• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello there

Brienne

Hi, my name is Brienne. I am MtF. Like so many others i have started and stopped my transition so many times. I finally have the courage to finally do it and stop making excuses. At 46 I consider myself a late bloomer and could use any advice i can get on just about most issues ?. i amnew to the L.A. area and could also use some recommendations on trans friendly nail ans waxing salons.

• Forum Moderator

Hello Brienne and welcome.  I hope you can find happiness and settle into your new surroundings.  Don't be bashful about asking questions here as there is lots of experience to draw on.  You're not too late of a bloomer!  But I understand what you are saying.  Make the best of your new area and get out and socialize.  

Cheers, Jani

Welcome Brienne, Many of us were in our 60s when we came out. I came out last tear at 69. Feel free to ask all the questions you may have. We are here to support you in any way we can.

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Hi Brienne, welcome to TransPulse.  You're still very young (compared to myself).  Never let age affect your decision to be who you are.  Transitioning is more than physical.  I just started transitioning a few months ago and I'm 56.  I'll be close to 60 before I'm near to where I want to be and I'm fine with that.

I'm glad you found us and wish you the best on your journey.

Susan R?

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Brienne.  Congrats on re-starting your transition, and also welcome to La La Land.  :lol:

I think you will be hard pressed to find nail, waxing and hair salons which are not trans friendly.  I am in the South Bay area and have used three different nail salons, all run by Korean or Vietnamese staff, and all have been welcoming.  If you are in need of a wig, I can give a recommendation on a place in Hollywood, and know of some great gender therapists, too.

Have a look around the forums and participate in any threads that sound interesting.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Brienne,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm glad you're here! It's never too late to be happy.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?

I would love to know of a good wig place.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, Carolyn Marie said:

If you are in need of a wig, I can give a recommendation on a place in Hollywood

• Admin

Ugh, do I feel silly.  I just discovered that the shop I frequented and was going to recommend closed its doors on Nov. 2.  That was Hollywood Wigs, whose owner retired.

There are many others in that area, most of which I am sure would love to serve you.  But I won't suggest any bc I haven't been a customer of any others.  I'm sure we have some locals that can recommend a great shop. Sorry about that, Brienne.

Carolyn Marie

I have had good luck with two online sites,  The Wig Company and Paula Young. I have bought 2 from The Wig company and 1 from Paula Young. I paid 30 dollars for each of these and people are surprised when I tell them that it's a wig. 

Brandi