• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Samhain 2018

Jennifer T

Celebrated Samhain Ritual this past Saturday night with an Inter Path community in a secluded mountain grove deep in an Appalachian woodland.. 

It was a perfect night for the ritual. The air was crisp, the sky was clear and full of brilliance. The trees stood in silent solace and the fire was radiant. The night could have lasted forever, such was the beauty and reverence. The drums beat out rhythms which pulse through the ancients. And I felt the call. As we parted ways, I was filled with the joy of being in the great cathedral of the natural earth. It is where my soul truly communes with the Creator.

As epitaph for the Samhain season, Sunday’s sun was glorious and my heart felt the joy of the waning warmth of Autumn. As evening approached and I concluded my daily routine in the stillness of my property, I was walking down my gravel driveway, the light fading and many of the trees already bare. I gazed out at the silent landscape and there for a moment, once again, I was existing in two separate times. Superimposed over that moment was a landscape that felt to exist many centuries ago when this same day marked the beginning of a long winter, and the world sat in anticipative silence as She approached; praying the harvest was enough. I felt the person of She who watched and mediated for the land. There was a longing in my soul that brought tears to my eyes as the moment passed and I was once again standing in my driveway making a trip toward my small home. The feeling I was left with was that of the bittersweet sadness one feels as the elation of a momentous journey ends and one must return to the mundane of everyday existence. There exists within me a proclivity towards regret. Regret that I have not lived this life as I might have lived another and that the weight of ages past bears down on me. 

It is bittersweet, but I embrace the emotions.  Maybe it is nothing more than my having the built up anticipation of the Ritual / Celebration and then the return to the tasks of daily life that dilute the pinnacle of the mountain. But then, maybe it is something deeper. 

Peace this day.

This sounds wonderful. It's been too long since I experienced something similar. Even the painful feelings seem to carry a deep sense of meaning in these moments.

8 hours ago, GothicLucas said:

This sounds wonderful. It's been too long since I experienced something similar. Even the painful feelings seem to carry a deep sense of meaning in these moments.

It’s been emotional on many levels. It is the journey. ?

Blessed be.