• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

TammyAnne

Good evening all.

Been going crazy trying to get three workstations ready for Windows 7 end-of-life. Installing patches, upgrading hardware. Now have two of the three unbootable, but the third one works great. If I can just get the others going!

This is so unfun, but necessary because these computers will go "dark" (disconnect from the Internet) at end-of-life to continue as my graphic workstations.

So I will likely be scarce for a few more days.

Cheers, TA

TammyAnne
On 1/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, JustineM said:

So my wife surprised with some new bras today. A very pretty blue one and a green and white one. I got to say I love this woman. I also got her to tell me her thoughts on my transition finally. She is ok with the dressing and even with HRT. However she isn’t so open to the idea of the surgeries, not exactly surprised by that. At least I got her to be honest with me.

also I don’t know why this post is trying to quote you Tammy, sorry I can’t seem to get it off

It's alright Justine. The weirdness of computerized machines never ceases to amaze me. I believe they're haunted.

TA

Kyler R.

Good Morning. So I barely slept last night. Instead I read books. And I'm back at school. Which really doesn't make me that happy. But it's better than being at home so that's a benefit.

ShawnaLeigh

My positive wave of euphoria just keeps going.  I had an amazing weekend and the final tally was 5 friends and my two children all being super supportive and accepting.

I also hit "send" to the Director to our division I work for.  I have been waiting for an email reply all morning chewing my nails.

He called me with a few minutes ago the had same extremely supportive attitude and he is very driven to make sure we inform everyone at my comfort level and then he wants to set up meetings with my hospitals to do the same.   With me!  I am blown away.  The Director!  That's like 3 levels above my supervisor.

Though I do feel very special I shouldn't be all that surprised as I knew him from high school.  LOL

So although my Monday is beating me up at maximum work overload my mood is still riding Cloud 9.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Jackie C.

Fantastic news Shawna! I'm glad (almost) everybody in your life is being supportive! This is hard enough to do without people you care about coming down on you.

All I did today was three and a half-hours in the gym, chiropractor and a trip to the pharmacy to tell them that I don't need my Estridiol renewed right now because I can't have any for five more weeks. I'm thinking about lunch, then I'm going to write until it's time to talk to my therapist.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hugs!

JustineM

Fantastic news Shawna! So happy for you. 

Debra Michelle

My employees were glad to see me back and saw I am much happier since I had my GCS.Taking it easy although I did go home to dilate in the afternoon.I am loving life as a post op now and healing up well.Been doing the easy jobsMom's ob/gyn doctor,I am scheduled to see her for my follow up next month

Jani

Good for you Debra!  

Debra Michelle

Reaction from my other GG female friends was oh my god seeing the results looking like the real thing.My mom's ob/gyn doctor,she is a post op MTF too.Had hers done when she was 18 and she is my age,41.Her story was like mine,unhappy as male and started her transition at age 15.

JustineM

That’s great Debra. And back at work so quickly. 

KymmieL

Just got back from my recert for my c-pap machine at VA. Went in all girl mode, Sweater dress, leggings, purse. This was my first time in girl mode in the primary doctor waiting area. (meaning a lot of people. I did get some looks but I just did my thing and waited to be called. No worries. 

I was able to get out and home  and changed before my youngest got home from work. He would surely blab to my wife.

Kymmie

AdriannaB

Decided to go shopping for a new pair of boots.I had a pair that finally bit the dust,a pair of knee length 4 inch heel boots.Heel broke on them Sunday night,had them for 10 years and they were starting to fall apart.I love my new pair,wife was with me and did say I looked good in them.

Willow

Good morning 

I just made coffee.  It rained again last night signaling the impending cold front.  We’ve had 70s for the last few days, but that’s done for a while. 

My wife and I have been doing water aerobics a couple times a week.  It’s helping here knee loosen up finally and it’s good for me too.

enjoy your day.

willow

Cyndee

Good Morning, on my 2nd cup already, the snow turned to rain overnight, the air is cool and moist now. My skin can feel the difference. This time of year, I use way more moisturizer, love this lavender hand creme 

Have a nice day

C

Jani

The mix of snow and rain is ending here but my electrology appointment was moved since she had a number of cancellations and called it a day.  I'm at the point its just touch up anyway.  Soon I'll go out and fill the bird feeders with seed as they look empty.  

Jani

ShawnaLeigh

Oh yea another crap-tacular commute this AM. Big snow storm here in our area.  Again....

I lived.

Not much death and destruction happens at 10mph.  LOL

I had coffee and my audio book so I was slow and easy.

But I got to tell you I am getting tired of white knuckle driving conditions.  I'm not worried about myself as much as I am the idiots who have 4WD and think they can do interstate speeds on back roads. .

Jani
44 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

much as I am the idiots who have 4WD and think they can do interstate speeds on back roads.

I agree, and I'll add those that think "All Season" tires are the answer for New England weather.  We've run Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires from Finland for many years.  Love them.  

Rachel76

I have 4 wheel drive and all season radials and make sure to go slower in bad weather like this. Sure I can get going better but ice is ice and still slippery no matter what. On the flip side I hurt my back a couple weeks ago on New Year’s Eve and it has been hurting since. Coffee is on and I’m relaxing before work.

Jani

Take care! 

KymmieL

My second day off. had to return something to the store and of course pick up peanut butter. Can't live with out it. LOL

Set up my appointment with the endocrinologist today. Mar 10 at the Denver VA. VA is even springing for a room for me to stay and head home the next day. So hope all goes well. 

Kymmie

Jackie C.

Neat! Congrats Kymmie! Just repeat after me, "This is fine. Everything is fine." Best of luck!

Hugs!

AdriannaB

Did find out I am getting a new company truck to drive around,a 2020 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado.Boss had enough of the 2017 Ford F150 I have been driving around having problems with it.Engine blew up in it on Monday.Pick it up on Saturday,found this one today,Boss had me drive it and I liked it.Work for a construction company as a contractor

tracy_j
16 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

But I got to tell you I am getting tired of white knuckle driving conditions.  I'm not worried about myself as much as I am the idiots who have 4WD and think they can do interstate speeds on back roads. .

I do remember having to be out in all weathers with work. One issue I found with these people who drive 4WD cars is that when going through floodwater slow but determined it was infuriating to have a 4WD come the other way without slowing down and potentially flooding my engine with their bow wave.

As Rachel said - Ice is ice. I remember years ago deliberately travelling on the empty snowcovered path (sidewalk) (technically illegal but safer) at the side of a country road which was covered with black ice on a trials bike. Even with one of those ice is still tricky but a layer of snow, if not too thick,  is no problem.

Latter days in the car it is more of thinking what silly things others would do. It is a little un-nerving to travel down a back road covered in snow though and see a trail of cars in the hedge bottom, wondering if you are next.

Tracy

SaraAW

Good morning everyone. A belated Happy New Year to you all. I’m back from a bit of an absence. Was dealing with a bit of stuff in my life and had shut myself out of pretty much everything  for awhile. After a friend reached out and some good chats with my therapist, I’m feeling much better. Started hormones 3 days ago, yay!  Also have had some good conversation with my wife, I think I’ve got my feet back underneath me and keep stepping forward again. So it’s Friday now, looking forward to my morning tea shortly and the end of the work week for me later this evening. 

Have a great day! Stay safe for those of you having to go out in bad weather. 

ShawnaLeigh
1 hour ago, SaraAW said:

Good morning everyone. A belated Happy New Year to you all. I’m back from a bit of an absence. Was dealing with a bit of stuff in my life and had shut myself out of pretty much everything  for awhile. After a friend reached out and some good chats with my therapist, I’m feeling much better. Started hormones 3 days ago, yay!  Also have had some good conversation with my wife, I think I’ve got my feet back underneath me and keep stepping forward again. So it’s Friday now, looking forward to my morning tea shortly and the end of the work week for me later this evening. 

Have a great day! Stay safe for those of you having to go out in bad weather. 

I am so happy you are back and can post again.  I am even more happy things seem to be moving in a positive direction with your wife.

HRT is SUPER good news coming from you!!!!  I am very proud of you girl!