• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

I had a solid exercise day yesterday. I spent an hour and a half outside last night clearing the driveway and walks. Half shoveling and half snowblower. It’s become one of my favorite exercise things to do actually. It’s usually about 10k steps and a whole lot of sweat. Today I’m going back to my videos though. I’m only in week 2 and I’m 2 days behind now. It’s a 10-15 week program so I don’t really want to fall too far behind. 

Food is going well. I can’t say enough about prepping. It just takes all the guesswork and ability to cheat right out of the equation. It’s just grab and go, and it’s always healthy options. 

I was looking in the mirror this morning when I was getting dressed and my stomach officially doesn’t stick out anymore!! I can see a couple of ribs too! No abs to speak of yet though. But my waist keeps getting better! I’m gonna hopefully look good in a bikini top this summer!! It’s nice when the results start showing in the mirror. Way better than scale victories for me. I’ll always be heavy weight wise. ??‍♀️

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Kirsten said:

I had a solid exercise day yesterday. I spent an hour and a half outside last night clearing the driveway and walks. Half shoveling and half snowblower. It’s become one of my favorite exercise things to do actually. It’s usually about 10k steps and a whole lot of sweat. Today I’m going back to my videos though. I’m only in week 2 and I’m 2 days behind now. It’s a 10-15 week program so I don’t really want to fall too far behind. 

Food is going well. I can’t say enough about prepping. It just takes all the guesswork and ability to cheat right out of the equation. It’s just grab and go, and it’s always healthy options. 

I was looking in the mirror this morning when I was getting dressed and my stomach officially doesn’t stick out anymore!! I can see a couple of ribs too! No abs to speak of yet though. But my waist keeps getting better! I’m gonna hopefully look good in a bikini top this summer!! It’s nice when the results start showing in the mirror. Way better than scale victories for me. I’ll always be heavy weight wise. ??‍♀️

I'm hoping I'll look good in a bikini soon too. Just working on getting under 190. I hit a bit of a rut.

I was very excited with my workout yesterday. Started week two so it’s like going back to the beginning. Last week the cardio video destroyed me. I couldn’t keep up or move after, but yesterday I kept up I’d say through 80% of it. I did need a few 5-10 second breaks here and there for water (the video is 25 mins of nonstop insanity) but that was it! I was still sore after, but much better. I like seeing the results like that. I did weigh in and I’m still going down. Mid 180s leaner and stronger! I’m very happy. Another 10 pounds or so down with the muscle building that I’m getting and I’ll be very happy!!! 

I feel like that I have failed yesterday cause for whatever reason I was just super hungry.  For the past 2 months I was doing good on portion control and then how I was doing good on workouts but yesterday I feel that I have failed cause I was just hungry and could not get enough to eat and I ended up just eating anything.

So I failed and I am glad that I have not seen what I weighed in at yet cause that will be scary.

Lots of Love

Those are the day you want to force yourself on that scale! So you can see just how bad days like that really are. I’ve gained 4-5 pounds in 1 day! ?. But we are all allowed to mess up here and there. What really matters is what you do today. Will you get back on the horse and keep pushing in your workouts and eat healthy or will you fall into a sugar carb and fats rut again. We are all human. We all cheat. 

So when I got home from work, I weighed myself since yesterday I felt like I failed with just being hungry and eating like crazy.  But when I weighed myself today on my bathroom scale naked before my workout routine.  I gained 1lb.  So I went from 217 back to 218.

So workout day today 

So after I woke up from my nap from working overnight I did a 45 min workout.

Spent the first 30min on my Wii Fit.  The BMI tracker for me showed I dropped from 31.32BMI down to 30.28BMI.  So yes I did go down.

I then move onto the Alexis Ren ab workout and I am proud of myself that I was able to follow along for the first 6min out of the 10min so that is better.  I was only able to do 5min and now I was able to hang in there for 6min.  

But I can feel my abs hurting under the fat.  But YAY!! I am excited that I can hang in there on some very intense workouts.

I am still feeling better

Great Amy! Keep it up! I just finished my workout too. Today was total body circuit and my calves and abs are crazy sore. It was a great workout. 

It seems like I'm stuck at 190 pounds. I have a three day weekend coming up. I'm sure I can be under 190 before Tuesday.

That’s a typical stuck place Natalie. I know so many people that have issues with 208, 200, 190. For me it’s 185. I’ve been stuck there for like 2 weeks. Admittedly because I tend to not stick to my nutrition plan on Friday and Sunday. ??‍♀️ You’ll get there soon enough. 

I had a good day yesterday. Had a few chicken fingers at dinner for valentine’s day. But only a few. My video was rough as I said but my leg muscles and derrière feel ripped today! I like it! Have a good healthy day today!! 

11 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

That’s a typical stuck place Natalie. I know so many people that have issues with 208, 200, 190. For me it’s 185. I’ve been stuck there for like 2 weeks. Admittedly because I tend to not stick to my nutrition plan on Friday and Sunday. ??‍♀️ You’ll get there soon enough. 

I had a good day yesterday. Had a few chicken fingers at dinner for valentine’s day. But only a few. My video was rough as I said but my leg muscles and derrière feel ripped today! I like it! Have a good healthy day today!! 

Yeah there are times when it flatlines between retaining water, getting constipated because I had too many bananas or something and gaining a little muscle the number just wasn’t going down. At least it wasn’t going up and I know I’m not losing muscle mass.

This is probably why people don’t weigh in often but it keeps me on track because the weigh in is like my QE engineer that looks at everything I code. It keeps me honest with myself. Useually after a period like this I lose a few pounds rather easy so here is hoping for getting down to 185 soon.

14 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

So after I woke up from my nap from working overnight I did a 45 min workout.

Spent the first 30min on my Wii Fit.  The BMI tracker for me showed I dropped from 31.32BMI down to 30.28BMI.  So yes I did go down.

I then move onto the Alexis Ren ab workout and I am proud of myself that I was able to follow along for the first 6min out of the 10min so that is better.  I was only able to do 5min and now I was able to hang in there for 6min.  

But I can feel my abs hurting under the fat.  But YAY!! I am excited that I can hang in there on some very intense workouts.

I am still feeling better

That is a very good drop in body mass! Keep it up. This reminds me I need to get over to gamestop to grab those Wii motes.

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

That is a very good drop in body mass! Keep it up. This reminds me I need to get over to gamestop to grab those Wii motes.

Thank You Rithia.  I need to get over to gamestop, myself and get those remotes as well.  I want to do some of the other options but need the remotes.

Cannot wait till I get home from work to do some more workouts.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, Amy LeBlanc said:

Thank You Rithia.  I need to get over to gamestop, myself and get those remotes as well.  I want to do some of the other options but need the remotes.

Cannot wait till I get home from work to do some more workouts.

That reminds me time to go walk over to the gamestop to grab mine! :D

I weighed in today at 189.3 pounds and then after that I went down to the gym at the office and walked 2.21 miles in roughly 30 minutes.

Got my workout in this morning. Every day I keep up a lil better. Tomorrow is a double vid day. I think cardio again and stretch. Just gotta keep pushing every day!!! 

Hope everyone’s having a productive weekend. 

78AE55CA-A9A6-4C21-9404-4C85DD519B1C.thumb.jpeg.5d292aea8de8022a0eaecdca8700d263.jpeg

on my way out for some fun! Yay!! 

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Kirsten said:

Just gotta keep pushing every day!!! 

Keep it up Kirsten!  It's nice to get that out of the way early.  I'm always excited for the day when I get mine done earlier than usual.  It isn't going to happen for me today.  My schedule has been so busy.

Your efforts are paying out dividends.  You look fabulous in this pic.  PS: I want that top you're wearing!! ?

Susan R?

I am 5'7" and 185 pounds. I am also 64 and since 1985 I have been in home care work (lots of scrubbing and cleaning.  I also had a wife that used a 160 pound wheelchair scooter that I had to load and unload in and out of the van by hand several times a day. I have always worked hard and lifted furniture and equipment all the time. Today my body is feeling all that. I have arthritis in my lower back and knees. It is getting very painful to walk, but I try to walk as much as possible.  My current wife uses a power chair and I have to ride on the back of it to keep up with her. Sometimes she slows down and walks with me, but not too often.  I try to walk as much as I can, but even just going out to the stores and back I am out of breath when we get back. I have had trouble getting my breath since my gall bladder surgery in 2010. No one knows why.
I use to walk a lot as recent as 2000, but lately I just cannot do it. I just try to eat less. My diet now is canned salmon, salad, fruit and peppermint tea and water. There are meals where I am just not hungry. 
Our living situation is very stressfull, with yelling and fighting between her family members. We do not sleep very good, because we are being woke up several times during the night.  We are in the process of moving, but it is taking so long. Physically I feel pretty good. I am 42-37-40 with just a little bit of a tummy. With the little I eat I can not even begin to think where it comes from. I still want to lose about 20 pounds.

With love, LouiseRose

I workout late yesterday.  I got 13000 steps yesterday.  Burned 1000 calories.  Ate 800 calories in homemade crockpot Mac-n-Cheese.  I stood on the scale in the bathroom and saw that I weighed in at 218lbs.

It is just hard to lose weight.  I am trying everything.  I am watching what I am eating.  I have cut way back on the carbs, especially on the pasta's and have been going for protein and yet, I feel that I am not dropping fast enough.  I am staying with it still.

Amy, healthy weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week. It requires you to  get exercise daily, drink plenty of water, And stay vigilant. 

Your macros are important as well and proper macro percentages. Start at 33% carb,protein,fat. And try adjusting according to your results. I know my macros are best right around that 33% area. If my carbs go over 50% I gain weight. Same if my fat goes over 50%. 

You may need to try out some adjustments. But start at 33% of each. Most people are best there. That’s 4 parts greens, 3 parts fruit, 3 parts protein, 1.5 parts carbs, .5 parts healthy fats like cheese or olives or nuts, and a little room for stuff like cooking oil, nut butters, and spices. 

Also the body goes in cycles. You’ll plateau at times and if you stick with it things can turn around. 

Weightloss is not easy. Especially on hrt. Keep at it. And remember you aren’t on a diet. You are changing your food habits. It doesn’t matter if you’re losing weight because you’re making a healthier lifestyle. If you can do that, eventually the rest will work out. 

43 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Amy, healthy weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week. It requires you to  get exercise daily, drink plenty of water, And stay vigilant

Your macros are important as well and proper macro percentages. Start at 33% carb,protein,fat. And try adjusting according to your results. I know my macros are best right around that 33% area. If my carbs go over 50% I gain weight. Same if my fat goes over 50%. 

You may need to try out some adjustments. But start at 33% of each. Most people are best there. That’s 4 parts greens, 3 parts fruit, 3 parts protein, 1.5 parts carbs, .5 parts healthy fats like cheese or olives or nuts, and a little room for stuff like cooking oil, nut butters, and spices. 

Also the body goes in cycles. You’ll plateau at times and if you stick with it things can turn around. 

Weightloss is not easy. Especially on hrt. Keep at it. And remember you aren’t on a diet. You are changing your food habits. It doesn’t matter if you’re losing weight because you’re making a healthier lifestyle. If you can do that, eventually the rest will work out. 

Thank you Kirsten.  I know that I have been working out every day.  I just got done walking the dog that I am watching from Rover.com.  Just the dog walk alone, I got 4000 steps.  I then got home and started my workout today with Alexis Ren. I know my stamina is getting better, cause I was able to last 7min now out of 10min.  So my stamina is awesome.  I am also so happy that I have not had soda, alcohol, or fast food since December.  So all those empty calories I am not on.  I have been drinking more water, and do hit the warm tea, milk.

I think that I need to look more at what I am eating.  I know on the days I work and since I work weird hours, I tend to eat twice a day, once at 4pm and again at 11pm.

I have looked at my food journal that I have been writing down everything I am eating and time and date I am eating.  on the days I am off, I do eat 3 times a day.  My portions are typically about as big as a cup maybe a cup and a half.

I think I need to revisit my meals

You’re probably lacking in the veggie and fruit department. That’s where your fiber comes from. You need a minimum of 25g of fiber a day too. It helps promote a healthy bathroom schedule too. I literally eat 3 cups of fruit, and 4 cups of veggies a day now. It’s over half of the food I eat every day. And all organic. 

So my weigh in today is 217lbs.  I had 10000 steps and thanks to walking the dog that I am watching from Rover.com which helped me with my steps going around the block.

I also did the Alexis Ren. ab workout and my stamina is getting better.  I was able to last 7min now out of the 10min workout.

Then I had a small fun size chocolate bar cause I was having a such a chocolate craving just like a cis-woman.  That fun size bar helped me out.

Another workout day

Today’s workout was shoveling and snow blowing. I was gonna do my vid too, but it feels like I popped something in my back, soooooo. It was a great workout though. An hour of pushing hard. Only 4-5” of snow. But it was heavy wet snow. 

I have lunch out with the “entourage” today. 3 kids from 3-12 yrs old, and all 3 moms! It’ll be a hoot. Lol. Time for a shower and makeup.