• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trump Administration Pushes for New Legal Definition of Gender

Jani

• Admin

As long as courts continue to protect our rights we are relatively safe, but that will erode as more and more courts are dominated by Trump judges.  Which is why Dems have to win back the WH in 2020.

They will not erase us.  We are here to stay!

Carolyn Marie

My dysphoria is around ability to get to surgery.

sl

Surgery. OMG... If this happens...

This threatens my very future!

All my ID says female now and I am having Birth cert amended as we speak!

Still scares the crap out of me!

Better get my passport done now.  Guess now if they are pushing for the gential that your born with.  There is going to be a big rush on GCS.

• Forum Moderator

This. Is terrible news.  Why is this happening now? Strange timing right before the midterms..looks like he's trying to sabotage his platform.  I hope this doesn't stick though. What a blow to the Trans community.

I have never been affiliated with a political party my entire voting life but am now changing from independent to democratic. This is unacceptable and I for one won't stand by and just hope for the best. Absolutely not. I have finally found the courage to go through with transitioning, got laser hair removal, feel better about myself than I ever have and am looking forward to changing everything. This bothers me so so so much :(

• Admin
2 hours ago, SusanMtF said:

This. Is terrible news.  Why is this happening now? Strange timing right before the midterms..looks like he's trying to sabotage his platform.  I hope this doesn't stick though. What a blow to the Trans community.

His platform as it relates to the LGBT community, when he said he would support  it, was always a lie, As for why now, it depends on who leaked the document that the NY Times got.  If it was a deliberate leak,it was done to appeal to his base.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Anyone want to start a petition against Trump to get him impeached?

I've signed so many Trump Impeachment Petitions my iPad keyboard is broken.  But seriously, if you want to sign an existing one, Tom Steyer's "Need To Impeach" petition is one with a lot of traction.

I will never vote democrat!!!!!!! I don't like their policies!!!! But I don't vote either. never have and never will!!!! If i were to. I would be an independent. I am not really a fan of trump but i do like some of his policy when i relates to the budget and military and immigration. Sorry but This is how i feel. And i don't think impeachment is in the cards. You can't impeach a president if he has done nothing wrong. Again, I am NOT a trump fan!!!

Trump has serious mental issues. This behavior have gotten many dictators. He is a tyrant. Shall we convince Michelle Obama to call to stop this tyranny. Kill the hate by impeaching this bastard, pardon my language. Secretly, he is probably jealous of us. Kennedy, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley. Will trump join this list. He just made another part of America pissed. (Again, language.) 20% of all presidents are attempted to be assassinated. I would rather have Putin then trump. I used to support trump, until I found out I am trans. This is a constitutional crisis. First amendment. If Trump continues, then this could involve the second amendment. HE IS GAMBLING WITH HIS LIFE, SO MANY THREATS, AND STILL. How many rappers must diss him?

• Admin

OK, look, this is a really hot button issue.  I'm as hot as anyone.  But lets keep the dialogue civil and reasonable.  No threats, no bullying, no language that a 13 y.o. or their grandmother would be ashamed of.  Please and thank you.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
On 10/21/2018 at 4:56 PM, SusanMtF said:

This. Is terrible news.  Why is this happening now? Strange timing right before the midterms..

Aside from bigotry, he's trying to  energize his base. The christian right is a huge part of that base. And he's always appealed to the bigot, racist, and sexist crowd. He knows the republicans are in trouble, and although persons and agencies within the government have been pushing for this type of policy for a while now, trump has timed this at this time in order to energize his supporters to vote republican, leaving insufficient time for an effective rebuttal before the election.

I just checked in to my therapist. And, not having a copy of a birth certificate exist, I can easily bypass this statement. Remember it is just a statement. No law has been written. And,  SRS has existed for a very long time. Some go as far back as ancient civilizations. I highly doubt Dictator Trump will stop us. Still, fight against it.

PS> Roman Reigns has leukemia, WWE is a giant pro LGBT sponsor. Give a get well soon to him via twitter! 

• Forum Moderator

I am with Susan. I will never vote democrat. They are trying to take our freedom. As for Trump while I don't like some of the way he is dealing with things. But I always remember one thing he is a business man and thank god not a politician. I don't trust a politician any farther that I can throw them. Not a one of them. 

Kymmie 

• Admin

Moderator hat on here!!  Not all of us hold the same political views to be sure, but we do not allow direct attacks on ANY GROUP OR PERSON.  The why or why not of the proposed or in process of proposal definitions of Gender and Sex including the science or lack of science involved is fine and relevant here.  Also discussion of what the enactment or non-enactment of them can be done without attacking individuals or groups of people.