.

Hugs,

Charlize

Josie Beth

I like how you called the computer a confuser! Lol!

Debra Michelle

Did get the good news,cancer free.Did get my hair done and I love it,a shoulder length bob cut.I needed to try something new after 12 years of long hair.

Charlize

That's wonderful news dear!  Celebrate with a trip to the salon.

Hugs,

Charlize

Debra Michelle
2 hours ago, Charlize said:

That's wonderful news dear!  Celebrate with a trip to the salon.

Hugs,

Charlize

Mom handed me $20.00,lost a $20.00 bet I would not change  my hairstyle she made

TammyAnne
14 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Did get the good news,cancer free.Did get my hair done and I love it,a shoulder length bob cut.I needed to try something new after 12 years of long hair.

Okay, if you only knew how jealous I am of you now!

I love - would love - that hairstyle. Baldness has put a dent in that so that even though my hair is longish, I look more like Ben Franklin.

Congratulations on your good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my November oncology appointment gives me the same news, even I can't have the same hairstyle!

TammyAnne
21 hours ago, Charlize said:

Unfortunately Tammy Anne many of us who reach the age we don't care have difficulty with some of the technical aspects of these confusers.

Grocery shopping today.  Even farms need toilet paper.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hug back to a beautiful lady!

TammyAnne

Thank goodness for coffee!

Thermometer shows 28° outside this morning.

Winter is flexing it's limbs getting ready for a long sprint.

Charlize

We are in the 40's here so my oatmeal with blueberries, juice and coffee will help face a days work ahead.  Many farmers get some time off during the winter.  We stay busy with the goats kidding in February and a sugar season here that can start as early as January and run until march.  I'm trying to get some new doors on a pole barn to create a new goat shelter.  I'm grateful the i can still be this active in my 70's.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Jani

Wonderful news @Debra Michelle

Ellora

@Charlize And here I am complaining it’s 80-95 deg everyday still, 😂. I don’t mind the cold too much, but now that I have been enjoying wearing skirts and dresses so much, I don’t think I want to bother with pants anymore 😂. I got rid of most of my pants, and I’ve either worn shorts or skirts. Wearing pants actually feel weird now. It’s hard to tell what kind of winter we will be having, so maybe it will stay warm for a bit longer.

i love goats, so it makes me smile when you talk about them. 

Im happy that you are still active at 70 too, and keep staying active, that’s what will help you, and everyone, to stay healthy the more that time passes. Being active and purpose helps the body, it sure helped my grandpa live to 102! 

=Hugs=

lauraincolumbia
5 hours ago, Ellora said:

Who doesn't love goats!

Willow

Hi,  Telling my parents is something I don't have to worry about.  Parents and sibling all gone years ago.  At the same time, I have to think that my father would not be accepting but I often think that my mother and sister knew even before I did.  Telling people you love and who love you can be difficult.

Willow

Josie Beth

Goats are very cute. They almost remind me of dogs when they wag their tails and try to get rubbed on their heads. Baby goats are lots of fun and like playing. I once helped care for a weak baby goat and the poor thing just needed some human contact. It gained its appetite and in no time was walking around again. Once it was ok then the mother accepted it back but initially I almost think she was going to just let it die. It’s amazing how animals can express gratitude, friendship, and even love without saying a word. I don’t think i’v ever met an animal that didn’t like me. Maybe at first they would be a little leery but they usually would warm up. I truly believe that not just people have souls. How else can you explain a dog saying goodbye and then dying a couple days later? OMG, I’m fighting back tears. I always remember my animal friends. They have often been more real than people. 

Ellora

Good morning! Almost finished with my Potato Breakfast burrito, but no coffee. I’ll make some later. 

My nipples are a bit sore, and they have been growing a bit, along with my breastages. They have been growing a bit more after the 6th month mark, and I think it also has a bit to do with the increase in the E Meds. I won’t be able to wear these shirts much longer without help from another shirt, or I might have to figure something else out. My friend said she has noticed more growth and  of a profile showing them a bit more. I’ve noticed my shorts have been fitting a bit more snug on my hips and buns. I’m very happy with all of the positive growth! 

Josie Beth

@Ellora congratulations! I’m also finally filling out the jeans that I bought last year. I’m eager to get more like them because they are so comfortable sometimes I just wear them around the house even if I don’t want to go out.

It’s a bit late for me to drink any coffee but maybe tonight I’ll get a sweet red and kick back with a glass. 

My hyaluronic acid serum arrived today! I have heard a lot of good things about it but I’ll just have to try it out and see if anything positive will happen. It’s about 4 fluid ounces so hopefully that’s enough to last 4 months before I have to get more. And that’s going to give me enough prolonged use to see results. It’s supposed to hydrate and plump the face really well. Supposedly as we age there’s less of it present in our bodies. I’m not sure how it really works but I’ll try to find out more information.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• SaraAW
    • Willa
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • shelly_koleva83
    • Jamie231
    • MaryEllen
    • Jocelyn
    • Krisvm
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

emily the wolf
    Newest Member
    emily the wolf

No users celebrating today
    • SaraAW
      Thanks @VickySGV  this was a great read. I definitely agree with the professor, this usage is an exercise in power in an attempt to equalize the power dynamics. The term itself is very neutral, but putting a qualifying label on the “norm” does attempt to denormalize.   We and many more marginalized communities have had to be labeled and qualified forever, it’s good for the “normal” to feel a little discomfort as long as we are not using the label as hate speech.  Thanks for sharing.    *hugs*
    • shelly_koleva83
    • lauraincolumbia
      Its great that you and Julie are still friends, but sorry you had to go through that.
    • tracy_j
      The height thing is one thing I think about with people (amongst several other looks). For myself from mtf point of view I am five foot eleven so not too extreme but it is a negative marker. I wonder about both cis men and women who are outside the normal range. In a place where I used to work there was a beautiful girl in her early twenties. She was six foot six and built in proportion. She worried greatly about the way she looked as she would be very intimidating to most men although obviously a woman. I was only wondering a day or two back where she is now.   I think the point I am indicating is that there are cis men and women out there whose looks are contradictory. They are common but it is in their actions and mannerisms that they show who they are. As you get older the androgyne looks will fade somewhat and it will be less of a problem. I can understand though how you feel as I know it would have been a far bigger issue for me to not have been heavily attracted to girls in my teens, just guys.I have never seen myself as gay as I am generally only attracted to heterosexual men from a female viewpoint but most women (lesbian or otherwise) although physically male (it gets really confusing if I think about it but I generally don't).  I can only suggest moving forward and gaining experience. You will meet people who see you as you are, not appear. I don't think relationships are ever easy.   Tracy
    • Aidan5
      I struggle with the same thing. Wanting to be treated as a male in a relationship, I get perceived as a lesbian half the time and it's terrible in my opinion because I want to be a guy. I am bisexual but am usually only noticed by guys who see me as a girl, but for me it's half and half. Some guys see me as a dude and some see me as a girl. Honestly, height will be the death of most of us trans dudes, and there is really nothing we can do about it. 
    • OliverPerry
      Oh! I'm really short! I'm suddenly kinda embarrassed about it but here it is anyway: 5ft   I'm doomed, aren't I?
    • OliverPerry
      Hello, wise beings!   Usual intro: I'm a 24 year old pre-everything FTM in hiding.   To the issue! I like blokes. To this day,  I never felt any sort of romantic/sexual attraction towards a girl.  Looking female*  and living as one makes it easier for me to attract and have sex with guys (straight ones).  However, I have always felt uncomfortable when doing it. But, believe me, It's not that I don't want to do it, I simply freak out as soon as the guy touches me on any of my "female exclusive parts", a thing that makes me wish for it to be over as quickly as possible. It's frustrating, feeling desire and not being able to act upon it and enjoy yourself. I feel like the few sexual encounters I've had have traumatized me. In fact, it has been years since I even kissed a guy. Nowadays, whenever I have the opportunity to be with someone in a romantic way,  I just run away, avoiding it like the plague. I miss those times when kissing someone didn't mean "take your clothes off". Oh well, that's a whole other issue though. The thing is, I find straight guys to be easy. However, they treat me like a girl and want me because they are attracted to me as a girl. This makes me uneasy, I feel I'm lying to them and that this lie is a major part of the problem. I don't want to be perceived as a girl while having sex but I do realize that's impossible while being in the closet.   I'm going to London next month, alone, and I feel it's the perfect opportunity to try another way of presenting myself, the male way.  I've been looking at binders online and I have convinced myself to get one. Also, I've decided to cut my hair short again, like the one I have in my profile pic. I've been growing it out for months. I stupidly thought that, by having long hair and not looking at myself in the mirror with a slightly more boyish appearance, I would eventually discard the wish to be male. It didn't happen though. Yeah, well, I guess you can't just erase 12 years of dysphoria by ignoring it. Truth be told, I've never wanted long hair, I've always preferred short. The problem is, short hair reminds me of what I don't have, I love it so much that it makes it causes me pain. Still, I'm going short again! I suffer with both styles anyway, so why not?  Righty right. Binder and short hair. Rocking no boobs and my strangely female but boyish facial features. Actually, quick fact, I work as an actress (secretly dreaming to be an actor instead) and I've been offered roles in Theatre which were actually for young boys. They cut my hair and there ya go! I'm a boy! Well, a 12 to 15 year old boy but, still, it's bloody great.    Ok! Being FTM, going to a club and being perceive as lesbian. How do I avoid this? There was once a time when I attempted to come out (failed miserably) and everyone just thought I suddenly liked girls. It's a complicated story though, I'll tell it some other time.  But yes, I've come across pre-T trans men complaining about this issue online. It is a thing and a quite annoying one, specially if you want to not only pass as male but also attract one. I'm really not excited about the thought of having a girl in my face and wanting to snog me. However, I do realize it must be quite difficult to attract a guy who likes guys and that's going to treat you like one when you're not even on testosterone yet. But, bloody hell, I absolutely despise having to play the role of the "cute" 24 year old girl in order to please a straight guy. And I'm a bloody people pleaser, a dreadful thing to be.  I just miss romantic/sexual interaction so much. Even just a bloody kiss would feel heavenly. But I really don't want to use my "female qualities" to attract someone.   Quick note: My inner being might not be female but it's also not all "manly". I'm shy and silly, which pretty much makes me a dork. If I had been born in a male body, I would have been the teenage boy with the awkward laugh that barely speaks but, when he does, talks really fast and then goes home kicking himself for acting weird around people again. This teenage boy would, of course, then lock himself in his room and spend hours playing the latest videogame in solitude. If you imagine him as a girl, you'd basically be imagining my teenage years (and my present life).  All this to share that I am not and doubt I'll ever be the stereotypical "dude".    *A shout of despair* I don't know what to do... Help! Someone! How can I have any sort of romantic interaction without being seen as a girl? Has anyone here been able to be perceived as a guy in the dating world before taking T?   I had many opportunities during this pitiful time of abstinence but I still couldn't go through with anything. I'm just really sick of lying and not being able to enjoy sexuality. My last kiss/sexual act was in march 2017. It's bad.  I want to enjoy my youth! It's slipping away!     *Don't let my profile pic fool you. I really bloody look like a girl in the real world.  If you saw me in person, or in another photo, you would never guess how uncomfortable I constantly feel. 
    • NB Adult
      You have us for now, and we are a motley tribe but we are here for you. Perhaps some day you might find the nerve to discuss just a tiny amount of personal things with one of those nice folks that you have come to trust, you may be surprised and get a very positive and uplifting response which might form the basis for trust and future conversations.
    • Jani
      That's so nice to hear!   Remember to pay it forward yourself. 
    • Jani
      A signature is just a representation of your name.  By "signing" you are attesting to that which came before (i.e. a letter, or a post on a forum).  Sometimes you must sign your full legal name (for a contract) but otherwise your signature is what it is.   If your name is Jane Doe and you sign J. Doe or JD that is OK.   I have blended my first initial and last name together for years and it became known as my signature.  I actually used a version to sign artwork when I painted years ago.  I think the goal is to be consistent and not flip flop around.  Practice until you arrive at something your like.     Jani
    • ShawnaLeigh
      That’s fantastic.  Must of made you feel so good.  ❤️
    • Lucca
      What are the legal and practical ramifications of changing your signature? Do I need to have a legal name change first? And can I sign with just my new first name? I don't like signing my last name with my current signature, it just takes too long. (I saw a video from Molly Burke a while ago, who is blind, and she signs her name with just her cursive initials since it's hard to write anything longer when you can't see. I thought that that would be super convenient for anyone, regardless of sightedness.)The guideline I've always read is that a signature can be literally any mark on a page as long as it's consistent, but that doesn't really tell me how to change my signature in a legally valid way. I mean, the first time I use my new signature, it's by definition not consistent with my old one.
    • Jackie C.
      Great news! Lesbians are awesome! Cake for everyone!   Hugs!
    • Lucca
      I think that there's a grain of rationality to the resistance to the term "cisgender", in the sense that it's a label that is being applied to a group that did not create it or approve its use. It's usually considered better form to refer to demographic groups and subcultures by terms they've created themselves, which is why the terminology surrounding transgender people has changed so much during the last couple decades when trans people took control or their own narrative.   I think the necessity for a neutral, maximally non-stigmatizing term to distinguish trans people from non-trans people outweighs the complaints from cis people about it, particularly considering that the term "cisgender" is just about as objective and value-nuetral as a word can possibly get; it's literally just the latin word that's the opposite of "trans" plus the word "gender". But I can at least kind of understand where the complaints are coming from.   I saw a TERF post once rejecting the term "cisgender woman" as offensive, and preferring the term "natal woman" instead. I mean, sure, I'd be fine with the terms "natal woman" and "natal man", that's pretty neutral, too, but in the end we just have to pick something and stick with it, and "cisgender" has become far more popular, and most people are ok with it. There just isn't any turning back the clock, and the objections to it are weak and arbitrary enough that I don't think we need to put any effort into changing it.
    • MaryMary
      yeah, I don't know. I do, maybe naively, think that cisgender exist just as a word to talk about a group of people who are not transgender. In a conversation always saying "those who are not transgender"  every phrase is not a very nice way to express oneself.   I do think, and maybe I'm somewhat cruel, think that those people who react negatively to the word cisgender are a little bit of spoiled child. I've been called a lot of thing in my life, lots and lots of them a lot worse then just "cis" who has very little negative connotation. Even in some ways positive connotation because if you say to a transgender woman she's indistinguishable from a cisgender woman it's seen as a positive thing to say...   anyway, just my 2 cents
  • Upcoming Events