• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Carolyn Marie

New Orleans Trans Advocates Rally for Rights

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 137 Guests (See full list)

• ToniTone
    • Jocelyn
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Cautiousness
    Newest Member
    Cautiousness

No users celebrating today
    • ToniTone
      My trans sister and some friends of ours had a barbecue, we had a great day! She gave me a full makeover, she's so great. Probably the prettiest my face has ever been.    I'm still feeling such euphoria! I hope I never come down from this cloud... 💕   ~Toni
    • Janae
      I have to agree with Dain. You look great in pic 7 ! - and the last pic above in the black dress! ❤️   Janae
    • michelle_kitten
      Time to share.  I am actually pretty lonely tonight.  I spent a lot of time isolating after my last marriage.  Healing time was required and I haven't involved myself too deeply with anyone.   My roommate is practically a stranger.  My new found distance from my co-workers has come all too easy.  The one person I really trust in my life was my supervisor whose last day was Friday.  He's moving on to another job and a nearly $20,000 a year pay raise.  I am happy for him, and eventually may go to work where he is working.  In the mean time, I don't trust my new supervisor.   I have a habit of being an extroverted introvert.  I smile.  I am witty and love to make people laugh.  I am generally cheerful and gentle.  Customers just love me overall.  I get more surveys on my customer service than  just about anyone else in the department, and they are overwhelmingly positive.  At the same time, very few people know anything about me.  Years of living with depression and hiding it have given me amazing acting skills.  I am pretty superficial with most people and prefer to draw others out to talk about themselves or go into informational mode to avoid how I feel.   I have been looking for something in which to get involved locally.  The few things I've tried seemed to involve people either much younger than I am, or older folks.  I don't seem to fit in anywhere, so far.  I find it easier to go to a movie on my own, or go out to eat solo, than go with someone else.  There is a local trans group, but they want me to show them a picture of myself in full girl mode.  I am not ready for that.  I still look way too guy to even feel comfortable having anyone see me.  Then there are those cool social events which are never anywhere near where I live.  Atlanta had a gay awards show this past week, but it was way on the other side of the city, and it would have either taken hours to get there, or cost me a fortune to Uber there (I don't have a car).   I have  a few friends with which I have gamed since 2015, but those are online relationships, and not the same.   It seems I've forgotten how to connect with anyone.  I just don't seem to know how to meet people anymore.  I am fresh out of ideas.  I am not a drinker, so bars and clubs don't interest me.  I just have no idea where I can go to meet other people.  Blah!   I am not giving up, but tonight it is all kind of getting to me a bit.
    • michelle_kitten
      I can only begin to imagine what it is like.   I am so sorry to hear about the abuse as well.  I've had my own journey with that.  It helps me to think of myself as a survivor.  I am not the person I would have been had I not been abused, and that is sad.  At the same time, I am strong and resilient for having come through it.  It never ceases to amaze me the lengths human beings will go to survive.  While your situation is complicated, and I would imagine frustrating, it is also a testament to your will to keep going, even when life put you in a horrifying situation or situations.
    • Ellora
      Not all girl types talk to all girl types. I don’t talk to everyone I see, or want to join in on their convos. I have tried in the past, and it doesn’t always work, cause not everyone wants someone else to hop in or comment on a conversation. They may be loud or have something interesting going on, but it can turn into an awkward moment sometimes. Sometimes the timing is right, and everyone just gets along, sometimes they don’t. Being more social will give you more confidence, and you will find your groove. Give it time. I used to hang out at coffee houses, and not everyone there wants  others to just start talking. I did find a coffee house that was very friendly and made some really good friends. 
    • Jani
      The last one with the silver hairpiece is very nice.  That style suits you face really well.  That color is fashionable now and you can see why, it makes your eyes just shine.     On my earlier comment, oops my bad! but I'm glad I made your day. 😄   Cheers,   Jani
    • Jani
      Me too.  I was never a great conversationalist but now that I have found my groove and my confidence I talk to everybody.   I also wonder why was I ever like I was?  Answer: lack of confidence.     Also as far as the "hippy chicks" we all belong to a tribe of sorts and sometimes we just don't relate, even though we think we might or can.  I'm not saying don't try to talk with them but sometimes we're just not on the wavelength as the people we run into.  Que Sera Sera!    Jani
    • Jani
    • Bananarama
      Hihi!   This was my morning coffee yesterday:     Today I'm quietly relaxing on my patio with my ipad and a cup of joe.
    • Bananarama
      It also depends on one's station and familiarity in the community you're speaking to. For example, if you're new to a group, the last thing you'll want to say is ''thanks, guys'' and ''hiya guys'', but if you're among friends and are seen as an established member, then the use of 'guys' is usually seen as neutral, whereas as a n00b you're viewed with suspicion.   Language such as this doesn't bother me in the slightest and I view it as completely innocuous. I'm comfortable in my own skin and in no way does the word invalidate me. However, it's always best to err on the side of caution. If you have to think "is what I'm about to say appropriate?", then chances are good that it isn't. 🙂
    • VickySGV
      I'm going to be a bit of a rebel here, but #8 looks easily what your hair can become for you.  I agree with Char that they are a bit over the top for office wear or grocery shopping, but going out for a nice evening totally do it for you.
    • DeeDee
      You really do suit the off the shoulder cut dresses. I'm very jealous! (and I am still a fan of the ash wig)   To be fair I have known mums who go out of their way to dress like the first photo just to collect their kids from school in a 4x4 that has never been off road in its life, but they are universally despised by the rest of us who just try to get there on time - so - absolutely, right place right right time applies to cis women too. 😁
    • Charlize
      Conversation in the ladies room was virtually impossible for me early in transition.  I'm less self absorbed now with greater confidence in my identity.  I cam easily be drawn into conversations now.   Relax, give yourself time and someday you will look back and wonder......did i once have a problem?   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Smokin........  I just might avoid grocery shopping looking like that!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • ToniTone
      That said, it is nice to have some girl friends who want to pull me into the social circle.    A lot of the guys there are surprisingly supportive and friendly to me too.    Socializing is just hard for me... 
  • Upcoming Events