• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

topical estrogen on breasts? mtf

jt_lake

hey everyone! 

i have a question, i'm on the maximum dose of estradiol pills and i'm wondering if it would cause any harm to also use topical estradiol on my breasts to stimulate nipple growth . i'm concerned it would be too much estrogen and mess with the effects of my regular oral dose of estradiol. thanks for listening! 

• Admin

Your doctor already is monitoring your other HRT I hope and so I would get them to write a prescription for it if THEY think it is a good idea because it is additive to your other meds and they need to be sure you are safe.

That said,  In my 9 years on supervised HRT, I have been told to  keep "E"  OFF of my boobs since it will not penetrate to that tissue without going skin to blood to the cells that distribute it internally to the tissue it is to affect which is the long way home.  Your oral meds will work faster and better than creams.  Creams do work to get your E level up and are safer than some forms by a tittle bit, but they do not work on isolated parts of your body.  . 

This is your first post, and I would like to recommend a trip to our Forum rules as to what we allow in hormone discussions.

thank you very much for the advice, this is exactly what i needed to know and i will read the rules before posting again, thank you ❤️

• Forum Moderator

I've read the same warning, keep it off breast tissue.   I've read progesterone can be used for the reason you want but there are side effects.  There is another recent thread where it was discussed. 

Jani

I am on progesterone and I dont know if it's also the estrogen, but have noticed that my breast and being tender once again and they are starting to very slowly move from cone to filling out.  But in the end, your breast is just based on genetics unless you get surgery.

Lots of Love

Amy

my advise is before doing anything. Check with a doctor.

Being honest. Just wait and see where you are in a years time.  I went from 40 to 48 inches in 2 years but i knew at the end of that first year i was going to get more than i expected. just on hrt alone. patience would be my way forwald. I know a year can seem forever but rome wasnt built in a day or was bust size.

Dont be fooled it wasnt easy. They where are still are very painful and i dont think they have finnished yet even after my 2 years of HRT.

If for instance you did use cream and it worked then be ready for some serious discomfort as it all grows quicker than nature intended. Not a good ideal without supervision from a Doc