• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

No snow here to shovel but it is a brisk 34 degrees right now.

Todays weigh in was 189 pounds. I am hoping that tomorrow I can be under 189 pounds. Little by little the weight is coming off.

I have today off so I went to the gym again this morning and jogged another 3 miles and burned 500 calories towards todays goal.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday, I got the battery replaced in the Wii Fit Meter that comes with the Wii Fit.  So now I can wear that out as well when I am not exercising on the Wii Fit.  I cannot wait till I get home and sync it with my Wii U to see how I did on the graph.

I noticed that the step counter on the Wii Fit Meter says I did 2532 steps from midnight to 7am and my Fit Bit says that I did 2808 steps from midnight to 7am.  So do not know which one to believe now.

Yesterday, I did not do any exercise on the Wii Fit.  I just did the body test and see where my BMI is at.  I am now at 30.78 BMI.  I am finally out of the 31 BMI.  I have been stuck bouncing around 31.02 - 31.15 BMI.  But I am happy that I am now at 30.78 BMI.

My workout consisted of the Alexis Ren Ab workout.  I am on a mission to be able to stay and do the full 10min workout of her's.  I am close.  I am lasting 7min of the ab workout.  I am can feel that my stamina is getting better.  

I did go get my Wii U Fit controllers so I can do more on the Wii Fit now.  Cannot wait to try that out as well.

25 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I noticed that the step counter on the Wii Fit Meter says I did 2532 steps from midnight to 7am and my Fit Bit says that I did 2808 steps from midnight to 7am.  So do not know which one to believe now.

It’s a very small difference. Use whichever you want. Just stick with one. I use my Fitbit over my Apple Watch because the Apple Watch comes in a couple thousand steps below the Fitbit if I wear both. Last time I tried both I had walked for miles in Boston and I only had like 2800 steps on my Apple, but I was at over 9000 on my Fitbit. Which seemed close to right to me. But 300 steps is pretty okay as far as step counters go I think. 

I spent most of my day yesterday laid up with a back injury. As I am still doing today. It’ll be a very strict diet for me the next few days. Hopefully I’ll be back at it by Friday. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi gang,  no good news this week to report.  Followed my diet and exercise regimen pretty well but despite my best efforts, I only lost 0.6lbs.  Am I hitting my second plateau since starting this life change?  Next week will be very telling...I'm sure!

I'm spending this upcoming weekend with my daughter and their family.  I saved one cheat day this month for this occasion so that certainly won't help but I'll be good about everything else this next week, otherwise.

Here are my current diet results:

Last week's (based on 20 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.33lbs.

This week's (based on 21 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.26lbs. ??

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  43.0lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  47.0lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 7.0lbs

Good luck to you all on your weight and diet goals this next week!

Susan R?

Wanted to share that I went to the doctors to find out why it is so extremely difficult for me to lose weight, even with my life style change and being on hormones.  It's the type of fat that I have.  I have the more common fat but it is also the most worrying fat there is and that I have the visceral fat, which is the fat under the muscle.  This is the fat that is hard to burn off and only way to get rid of it, is the extreme exercise and not the light exercise.  This visceral fat is the dangerous one cause this is the fat that causes type2 diabetes, cancer, liver problems.  The easy fat is the subcutaneous fat which is the fat in front of the muscle and it is typically the squishy type, but real easy to burn.  So far after talking to my doctor that I saw, I did right on giving up the empty calories foods and drinks, but I need to up my exercise to the extreme style to reach the visceral fat.  So now I know what I need to do.

Any, good luck on the burning of that fat. I didn’t realize it was possible for fat to do that. Giving up empty calories was the best move any of us.

Today’s weigh in was 188.7 pounds. So now I’m under the 188 mark. I’m about 48.55% of the way to my goal.

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

Any, good luck on the burning of that fat. I didn’t realize it was possible for fat to do that. Giving up empty calories was the best move any of us.

Today’s weigh in was 188.7 pounds. So now I’m under the 188 mark. I’m about 48.55% of the way to my goal.

Hello Rithia:

As I found out now that there are 2 types of fats.  You have the visceral fat which is typically found in the stomach area and it is behind the muscle.  Everyone needs a little bit of the visceral fat which is the most common one cause it helps protect your organs and acts like a cushion between the muscle and the organs.  Then you have the subcutaneous fat which is the more squishy fat that is in front of the muscle.  The subcutaneous fat is very easy to lose where the visceral fat is the more difficult one to lose.  But now I know more and I have started to ramp up my exercise since I need to go on the more extreme workout to be able to burn the fat through the muscle.

I know that I need to adjust my eating a little bit more and cut my carbs down to 28% and raise my fruits and veggies up more.

So I am now working on a more extreme workout method to really try and hit that fat.

So I just went to the dr for my back pain (it’s all okay) but apparently last March during my last visit I weighed 216 pounds! And today I was 187! Fully dressed with knee high boots too! So I’m thinking 3-4 pounds lighter than that! That makes me happy. ?

i don’t remeber being that heavy then. It was in the midst of my weightloss. So very plausible. But 30 pounds in the last year is cool. Sure I was lower in between, but it’s a downward trend. And that’s kick ass!! 

It goes to show if you can simply keep trying to change your lifestyle and your relationship with food things will change. It’ll get better and better. 

Funny thing too, I went in the fridge last night for a snack and I literally have only healthy food in there! I felt good about that. I had an apple. ?

I love apples and the Granny Smith variant is my favorite.

i hope that your back gets better.

I have no weight loss to report today but my waist was down to 41.5 inches so the overall downward trend continues for me as well. ?

Finally back! I got a video in today and I feel great about it! I had to modify a couple of moves that I was nervous about because of the impact from the jumps, but I got through it just fine! 

Best part is that I’ll be ready for March madness!! March is going to be my BIG push month. No drinking. No cheats. No missed workouts. NO EXCUSES!! Unless I’m working until midnight and simply can’t do it, and I’ll just do a double the next day to catch up, I’m in for the win. ????

If you’re looking for motivation and care to join me, let me know!  Especially if you wanna Beachbody with me! T25 is awesome. 

• Forum Moderator

KIrsten,  it's good to see you're in a great mood and heavily motivated!  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure you'll have a nice fit body before summer.  Start looking for some new swimwear.?  Thats always a good way to keep motivated.

Susan R?

Today I weighed in at 188.4 pounds so I am getting close to the 187 range. I'm not much for super workouts but I have been increasing my speed on the treadmill and using the stationary bike more. I'm thinking about buying a bicycle so I can use the bike trail that is literally right down the street from me.

• Forum Moderator
Just now, RithiaAllen said:

Today I weighed in at 188.4 pounds so I am getting close to the 187 range.

Congrats on the weight loss battle.  It's hard to break past those plateaus.  Looks like you're getting some momentum now.

Best to you in this upcoming week,

Susan R?

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

Congrats on the weight loss battle.  It's hard to break past those plateaus.  Looks like you're getting some momentum now.

Best to you in this upcoming week,

Susan R?

Thank you. It was a struggle but little by little it is coming off.

I am looking through my new cook books getting ideas for meal prep and my shopping list.  As much as I want to jump right into doing the vegetarian meals and everything vegetarian, I am going to start out with my diabetes cookbook and got some good meals planned out in them and now making my shopping list.  I am taking some recipes from the vegetarian cookbook and the diabetes cookbook to get everything I need for shopping to meal prep.  I love how the cookbooks I got shows me what the calories and fats should be if prepare correctly.  So I am now moving on this meal following on the cookbooks.

I just ordered my own copy of the beachbody RIPT90T Fit to be cranking up workout routine.  Cannot wait till it arrives tomorrow to start in.

That’s awesome Rithia. About the same as me now! 

I have noticed the last couple weeks that my weight is extremely steady. It doesn’t matter how much exercise I do, or how much crappy food I eat, I’m staying between 183-187. At least Monday mornings. And at the doctors. I’m starting to see some muscle definition in my arms and back now, but no abs yet. 

I put on a long sleeve tee yesterday that didn’t fit a year ago just to see, and it fit well now!! I am solidly a women’s large at this point and I think I’ll loose a bit more size as time passes. I think I am overall pretty happy with my body for once. And I don’t believe I can really get much lower in weight at this point and still look healthy. I am however gonna push hard next month as I said, but I’m not expecting to loose weight. More toning and sculpting. That’s really all Ive been doing for weeks now. 

Way to go Kirsten.  I have weighed myself and I am super happy that I lost 2lbs.  I have went from 217 to 215.  So yes, I am happy.  I was super happy when I bought my first pair of lulu's and felt so comfortable in them.  The lulu's felt better on me than the fabletics I am use at getting.

I am super happy that I did the Alexis Ren ab challenge and I was able to stay with it for 8min.  I am determined to complete the full 10min.

Losing he 2 pounds surprised me cause I finally had my first beer since December 1 and I could not drink it all.  but I lost 2lbs.

I got my beachbody RIPT90T fit today and ready to start on the extreme workout.

I just got done going grocery shopping following the meals I picked out of the vegetarian cookbook and the diabetes cookbook so got the ingredients to make the meals and I going to follow the ingredients cause the calories are showing low  and the food is right.  Currently I am making for dinner tonight since it is still cold, the diabetics hearty stew.  Total calories according to the cookbook when I am following the ingredients is 480 calories and 0 transfats, 2 fats, 560 protein

@RithiaAllen, did you get your controllers?  I got mine and started to have more.

• Forum Moderator
12 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I have weighed myself and I am super happy that I lost 2lbs.  I have went from 217 to 215.

Congrats on the weight loss, Amy.  2lbs is perfect.  Was this a weekly weigh-in? That's how much I try to loose every week and so far that's been about my average.  Last week, I had only a meager 0.6lb loss but hopefully tomorrow's weekly weigh-in will be better.

Keep up the hard work,

Susan R?

5 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Way to go Kirsten.  I have weighed myself and I am super happy that I lost 2lbs.  I have went from 217 to 215.  So yes, I am happy.  I was super happy when I bought my first pair of lulu's and felt so comfortable in them.  The lulu's felt better on me than the fabletics I am use at getting.

I am super happy that I did the Alexis Ren ab challenge and I was able to stay with it for 8min.  I am determined to complete the full 10min.

Losing he 2 pounds surprised me cause I finally had my first beer since December 1 and I could not drink it all.  but I lost 2lbs.

I got my beachbody RIPT90T fit today and ready to start on the extreme workout.

I just got done going grocery shopping following the meals I picked out of the vegetarian cookbook and the diabetes cookbook so got the ingredients to make the meals and I going to follow the ingredients cause the calories are showing low  and the food is right.  Currently I am making for dinner tonight since it is still cold, the diabetics hearty stew.  Total calories according to the cookbook when I am following the ingredients is 480 calories and 0 transfats, 2 fats, 560 protein

@RithiaAllen, did you get your controllers?  I got mine and started to have more.

Yes I have mine and I have been playing the boxing and rock climbing. The jogging is also a nice one for days I don’t feel like driving to the gym and it is nasty outside.

How are you liking yours?

I got my extreme RIPT90 beachbody today and got it late so could not start that today.  But I am looking forward to starting it and losing even more pounds.  long goal, is to get down to 180.

@RithiaAllen, I have been liking mine alot.  Been doing the jogging, and the racketball with knocking out the blocks.  Been working up more of a sweat now which is good.  That means calories are burning off.

• Forum Moderator

Another "ho-hum" weigh-in this week to report but still progress.  Lost 1lb. exactly..this after a lackluster 0.6 weight loss last week.  Not much to write home to mom about but I'll take it nonetheless.  I missed a few walks due to a family visit over the weekend but otherwise diet and exercise was on track.  This minor plateau is really lowering my weekly average weight loss numbers.  I'm still above the 2lb a week goal I've set for myself but it's getting much closer.

Here are my current diet results:

2 weeks ago (based on 20 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.33lbs.

Last week's (based on 21 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.26lbs.

This week's (based on 22 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.18lbs

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  44.0lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  48.0lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 6.0lbs

Good luck to you all on your weight and diet goals this next week!

Susan R?

So today was my first day at my new workout routine on following along to the beachbody RIPT90 Fit. Day was tough. It was leg and ab day. both my legs and abs are very sore.  But I was able to follow along for the 20min.  The first 10min was 10 sets of sit-ups, crunches, blureepes, tuck jump, lunges, squats, hanging knee rises.  Then the second half, it was upped from 10sets to 20sets.

I did go weigh myself just to see anything.  Even though I weighed on an empty stomach after a workout being naked, I was at 214lbs.  This workout, I burned 836 calories.  I am still burning calories just from walking alot more

Preparing my first meal out of the diabetics cookbook. meal is the hearty beef stew. following along with the ingredients and it looks like it's 326 calories, 26g protein, 32g carb, 5g Fat

looks like I am burning more calories than intaking now.

Susan 2 pounds a week is right on target! And you’re close to your goal now, so it will get harder. You’re into that interior fat and subcutaneous skin fat layer now. That stuff is tough to loose. You have a healthy sounding lifestyle now and that’s the most important part of this to me at least. Great job! 

Amy that’s super too!  By day 4 or so you’re gonna be sore from head to toe. It’s important to take a rest day if you need, or at least modify daily as to not overexhaust yourself. It’s better to have 6 workouts a week at 80% than 4 at 100. Also I was checking that routine out. Stay with under 10 pound weights for the most part. Unless you want to bulk up. Cause those routines are made to get muscles as much as losing fat. The heavier the weight the more muscle you’ll gain. 

As for me i did step on the scale today. It was 185. Been there for about a week and a half give or take a pound. But that’s all I’ve been trying for. It’s the calm before the storm of March. I’ve been learning my food limits I think. Adjusting my intakes and eating more like a normal person. Like Natalie. ?. And it’s doing well. Especially since I’m still not really ready to push myself physically after last weeks strain. I am starting to think I may not yo-yo if I can stay vigilant with the nutrition half.  Seems like pretty good news for all! 

Thank You Kirsten.  Right now I do not have any weights to hold onto, but, I am keeping that in mind now since I do not want to build up the bulk muscle.  Today when I needed the weights for the lunges and holding my arms over my head and the squats, I have used a soup can to hold onto.  Figured it is just something to hold onto and it is light weight and wont be used to build the muscle. 7 hours after the workout and I am still feeling sore in my legs and my ab area.  Guess it means I did it correct and burned something.

I am proud of how my Hearty Stew turned out.  326 calories and had one average normal cereal bowl of the stew and it filled me up and was pretty good.  Low on carbs which I need to do, calories was low, protein was average.  There was alot of veggies in the stew as well.

So my first day to ramp up was a good one.  I was looking at the workout tracker for each day to follow for what disc to use and what workout day it is and they have it broken down to 6 days workout and on the 7th is a rest, no workout and then back 6 days for the workout.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow on the hardcore chest workout day.