• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, DeeDee said:

What do you do for breakfasts? My son loves poached eggs but I have a love/hate relationship with them giving me cramps and so I tend to fill up on toast if I eat at all.

I have several things I eat.  I sort of rotate them so not to get tired of eating the same things.  I add new things all the time.  I try to keep it in the 300-450 cal range.

Today, I tried pancakes because I needed to add something different and it's been like 4 months.

Pancake mix - Swerve Sweets pancake waffle mix

(zero added sugar, ketogenic, gluten & grain free.)

using Trader Joes Macadamia nut milk, eggs, monk fruit maple syrup

Total Cal. 4 large pancakes: 360 cal.

Other days...

2 seasoned scrambled or soft boiled eggs and one slice of toasted Franz seven grain, gluten-free brown rice and tapioca based bread with a little butter

Total Cal. 320 cal.

or

A Granola cereal... I mix 1/2 cup Julian Bakery Pro Granola Vanilla Cinnamon Cluster cereal (97 cal.) with 1/3 cup Autumn's Gold Grain free Granola (180 cal.). 

I mix them because the delicious Autumn's Gold mix is so hi calorie and the less tasty Julian Bakery mix is ok but much lower in calories.

add 2/3 of a cup using Trader Joe's Macadamia Nut Milk

Total Cal. 297 cal.

or

2/3 Cup Hot Oat Bran gluten free oatmeal cereal by Bob's Red Mill

using 1 cup Trader Joe's Macadamia Nut Milk (Water is ok too)

Total Cal. 330

or when I'm in a hurry...

2 hard boiled eggs with a tiny bit of salt and an apple.

Total Cal. 300 cal.

I have others breakfasts but these I've had in the last 4-5 days.  Hope that gives you an idea of what I eat in the mornings.

Susan R?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today’s weigh in was 203.8 pounds and 45 inches for my waist. I burned 3583 calories and ate 1531 calories worth of food. I walked 6.65 miles yesterday. Overall I am very happy.

Very good Rithia. I am sick. I got home from work yesterday, kinda grumpy, and went to lie down for a bit. I woke up this morning 13.5 hours later. Sick. 

So I got no exercise yesterday. I only ate an apple and a salad though. So pretty sure yesterday won’t really count either way. I am home today but I’m skipping today’s workout too. Hoping to get back on the horse tomorrow. ???? I hate being sick. ???

9 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Very good Rithia. I am sick. I got home from work yesterday, kinda grumpy, and went to lie down for a bit. I woke up this morning 13.5 hours later. Sick. 

So I got no exercise yesterday. I only ate an apple and a salad though. So pretty sure yesterday won’t really count either way. I am home today but I’m skipping today’s workout too. Hoping to get back on the horse tomorrow. ???? I hate being sick. ???

I hope you feel better. I overslept today too even after going to bed last night early.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Kirsten said:

I am sick. I got home from work yesterday, kinda grumpy, and went to lie down for a bit. I woke up this morning 13.5 hours later. Sick. 

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather.  So far, I've been lucky this winter.  I've managed to avoid colds & the flu despite being around more people than ever with my shopping, doctors appts., and family gatherings.  I hope you're feeling better soon! 

Here it is already...half way through January and another weekly weigh-in to report.  Nothing amazingly out of this world but I did lose 2lbs. exactly and that makes me happy.  I was very consistent this week with both diet and exersize.

Here are my weight loss totals

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  34.5lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today 38.5lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 15.5lbs

Good luck this week everyone on your weight loss goals,

Susan R?

Hello All:

First off, I hope you feel better Kirsten.  Next, I lost another 1lbs so I am down at 220lbs.  I can say that I am losing weight but slowly at 1lbs at a time.  But I am losing weight and like how that is and I am feeling better all the way around

That’s great girls! At least I can live thru you all today! ?

I am feeling better this evening too. I got some food into me today and I think I’ll be back to the grind tomorrow. The little guy is also sick so we more than likely picked up whatever it was from the same place. He’s on amoxicillin. I’m on rest and water. ? lol. 

I’ve got a cold too Kirsten, just stay warm and drink plenty of fluids. I’m doing that. It’s good to see everyone is making progress. I’m going to try baby shark for the next 2 days and since I’m on my days off I don’t need as many calories. I’m making some small progress but without a scale it’s hard to say how much I’ve lost in the past few weeks. It’s something though because I can see the muscle mass in my arms/shoulders  melt away and my legs and butt are becoming more built up. I’m taking the days off to pamper myself too since I can shave, exfoliate and shower whenever I want. Loving my smooth skin!

I am just getting over a cold that is going on 4 weeks now. On top of that, I haven’t been able to get to the gym in 2 months due to a partial rotator cuff tear (from the gym, tore it in Tabata class) and traveling for work. The one good thing about the cold I had, I lost 15 lbs. 

i should be be back in the gym next week. Have signed up for yoga and spin. Need to lose another 15-20 lbs to put me below 200, where my doctor wants me. I’m holding at 215 right now. I’m 6’2”. Have high cholesterol (finally under control thanks to meds, the gym and drastic diet changes for 2 years wasn’t working) and mild liver issues (likely due to the cholesterol) and she wants me to lose the visceral fat before starting HRT.  She said it will be a lot harder to lose it once I start on e. 

For those of you you that are not well, keep drinking lots of fluids, get lots of rest and you’ll be back exercising before you know it. Feel better soon. *hugs*

5 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I’m going to try baby shark for the next 2 days and since I’m on my days off I don’t need as many calories. 

Hey Josie:

Just a word of warning if you are going to do the gymnastic ab challenge baby shark, it is tough, but it works out your core area.  The key is keeping your legs and back off the ground and balancing yourself on your booty when you are doing baby shark.  But it is fun as well and alot of core workouts

I tried it today and I’m familiar with the exercise but I’ve not been exercising like that lately. I usually have no issues doing that kind of exercise, I’m an avid cyclist and have actually done 50 miles in 4 hours before so leg and core exercise is not really hard to do it’s just been something I’ve put off lately.

Dont have a weigh in yet.  Still at work for overnights.  But since it was slow, I took advantage of it and did 6x sets of 10x situps.  Then I did enough walking throughout the building I am in for a total of 3 miles.  I then did stairs going up to the second floor and down to first floor about 3 times.

So I am really feeling something in my core area and legs.

Good job Amy! Keep it up!! 

I have no real update today. Yesterday was a rest and recuperate day for me. But I jumped right back in today. Full workout. An hour of videos this morning and another 20 on the mill. Noon time and I’ve already hit my step goal for the day! Tomorrow will be a good update for this girl. 

Until then..... keep pushing ladies!!! Don’t let the sick girl outdo ya! ??

I weighed in today and I am still at 220lbs.  I got a little discouraged cause my weight went up but I think it is because my hours are backwards since I work overnight and I have a lunch overnight.  I am still working out on doing sit-ups and walking and stairs at work and even watching portion control but it is tough.

I am so happy that I gave up soda and it has been 1.5 months.  I was reading online what soda does to you and I am so glad that it has been awhile since I even touched soda.  I am half way through the month without even touching a drop of alcohol.  Last time I touched alcohol was New Years and so far I have not touched it as well.  So the 2 biggest calories adding fat and not to mention how expensive they are, I have given it up.

So yay on that  

Here’s some good old motivation for everyone!!

yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I didn’t do much beyond my exercise, but I got thru it and I wasn’t 100% so I’m happy. 

12 floors, 12k steps for 5.8 miles, 2700 cals burned and 82 minutes of exercise heartbeat 111bpm. 

So back to normal. I am happy that I ran at a good pace yesterday. The stamina is coming back. And it really helps I think running right after the exercise video. 

Go go go girls!! PUSH!!! 

16 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I weighed in today and I am still at 220lbs.  I got a little discouraged cause my weight went up but I think it is because my hours are backwards since I work overnight and I have a lunch overnight.  I am still working out on doing sit-ups and walking and stairs at work and even watching portion control but it is tough.

I am so happy that I gave up soda and it has been 1.5 months.  I was reading online what soda does to you and I am so glad that it has been awhile since I even touched soda.  I am half way through the month without even touching a drop of alcohol.  Last time I touched alcohol was New Years and so far I have not touched it as well.  So the 2 biggest calories adding fat and not to mention how expensive they are, I have given it up.

So yay on that  

That is great! Pop is the worst. It’s so addicting too every now and then I still have cravings over 90 days later. However the one time I took a sip it was way too sweet and I spit it out. I keep that memory in my mind to remind myself without the caffeine that carbonated syrup drink is just gross.

49 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Here’s some good old motivation for everyone!!

yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I didn’t do much beyond my exercise, but I got thru it and I wasn’t 100% so I’m happy. 

12 floors, 12k steps for 5.8 miles, 2700 cals burned and 82 minutes of exercise heartbeat 111bpm. 

So back to normal. I am happy that I ran at a good pace yesterday. The stamina is coming back. And it really helps I think running right after the exercise video. 

Go go go girls!! PUSH!!! 

It sounds like you are recovered from your cold. ? How many calories did you take in?

I burned 3193 calories and took in 898. This included three waffles with some maple syrup, a awesome chicken ceaser salad and rotisserie chicken. Also lots of water.

Today I was down to 203 pounds and my waist is down to 44.5 inches.

No idea how many calories I took in. I had a mason jar overnight oats for breakfast, garden salad with chicken, tortellini caprese salad, an apple, lemon chicken over brown rice with beans, and a cup of melon and grapes. Plus 100+ floz of water. Last weeks tally was 1300cals. I’d assume I’m right there. And right at the 33/33/33 macros. The cals and macros take care of themselves. Oh I’ll put it in. Just a sec..............

It’s 1197 calories a day this week. Plus a bit for oils and seeds so close to that 1300 and change again. By far the best part of the portion control containers. 4veggie, 3fruit, 4protein, 3carbs, 1fats, 1seeds and nuts or olives, and 4tbsp oils or nut butters. It’s always about that 13-1500 cals. 

Ps it was not long ago that you were yelling at me for being at 1000cals a day. You’re dipping low a lot lately lady. ?. Get that cal count up!! 

33 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

No idea how many calories I took in. I had a mason jar overnight oats for breakfast, garden salad with chicken, tortellini caprese salad, an apple, lemon chicken over brown rice with beans, and a cup of melon and grapes. Plus 100+ floz of water. Last weeks tally was 1300cals. I’d assume I’m right there. And right at the 33/33/33 macros. The cals and macros take care of themselves. Oh I’ll put it in. Just a sec..............

It’s 1197 calories a day this week. Plus a bit for oils and seeds so close to that 1300 and change again. By far the best part of the portion control containers. 4veggie, 3fruit, 4protein, 3carbs, 1fats, 1seeds and nuts or olives, and 4tbsp oils or nut butters. It’s always about that 13-1500 cals. 

Ps it was not long ago that you were yelling at me for being at 1000cals a day. You’re dipping low a lot lately lady. ?. Get that cal count up!! 

I didn’t plan to go that low.

i had three waffles with butter and maple syrup and chicken and a salad for lunch. I just got full so I stopped eating for the day.

Today we are going to have BBQ for lunch.

So I weighed myself when I got home from work and I am still 220lbs.

Starting to get sad.  I am eating right.  My portion control has gone down.  I am working out with crunches and sit-ups and plank holds and now I feel like I am stuck.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my eating hours and working out hours are not normal and they are backwards from normal since I work overnights.

28 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Starting to get sad. 

I know it's easy to say, but it's important not to let it get to you. ❤️

Over the last few years, I've lost about 40kg and it tends to go in waves. I dropped about 30kg over a year or two and then that other 10kg has taken about the same amount of time again (probably because I've gone off the rails a few times over the years). I am no doctor or nutritionist, so this is purely from my own experience and everyone is different, but I'd guess different things affect it. This will include diet, exercise, mood, HRT, sleep and about a million other things that can't be controlled. 

Recently, I've taken to weighing myself no more than once a week and first thing after waking up is apparently when you're at your least heavy?

I would say just keep it up. Don't worry if there is a plateau; your body will reward you for treating it right (it's going through a lot of changes at the moment) and if you really feel like you need a little extra help, I reckon your doctor would be a good person to ask for weigh loss advice.

Thank You Jo_g.  Maybe I should take your advise and also be like Kirsten as well and only weigh myself once a week instead of every day.

I know that my body is already thanking me for in December starting to change my diet with cutting out the junk foods, the fast foods, the soda pop and the alcohol.  Then have introduce more fruits and veggies, started to eat smaller portions and stopping when I feel content and not waiting till I get full or stuffed.  I have noticed that I am not going to the cupboard or refrigerator as much now and only eating just enough.

Then the fact that I have been exercising alot more with average steps being 8000 a day and doing 5x sets of 10 sit-ups and doing a plank hold as well.  Then once a week I do baby shark ab challenge which is still tough but getting used to it and yet it really makes my core feel better

Thank You

Amy you’re doing fine hun! The body is a fickle machine. All we can do is pay attention to what we put in our bodies, exercise daily, drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest. The rest will take care of itself. 

If you are plateauing, it may be time to mix things up. Change up your exercise, eat less carbs and more fiber, or simply go harder in your workouts. 

I really like Beachbody workout plans and meal plans. It’s like someone did all the hard work for you. All you have to do is sweat your you know what off and not cheat on the eating!! They are pretty smart I tell ya. ? 

23 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

So I weighed myself when I got home from work and I am still 220lbs.

Starting to get sad.  I am eating right.  My portion control has gone down.  I am working out with crunches and sit-ups and plank holds and now I feel like I am stuck.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my eating hours and working out hours are not normal and they are backwards from normal since I work overnights.

Are you counting your calories? Try to make sure you are eating less then you are  burning. Weigh yourself on the same scale at the same time of day. Also I would give yourself a window of time in the day where you eat and then don’t eat outside that time of day. If you sleep in the mornings and work at night weigh yourself when you get up.

you can do it. Don’t give up.

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

Are you counting your calories? Try to make sure you are eating less then you are  burning. Weigh yourself on the same scale at the same time of day. Also I would give yourself a window of time in the day where you eat and then don’t eat outside that time of day. If you sleep in the mornings and work at night weigh yourself when you get up.

you can do it. Don’t give up.

I am not counting calories.  But now I should.  I do weigh myself on the same scale in my bathroom and usually when I first wake up and  usually right before I jump in the shower, so I am usually naked as well so I can get a true weigh in with no clothes on the same digital scale in my bathroom.  But I think it is time to mix it up on the workout and count calories