• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Debra, Congrats on a successful surgery. 

Shawna, Glad you made it through the commute especially with running out of coffee. Be safe going home.

Glad I don't have to do the long commute anymore.

Have a great day all.

Kymmie

ShawnaLeigh
37 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Shawna, Glad you made it through the commute especially with running out of coffee. Be safe going home.

Well I find if I drive as fast as I can I wont be on the roads as long.  LOL

lauraincolumbia
14 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

In the hospital recovering,my GCS went well yesterday.Mom was told she has a daughter now.Painful at first and I did get my first walk out today.I did see the results,love it.My son Tyler,he is glad I am finally happy

I"m so happy for you!   Do they refer you to a Physical Therapist to help you heal?

Jackie C.
16 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

In the hospital recovering,my GCS went well yesterday.Mom was told she has a daughter now.Painful at first and I did get my first walk out today.I did see the results,love it.My son Tyler,he is glad I am finally happy

Congratulations! May your recovery be swift and painless.

My morning's been pretty good. Running on six hours of sleep. I was out with friends last night. So worth it. Just what I needed. I'm still a ball of anxiety from being off my precious, precious HRT, but being silly with friends helped me not think about it for a while and I basically collapsed into bed when I got home.

Miscommunication with my personal trainer. We've got it straightened out for next week. It's fine. Everything is fine. That's been my mantra for the last few days. Just trying to cope.

I did have a complete stranger compliment my hat on my way out of the gym. She said that not only was it wonderful, but that I wore it well. Darn right I do. That silly bit of felt is the best hat I've ever owned. (It's orange and has fox ears on it. I adore that hat.)

It's going to be a good day today. I'm going to shower. Start the laundry and have a nap. After that, we'll see.

Hugs!

Jani
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I did have a complete stranger compliment my hat on my way out of the gym. She said that not only was it wonderful, but that I wore it well.

That is something women do.  We went to dinner the other afternoon and when my wife returned from the restroom, a woman passing our table commented on her shoes.   The adage that women dress for each other is true in some ways! 

5 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

Do they refer you to a Physical Therapist to help you heal?

Unless you have some odd issue (which I cannot imagine) there is no need for physical therapy.  

Jani

Debra Michelle
7 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

I"m so happy for you!   Do they refer you to a Physical Therapist to help you heal?

No,I do have an appointment to see my mom's ob/gyn doctor next month to check on it.Mom checked into this,her ob/gyn doctor said she has patients that post op trans women.

Debra Michelle

Was excited to see my longtime friends Jessica and Racheal see me today.Had to show them the results and were amazed It looked like theirs too.They are genetic females and have supported me through my transition.Looks like I am coming home tomorrow,passed the urination test.Jessica and Racheal did get me a card and I loved what was written in it:

Debra,we know that you are completely happy now and see you as one of us.Watched you struggle in pain in the past when we knew you as "Adrian" and we cared about you a lot.When you came out,we told you we are still friends no matter what happens in life.You have found your true self,you are one of the girls just like us now.We both don't miss "Adrian" at all,all we want to see is you happy as Debra now.You made it through even from our support,we never let you down and have shown it.All we want to see you is be happy with a better life,this has happened and a much better friendship has happened.

Jessica and Racheal

Jackie C.

Your friends are awesome Debra. Glad everything is working out well for you.

I'm still running in circles from being off HRT. 😋 Goddess I miss my drugs.

May your recovery continue to go well. I hope you're happy with the results!

Hugs!

Josie Beth

Good morning! I’m not really awake yet but it’s Friday so errands day. 

I have a little good news. I have been using a special shampoo now for months and I just haven’t seen the back of my head for a long time but today I noticed that it’s actually helping my hair grow back in where it was thinning out! It’s almost completely filled in. I’m guessing that it’s also because of the hair oil that has the same ingredients too but it’s encouraging. It’s also growing fast. At this rate I’ll have another 3 inches in a couple of months. 

Jackie C.

Fantastic news! I'm glad it's working out for you!

Hugs!

JustineM

@Josie Beth what kind of shampoo are you using, if I may ask? I’m getting rather thin on top myself. 

Josie Beth

@JustineM it’s called art naturals argan shampoo and conditioner. Comes in a two bottle set on amazon. I’m also using argan hair oil of morocco from Walmart. Keeps the tangles out and it helps dryness. It’s not really a miracle against bad hair days because I rarely have time to do my hair before work but it’s doing a good job otherwise.

Belle

@Josie Beth are you on HRT at all or is this purely the shampoo and oil?

TammyAnne
7 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

@JustineM it’s called art naturals argan shampoo and conditioner. Comes in a two bottle set on amazon. I’m also using argan hair oil of morocco from Walmart. Keeps the tangles out and it helps dryness. It’s not really a miracle against bad hair days because I rarely have time to do my hair before work but it’s doing a good job otherwise.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm way too thin on top. Maybe it'll help.

Wish hair was migratory. If only I could get the thick body hair to migrate north to the top of my head

TA

JustineM
2 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Wish hair was migratory. If only I could get the thick body hair to migrate north to the top of my head

TA

I know right! 

Thank you Josie I’ll have to check that out

Astrid

I'm ever-so-slowly beginning to see results on top of my head (thanks to Minoxidil, Finasteride this past year and now added Estradiol when I recently started low-dose HRT).  I'm most worried about my receding hairline in front -- most sources I've read indicate that seldom grows back.  Anyone with advice/tips/news about that?

Astrid

Jackie C.
13 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

It is! Unfortunately it only migrates from your head to your back and ears.

As for hair restoration... my Alopecia broke a dermatologist's clinic. We tried literally everything. They eventually fired me because they felt bad about taking my money. I've had steroid injections in my scalp, dozens of salves and ointments. We eventually tried the laser. None of them worked.

Well, that's not true, my hair responded to twice a week steroid injections to the scalp, but the hair fell out again after treatment ceased. Obviously you can't do that full time, so it's wigs for me.

If your hair doesn't recover, I'd suggest either adopting a hair-style that minimizes or covers the thin bit. Basically a girl comb-over. Your other choices boil down to getting implants or wearing a wig. You might be able to get a partial that covers up the thin areas. I'm like a naked mole rat, so I haven't looked into partial anything.

Best of luck! I miss my hair too.

Hugs!

Cyndee

Good morning all, sipping my coffee and watching the screens, on call for work today. 

A dark and rainy morning, 44f here now.

C -

Jani

Already 55 here and heading to 60's for a couple days before its back to our regularly scheduled winter temps.  Heading over to Exeter for lunch and a walk by the river.  

Jani 

Jackie C.

Just back from morning errands. It's warm... ish, so I got to wear my biker jacket. Took care of the drug store, weekly banking and had a trip to the bakery. I got enough bread for a week or two, a "monster cookie" for Susan and a piece of turtle cheesecake for me (yum!).

Laundry is almost done. I'm going to do the dishes in a minute. After that, folding laundry and then the rest of the day is mine until it's time to make dinner. Chicken Parmesan tonight.

I'm probably going to spend the rest of my time writing until Susan gets home. I think it's going to be a good day.

Hugs!

JustineM

Good Morning Ladies and Gents

Got my coffee and relaxing on the first day of vacation.  Looking forward to pampering myself this week.  Ice and snow outside so I think I will just stay inside where its warm.  

Willow

Hi all

cloudy, rained some this afternoon but unusually warm and humid.  Supposed to be in the seventies for the next several days.

replaced the harmonic balancer on my car today.  It wasn’t the easiest thing to replace I ever did but that was a matter of figuring out how to do things without the special equipment a garage would have.

test drive went well so it seems to be fixed.

Willow

JustineM

So my wife surprised with some new bras today. A very pretty blue one and a green and white one. I got to say I love this woman. I also got her to tell me her thoughts on my transition finally. She is ok with the dressing and even with HRT. However she isn’t so open to the idea of the surgeries, not exactly surprised by that. At least I got her to be honest with me.

also I don’t know why this post is trying to quote you Tammy, sorry I can’t seem to get it off

23 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Debra Michelle

Back home and recovery is still going well.Getting used to it more and I noticed something.I can look in the mirror now with confidence

A. Dillon

Congratulations Debra! I am happy that you can finally be your true self. All of the hard work has paid off, and I hope that there is a lot of good coming your way.