• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

I’m down to 208. It’s been a struggle to stay on track but so far this end of year break for the Holliday’s I have lost 2.8 pounds.

When I head back to Texas in a few days I’m hoping I can be under 200 before the end of January or even halfway through the month.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
Just now, RithiaAllen said:

t’s been a struggle to stay on track

I hear you Rithia,  this week has been completely different for me too.  I've been fairly good at staying on track diet-wise but I didn't work out as consistently due to all the shopping, parties, family meet ups!  I was exhausted by the end of each day but it's not the same as walking or doing a workout.  The other unknown variable is getting off Spiro a week ago.  I'm not sure how that will affect my weight either.

Congratulations on the 2.8lbs weight loss, Rithia.  I'll take that any week especially a holiday week like we just had.

Happy New Year,

Susan R?

Just now, Susan R said:

I hear you Rithia,  this week has been completely different for me too.  I've been fairly good at staying on track diet-wise but I didn't work out as consistently due to all the shopping, parties, family meet ups!  I was exhausted by the end of each day but it's not the same as walking or doing a workout.  The other unknown variable is getting off Spiro a week ago.  I'm not sure how that will affect my weight either.

Congratulations on the 2.8lbs weight loss, Rithia.  I'll take that any week especially a holiday week like we just had.

Happy New Year,

Susan R?

Oh yeah I’m very grateful to have lost weight at all. It took over 48 miles this last week to do it too. I very easily could have gained weight this week had I not kept up on the walking.

I have been working with an average of 5 hours of sleep since I have been here. Between throwing out stuff, cleaning and packing, Christmas parties upcoming our New Year’s Eve party alone at home and visiting my cousin while I was back I have felt like I was back in the field again.

I weighed in today and lost another .4 pounds and am down to 207.6.

I walked 5.86 miles yesterday. It was down from my average but you know new years and all that.

I’m very happy to be almost back to 200 pounds. If I can keep this up I’ll be at my goal in just a few short months.

That’s great Rithia. 

I am charging up my headphones right now and it’s onto the treadmill for me. Time to get back on this horse. I’ll weigh in tomorrow. But I’m not gonna like it. Lol. 

• Forum Moderator

Congrats Rithia on making progress.  That's incredible this time of year.

Today was my weigh in day and unfortunately, it went exactly as expected.  I had great portion control, stopped eating before I was full and waited 20 mins before eating again, and only ate good foods on my diet but 3 things changed.  My exercise routine was sporadic and fewer compared to normal, I've been off my diuretic for one week, and this week although I stayed at ~1500 per day...I had some meat every day instead of restricting it to 3 days per week.  Good excuses but I'll just have to try harder.  So in the end I gained 3 full pounds.  I'm certainly not happy about it but I refuse to let it get the best of me.  I'm back up to 22.5lbs to hit my target weight.  I hope you all have a healthy and energetic week.

Susan R?

Back to square 1 today. 198.4, but with the amount of beer and rich foods I’ve eaten in the last 2 weeks I am happy that I’m still in the 190s. Probably a good bit of water weight too because of all the booze. 

I did run 2.5 miles yesterday on the treadmill. And food wasn’t too bad either. 

So back to the grind. Time to get moving towards the 170 goal! ??????

I am the same way Kirsten.  I was doing so well before the holidays and lost 8lbs.  But thanks to the holidays and the heavy foods and rich foods.  I have put the weight back on and now I am back up at 228lbs.  New year and now time to really get to working out hard.

Lots of Love

Amy

@Amy LeBlanc on the plus side there’s nothing too “foodish” left till the summer. Well except for super bowl Sunday, the Daytona 500, and for me my anniversary in April. Buuuuuut it’s all manageable. 

3 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Back to square 1 today. 198.4, but with the amount of beer and rich foods I’ve eaten in the last 2 weeks I am happy that I’m still in the 190s. Probably a good bit of water weight too because of all the booze. 

I did run 2.5 miles yesterday on the treadmill. And food wasn’t too bad either. 

So back to the grind. Time to get moving towards the 170 goal! ??????

Oh really that puts me roughly 9 pounds away. I’ll help you lose weight by nipping at your heels.

I know that you will reach your goals.

• Forum Moderator

I feel your pain, I bounced back to 180 with all the Christmas food and holiday treats, I had pushed myself to 175 so now I’ve got to backtrack those 5 pounds and keep moving on!  

2019 is going to be good to all of us, I’m finding if I just live with a little faith that things will work out I somehow seem to attract that very quality, being confident that plan A will work with a perfectly viable acceptance of Plan B, backed up a willingness to go with plan C if we need to, reframing my thoughts to look for positive and be comfortable with the things that are happening around me that I have no control over has made such an immense difference in the last few months of my life, 2019 is going to be fantastic!

Hugs, 

Jackie

Yeah. It was a lot of parties. And a LOT of beers. I was off from work on the 20th and I went back today. And I’d say 10 of those days I probably had like 15+ beers plus way too much food. ??‍♀️

It is what it is. Plenty of time to hit my summer goal. ?

and I am 100% sure you’ll keep me motivated hun! ??

Today weigh in was 196.4. Down 2 pounds from yesterday. But like I said I’m sure I’m carrying a lot of water weight after last week. Hopefully I can get back to like 190ish like this. Cause all I did yesterday was a touch of portion control. But I ate pasta, and a donut. So nothing special. 

No changes in the weight dept today. I didn’t have the best eating day yesterday. Still finishing off the leftover pasta dishes. But got almost 3 miles in yesterday and 17 flights of stairs somehow.  

I joined the Beachbody team again! I love Beachbody. This is a 1year scrip for 100 dollars that gives full access to their recipes, and videos. Plus you get a personal trainer too. Well you get another Beachbody person that’s extra motivated. They send you texts and things to keep you going. My trainer is pregnant! But she’s getting ready for the newest routine they have right now. She’s pretty nice and we have talked a good bit already. So I’m excited! 

Saturday my wife and I are starting CIZE. It’s a Shaun T dance workout. I really like Shaun T. He’s really a gifted trainer. And LBGTQ!! We watched some of the videos last night to get a feel for it. And it looks pretty great. It’s a lot of very defined dance moves. At the very least it’s gonna get me some new smooth & sexy moves to show off! ??. Well maybe. Lol. It’s a 4 week routine. 6 days a week 25-45 minutes a day and you literally don’t stop moving at all. I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun! 

Hope you all are pushing hard!! @Susan R @RithiaAllen @Amy LeBlanc!!! It’s time to step it up!! Summer is coming!!  ??

I forgot to post here yesterday but my weight was 209 at 6:30AM. That is a gain but it was also six hours earlier in the day. I’m resetting back to what worked for me on my own instead of meshing with my boyfriend’s diet which was not bad but different.

This morning at 6:30AM I was 208.3 pounds.

Overall I think I have lost weight but I cannot weigh myself later in the day because I’m not able to sleep in as much and stay up late because of work. Not that it matters all those parties are done now. ;D

yesterday I walked 8.61 miles and went up 10 flights of stairs. I burned 3424 calories and ingested 917 over the course of the day.

I am hoping that tomorrow I can be under 207.6 at 6:30AM

I am so proud of myself that with me taking baby steps on changing my diet and slowly introducing exercise and with the holidays which was not good so having to get my weight back down I have been 1 week Alcohol free, I am 2 weeks soda free.  I am back at 1 week with no junkie foods like chips and candy and cookies and take out.

I have been noticing that since I have been introducing more fruits and veggies and eating grains that it does not take much to make me full.  I have noticed now that I have been eating smaller portions and instead of getting that stuffed feeling, I have that nice content feeling where I have energy instead of eating till stuffed and cannot do anything. 

Now the big push that I need someone to light fire under my behind is pushing myself more on exercise.  So far I am still doing very little mild workouts like mainly situps and crunches.  But I have seen when I stepped on my scale yesterday that I am at 225lbs.

So I am really happy that the baby step method on changing my diet has been working and keeping me focus.

@Kirsten Hit me up on Facebook please to be lighting a fire under my behind to make sure that I am exercising

@RithiaAllen.if you have Facebook, friend me and drop me a message please on the same to get that fire burning my behind.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Forum Moderator

After reading the current workout regimens Rithia and Kirsten are doing, I feel like a freeloader here. I'm ok with 3 miles of walking a day but if I have back to back weekly weight gains I'll have to increase my exersize regimen.  I've been fairly strict this week since Tuesday's weigh in.  I did make some my favorite Thai Tom Kha Gai soup and brown rice last night.  I may have eaten a half bowl more than I should have.  Let's hope for the best next Tuesday.

Susan R?

3 hours ago, Susan R said:

After reading the current workout regimens Rithia and Kirsten are doing, I feel like a freeloader here. I'm ok with 3 miles of walking a day but if I have back to back weekly weight gains I'll have to increase my exersize regimen.  I've been fairly strict this week since Tuesday's weigh in.  I did make some my favorite Thai Tom Kha Gai soup and brown rice last night.  I may have eaten a half bowl more than I should have.  Let's hope for the best next Tuesday.

Susan R?

If the weight is coming off you’re doing fine.

I am working on burning more as fast as I can and that requires more of a burn which is fine because I have not felt as good as I am right now in years.

Todays weigh in was a little later at 8:50 AM but that is when I woke up. Today I was 207.7 pounds making it .6 pounds lost today. ? I hope I can keep up with the .6 pounds lost per day.

Very nice Rithia! 

I have been asked not to weigh in more than one time per week. So my weigh ins will come on Monday mornings. My trainer says it’s too much of a mind eff to weigh in daily. So that’s my new thing there. 

Started Cize today. It was intense. Not hard physically but holy crap is it hard to learn the moves! And after the routine which was 35 minutes long I ran a 5mph 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Seemed like a waste to skip the mill since I was all stretched out. Tomorrow’s supposed to be an off day for the videos, but I need to practice the moves so there’s no off day for this girl. But already at 5200+ steps, 51 minutes of exercise with heartbeat avg at 115. 

Meal plan starts today too. We are sticking with Beachbody for that as well. Lots of greens minimal grains and lean protein. Simply healthy. 

Hoping this works because I love this kind of lifestyle. Clean crisp fresh foods and plenty of exercise!!! 

??‍♀️⛹?‍♀️??‍♀️???‍♀️??‍♀️??????????

3 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Very nice Rithia! 

I have been asked not to weigh in more than one time per week. So my weigh ins will come on Monday mornings. My trainer says it’s too much of a mind eff to weigh in daily. So that’s my new thing there. 

Started Cize today. It was intense. Not hard physically but holy crap is it hard to learn the moves! And after the routine which was 35 minutes long I ran a 5mph 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Seemed like a waste to skip the mill since I was all stretched out. Tomorrow’s supposed to be an off day for the videos, but I need to practice the moves so there’s no off day for this girl. But already at 5200+ steps, 51 minutes of exercise with heartbeat avg at 115. 

Meal plan starts today too. We are sticking with Beachbody for that as well. Lots of greens minimal grains and lean protein. Simply healthy. 

Hoping this works because I love this kind of lifestyle. Clean crisp fresh foods and plenty of exercise!!! 

??‍♀️⛹?‍♀️??‍♀️???‍♀️??‍♀️??????????

Whatever works for you, just remember the key is lots of exercise, water, and counting calories (to an extent). Personally I try to avoid empty calories like chips and stuff and go for things like fruit, vegetables and I have a weakness for pizza and pasta but in smaller portions it's fine.

Personally I don't use a trainer because I don't see the point but I wish you success in obtaining continued weight loss.

The calories will be hard. I have to up my intake to 2400 a day! That’s crazy!! I’ll be eating 6x a day. And pretty decent sized meals. But it’s for the best.  

As far as the trainer, it’s free. And she’s really cool. She sends me meals, workout routines, and makes sure things are progressing in a positive fashion. Can’t go wrong imho. ?

Just now, Kirsten said:

The calories will be hard. I have to up my intake to 2400 a day! That’s crazy!! I’ll be eating 6x a day. And pretty decent sized meals. But it’s for the best.  

As far as the trainer, it’s free. And she’s really cool. She sends me meals, workout routines, and makes sure things are progressing in a positive fashion. Can’t go wrong imho. ?

She wants you to eat 2400 calories a day? Are you trying to build muscle or are you burning a crazy amount of calories?

I typically eat anywhere from 900 to 1700 and burn anywhere from 2400 to 3700 calories in a day. To lose weight you will have to burn at least 3500 calories every day without fail.

I am interested to see your results. Hugs?

• Forum Moderator

I have to agree with Rithia on that calorie intake amount being really high.  I've been successful on 2 long term diets in my life.  This is simplifying these diets a bit but both required a maximum of ~1500 calories a day without a 30 min. workout and one of the diets allowed 1700 calories with a workout and that was for males.  My wife was on both diets and she was restricted to 1200 and 1400, respectively, given the same parameters.

I've been doing ok on my diet but it hasn't been easy and I'm still using the male parameters of 1500/1700 calories.  I know it all depends on your exercise, food type eaten, your metabolism etc...but 2400 calories does seem a little high.  If it works though, thats all that really matters.

Susan R?

That’s what the system says. It’s all veggies, protein, and fruit. Lots of fiber. I assume that’s why. But idk. Here’s a quick example of a day 

meal 1: 2 eggs, 1c spinach, 1c oatmeal, 1/2c strawberries, 2tbsp peanut butter 

meal 2: 2 eggs, 1/2 c quinoa, 1/2c asparagus

meal 3: 1c lean ground beef, 1c cauliflower, 1/2c spinach

meal 4: 1/2c seasoned chicken 1c brown rice 1/2c jicama 

meal 5: 4oz salmon, 2c garden salad, 2tbsp dressing, 1/2c pasta

meal 6: (snack) 1/2c blueberries

its very similar to what we did to get ready for our wedding with the insanity program, and we both lost like 30-40 pounds. The exercise routines are rough. My exercise numbers this morning were from 0 to end of workout in 45 mins with a 5 min break in between. And this is week 1. It will ramp up eventually having 1-2 hours of exercise a day cut into 2 workouts. Without the food you can’t do it. This girl is 5-4ish I’d guess and looks like about a size 4 and that food list is from her. It’s one of her food days. 

Will it work ??‍♀️  But people like Shaun T and tony Horton created it. For now... In Beachbody I trust. ?