• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

Well I accidentally stepped on the scale this morning. I’m down 4.6 pounds somehow. Idk. But whatevs. I’ll believe it Monday. For now I’m just doing my job. Eating my portion control meals, getting my 10k steps and 10 flights, and doing my daily videos. 

Yesterday was my intro into the abs routine. Yeah rite. That was a very difficult 9 minutes I tell ya. Lol. I couldn’t barely move afterwards. Haha. I see it working though..... eventually. 

Oh and I figured out my exact calories for this week. It’s 1389 cals a day plus a small (not so healthy) snack. So I’m in the 15-1700 cal area a day. Which is just right I think. Really liking this routine. ????

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Way to go Kirsten.  Yesterday was day 2 on my intense core work out.  When I get home from work since I work overnights, I have been doing my core workouts.

Raised Crunches = 5 sets of 10

roll over to my stomach do a plank hold for 1 min.

Roll over onto my back and I do a halo hold for 1 min = That really feels the tightness in my core

With a halo hold, I add scissor kicks

I too have been doing a better job on my portion control now that I have eliminated all the junkie foods, and soda's and alcohol that puts on weight.

I find myself when I eat the smaller meals in portions now, and also the fact that I am eating alot more healthier, that I get happy full and energized feeling.  I am feeling alot better with how I am eating now and just cut out all that crap food.

When I get home from work today Wednesday at 9am PHX time, I am going to really try a hard workout for my core.  I am going to try to follow along with the viral  gymnastic baby shark work out.  Been told by my cousin that does gymnastic's that this ab challenge will hurt.

Lol. That’s cute. You’ll need to do it a few times over though. I’d say 4 would be good. At least to start. That will definitely kick your abs bootie for sure though!! Try a 30 second pause in between rounds. Like my old coaches used to say..... if it isn’t hurting it isn’t working!!! ???????

Just now, Kirsten said:

Lol. That’s cute. You’ll need to do it a few times over though. I’d say 4 would be good. At least to start. That will definitely kick your abs bootie for sure though!! Try a 30 second pause in between rounds. Like my old coaches used to say..... if it isn’t hurting it isn’t working!!! ???????

@Kirsten I plan on trying it out and I will do some pauses.  But I was told that even 1 round will kick your bootie if you are not in excellent shape.

I will let you know how it goes.

Just watching that video made me hurt, I'd probably only last 20 seconds doing any kind of crunches. ? Because of you mentioning it I did dig out the old insanity dvd though!

Hey all.  So when I got home, I put on the video clip baby shark ab challenge and I have to say it is very super challenging.  So the first part is you start out laying flat on your back and when the music starts you need to get into an halo hold where you have to balance on your booty.  I then started and was trying to keep up and it is tough.  But I tried and tried keeping up and went all the way through it to the end and once was enough.  my stomach core hurts and my side obliques also hurt.  But it was tough and yet fun.

Lots of Love

Amy

Hit all my goals again yesterday! 12k steps, 24 flights of stairs, 80 mins of activity avg heartbeat 122!, and 2850 cals burned. I can see a marked difference in the mirror already. My waist is coming back! And I don’t feel like I am fat again! 

I asked my coach about the weight loss for the first couple days. And she says it’s mostly because your muscles don’t need to hold water for repairs. But that I should be prepared for it not to change too. On heavy workout days it’s typical to gain a tad due to your muscles. Another reason not to weigh in every day I guess. 

I tell you I really like that I have the coach. And even more than that is the fact that her group is an all girl group and I’m in it!! That’s really cool. And all the ladies show me full respect and treat me just like everyone else. It’s one of the first girl things I’ve done! #MILESTONE! ?

Way to go Kirsten.  I would like to find a workout group like that for me, but right now, I am doing good on my portion control.

For my dinner at work:  Had a small homemade Scalop potatoes and a small chicken salad with water to drink.

At work, I did 4500 steps and I am still at work.  

So I am burning off the starch before it turns into sugar.

I have noticed that my stomach area is not sticking out that much anymore so YAY!!

My energy is also coming back and I am not so much of a sloth.

Cannot wait till I get home to do my workout routine.

Lots of Love

Amy

Forgot to add, I am also trying that Skinnyfit you see on TV and internet commercials and it does really work  They say that you still have to exercise but what it is, is 3x different types of supplements to help detox your body to help it get rid of all the bad stuff you put in your body and the super Youth powder that you mix in your drinks or food help with raising your metabolism up to a high enough number for you to easily burn off the calories faster when you workout.  Now like anything, it is strongly advisable to follow the directions especially with the Super Youth powder from Skinny fit otherwise too much and your metabolism goes way up and can really hurt your body.  But you want it raised up enough just to help burn the calories off to melt that fat away.

This has been a really depressing last three days. My Apple Watch broke. The screen shattered and I didn’t drop it and run into anything hard It got tapped on the corner of the glass and that was it. Apple says they are going to fix it for free but I’m skeptical. I received the packaging and postage to overnight it. I just have to find a FedEx place today after work or if it close by at lunch to drop it off.

In terms of weight loss I have hit a giant plateau. I don’t know if it is because muscle is building in my calf’s and thighs from all the walking and jogging and or because I have had trouble with pooping the last two days but I’m .1 pounds heavier. I need to get a measuring cloth to start measuring my waist to see if progress is being made on days like this.

I didn’t get as much walking in yesterday as I would have liked because I had to drive out to FedEx because the driver said he couldn’t access our building or it was closed. This is utterly lame because it is an office building with a service elevator and I know the mail room guy and IT was there all day. So I had to drive out at 7:30PM to go get it and it robbed me of my typical walking time. I only got 4.91 miles of walking yesterday which is really low for me.

I’m hoping that tomorrow I’ll break out of this slump and get under 206 pounds.

Plateaus suck Rithia. And idk why but it seems like everyone had one around that 200 mark. A friend at work has his at 208. And another coworker gets stuck at 197. For me it was 203. I was stuck there with no moving for like 2-1/2 weeks when I lost all my weight. But it did eventually break. It usually means it’s time to ramp up the exercise for a week or so. Not necessarily more of the same though. Just try to push harder for a few days. Maybe run instead of walk. That change could reset your body just right. Or another thing to try is to mix up your macros. That usually confuses the body pretty well and that may be all you need to keep going. Just a couple ideas that have worked for me in the past. 

Well I had a slightly off day yesterday. My ride home after therapy was riddled with insane traffic. What should’ve been a 45 min ride ended up taking almost 2 so I didn’t get home until after 7. So no video. My wife just wasn’t feeling it. So I just hit the treadmill for a 3 mile run. 

15 flights, almost 12k steps for 5.7 miles 2976 cals burned and 79 minutes of activity heartbeat 151 avg!!! I was pushing on the mill for sure. 

Oh I also checked my macros too. I am at 34/32/34 carb/protein/fat. I highly recommend the portion control containers. They are designed very well. And they’re only like 9 dollars on amazon. 

Efficient Nutrition Portion Control Containers Kit (7-Piece) + COMPLETE GUIDE + 21 DAY PLANNER + RECIPE eBOOK, BPA FREE Meal Prep System for Diet and Weight Loss, Similar to 21 Day Fix Containers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CXS6SGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GBjoCbTASZFSH

pushing hard again today. We have a party at the house tomorrow (game night) so I’ll be doing a bit of cheating. But sticking with patron for drink. Low cal option and who doesn’t like a little patron!?! ?

No joy on getting under 206 but a glimmer of hope as I am now the same weight I was on Monday.

Part of the problem is I feel constipated. I think I have figured out what did it, the sweet corn. I think is the last time I eat corn.

I jogged 6.52 miles and burned 2918 calories while eating 1070 calories worth of food and drank 32 Oz of water. The calories burned is still a little low for me so while I am still deprived of my Apple Watch I figured out how to bump up the goals on the Fitbit to keep me motivated to move. My goal today is 15000 steps and a minimum of 3000 calories burned.

If you get that water up you’ll burn more fat too. 32 oz is like 1/3 of a days water. I was over 100 every day this week. You need the water to burn the fat. Idk why but that’s seems to be an important part of weight loss. 

Yesterday I had a good day for myself and the SkinnyFit Super Youth that I am taking to help out actually works with increased metabolism.  So far I have tried this Skinny Fit Super Youth and with the crunches, the plank hold, I have been averaging 8000 steps right now.  I have lost 8lbs in 2 days.  I am down to 222.

I am also so proud of myself that it has been 30 days with absolute no soda at all.  Then thanks to New Year's I had to start all over again but so far it has been 10 days with absolute no Alcohol.  So the 2 biggest money waster's and drinks that contribute to fat, I have stayed away from

Amy

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

If you get that water up you’ll burn more fat too. 32 oz is like 1/3 of a days water. I was over 100 every day this week. You need the water to burn the fat. Idk why but that’s seems to be an important part of weight loss. 

Yeah I’ve got to get my water intake back up. I drink until I feel satisfied and usually it’s closer to 40-60Oz of water. However yesterday at work I was in the zone coding and I didn’t keep up with my water intake. I also stop drinking water around 8pm so I don’t wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom on weekdays because so need my sleep.

Lol. That is good. I used to wake up to pee at night. No longer though. When you start drinking close to that gal of water a day it adjusts your body. You won’t wake up to pee eventually. Well unless you’re sucking down 32 oz right before bed. ?. It’s the actual reason most older people can’t make it through the night. As you age you drink less and less. For some reason you hold less and it causes those darn middle of the night bathroom breaks. ??‍♀️

Hello:

I lost another 1lbs.  So I am down to 221 and I am feeling so much better.  I am sleeping better and feeling better.  I know that I started out slow, but I am glad that I started out with baby steps on changing my diet and the way how I eat so when I get to my ideal weight I will know that I can keep it off with training myself to eat smaller portions, eating alot more healthier.

I am just so happy that is has been 30 days no soda, that saves money there and also cut back on the sugars.  Restarted over on the no alcohol and have been 10 days sober.  That saves money and also cuts calories.  Have been eating more fruits and veggies and still go after the pasta's, but not eating as big of an helping. Then I cut out the processed foods.

My exercise has increased as well.  

So happy that my weight is going down

Finally some good news. The first good poop all week. The sweet corn really did a number on me. Plus I didn’t realize just how much of a motivator the Apple Watch has been. I’m goal oriented and it was like a task master keeping me in track. Thankfully even without Apple Care on it Apple is replacing the watch portion free of charge because of the freak way it broke. I should have it back on Monday.

In the meantime today I weighed in at 205.6. Now I’m going to take advantage of the warming weather outside and take a three mile walk outdoors as I set my sights on getting below 205 pounds.

Just now, Amy LeBlanc said:

Hello:

I lost another 1lbs.  So I am down to 221 and I am feeling so much better.  I am sleeping better and feeling better.  I know that I started out slow, but I am glad that I started out with baby steps on changing my diet and the way how I eat so when I get to my ideal weight I will know that I can keep it off with training myself to eat smaller portions, eating alot more healthier.

I am just so happy that is has been 30 days no soda, that saves money there and also cut back on the sugars.  Restarted over on the no alcohol and have been 10 days sober.  That saves money and also cuts calories.  Have been eating more fruits and veggies and still go after the pasta's, but not eating as big of an helping. Then I cut out the processed foods.

My exercise has increased as well.  

So happy that my weight is going down

That is fantastic! It has been hard at times to keep off the Dr. Pepper so I understand what you are going through. If you can keep it up the lack of pop alone will save you hundreds if not a thousand calories in a day.

My suggestion  is avoid corn and go for vegetables like green beens, peas, carrots  baby spinach and salads with limited dressing on them. I like the oil based because of the flavor without hundreds of calories. Don’t forget fruit like berries and tomatoes. I also have eggs for protein on days when I am working out a lot to maintain what muscle I have which is not a lot.

Morning all. Yesterday was an okay day for me too. No weight yet, but I hit all goals again and am really starting to get used to the dance moves. It’s getting to be fun! 

19 floors, 11,200 steps for 5.2 miles and 2722 cal burned. Only 45 mins of exercise heartbeat at 110 avg heartbeat. 

Im glad everyone is keeping up with their routines! Awesome job y’all!! Weekends can be tough but don’t let it mess you up. Gotta push hard every day!! ?

11 minutes ago, RithiaAllen said:

That is fantastic! It has been hard at times to keep off the Dr. Pepper so I understand what you are going through. If you can keep it up the lack of pop alone will save you hundreds if not a thousand calories in a day.

My suggestion  is avoid corn and go for vegetables like green beens, peas, carrots  baby spinach and salads with limited dressing on them. I like the oil based because of the flavor without hundreds of calories. Don’t forget fruit like berries and tomatoes. I also have eggs for protein on days when I am working out a lot to maintain what muscle I have which is not a lot.

Thanks for the advise Rithia on the corn.  I have been making my own chicken salad and I do go after the Bacon Ranch dressing.  I have gotten carrots, celery grapes, apples, black berries.  

I was able to increase my crunches from 5x sets of 10 to 5x sets of 15.  The Plank holds and the halo holds for a min are tough.

I then have tried doing the gymnastic ab challenge baby shark again and it is still tough but it really does a number on your core area, and then the music is pretty good as well.

• Forum Moderator
On 1/10/2019 at 6:34 AM, RithiaAllen said:

In terms of weight loss I have hit a giant plateau.

I've experienced 2 plateaus over the past 4 months.  Actually, I backtracked 3 lbs during Christmas but that was unavoidable as I stopped taking a diuretic which caused me to hold more water. 

On 1/11/2019 at 8:12 AM, RithiaAllen said:

Yeah I’ve got to get my water intake back up.

I've noticed my water intake has dropped recently.  I was drinking a minimum of 96oz a day up until a few weeks ago.  Now it's been very sporadic. I seem to be struggling to remember to drink and at 10pm I'm playing catch up trying to get to the absolute bare minimum needed of 64oz.  The last 2 days I've been setting a 2 hour timer to help out.  It's annoying but has got me back on track.  I'm not sure why this has been a recent issue.

1 hour ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I lost another 1lbs.  So I am down to 221 and I am feeling so much better.  I am sleeping better and feeling better.

Good to hear, Amy.  It sometimes takes me a week to lose a pound.  As my weight is dropping, I've been feeling so much better overall.   I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there.

Susan R?