• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Injections and pills

Ivyblossom

Hi everyone, I really need advice, I’ve been on estradiol for a year started at* then * and final * mg a day, I felt great and although I have a ways to go to pass I was seeing lots of progress also people are starting to be confused as to what I actully am,  I’m getting ma’am a bit more often ,, but last month my doctor started me on *.** *** of estradiol valerate every 7 days and about 3 days I was goinv crazy for my pills, but around my thirds injection I stopped craving the pills, but no longer was feeling up beat and as positive as I was on the pills, after my 5th injections and feeling nothing I started taking my pills ones I had left over and I feel amazing I tried contacting my doctor but I got no answer, my questions is should I give the injections a bit longer to start working is it risky taking  both until I can see my doc? he dropped my spiro from *** to ***a day also, and my number were great on pills, should I have left well enough alone? Please help 

Edited by MaryEllen
Dosages removed per rule #13 of the community rules
  • Root Admin

We're not medical professionals here. These are questions you should be asking your doctor.

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Hello IvyBlossom.  

Stop taking the left over pills along with the injections.  NOT GOOD!  As to how your body is reacting to the injections, we all respond differently so this is something to discuss with your doctor.  I assume you went to injections because of a perceived advantage over pills?  There isn't really any advantage of one delivery system over another, although there can be some disadvantages.   Your doctor has your medical data and is best attuned to manage this.  

Please get in to see your doctor! 

Jani

Thanks Jani, I usually am 

Just now, Jani said:

Hello IvyBlossom.  

Stop taking the left over pills along with the injections.  NOT GOOD!  As to how your body is reacting to the injections, we all respond differently so this is something to discuss with your doctor.  I assume you went to injections because of a perceived advantage over pills?  There isn't really any advantage of one delivery system over another, although there can be some disadvantages.   Your doctor has your medical data and is best attuned to manage this.  

Please get in to see your doctor! 

Jani

I’m usually very good at following doctors orders but I haven’t been able to reach him at all and my appointment is in Jan,  I’m so fustrated but thanks so much for the advice Jani 

• Forum Moderator

There must be someone in the office that can relay a message to your doctor, or possibly a Physician's Assistant or Nurse?  Keep trying! 

I agree that you need to stop taking the leftover pills! Taking more estradiol will not make changes faster, but can be dangerous. As Jani stated, we all respond differently to the meds, what works for one may not work for all. I know that we all want the changes yesterday, but they will happen in their own time. This is not a race, but a marathon.

6 hours ago, BrandiBri said:

I agree that you need to stop taking the leftover pills! Taking more estradiol will not make changes faster, but can be dangerous. As Jani stated, we all respond differently to the meds, what works for one may not work for all. I know that we all want the changes yesterday, but they will happen in their own time. This is not a race, but a marathon.

I’m ok with taking things slow, and I get things take time, I’ve only been on the injections a month, I understand taking both can be risky, so yes I will take you guys advice and continue to try and reach my doctor, I just pray I don’t turn back into a little boy before I can do so lol but really I appreciate the advice and I am taking it. 

• Forum Moderator

You won't turn into a little boy!  Take a deep breath and relax!!!

Jani

6 minutes ago, Jani said:

You won't turn into a little boy!  Take a deep breath and relax!!!

Jani

Lol thanks Jani