• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just blew out all my calories today just on making breakfast burritos.  

Wheat flour tortials 

Sausage links

Cheese

eggs

Total calories 856

Extra workout today and no food for the rest of the day.

I have a girls night out tonight which I cant drink any cocktails.

Amy you need to up your calories daily. You should be closer to 1300 when dieting. Normal caloric intake is around 2000. 870 is too low and you’re going to eventually run into issues. If you really want to press for a few days go to 1000 cals a day. But 1000 minimal. Natalie and I have been using that 1000 for a good low end number and we both lose plenty of weight. Don’t make yourself sick. 

Just now, Kirsten said:

Amy you need to up your calories daily. You should be closer to 1300 when dieting. Normal caloric intake is around 2000. 870 is too low and you’re going to eventually run into issues. If you really want to press for a few days go to 1000 cals a day. But 1000 minimal. Natalie and I have been using that 1000 for a good low end number and we both lose plenty of weight. Don’t make yourself sick. 

Ok Kirsten.  It is just hard for me with my hours that I work and to have a steady eating style.  

So today if I am at 856 calories just on breakfast.  That means I am 150 calories from 1000 min.

I checked with my Beachbody calculator. For a girl your weight your target caloric intake of the proper foods is 15-1700 a day. That’s WITH your exercise routine daily and that’s also assuming it’s high intensity. That’s the same class as I was when I started.  I am now in the one below which is about 300 less. 12-1500. 

Remeber that you need to fuel your body to do your exercise. If you want to go to a 1000 cal diet I’d say stop your exercise program. You’ll loose weight without it. Cause like you said you burn 800 or so calories on your routine alone. Add that to the 2-2500 your body burns a day and you’re losing nearly 3000 a day and only adding less than 900. That’s a recipe for not having the ability to do your workout at all. Or worse. Injury. 

I cant stress enough how important veggies are to losing. Today for breakfast I had a 2 egg omelette. 2 cut up turkey sausage links, mushrooms, onion, spinach, and low fat cheese. Idk what the calories are but I’d assume around 400. Or lower. And I got the important stuff in there. a serving of veggie, one of protein, and only 1/4-1/3 of my healthy fats for the day. Remeber yo think about that stuff when deciding on foods. Macros are more important than calories to some extent. 800 calories of fried chicken (or whatever) vs 800 calories of healthy food is what makes the difference. 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Great news Natalie!! You are a an inspiration. 

Thanks. I just got done rummaging through my closet and trying things on.

I am fitting barely into my medium sized blouses now. I am thinking in a month or so I should fit back into them. I also got into a pair of size 12 jeans today which is huge because that represents my escape from size 14.

The funny thing is clothes that I had this summer for work are starting to look like droopy tents so I have taken them out of rotation with huge glee and started treating them as sleep wear for now.

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

I fully agree. There are days where I have 1300 to 1400 calories. Sometimes it just works out that I have under 1000 calories but I haven’t ever been under 900 calories in a day.

You don’t want to starve yourself because then you won’t burn fat. Your body will start burning everything including muscle and that is bad. If you want to reduce muscle mass don’t exercise those muscles as much and they will convert to fat and burn that fat. That will prevent the loss of more muscle then you would otherwise need.

I know this takes longer, but you need to think of your health and the ability to maintain your weight once you reach it.

I do try to keep my meals around a range of 500 to 650 calories. If I have a meal on the larger end in a day I try to take it a little easier on the second meal.

Thank you @RithiaAllen  Both you and Kirsten have been helping me out alot and I have been printing out your advice and Kirsten's advise and have it hanging on my refrigerator.

Kirsten helped me out with having me go through the meal plan that came with my beachbody RIPT90 workout routine and since it is a high intense routine, I need to be in-taking 1600 calories a day.  I have been averaging 800 calories burn a day. 

Once again, you and Kirsten have been helping me out alot

Today marks the day that I have lost 50.1 pounds since starting and have reached 185.6 pounds.

Way to go Rithia.

Yesterday I had a total of 1856 calories.  I have burned 660 calories.  Even though my weekly weigh in is normally on Monday's  I have weighed myself today just to see and my weight stayed at 214lbs.

My very active workout now with RIPT90 is working and burning the calories.

Also is there a such thing as drinking too much water?  On an average I drink about 20 standard water bottles that is 17oz a day that you buy at any grocery store.

There is such a thing as water poisoning. Basically it’s because you wash all the salts out of you from what I understand. You’ll feel tired if you do and then you’ll know to add some electrolytes in. Like from a Gatorade or a specialty water like smart water. 

My officially weekly weigh in is 213lbs.  I am super happy that I lost 1lb.  The RIPT90 workout is doing what I want it to do with losing weight and I can feel my stomach getting harder under the fat.

I have been having problems keeping my size 12 pants up.  I cannot fit into a size 10 as they are still too small and a size 12 I need to wear a belt.

I followed my meal plan in my workout training yesterday:

Homemade breakfast burritos - 836 calories

Apple - 95 calories

2x Turkey Ranch Burgers - 690 calories

Total calories 1621

Total calories burned yesterday 936

12000 steps taken

No video yesterday. But I did shovel for 4 hours. Lol. So I think I get a pass. Back to the grind today! Keep pushing girls!!! 

Finished my workout.  Instead of going to the Day 4 RIPT90, I went and did the Alexis Ren ab workout.  I am super happy that between my RIPT90 workouts and practice, I was able to finish the full 10min of the 30sec different ab workouts.  My abs are on fire.

I am continuing to push to lose weight and look good in a 2 piece which I doubt I would from my giant scar on my stomach 

I’ve been having troubles the last 2 weeks getting my exercise in. First the back injury (I’m about 80-90% now) then 2 snow storms plus 2 very long work days in there as well. I’ve gotten plenty of active time, but not actual exercise. I’m hoping to get one in today after my electrolosys apt. 

Its become clear that I need a new time slot for my videos. Which may mean waking up at 4 am. ?. That’s not optimal to say the least. I’ll be going to bed before my kids do to get up then. So idk. 

The only positive is that I’m not gaining any weight. Hope everyone else is having more success than I. 

56 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

I’ve been having troubles the last 2 weeks getting my exercise in. First the back injury (I’m about 80-90% now) then 2 snow storms plus 2 very long work days in there as well. I’ve gotten plenty of active time, but not actual exercise. I’m hoping to get one in today after my electrolosys apt. 

Its become clear that I need a new time slot for my videos. Which may mean waking up at 4 am. ?. That’s not optimal to say the least. I’ll be going to bed before my kids do to get up then. So idk. 

The only positive is that I’m not gaining any weight. Hope everyone else is having more success than I. 

I’m sorry that your back is still hurting. Hang in there.

Day 4 disc on RIPT90 is done.  Today was Arm's and Shoulders.  My triceps are on fire.  I am glad to be using the light 3lb weights and was just doing more reps so I am not building muscle but keeping what I have and just toning and losing fat.

I then went into the Alexis Ren Workout for abs and was able to complete the full 10min of the workout.  My abs are on fire.

Here is the Alexis Ren ab workout that I am following.

Sorry about the lack of weigh ins. I have been very swamped at work and sore so I have not weighed in until now. However now I am over the moon because when I weighed in I was 183.8 pounds! This is also not my normal time for weighing in s so I’m probably heavier now then I was in the morning so yay!

Nice Natalie! You’re lower than I am now for sure!! I am still in that 184 area. Just stuck there. Cause of all the eating out and stuff. I just need to buckle down, but my social life has gotten a good boost lately. I thought that was important too. But after trying on some of my summer clothes yesterday, I am motivated. So I’m going small and I’m gonna push for no bad meals this week. I swear I could lose 6-7 pounds if I wasn’t eating like I am in a week. Guess that’s good and bad. I’m doing well maintaining with no effort, but I have to lose some still. 

I so love days like today. 730 and I’m done my workout for the day! Having a shake now and then off to electrolysis. It’s gonna be a GREAT day! I can just feel it! 

I know that I am losing something now and I am feeling better.  Today as I am getting ready for my support group I decided wear a dress and noticed that my stomach area is not protruding out in front of me.  So the clothes is telling me something that I am losing weight and starting to look good.

I’m still hovering around between 158-160. I’ve been busy at work too and I’m probably going to have to do some homework just to make up for lost time because even if I start to do training at work something always gets in the way and I’m behind. It’s been that way for the last couple of weeks. Turns out that the only person that works nights with another manager is slacking off and it’s effecting every shift. I’m hoping that the upper management decides to get rid of him because he is actually impacting sales in a negative way every shift which means that if they eliminate the shift they will actually make more money but for some reason the minuscule amount that is made is enough to keep them hoping that they can polish a turd. So that’s making it difficult to keep up with my exercise. By the time I get home I’m exhausted and when I get up I’m still exhausted. I might need to just start working out on weekends only.

Little later today, but crushed the morning again today! Now to clean my house!! Yeah I know. But I kind of like cleaning. Blast the music, sing and dance with a mop in one hand, and a duster in the other! Lol. ??‍♀️

So I feel sad that I was very busy with running around that I did not do my workout routine.  I missed Friday, Saturday workouts.  But I can say with being busy and all the running around and have been eating alot better with counting my calories still.  I lost 2 lbs.   So in 2 weeks time I lost 3 lbs.  That feels like a good healthy loss of weight and I am not starving myself.