• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

• Forum Moderator

Well, it's that time again...Tuesday's weigh-in.  This week has been a week of severe emotional ups and downs and very high stress related to "coming out"(a story for another time).  This last week, I only did my 3 mile walk one day and did 30 mins of exersize indoors on two other occasions.  That was it as far as exercise.  The only positive thing was that I was not as hungry as usual and easily kept on my strict Paleo-centric diet.

With all this I was thinking my weigh-in was going to be a disaster.  It was not.  I lost 4 lbs exactly. This was after losing 4.5 lbs the previous week so things in dietland are going quit well right now.  I am only 21.5lbs from my target.  I'm starting to see the light at the other end of the tunnel.

8 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Dont mind if I join in on reaching my target weight

Glad you could join us on the thread. It's great to see others with so much enthusiasm for a common goal.  Keep it up girl!

Susan R?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s really great Susan!! 2-3 pounds a week is considered good. You’re above that. I only lost like 2 last week and I gained it back reconciling with the misses. Lol. I think I cut it back off between yesterday and today though. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Haha.  Find out in the am I guess. 

Time for some cardio for this girl. ?

Just now, Susan R said:

Well, it's that time again...Tuesday's weigh-in.  This week has been a week of severe emotional ups and downs and very high stress related to "coming out"(a story for another time).  This last week, I only did my 3 mile walk one day and did 30 mins of exersize indoors on two other occasions.  That was it as far as exercise.  The only positive thing was that I was not as hungry as usual and easily kept on my strict Paleo-centric diet.

With all this I was thinking my weigh-in was going to be a disaster.  It was not.  I lost 4 lbs exactly. This was after losing 4.5 lbs the previous week so things in dietland are going quit well right now.  I am only 21.5lbs from my target.  I'm starting to see the light at the other end of the tunnel.

Glad you could join us on the thread. It's great to see others with so much enthusiasm for a common goal.  Keep it up girl!

Susan R?

Awesome! Another 4 pounds lost is fantastic news. You're doing great. If you can keep this rate up in a little over 5 weeks you will be in maintenance mode.

I wish I could say the say but C'est la Vie.

Hello All:

So over night at work, I have started working and was on an empty stomach.  I was working hard where I was sweating and then when I looked at my fitbit, I saw my heart rate up at 100.  I got finished with my task at work so I went to get some lunch that I have brought with me.  Homemade Mac & Cheese that I made in the crockpot, water to drink and I have plain Yogurt that I mixed in some berries and granola.  While I was sitting down relaxing being at peace, eating at a nice comfortable rate where I am taking my time.  I saw my heart rate go down to a resting point of 58.

So I am getting my heart rate up to burn that fat off and eating very sensiable and got my resting heart rate.

Lots of Love

Amy

Yesterday was a heck of a day for me! I was 188.6 at todays weigh in! 1.6 pounds in a day is cray cray. 10 floors, 5.5 miles 50 mins of exercise (avg heartbeat 143!) and 2800 cal burned. For food I had my coffee and donut, a p3 turkey/almond/Colby for lunch snack, and 3 skin-on chicken thighs with cheesy cauliflower mash at dinner. 980cals in. 

Do it again today!! 

That’s great Amy! Keep up the hard work!! And watch that food intake. ?

4 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Hello All:

So over night at work, I have started working and was on an empty stomach.  I was working hard where I was sweating and then when I looked at my fitbit, I saw my heart rate up at 100.  I got finished with my task at work so I went to get some lunch that I have brought with me.  Homemade Mac & Cheese that I made in the crockpot, water to drink and I have plain Yogurt that I mixed in some berries and granola.  While I was sitting down relaxing being at peace, eating at a nice comfortable rate where I am taking my time.  I saw my heart rate go down to a resting point of 58.

So I am getting my heart rate up to burn that fat off and eating very sensiable and got my resting heart rate.

Lots of Love

Amy

That’s good news. You have a good resting heartbeat according to FitBit. :D Your meal also sounds like it was delicious.

30 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Yesterday was a heck of a day for me! I was 188.6 at todays weigh in! 1.6 pounds in a day is cray cray. 10 floors, 5.5 miles 50 mins of exercise (avg heartbeat 143!) and 2800 cal burned. For food I had my coffee and donut, a p3 turkey/almond/Colby for lunch snack, and 3 skin-on chicken thighs with cheesy cauliflower mash at dinner. 980cals in. 

Do it again today!! 

That’s great Amy! Keep up the hard work!! And watch that food intake. ?

Now my .7 pounds list sounds less dramatic. ? Be careful with the low calorie intake. Your body needs the materials in the food to perform repairs to cells. It’s ok once in a while but “I try not to dip below 1100 calories per day. Plus once you reach your target weight you don’t want to change much from the habit that was formed.

Yesterday I burned 3349 calories and consumed 1325. I walked 7.93 miles and five floors.

I had a Cobb Salad with Chicken and Avacado, a cup of tomato soup, and two and a half pieces of left over thin cut pizza over the course of the day.

Today I weighed in at 211.2 pounds.

My normal non diet intake is supposed to be 1360 I believe. Youre supposed to cut 20-30% out while dieting. So I am right on point. 

I am not hungry. Not tired. Just losing weight.

It all seems real good to me. Other than my breakfast I am only eating healthy stuff too. I had 3 chicken thighs and a cup of cauliflower for dinner. It was a big plate of food. If you eat the right foods you don’t need as much or as many calories. Cut out the pasta and bread and you will see. 

56 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

My normal non diet intake is supposed to be 1360 I believe. Youre supposed to cut 20-30% out while dieting. So I am right on point. 

I am not hungry. Not tired. Just losing weight.

It all seems real good to me. Other than my breakfast I am only eating healthy stuff too. I had 3 chicken thighs and a cup of cauliflower for dinner. It was a big plate of food. If you eat the right foods you don’t need as much or as many calories. Cut out the pasta and bread and you will see. 

The thing is I like my pasta. I don’t have it all the time but when the mood strikes I’ll eat it. I’ll also pay for it on the treadmill in full and burn every bit of it.

The good thing about moderation and exercise is foods don’t need to be given up.

My daily calorie burn rate is roughly 1900 calories if I sit on my butt all day. With exercise I can crank it up to at max around 3700 calories without increasing my intake.

I like my pasta too. It don’t like me though. So that’s like a 1 meal a month type deal for me. Literally one sub or one plate of spaghetti and I gain 2 pounds. Shuts my metabolism down lickety split. But I can eat fats like crazy and protein too and don’t gain. Everyone has their perfect meal plan I guess. ??‍♀️

Just now, Kirsten said:

I like my pasta too. It don’t like me though. So that’s like a 1 meal a month type deal for me. Literally one sub or one plate of spaghetti and I gain 2 pounds. Shuts my metabolism down lickety split. But I can eat fats like crazy and protein too and don’t gain. Everyone has their perfect meal plan I guess. ??‍♀️

Wow. I can eat pizza and spaghetti and other forms of Italian food all day and still lose weight.

I can pretty much eat anything until I’m full outside of candy and I’ll lose weight. My problem is I couldn’t walk because of where we moved and I didn’t have a treadmill nor the money to join a gym. I was always on the road and had no time to use the hotel facilities. On top of that I was stressed and depressed so I ate. ?

Things are different now. I have a good area to walk outside and I have a treadmill now. Plus my new gig isn’t demanding overtime from me. It’s a much better balance.

2 hours ago, RithiaAllen said:

My daily calorie burn rate is roughly 1900 calories if I sit on my butt all day.

I think maybe we have different ideas of how many calories sitting on our butts all day will burn ?  I have stuck at 14 stone since October, but I was reintroducing real food after doing a meal replacement diet for 12 weeks and needed to find a balance.  Now I've levelled it off I know I just have to exercise and I'll start losing, but the draw to comfort food and stodge just now is stronger than the draw to go outside in a gale!

Lol. I can eat pounds of candy and not gain an ounce. It’s got to do with bloodtype and genes. And age too. I process white sugar extremely well. Always have. I used to process carbs well too. But no more. Since my ibs I just don’t. It’s all related. 

Thats why it’s so important to keep a detailed food diary if you’re new to dieting. Then you can see how your body does with what foods. That’s what I did last year. Helped a lot. And like I said I lost 80+ pounds. 

Just now, SeekingSadie said:

I think maybe we have different ideas of how many calories sitting on our butts all day will burn ?  I have stuck at 14 stone since October, but I was reintroducing real food after doing a meal replacement diet for 12 weeks and needed to find a balance.  Now I've levelled it off I know I just have to exercise and I'll start losing, but the draw to comfort food and stodge just now is stronger than the draw to go outside in a gale!

I’m looking at the lose it app projection based on data coming from the Apple Watch and FitBit and my food log. 

Rather then hen braving the gal my suggestion is a treadmill and if you don’t have one pick an empty space in your flat and pace back and forth. If you can get past the mental image you are still moving and getting your heart rate up.

Thanks Rithia, I have a space with an antique rowing machine and a cross trainer - I just need to clear the cardboard off them to use. I've found far more motivation to lose weight to wear the pretty clothes I want to buy than I ever did before!

Another good weigh in. 187.8 down 0.8 from yesterday! I had a bit of a big eating day yesterday. 1308 in 2871 out. Steak got me. A 9oz NY strip is a lot of calories. Lol. But my macros were on point. 29/48/23 c/f/p. Had a high carb donut which kicked me up a little for the carbs. 

As far as exercise, 10 floors, 5.6 miles and 61 minutes of active time. Avg heartbeat at 142. And I went up .3 for my speed too. So I’m getting stronger. 

Tomorrow is our work holiday lunch. Pizza. ? I’ll be smelling my lunch. Lol. It was supposed to be bbq but they couldn’t fill the order so pizza was the only option I guess. Funny cause out of the 11 of us, 4 are on low carb and won’t eat it. ??‍♀️

Keep pushing everyone!! 

19 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Another good weigh in. 187.8 down 0.8 from yesterday! I had a bit of a big eating day yesterday. 1308 in 2871 out. Steak got me. A 9oz NY strip is a lot of calories. Lol. But my macros were on point. 29/48/23 c/f/p. Had a high carb donut which kicked me up a little for the carbs. 

As far as exercise, 10 floors, 5.6 miles and 61 minutes of active time. Avg heartbeat at 142. And I went up .3 for my speed too. So I’m getting stronger. 

Tomorrow is our work holiday lunch. Pizza. ? I’ll be smelling my lunch. Lol. It was supposed to be bbq but they couldn’t fill the order so pizza was the only option I guess. Funny cause out of the 11 of us, 4 are on low carb and won’t eat it. ??‍♀️

Keep pushing everyone!! 

Thank You Kirsten.  I did 5 up and down the stairs at my work overnight and I can really feel it in my legs.  My legs really hurt.  It got my heart rate up to 119bps.  Then I walked my data center floor for exercise and doing what I call the preventive maintenance walk.  Walked the whole floor 3 times and my fitbit steps say that I did enough steps there to walk 1.5 miles

Figuring out exercise and my overnight task at work together.

Lots of Love

Amy

Stairs are an excellent way to strengthen your legs. Back in my college days we used to do partner stairs. When you go up and down with your partner on your back piggy back style. Then swap. It did wonders for strength but it was intense. Now I just do my 10 flights alone. (Sometimes with the 3yr old too. Lol) 

You should be trying to get to 10k steps a day eventually too. That’s what most medical groups say is what’s best for overall health. But over time. Don’t just go for 10k tomorrow. But it’s a good goal to have. Maybe over the next 2-3 weeks to a month. 

Glad to see you keeping up with it Amy!! Great job!! 

That is awesome you guys. Stairs really are a good way to get exercise. Think about it it's like push ups for your legs.

Today I lost .4 pounds and am below 211 pounds at 210.8. I burned 3261 calories and ate 1145. I was 37% carbs, 54% fat and 9% protein. I drank 32 oz of water. I walked 6,69 miles and went up 7 flights of stairs.

No pizza party for me today but I am flying home today at noon. In the interests of not going to the airport and paying a crap ton for lunch I'm going to eat the last slices of pizza for breakfast and then eat dinner shortly after I get home. Then I'll hit up our treadmill which is better then the crappy one at the apartment (I'm just glad it's there so don't tell on me for quibbling. ?)

Thanks everyone.  My work has this health and wellness program and every quarter they do the 10,000 step challenge that I have been trying to do.

Awesome job everyone on exercise and weight loss.  It's easy to get into that sedentary lifestyle and start packing the pounds/kgs on but it's soooo not good for you.  Stairs are a good thing to incorporate into your daily routine.  There have been some studies that show if you don't change anything else you do for a year (i.e. eat the same, maintain the same activity level etc.) but incorporate doing "X" number of flights of stairs per day, most people will loose 10 lbs/4.5 kg.  From what I recall from the last study I read, in general, if a 150 lb/68 kg person with an average caloric burn  did 5 flights up/down per day for a year those 10 lbs/4.5 kgs would come off.  Or something like that.  LOL  Just keep climbing (with good posture!).  It's amazing if you skip the elevator and use the stairs for a few flights up how those add up. 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Pizza for breakfast!? ????

#weirdestdietever! Lmao. 

Hey whatever works I guess. ??‍♀️

Well it’s more like lunch at breakfast and no breakfast if that makes sense.

Besides it was only 405 calories. So even if dinner is 1000 calories (it won’t be) I’m still within nominal calorie intake levels. ?

56 minutes ago, Briana said:

Awesome job everyone on exercise and weight loss.  It's easy to get into that sedentary lifestyle and start packing the pounds/kgs on but it's soooo not good for you.  Stairs are a good thing to incorporate into your daily routine.  There have been some studies that show if you don't change anything else you do for a year (i.e. eat the same, maintain the same activity level etc.) but incorporate doing "X" number of flights of stairs per day, most people will loose 10 lbs/4.5 kg.  From what I recall from the last study I read, in general, if a 150 lb/68 kg person with an average caloric burn  did 5 flights up/down per day for a year those 10 lbs/4.5 kgs would come off.  Or something like that.  LOL  Just keep climbing (with good posture!).  It's amazing if you skip the elevator and use the stairs for a few flights up how those add up. 

And I see people on the elevator at working going up or down one floor. ??