• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

NB, I don't think that it is people are stupid. The major thing in the world today is no common sense. People today take everything so literally. When people believe that when Daffy Duck gets blasted by Elmer Fudd is real and they can try it. Something is wrong.

Happy weekend all. Finally have a day off. Actually two days off. What am I going to do. Today I am going to stay inside, in my PJs. Don't want to go out, -7 right now. Too cold for this girl if she doesn't have to she ain't.

Kymmie

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No common sense coupled with group-think mentality. -7 omg that's cold enough to freeze your face in short order. PJ's sounds like a plan!

I ended up firing an employee today,had enough of his crap and lies.He got mad and threw a hammer of his at a customer's car,damaged the windshield putting a small dent in the hood.Customer was informed and we are taking care of it,she was glad about this and is a good customer of ours.New windshield is being installed on Friday and having a friend of mine come over doing a dentless auto body repair  to the hood.

46 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

I ended up firing an employee today,had enough of his crap and lies.He got mad and threw a hammer of his at a customer's car,damaged the windshield putting a small dent in the hood.Customer was informed and we are taking care of it,she was glad about this and is a good customer of ours.New windshield is being installed on Friday and having a friend of mine come over doing a dentless auto body repair  to the hood.

OMG

Thats ridiculous.  Seriously.  ? 

• Forum Moderator
53 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

I ended up firing an employee today,had enough of his crap and lies.He got mad and threw a hammer of his at a customer's car,damaged the windshield putting a small dent in the hood.

Well, that certainly confirms you made the right choice in letting them go.  How immature!!  There's not enough time in this life to spend it dealing with people with issues like that...especially on a day to day basis.  Good riddance.

3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

OMG

Thats ridiculous.  Seriously.  ? 

3 hours ago, Susan R said:

Well, that certainly confirms you made the right choice in letting them go.  How immature!!  There's not enough time in this life to spend it dealing with people with issues like that...especially on a day to day basis.  Good riddance.

A 2015 Camaro and it is this customer's baby.My husband and I had enough of him,gave him a warning the first time putting a huge dent in the left side fender another customer's truck.Now in the hiring process for a new mechanic which starts next week

Good morning everyone. After spending all day yesterday tidying the drawing studio, I got started on the painting studio, sorting materials and rearranging things to my liking. The long, slow process of file synching for the workstations is ongoing.

Sipping coffee and wondering why dreams, goals, hopes always seem just out of reach.

I am attending a Pride Festival in Eureka Springs this weekend. Had hoped I'd at least look presentable and wear something nice. Instead I'm going, thinking "I'm not ready for this. I have nothing to wear! I need to shave!"

Theres just no time for "me" in all the effort getting the studio ready. The only bonus is its going to be chilly, so I'll be bundled up along with everyone else. Maybe no one will notice me.

13 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

A 2015 Camaro and it is this customer's baby.My husband and I had enough of him,gave him a warning the first time putting a huge dent in the left side fender another customer's truck.Now in the hiring process for a new mechanic which starts next week

Sounds like you're doing the right thing for all concerned, including the hammer thrower.

He should go to Scotland if he wants to throw a real hammer.

3 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Good morning everyone. After spending all day yesterday tidying the drawing studio, I got started on the painting studio, sorting materials and rearranging things to my liking. The long, slow process of file synching for the workstations is ongoing.

Sipping coffee and wondering why dreams, goals, hopes always seem just out of reach.

I am attending a Pride Festival in Eureka Springs this weekend. Had hoped I'd at least look presentable and wear something nice. Instead I'm going, thinking "I'm not ready for this. I have nothing to wear! I need to shave!"

Theres just no time for "me" in all the effort getting the studio ready. The only bonus is its going to be chilly, so I'll be bundled up along with everyone else. Maybe no one will notice me.

This sounds exactly like where I am right now. I can’t enjoy Halloween, I’m waiting on funds so I can get a number keypad and continue my art projects. It’s always something just out of reach and in this case it’s been two years of intending to get this going but always hitting obstacles. And I really need to get things started. 

19 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

I’m not a big fan of violent outbursts or public drama. It’s one thing to wreck one’s own belongings but doing it to someone totally unrelated... it’s just totally disrespectful. When it’s costing the business extra money it can’t afford to lose or potentially putting a bad taste in the mouths of customers, then yeah, get someone else who isn’t going to be a liability. Just remember that this new mechanic is walking into a mess and it’s going to take time for everything to get better. 

I’m sipping green tea this morning because coffee, even though I love it, has been making me feel too much of a crash right in the middle of work. The last thing I need is to nod off on lunch break. 

Went to my first TG support group meeting in over thirteen years as a guest of Susan R and her spouse. It was a good group, very open and fun to be with. Did my own little intro, explained my NB status briefly, everyone was quite accepting. I enjoyed reconnecting with the trans community just as I have enjoyed the forums here at TransPulse. Susan R is a doll and it seems that we have some history at a previous support group in common.

7 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Sounds like you're doing the right thing for all concerned, including the hammer thrower.

He should go to Scotland if he wants to throw a real hammer.

We are and the customer is glad we are taking care of it, new windshield put in today and the dent is gone

3 hours ago, NB Adult said:

Went to my first TG support group meeting in over thirteen years as a guest of Susan R and her spouse. It was a good group, very open and fun to be with. Did my own little intro, explained my NB status briefly, everyone was quite accepting. I enjoyed reconnecting with the trans community just as I have enjoyed the forums here at TransPulse. Susan R is a doll and it seems that we have some history at a previous support group in common.

That is fantastic.  I so wish I could meet some of my friends here one day.  

• Forum Moderator

Well had a great day, today. Went to my laser appointment. Was dressed in a sweater dress, leggings, a pair of low boots. Was called Kymmie there. Then made a few more stops to see about some VA paper work. Of course no help. So I had to go up to Cheyenne to the VA center. Got the paperwork I needed. Stopped at the lab to visit the vampires, for blood tests. Was asked my preferred name. I said my given name was fine, for now. 

Stopped at Burger King for lunch, was Ma'amed  and gave Kim for the order. Not a comment or anything.

That was till I got home. My son didn't say a word on how I was dressed. My wife was another story. She was negative. She asked when I got a purse. 'A while ago'.

Did you tell them you were dressed as a woman, 'yes'

You need to put some cotton balls in your bra. 'No it is just fine.'

She seemed to be upset about it, or something.  OH, well. I had fun. Wasn't nervous at all. Just faced everything head on.

Hope the wife's reaction isn't showing the future.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Hope the wife's reaction isn't showing the future.

I hope for you too.  
it does sound like a good day out just being you.  
It is nice to hear.  

Wives tend to do that for awhile until they either get used to it or leave for good. Either way, just be you and continue to be sweet to her Kymmie

Kymmie, does sound like a nice day out. Sorry to hear about the cold reception at home. It may be worthwhile asking your wife about how she was feeling. When my wife gives me a similar treatment, regardless of what I’ve done or wearing, alarm bells go off in my head that there is something we need to talk about. Getting her talk about is tough sometimes. Just my thoughts. 

Im so looking forward to my tea this morning, woke up with a chill. 

Short day at the office today, all meetings though, so won’t be too productive. Have a major project happening overnight Saturday that’ll I’ll need to be in the office for, hence the short day today. 

Have a great day everyone. 

*hugs*

Our friend Vicky has said it best in other posts but I took in to heart.  It is worth repeating.

Please friends do not forget how hard this can be on our wives (or husbands) on what we are telling them.  The shock must be incredible even if they suspect things already.  Seriously put yourself in there shoes (if they fit) and try and understand what your are truly telling them.

We focus on this transition being about us.  Our needs, Our survival.  Everything we want for ourselves to be who we are.   It is there burden too.  We forced this on them in a sense.  I say it like this because we knew before hand, even a little, but still married them and later decided it was time for us to come out later.  Those who have been up front and honest I applaud you.  I was to scared to ever tell anyone.  That is a fact for most of us.  It did not make it right that I didn't.  Its not there fault.  So be patient and try to explain it.  This may not be enough though.

We seek therapy to get things straight and understand ourselves.  We join forums to seek answers and someone to talk to.  Make connections and find acceptance even form strangers online.

They do not unless they are asked if they want to.  Some will, some will not.  Its a personal choice.  One I hope the love they have for us carries them to this conclusion. 

Trans couple therapy seems like the wisest thing when it comes to this topic.  Yes its money.  Hopefully its covered.  But even if its not.  Is it worth not your marriage, happiness and mental health of your marriage?  Or do you need that big screen tv more.  A new car. Whatever.

Its an investment into your love and happiness.  To save a marriage and to help someone who you love not just yourself.

For me it will be among the first thing I suggest if my marriage survives the initial blow of what I am telling her.

• Forum Moderator

Well the future did happen. And it was apocalyptic. The Reader's Digest version is It scared the crap out of both. So as of right now I am putting my transition on hold. Right now I love my family to much  to put them through a divorce, and all.  I got an ear full from both my wife and my youngest son.

I will give some more details later, either here or as a new thread. As the saying goes,  " Moscow in flames, Rockets on the way, film at Eleven."

Don't worry I am doing OK. My mind is going ramped right now. As you can expect, but no "S" thoughts. Unless dying in your sleep is one. LOL.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Well the future did happen. And it was apocalyptic. The Reader's Digest version is It scared the crap out of both. So as of right now I am putting my transition on hold. Right now I love my family to much  to put them through a divorce, and all.  I got an ear full from both my wife and my youngest son.

I will give some more details later, either here or as a new thread. As the saying goes,  " Moscow in flames, Rockets on the way, film at Eleven."

Don't worry I am doing OK. My mind is going ramped right now. As you can expect, but no "S" thoughts. Unless dying in your sleep is one. LOL.

Kymmie

Im sorry for your troubles with this.  Set backs can be a hard thing.  I feel your being wise taking care of your family and marriage but please don't let it take away from being you too.  Even if a little.  I may not be the best person to give this advice as this topic is one I am very touchy about right now with all my fears of what may happen.

I wish you luck and lots of love.

I am having a bad hair day sort to speak. Nothing seems to fit and I cut my danh shin shaving my legs this morning.  Trying to rush.   Though I am still riding high on the euphoria of coming out to my sister and it being a very positive experience.

I have my second therapy appointment today and I feel 1000 times different today about it.

I was so stress with super anxiety, crying, a hot mess my first time.

I am excited for today.

I couldn't wait to share my news about coming out to my sister and sent him an email telling him about it.  Hey why not.  Saves minutes in my hour talking about it right?  LOL

I hope everyone has a great day.

I am...

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie

Hang in there Kymmie, many of us have been there and have weathered through it. Slow it down and consider the alternatives and what if any concessions you are willing to make that she can find acceptable. This and the realization of the fact that I would have made a butt ugly woman which enabled me to accept NB status. I still have the drive, but it's not nearly as intense now that I have chosen the best path for the survival of my marriage.

I’m trying to get up and run errands. No coffee today. Just allowing my body to wake up. I’m not looking forward to this evening until it’s time to clock out. There’s an event happening in my building from 6-9pm so it’s going to take half of my time away from cleaning and leave me only 4 hours to do 8 hours worth of work. In the meantime I have to run errands and pay rent. And I’m also trying to figure out the next step in ridding my apartment from pests. The late summer seems to give insects an extra boost so they came out of nowhere and I’ve done everything I can think of to eradicate them. The cold helps some but I’m gonna have to take more drastic measures. I’m going to Walmart this weekend to price those vacuum seal bags for clothing so I can protect everything I don’t wear right now and then I’ll be able to rest assured that no matter what chemical is sprayed it won’t effect my belongings. I still have a closet to go through and eliminate. I just have so much junk I don’t need anymore. Not really junk but it’s time to get rid of it all. Hopefully someone will be interested in taking it or it’s off to the dumpster. The less I have the less hiding places. And my shower won’t shut off so I’m probably going to have to call maintenance on Monday because I just don’t have time for it today. I really need to gain some kind of side income from home soon so I can save up and move to a low maintenance place. It’s far past time for that and would do wonders for my attitude.