• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

What @NB Adult said. I think we all have at least one family member who went off the rails when we came out. You can make them happy or make yourself happy, but probably  not both. It sucks, sure but they're the ones that choose not to accept you. You shouldn't be expected to try and fix that for them. 

Hugs!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Jose, I actually have the company on my side. They recently added to their discrimination policy, gender identity, and I am not afraid to us it if need be.   How is Springfield in accepting transgender people?

I had planned on talking with my wife and see if I can find out why she went straight to the big D. I was going to do it when my nosy son isn't home. He plays poker with the guys Sat night. Unfortunately they changed it to tomorrow. So I hope to talk to her tomorrow.

Thankfully I have the resources to be able to move. With my job and I also have my VA disability.  

Kymmie

I’m not really sure how accepting it is. I know that I have had some difficulty myself but I’m not sure how others have been treated in general. I do know that some trans women have been unjustly targeted by police for presenting female with a male gender marker. I know there’s quite a few resources here. I know that the college campus has more open minded people, and most of the pride attendees come from the university. Which was a huge turnout this year. Probably 3-4x as many people as to the car shows during summer. But it’s also got a strong presence of people who live here all year round that do discriminate. And it’s got a large enough presence of conservatives that there’s two bible college campuses and an assembly of god credit union. So there’s usually a huge divide in the population. The conservatives narrowly overturned a city resolution that was supposed to include the anti discrimination language into law concerning gender identity. My guess is that it was a lack of conservative voters the first time it went to ballot and a bit of complaisance on the part of liberal voters the second time. I wasn’t here for that but I have noticed a lot more tension compared to several years ago over the issue. Let’s just say that the majority of people really don’t care most of the time. I’m sure a lot of people panic moved after the overturned resolution, but there’s still a transgender presence in the town, it’s just not always visible. I have seen several transgender women on the bus in the summer time but I present more androgynous because I lack the wardrobe and decent makeup so I don’t get “ma’amed” usually. Although I have been early in the morning and sometimes by roofers at a distance. I personally can’t wait until I can blend in better because it just saves a lot of confusion with people who usually just look at me quizzically. I do get a lot of genuine smiles from women usually. Guys? It’s a mixed bag, but I get creepy vibes a lot.  Some are uncomfortable around me but polite. Some look at me and I can see the hatred. And a lot of it depends on where you are in town and what you are doing. 

• Forum Moderator

Well asked my wife why she went straight to the big D. She said she married a man.

I need to let her know if I decide to continue to transition and we get a divorce. That I will be moving, I will not be able to live in the same town as she does without being married to her.  I will have to make sure that If I visit my sons and their families that it is not when she is. If it happens I probably just severe all contact with her. It will hurt too much to even see her. 

I hope this makes sense to somebody as I barely does to me.

Kymmie

Good morning! Sipping my coffee, cool weather with clearish skies.

KymmieL hopefully things won't have to devolve into further difficulties for you.  But sometimes a change of place - starting over - all there is to do. Whichever way things go, I certainly wish you the best, smooth sailing, fair winds and following seas as the sailors say.

I'm sure you know the VA is very transferrable. They will not only take your case in a new location, but I find that at every appointment I get asked "are you able to eat, are you in fear for your safety, do you have a place to live, is anyone hitting/abusing you?"

As well as "have you fallen recently?"

I feel really blessed to have my own home/studio away from my female partner, who has displayed some very negative reactions towards me in my feminine side. Getting away to another town has its advantages.

• Forum Moderator

TammyAnn, That is my strategy on the move. Getting away starting a new. I guess that I am just waiting for the right position to open up at the home office. There is one that I have put in for in the past in another location. That is one option but something keeps me here. that "L" word. Or maybe it is not wanting to move in the winter. My mind is in such turmoil right now it isn't funny. But I put on a male face and do what is expected of me. 

Kymmie

58 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

TammyAnn, That is my strategy on the move. Getting away starting a new. I guess that I am just waiting for the right position to open up at the home office. There is one that I have put in for in the past in another location. That is one option but something keeps me here. that "L" word. Or maybe it is not wanting to move in the winter. My mind is in such turmoil right now it isn't funny. But I put on a male face and do what is expected of me. 

Kymmie

Not to make light of your situation, but I moved during the winter, once.

My washing machine slipped off the dolly, fell on its side then slide down the hill a block away.

I'm not wishing a winter move on anyone!

Monday morning Blaaa.  Coffee is gone.  Now I suppose I have to get somethings done at work.

Some of which mean heading out to go do inspection at remote clinics around the hospital campus.  Its so cold out too.  Sigh.

Oh well.  Its money...

Morning everyone. Got to school safely and now in 2nd period American Lit. Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Yesterday night I came out to my stepmom as bisexual and she was pretty accepting. I held back on telling them because I didn't want them to think I was a lesbian, (Noting against them, I am just a guy).

2 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Morning everyone. Got to school safely and now in 2nd period American Lit. Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Yesterday night I came out to my stepmom as bisexual and she was pretty accepting. I held back on telling them because I didn't want them to think I was a lesbian, (Noting against them, I am just a guy).

Two thumbs up Aidan!

55 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

Thank you for the kind replies. 

Also thinking about posting some of my artwork after school!

Oh! Please do! That sounds awesome!

٩( ᐛ )و

3 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Thank you for the kind replies. 

Also thinking about posting some of my artwork after school!

Sounds like that discussion went well.

As to seeing your artwork, well sure.

I might even be persuaded to post some of mine, too.

43 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

Sounds like that discussion went well.

As to seeing your artwork, well sure.

I might even be persuaded to post some of mine, too.

You both should, it would be appreciated by all!

My morning is going as good as it can I suppose.

Still have a full travel mug due to the freezing rain we are having in Vermont.  No time to drink it being white knuckle driving on the way to work. LOL

Hope you all have a great day.

Clear sunny day here in the Ozarks.

Coffee is so good.

Dr. visit today - well actually group therapy technically.

These are usually positive groups. But full of desperate, lonely people sometimes.

Wish everyone a great day. Be safe out there!

I’m not really awake. It’s supposed to be a sunny day. I didn’t get anything finished yesterday that I wanted to and I’m still exhausted even though I slept a good chunk of the night. It feels later in the week than it is. Am I even on this planet? What was I supposed to remember? It’s probably a good time to make breakfast and actually try to get something accomplished. 

• Forum Moderator

Just got in from the gym. It's overcast. Supposed to be warm (comparatively, in the 40's anyway) and wet today. I was noticing how we still have green grass covered by snow and that the trees haven't lost half their leaves yet. What happened to fall?

I fed the cats, and now I'm sitting at my keyboard drinking (protein shake) my breakfast with a cat in my lap. He seems happy. He's purring anyway.

Working up the energy to go upstairs, shower and make myself look like a person again. Then I'm going to spend the day writing.

Game night tonight though, so I'm looking forward to that.

Nothing special. It's going to be a gray sort of day.

Hugs!

Purged some worn out stuff from my undie drawer and odered four Coobie bras that just shipped. They work when I want to look perky, the Aah Bras tend to slightly compress the goods. It's all a matter of time and place when deciding which to wear.

I feel good right now and my morning wasn't terrible, but last night was. 

My dad was making fun of a transgender woman (I forget her name) He showed a picture of her to my brother and asked if she was hot, my brother said yes and my dad laughed and chanted "Brad likes a man, Brad likes a man!" So my dad walked to the counter where I was washing dishes and told me that "Brad likes a guy" so I told him "Good on brad for liking a girl, but I don't really care about his interests." Then my parents decided to lecture me on "Being disrespectful" and that "I am just a kid and not on their level" even though they openly disrespected a transgender, knowing I am trans and won't stand for that. I got yelled at and I just went to my room to cool off, it didn't help that my stepmom had me skip my therapy appointment. But my dog made me happy because he looks like a seal.

44 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

My dad was making fun of a transgender woman (I forget her name) He showed a picture of her to my brother and asked if she was hot, my brother said yes and my dad laughed and chanted "Brad likes a man, Brad likes a man!" So my dad walked to the counter where I was washing dishes and told me that "Brad likes a guy" so I told him "Good on brad for liking a girl, but I don't really care about his interests." Then my parents decided to lecture me on "Being disrespectful" and that "I am just a kid and not on their level" even though they openly disrespected a transgender, knowing I am trans and won't stand for that. I got yelled at and I just went to my room to cool off, it didn't help that my stepmom had me skip my therapy appointment. But my dog made me happy because he looks like a seal.

Lets face it.  Parents can suck sometimes.  

Mine did/do even to this day.  I'm 52 and still get the beat down talking too by my mom.  Though I can just tell her to "take a hike" (with much sterner language) and not deal with her.  You my friend are in a different boat that most of us have been in.  Keep strong.

45 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Lets face it.  Parents can suck sometimes.  

Mine did/do even to this day.  I'm 52 and still get the beat down talking too by my mom.  Though I can just tell her to "take a hike" (with much sterner language) and not deal with her.  You my friend are in a different boat that most of us have been in.  Keep strong.

I will stay strong. I only have 1 and a half year left til I can be on my own and cut them out of my life until I am stable with our relationship. Thank you for your kind words.

1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Dad sounds a bit immature if you don't mind my saying so! My dog approves of your attitude, so do I. 

thumb_IMG_0177_1024.jpg

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Wow, that is some parenting fail right there. They're right though, you're not on their level. You can probably look down into the mud and see where they're coming from though. Good on you for trying not to get that stuff on you.

Not really sure where your mom gets off on having you skip therapy either. Parenting fail again.

Good on doggo for cheering you up though. That's what a Good Boy is best at. I mean he's not a cat, but I'm biased. ?

I keep going over that and thinking, "Man, I hope he gets to go to college out of state."

I hope today goes better for you bro. I swear it gets better after you move out.

Hugs!