• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Yes on 3

Kirsten

• Forum Moderator

I have no Facebook account.  Can you paraphrase the article or post for us, Kirsten?

• Forum Moderator

Look at the News sub forum.  Caroline has posted a story about this. The instigator behind the anti-transgender bill (question 3) in Massachusetts admitted their argument was made up.

Time to drag them into court and throw a bunch of charges like hate crime motivated slander/defamation of an entire group of people. If that person has licenses write to the bar/agency/company holding the license(s) and request that they be revoked for unethical conduct and make an example of the person.

Yeah @Jani. And he also said they did the exact same thing in Houston and succeeded!! These people are rediculous. The Uber right wing rhetoric is borderline radical activism!!! And nobody seems to give a flying you know what!! I wish that all the people that were duped into voting no would see this and realize just how stupid they are. 

I agree. However, this approach is not new.

Activists and politicians have been using fear and bigotry in this way for ages. We only tend to notice when we're the ones being targeted. Usually, it's coded a little better instead of being such a blatant lie, a la Willie Horton, but it's been a constant for ages on both sides of the political spectrum because political ads and rhetoric are not required to be truthful.

I honestly don't know what can be done other than trying to debunk them in real time. Thankfully, the Measure 3 folks have admitted that we've figured out how to diffuse their fear mongering, so one hopes that at the least they'll have to adopt a new lie.

I'm quite proud of Massachusetts for not falling for it!

• Forum Moderator

Laws in search of problems. This stuff is getting really old, quite tired of being a political punch bag. More and more people see through this crapola, and you see it in the numbers. Why don't social conservatives just find something else to blame.

The worst thing is that over 3 Million dollars was spent on this stupid campaign. 30 dollars buys 100 meals at the food bank so that’s 100 million meals for poor people who can’t afford to eat that just got wasted on crap. If this country stopped doing these kind of things and put their money time and effort to good uses the world could be an amazing place. But no. We’d rather fight with each other. Stupid really. 

That's a great way of thinking about it, Kirsten. Terribly sad, though. 

Btw, what's the right way to refer to residents of Massachusetts? Massachusites, Massachusonians, Massachusetters?

• Root Admin

Massholes is the prevalent moniker given to us by folks from neighboring states. LOL  :D

• Forum Moderator

Thats a good question Julie.  I don't think I've ever heard any of them... just "Massachusetts residents".   Whatever it is, its a mouthful! 

Just now, MaryEllen said:

Massholes is the prevalent moniker given to us by folks from neighboring states. LOL  :D

And we're said to be from "Cow Hampshire"!

• Forum Moderator

I was born in Maine so I am a "Mainer" at heart.  I alway thought Mainiac was a term of endearment! 

I agree, Jani! I have lots of family in Maine and have always heard Mainiac used in a nice way. 

I really appreciate that Mainers are able to simplify things. There are two kinds of people: Mainers and summer people/people "from away" ?

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Jani said:

I was born in Maine so I am a "Mainer" at heart.  I alway thought Mainiac was a term of endearment! 

Lived in Augusta for a couple of years growing up..(4th and 5th grade).  It was a great place to be and I love the memories of I have..especially the summers.  I need to get back there before it's too late.

Susan R?

Have to say from over here this seems like a complete farce - I am sorry that this is a genuine issue it really shouldn't be. What does the law say about cleaners going into the opposite WC? - it happens frequently over here while in use and no one bats an eyelid.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Susan R said:

I need to get back there before it's too late.

Well, when you do, you need to let me know!

3 hours ago, MaryEllen said:

I'm a native Mainer too. Northwestern Maine.

The far Southern corner for me!  

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Jani said:
4 hours ago, Susan R said:

I need to get back there before it's too late.

Well, when you do, you need to let me know!

I'll make sure I do, Jani! ?

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, SeekingSadie said:

Have to say from over here this seems like a complete farce - I am sorry that this is a genuine issue it really shouldn't be. What does the law say about cleaners going into the opposite WC? - it happens frequently over here while in use and no one bats an eyelid.

The scariest moment I have had when using the loo was when I was in a cubicle and a women exclaimed that she didn't expect to find a man there. Then she started talking to the cleaner (she was just joking lol). She will never know how my stress level went up! :D

Tracy

Yeah @SugarMagnolia I would have to say masshole. It’s more of a mass driver term though. We are all New Englanders more than anything. 

@SeekingSadie I have never had any issues in any public restroom. I have had plenty of women talk to me, and have never heard a bad word said. Like the article had said, it was all a lie made up by some right wing political group.