• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

TammyAnne

Post surgery I had to give myself the belly fat shots twice a day for two weeks. It was either that or develop blood clots, so I managed to get through it. But it wasn't much fun.

We just have to do what we have to do.

I'm about to throw coffee in the pot to start my day.

I finished setting up the ten photofloods that provide light for my painting studio, so when the herd leaves after the holidays I can get some painting done!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

TA

tracy_j

Rain here yet again. I hope to get some painting done this afternoon but I could sure use some photofloods at the moment TammyAnne. It was my art group Christmas meal last evening and I had difficulty putting on my make up correctly :(

Tracy

ShawnaLeigh

So apparently I am having a second Monday this week. 

I had gotten up super early to get ready to go to work and had gotten out of the house with little issues.  I even skipped the work out to get going sooner.  A tad chilly to at -7* F.

Not as long cummute today though but long enough (45min).  

Realized I left my coffee on the roof of the car.  Saw it go flying about 100 yards down the road from my driveway.( That's sweet I thought...)   Old travel mug so it is being donated to the snowy ditch gods.  Id never of found it in the dark or deep snow anyways.

So now no coffee on my commute.  Sigh. 

I needed gas for the company car and decided I would do this before work since I have my therapy appointment today and have to leave early to get there in time.  (Hour and 1/2 away)

The lights at the gas station were off but the pumps were on so I stopped and got gas.  

However I could not see the key pad to put in my driver number or mileage.  (WTH!! Seriously, I thought)  I had to do this over and over because I kept hitting the wrong dang buttons.  I finally get frustrated with myself and got my phone to illuminate the key pad.  Yes by now it is now -9*F and wind is crazy.  I'm dying.  

I finally get to work only to discover I had forgotten all my security badges to allow me access in and every where in the hospital.  UUUGGGHHH!

Fortunately I was let in by one of the hospital higher ups who apparently knows me as they were arriving.  (I don't know them-LOL)  I was extremely thankful as THAT was about the time I realized I did not have my badge to swipe in and was left standing in the freezing temps and winds.  

Luckily I did not forget my key ring or Id be locked out of my office.  I am only here till noon30 so I can just do stuff in my office to pass the time. I hope.

Of course this will be the day I get 100 calls to go someplace and look at something behind doors I can not get through easily.  (Great).

Two Mondays in one week is not fair.  LOL

Wish me luck. 

Aidan5

Morning everyone, I stayed up all night putting up my Christmas tree, We got a bluetooth tree that lights are in sync with your music. Today I am going to decorate it. I did get in an argument with my parents again, but nothing I can't recover from, yare yare. Hope everyone is having a swell day!

Susan R

Morning all., i’m having my coffee before getting ready to leave for a big family Christmas party.  It’a sort of big day for my wife and I.  All of our children and grandchildren met us a year ago at our daughters house for this exact same thing a year ago.  The only difference...I was the old male me for the very last time.

Today, all of us (except one of us) are meeting together in one place to celebrate.  I haven’t been invited to this particular daughter’s home ever since I came out in May. Another daughter and children aren't coming because they do not accept me AT ALL. My third daughter and family are fine with everything and we’ve spent some quality time with them over this past year.

I’m hoping all will go well.  The family dynamics will be completely be different as a large group interacting under these new circumstances. I really don’t want to discuss sports with the guys...I haven't a clue about any of that stuff these days anyways.  I want to help out in the kitchen but four ladies working together might be overkill.  Most, if not all, the grandkids will likely be in the bedrooms or recreation room playing games.  So I’m sort of wondering where I’ll fit in this holiday.  I’m probably overthinking it a little but it’s a valid concern.  Wish me luck.

Susan R🌷

Jackie C.

You'll be fine @Susan R. There's always work to be done in the kitchen. It's more about helping each other and bonding than getting the food ready anyway. An extra set of hands is always appreciated. The kitchen is where I always hung out at family gatherings. Sports never worked for me and I was one of only two kids. Sports DID work for my cousin Bill though so as soon he was old enough he joined the men-folk.

I imagine I'll be hanging out in the kitchen this year too. Kathy doesn't get enough help and I honestly missed the girl bonding. This'll be fun!

Hugs!

TammyAnne
On 12/20/2019 at 2:49 AM, tracy_j said:

Rain here yet again. I hope to get some painting done this afternoon but I could sure use some photofloods at the moment TammyAnne. It was my art group Christmas meal last evening and I had difficulty putting on my make up correctly :(

Tracy

Best thing I've done for that is mounted stage lighting cans on light stands with 5000k led floods. The ten lights I have only draw 90 watts and put out very little heat.  Ten regular photofloods would melt anything near them!

I try to pay careful attention to the color of lighting. Regular warm bulbs are around 2700k - a much more orange tone. Noonday sun is usually around 5500k. But you can work with the 5000k lights. 

KymmieL

I wish you the best Susan R.

Close today, then off for 3 days. No big thing. Looking forward to seeing the older two and their families around the first of the year. Christmas shopping is pretty much done just waiting on delivery.

Kind of dreary today. cloudy bla  outside. Would just love to curl up with my writing in front of a warm fire. but alas have to work and no fireplace.

Kymmie

Willow

Hi, pouring rain today.  Predictions call for as much as 4 inches by Tuesday morning.

Cant wait until my daughter and family get here sometime Thursday.

She has to work Tuesday and Wednesday at her hospital 

willow

Susan R
On 12/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, Jackie C. said:

You'll be fine @Susan R   There's always work to be done in the kitchen. It's more about helping each other and bonding than getting the food ready anyway.

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I wish you the best Susan R.

Thank you so much ladies,  thought I’d pop in to give an uplifting update about how the annual family Christmas reunion went yesterday.  My wife and I had a wonderful time.  My wife, my two daughters and my 11 year granddaughter all hung out together most of the time in the kitchen.  We all talked about everything and it was all very affirming girl talk.   As Jackie C mentioned...it was a time of bonding as a woman with my family and it went better than I could’ve hoped for.  The adult men greeted me as usual but they didn’t try to really converse with me with their usual jargon.  A few football games were on so they were occupied most of the time with that.  When we all sat down to eat, everything was normal.  Opening the gifts was nice.  I received gifts that a woman would appreciate.  One gift from my daughter was an absolutely beautiful gold necklace and it is exactly my length, style and taste.  My Christmas cards addressed me as ‘Nana Susan’ instead of just Susan.  That nearly made me cry in a good way.  It looks like my worries were all for not.  I am very happy today.

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Susan R🌷

KymmieL

Susan R I'm so glad that everything went great for your Christmas Reunion.

Well I am off until Friday. Yeah I know I am off all the time. I mean work. Going to try and enjoy myself. Not worry about anything.

Merry Christmas to all my sisters and brothers here.

Kymmie

ShawnaLeigh
8 hours ago, Susan R said:

Thank you so much ladies,  thought I’d pop in to give an uplifting update about how the annual family Christmas reunion went yesterday.  My wife and I had a wonderful time.  My wife, my two daughters and my 11 year granddaughter all hung out together most of the time in the kitchen.  We all talked about everything and it was all very affirming girl talk.   As Jackie C mentioned...it was a time of bonding as a woman with my family and it went better than I could’ve hoped for.  The adult men greeted me as usual but they didn’t try to really converse with me with their usual jargon.  A few football games were on so they were occupied most of the time with that.  When we all sat down to eat, everything was normal.  Opening the gifts was nice.  I received gifts that a woman would appreciate.  One gift from my daughter was an absolutely beautiful gold necklace and it is exactly my length, style and taste.  My Christmas cards addressed me as ‘Nana Susan’ instead of just Susan.  That nearly made me cry in a good way.  It looks like my worries were all for not.  I am very happy today.

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Susan R🌷

Oh my this is wonderful!  I am so happy your family was so accepting and loving towards you.  I hope one day this is how my holidays go. 
Congrats on the validating event!

ShawnaLeigh

Well I have a busy day.  The house needs a good vacuum since we have 4 dogs that shed 24/7/365 it seems.  I can see tumbleweeds rolling around under the table.  Dish Washer emptying and just general cleaning.  I have my daughter and her boyfriend due over tomorrow afternoon for dinner and movie night. 
I don’t have all day because I am picking my wife up from work so we can go see the new Star Wars movie this afternoon too!!!

I am getting nervous about early January though.  It’s my plan to continue coming out then.  I was on a roll in November and then just shut it down by request from my wife.  Just for the holidays.  Uggh.
All that positive energy I was getting back has worn off and I am all scared again to tell anyone. 
Oh well.  It will be what it will be.  
I hope everyone has a great holiday!

KymmieL

Shawna, I saw the new Star Wars. I liked it. Screw what the critics are saying. I am going to continue with my transition. While I have yet to came out anymore. I am feeling good about myself when I present as a woman. I am almost at the if asked I will tell that I am trans. I am doing it for me, myself and I. That is the only three that are concerned.

Well the blabber mouth is at it again. My youngest has blabbed again. Last night before be I was looking up DIY Christmas nail art. I was wanting to see what Xmas designs I could do with my nail(s) My youngest heard the video I was watching, and told my wife.

Just after going to bed. My wife asked me if I was going to go to Walmart to get my nails extended. Of course No. I wouldn't get it done at Walmarts nail place anyway. It is getting to the point that I may have close my windows again, when he is around.

Have a great day.

Kymmie

Debra Michelle

Been busy getting ready for next week,leave January 2nd for my gender corrective surgery.Looking back on changing my decision,going to be well worth it in the long run.My son Tyler,he is doing well with this knowing he is coming for support.Going to see the years of pain I went through go away.Mom is coming too,she is ready for one son become a daughter.She has said I should of been the one born a girl.

Jackie C.

Best of luck @Debra Michelle! May your results be everything you were hoping for and your recovery swift and painless.

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh
On 12/24/2019 at 11:19 AM, KymmieL said:

Shawna, I saw the new Star Wars. I liked it. Screw what the critics are saying.

I fully agree.  My wife and I saw it on Xmas Eve and we loved it.  LOVED IT! It does answer a ton of things from previous movies that left open ended questions.  No spoilers..  LOL

I never listen to what "They Say" anyways.

If I did I most likely would still be hiding and miserable...

KymmieL

They way I always look at it is if the critics hate I will love it. But Star Wars was left open. for future expansion which if it make money Disney will make it. The greedy bastages.

Kymmie

Willow

@ShawnaLeigh I hope everything goes well for you when you come out next month.  I still can't do that.  The people who count the most to me know and of course lots of doctors, therapists et al but that's as far as it has gone or will go anytime soon.

I realize now what I missed out on all my life.  When I see a girl or woman I'm not looking at them leering, no, I am longing to look like them or evaluating what they are wearing.  I only wish what I know today I could have known 50 years ago and acted upon it them.

As it is now I can only scratch my itch, I can't live it full time.

I hope everyone had a good holiday and a great new year.

Willow

ShawnaLeigh
51 minutes ago, Willow said:

@ShawnaLeigh I hope everything goes well for you when you come out next month.  I still can't do that.  The people who count the most to me know and of course lots of doctors, therapists et al but that's as far as it has gone or will go anytime soon.

I realize now what I missed out on all my life.  When I see a girl or woman I'm not looking at them leering, no, I am longing to look like them or evaluating what they are wearing.  I only wish what I know today I could have known 50 years ago and acted upon it them.

As it is now I can only scratch my itch, I can't live it full time.

I hope everyone had a good holiday and a great new year.

Willow

Thank you Willow. 
I know it will be tough to finish coming out and then dealing with the aftermath.  I hope one day it’s just in my past and I’m living as I should.  That seems like decades away though.  Years for sure.  

ShawnaLeigh

It’s not super early but for some reason I can not sleep.  This irritates me as I certainly have time too and need it.  Ok well I know why I can not sleep.  
All my old anxiety and stress of coming out are starting to effect me again as my continuation of coming out arrives shortly.  I can’t shake the feelings of fear even though logically I know I have no choice but to be myself and to do that I need to tell people.  Still.  It’s so scary. 
Anyways....
My wife is going out with her mother this AM for half the day and I will be left alone to do whatever I want.  Left alone with these feelings.  I plan to try and pamper myself and continue to work on my letters.  
I hope the rest of you have a wonderful day. 

Jackie C.

It's probably the weather. I have trouble sleeping when there's mad pressure changes too. If I think of it, and I know they're coming, I dose myself with Melatonin (I'm like 80% sure I spelled that right) before bed.

Coming out gets easier with practice. Honest. You got a bit of a ding at the start with some family members who Shall Not Be Named but it gets better. Relationships change over time no matter what you do. Maybe you come out as trans, maybe you like the wrong baseball team. Some people will judge you for the stupidest reasons. New friendships come into your life and sometimes old ones fade away. The fact that you're coming out as yourself is just one factor in the tornado of circumstances that swirl around you every day. At least this way, when it's all over, you're happy with yourself while you're sitting in the mud and wondering where your trailer blew off to.

At least you can do whatever you want. I'm off to Sam's Club to buy cat food (in like four hours, they don't open until 10 I think). The little heathens are down to their last can.

Hugs!

Jani

That's interesting about your sleep pattern.  Frequently I will have a difficult time at full moon. I suppose its due to the gravitational pull.  As we're in the new moon phase I've been sleeping well! 

@Jackie C. You feed your cats "cans"?  

Jackie C.

1 hour ago, Jani said:

@Jackie C. You feed your cats "cans"?  

Sure, they get one can of Fancy Feast split three ways in the morning plus free-choice kibble. Surprisingly, only one of them is fat, but we're having trouble figuring out how to keep ONE out of three cats out of the kibble.

image-20191107_141007.thumb.jpg.e26c4bed53615ecbd648b7a00a2cab09.jpg

This one. This one is eighteen points. He's thicc.

Hugs!

Jani

It was suppose to be a joke, eating cans?   Harkens back to the (false) narrative about billy goats eating cans!  

So much for humor on the internet!