• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

7 hours ago, Jani said:

I'm glad to hear things are looking up Tammy.   ?

Thanks! I think I'm going into the best years of my life.

Fingers crossed!

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Busy day for me,had to go to a storage locker auction doing the auctioning this morning.The place that does it fired their previous auctioneer,he was raising the bids on purpose.Found out about me and asked me if I would do it for them,told them yes.I got paid for it and he was satisfied I did a good job.Most of them were not like on Storage Wars,full of junk and garbage.

You may have found a new niche opportunity $$$ as your credibility increases!

48 minutes ago, NB Adult said:

You may have found a new niche opportunity $$$ as your credibility increases!

I learned from a friend of my dad's when I was 17.I do it at our towing yard auctioning off cars and trucks too.The bidders like me very well already,I am honest and will not screw them in any way.

Just to be more specific as it has many meanings: A niche is a space that's all your own, from a literal corner or enclosure to some kind of professional specialty. They will probably be calling on you more often, great little gig!

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Thanks! I think I'm going into the best years of my life.

Tammy I wholeheartedly agree.  Life is good but I'm looking for the best yet to come.  (sounds like a Sinatra song!)

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

Coffee is drunk,  My daughter and grand daughter made a big breakfast.

We will soon be on our way to Maryland for a Cheer contest.  First one this year for this team.  but the varsity cheer leaders have been having high school competitions since September.  We got to watch her at two high school competitions and now this one.

I also got to be the first to start her driving training.  She requested me because she was nervous to drive with her mother.  Her mother also asked me to do it so I guess I taught her well too.

three hours down, 43 more to go.  I got her started so driving with mom isn't so bad now.  I have to go home this week.

her younger sister is into hip hop and now ballet .I can't help with that.  Half way through her first yea the instructor is putting them on point.  My mother was a ballerina, had three studios near Boston and would never put a first year on .point.  ballet, tap, ballroom, even Russian but no point until they were older and stronger.

Willow

I had to let my wife teach my daughter to drive as I am way to emotional I was told.  I get uptight quickly and apparently yell.  I don’t know what they are talking about.....   lol

To make matters worse it was teaching her a manual transmission.  
Sounds like you have a big day ahead.  Have fun!

Found out my dad has Alzheimer's,turns 71 next month.He found out on Friday,one symptom was he could not remember my name.On medication for it now

42 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

Found out my dad has Alzheimer's,turns 71 next month.He found out on Friday,one symptom was he could not remember my name.On medication for it now

I am sorry to hear this.  
I have had four senior family members with this.  
It can be tough and cruel.  Never loose your patience is my best advice.  
❤️

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

I am sorry to hear that too!

My dad had similar and it was a troubling time. It was during earlier days and, as I was changing, it did confuse him somewhat. Unlike many and the rest of the family in particular, I actually found that we did become closer. I could cope when he called me his brother rather than knowing he was my father and caused issues with other people. He never once got violent with me and was generally a gentle soul. Yes understanding does change but I think we are in a better position than many as we are more used to change in people.

Tracy

Good Morning All

430am work out!  Daily grind before my daily grind.  Hate it but love myself afterwards. 
Hope everyone has a super day!❤️

3 hours ago, tracy_j said:

I am sorry to hear that too!

My dad had similar and it was a troubling time. It was during earlier days and, as I was changing, it did confuse him somewhat. Unlike many and the rest of the family in particular, I actually found that we did become closer. I could cope when he called me his brother rather than knowing he was my father and caused issues with other people. He never once got violent with me and was generally a gentle soul. Yes understanding does change but I think we are in a better position than many as we are more used to change in people.

Tracy

He has been going through health problems and now this.Mom,she has been dealing with it good learning very well that he has it

21 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

That is so difficult to deal with. Even mild dementia can be a struggle to face with one's parent. And it's an ongoing struggle.

A good friend's mother spent her last decade of life living at about the three year old stage. My own mother, who passed away not long ago, was quite goofy but also very devious in the way her dementia played out.

Alzheimers is not the same as dementia, although they can seem similar. You and your father will need help, be sure to seek it. Otherwise the challenge of being a 24/7 care giver will grind you down, as my friend found out with her mother.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear your dad has alzheimer's.  I remember my grand father not being able to remember and going to friends that had long since past on.  My mother, his daughter was the maid and my father was a butler but my sister and I were never forgotten.  Back then they just called it hardening of the arteries.

ShawnaLeigh, I too had anger issues back when I taught my daughter to drive.  She started with an automatic but I eventually taught her to drive a stick shift.  The first car I  ever drove, I was 13, maybe 14 and my mother taught me to drive her stickshift.  the only car she had at the time.  It wasn't far and no one was around but from then on...

I take a small white pill every day now and no more anger issues.\

willow

45 minutes ago, Willow said:

I too had anger issues back when I taught my daughter to drive.

Its not that I have anger issues.  Not at all.  I am fairly passive.  I have issues with staying calm and collected when she needs to apply brakes like 100 yards back.  I'm all"  HIT THE Brakes! NOW, NOW, NOW!"  In a panic.  Not helping her stay calm herself.  LOL

My wife is a rock when it comes to things like this.  Never gets uptight or yells.  Just calm.

(Its irritating ya know-LOL)

• Forum Moderator

I am one of those people who has to drive. Have been since I started.  I think it has gotten some what worse the older I get. My phobia of bad winter roads doesn't help.

Finally my Thursday after a 10 days straight working. Got to sleep in a little. Today and tomorrow then the weekend.

Have a great day all.

Kymmie

7 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

That is so difficult to deal with. Even mild dementia can be a struggle to face with one's parent. And it's an ongoing struggle.

A good friend's mother spent her last decade of life living at about the three year old stage. My own mother, who passed away not long ago, was quite goofy but also very devious in the way her dementia played out.

Alzheimers is not the same as dementia, although they can seem similar. You and your father will need help, be sure to seek it. Otherwise the challenge of being a 24/7 care giver will grind you down, as my friend found out with her mother.

An RN nurse comes in to check on him,I plan on being there when I can.Luckily mom is his care taker,she is a retired RN nurse

Busy early morning for me again.  Work out was good but started that late due to my dog crew decided they needed extra time in the rain to do their duty.  (I have 4 fur babies.)  Got out of the bathroom late.  I just had to shave my legs today.

Then I realized it was trash and recycling day and I was not prepared.  Uhhhggg.  Took that out and all the way down to the road.

I am so glad I am not on a time clock any more at work.  LOL

Being a women is hard work in the mornings and geesh I am still doing it Man style.  

I can't imagine adding make up and wigs/hair to this!!!

Coffee on the way to work while listening/practicing my voice training.

Now I sit here not wanting to do a thing.  I'm and already pooped and its only 8am.  LOL

Coffee this morning on a rainy, dreary day in the Ozarks. I can only describe as being almost the same soft light that you see in Vermeer paintings. And while it is overall gray (grey for those WN fans), the soft sense of color variation is a delight.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 

• Forum Moderator

Well once again woke up to the white crap coming down.  Not only the snow but cold, the ol' fence thermometer is saying 3 above. Officially saying -1. And it is only Oct for gods sake. I keep asking myself why I continue to live here. OH, your wife doesn't want to leave.

Plus I haven't yet found a place where it is between 60-80 year round.

Kymmie

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well once again woke up to the white crap coming down.  Not only the snow but cold, the ol' fence thermometer is saying 3 above. Officially saying -1. And it is only Oct for gods sake. I keep asking myself why I continue to live here. OH, your wife doesn't want to leave.

Plus I haven't yet found a place where it is between 60-80 year round.

Kymmie

Try Hawaii.

It’s supposed to rain all day today and then dip into the low 20s tonight. I’m expecting the snow to actually happen at that point. And I’m not even prepared for it. 

About the whole climate thing. Now it’s being called the climate crisis. It’s basically a way for corporate entities to guilt the population into buying products that supposedly can change the climate to less detrimental results. While it is true that humans can impact the environment negatively, they forget that this planet doesn’t live in a bubble without other influences. There’s the sun, solar winds, the orbit of the planet, the gravitational and electromagnetic influences of other bodies on our trajectory, the presence of celestial chemicals and compounds that the planet passes through and some inevitably makes it through the ionosphere. There’s just so many other factors that actually have a larger impact, that buying vegan burger might be more ethical to animals but it’s not going to stabilize the climate let alone prevent some previously unknown comet from slamming into the planet. And it’s not really all that bad. Humans have survived and adapted to several different instances of climate change in the past 10,000 years and even two polar shifts, caused by nearly being hit by two other planetary bodies  and the resulting earthquakes, heaving crust, cities being swallowed, the sky being in a near nuclear winter state, crops failing for several years, and even Egypt going from where Europe is today to where it is now because the planet literally flipped upside down. The calendar year changed from 340 days to 360 days to 365 days because of the planetary orbit being forced to a new trajectory twice by these other bodies. And we are still here. And we don’t have nearly the same sort of influence on climate as this actual catastrophe has had on the planet. But let’s just ignore that and buy these shiny new ethically moral products over here on the display! They’re only marginally more expensive than their less ethical counterparts. So let’s just chuck our money at the problem and hopefully it will magically disappear! Let’s ignore the bad behavior of unethical companies that are behind this marketing campaign!