• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fat distribution

Ivyblossom

Hi, beautiful people..  I was wondering if anyone was struggling with weight gain/lost .. I was 130 and the only way I would gain was my doctor put me on megace, this is before hrt ... I picked up tons of weight and it was nice weight although I did have a small pudge, I stopped megace for other reasons but it worked... I’m 32 and weigh 155 now and on hormones and it’s seems as though weight is more so in my tummy than my thighs hips and butt I see a little progress in those areas  which is great but my tummy has to go .. thing is when I wake in the morning my tummy is flat and it looks great but the minute I eat i look 10 pounds larger well to me I do, has anyone experience having to work out or diet to get rid of the pudge and if so how did it effect distribution to those places we all want the fat to go.. will changes a diet and eating less fat food impact fat distribution negatively I know everyone is different , but I hoping someone can help me out a bit ... 

• Forum Moderator

I'm also lean and now that I'm older I find I have the same issue you describe with weight going to my waist when I eat. I've been doing some exercise to keep my waist trim and it seems to help.  It may help with distribution in other areas but I'm thin enough not to notice much.   Maybe you can speak to your doctor about this.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jani said:

I'm also lean and now that I'm older I find I have the same issue you describe with weight going to my waist when I eat. I've been doing some exercise to keep my waist trim and it seems to help.  It may help with distribution in other areas but I'm thin enough not to notice much.   Maybe you can speak to your doctor about this.

Hi Jani, I’ve also heard that sometimes spiro can cause beer belly, my dosage has been cut in half on that, I have a nice shape, and I’m afraid if I work out I may lose the good weight with the bad, but I will be talking to my doctor about this, thanks Jani 

• Forum Moderator

I might have noticed that when I started but it was short lived, as my body adjusted to the med.  Everyone is different so listen to what your body says to you.  Working out is good because you will loose muscle mass on E.  

Jani

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• Heathick
    • Berni
    • KMTAL
    • MomTGDaughter
    • Susan R
    • CreepyConfusedKid
    • Mia Marie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Michelle916
    Newest Member
    Michelle916

1. Joel-FTM
      Joel-FTM
      (50 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/09/28/transgender-woman-killed-west-philadelphia-shooting-police-say/   By most counts this is murder #28 this year.  Does anyone outside this community even give a damn?   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/09/28/los-angeles-man-sentenced-25-life-killing-transgender-woman/   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.startribune.com/court-separate-locker-room-violated-transgender-boy-s-right/572564792/     Carolyn Marie
    • Jade Diaz
      I wish I could say I had a better marriage but the truth is it was always pretty rough - mostly because of me and the way I tried to hide the truth from my wife for all those years. The disclosure itself was rough but we got past that rough spot reasonably quickly. We share a common goal of trying to part without causing each other a lot of unnecessary pain (it still hurts of course)   My son is 11 and my daughter is 9. They don't really have "political beliefs" yet but I know this will probably be difficult for them to accept. I have a lot of low key anxiety about it, but at the same time it feels a long way off.   In truth, I spent a decent amount of time reading posts in the forum (including your own previous posts on the topic) - I am left wondering if there have been any "successful" outcomes with children in my age range - I guess your grandchildren would possibly qualify there?   Anyway, thank you for welcoming me. I am looking forward to learning and sharing.
    • Msecret
      Good to know. Thank you again @Abi
    • Dana Michelle
      It turns out that I will have to send pictures of my genitals, but not until I've had several sessions of electrolysis (so the surgeon can see how much progress I'm making). I mentioned my concern to my therapist and she said that anything sent through the health provider's website is very highly encrypted (to comply with HIPPA). I'll probably take the pictures with my desktop computer (which has a lower change of being stolen than a phone) and I'll use the shred command in Linux to delete them once I send them.  
    • Emily michelle
      A sweater dress would be cute. I’ve been drawn to cardigans so far. I have gotten 3 already. I’m pretty much hooked on leggings. I just wish I had the boots to go with them.
    • ElizabethStar
      I've been starting to like fall and the fashions more and more over the last few years.  I have seen so many cute outfits but the one that sticks in my mind is a pair of Uggs, leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. Something about it. Maybe it's the simplicity or the "every girl" look, I don't know. There's just something I love about it.   I really want to get a skirt or two but I just can't decide. I'm drawn to mini and over the knee length ones when I should probably be looking at midis and maxis.   I do, at least, have a sweater dress I crocheted last year. Now that I have some semblance of a female body I can start wearing it.
    • KendraML
      Kendra's life,it has been a discovery of whom I am really.First memories of trying on feminine clothing when I was  14 years and curious how comfortable they were to were.I was in the 8th grade at the time after I got home from school doing my homework first if I had any.Mom was gone at work usually coming home around 6:30 PM.Then it was into my mom's closet trying on a few pieces of clothing of hers on.First one was a very favorite dress of hers,I loved how comfortable it was to wear against my skin and put it back the same way she had it.Then it was a couple tops and skirts of hers putting them the same way she had them.I was lucky too,never got caught in the act knowing when she came home from work.Mom never suspected anything something was going on with me seeing I was normal son of hers.Did try on her bras as well being careful to put them back right as well.Even tried on her heels.This was until I was 15 years old.Things stopped when I was 16 living a life as a normal young man doing anything any male would do thinking I was not really female.Then in 2011,what I did when I was 14 and 15 years old came back.This time it was with trying on my wife's clothes on when she was gone,we were dating and I thought I never got caught.I was wrong,she came home early one day and I thought she was mad at me with the oh crap look on my face at first.Instead,she said I looked good in the dress of hers on I tried on and I would look good dressed as female.Did get the idea of getting a couple of her friends of her involved and I was for it.First stop was to a jewelry store getting my ears pierced.Said clip on earring won't cut it also buying me a pair of 2 inch hoop earrings too.Then it was to a second hand store finding me a black knee length dress also finding the perfect pair of 3 inch black heels to go with the dress.Did get fitted for a bra too also get a pair of panties too.A friend of hers had a brunette wig that said my name on.Another friend of her taught me make up application.Said in 6 weeks I was going out with them for the first time.I thought cool,it took me practice to get everything right.My wife was surprised I got it right in 3 tries.Then it was a Saturday,Kendra finally came out 6 weeks after this happened.All said I looked good dressed as a woman and they were right.I loved it and it was part time at first.Then in 2015,I knew I wanted to stay as Kendra in 2016.Began the hair removal which took a year and told my wife I wanted to be Kendra fulltime in 2016.She fully loved the idea and said I look better as Kendra which I agreed with her 100%.I saw wearing of the male wardrobe was getting boring and liked the female wardrobe better.The plans went great with us and tough part was telling my mom she was going to have a new daughter in her life.She saw me as her son.It was in October of 2015 I told her I was going fulltime as female on January 1st,2016.She was speechless,gave her time and space to think things over on this.Finally on January 1st,2016,I said goodbye to my life as male stepping in a salon with the staff ready.I had good long hair which was washed and permanent hair extensions put in also my hair styled,make up and nails done too.When everything was done I loved the results having a reveal party and was surprised my mom was there.My wife loved it,she loved it right away and everyone else said I must be much happier now.Wife even said I look better as a woman.Then I saw the look on my mom's face and said she thought things over good.Finally told me that she finally accepts it and knows she has a daughter that is finally happy.I was glad she came to terms about it.Kendra and I were in the 3rd year of our marriage when this happened and say it brought us together more.In 2017,had my breast augmentation and a trachea shave done.I have a 16 year old son,he was 12 when I went fulltime,he learned to adjust to the changes very well.I taught him can't live with a struggle in your life holding you back.He usually calls me Kendra most of the time now seeing I live a happy life now.
    • Jacqui
      @Willow and @QuestioningAmber, thanks for your thoughtful replies!   Willow, while I am grateful for your kind, supportive words, I'm not sure I deserve all that much credit!  Only my gender therapist is going to deal with me face-to-face as Jacqui.  You go out as Willow when you are in Charleston, where multiple people know you as her.  What's more, Jacqui has never 'put herself together' yet (my profile pic is courtesy of FaceApp, using a 10-year old picture of me).  Willow has a look already -- hairstyle, clothes, jewelry (I love your starfish earrings, by the way) -- and you have faced someplace in the world as your true self.  I am dieting, letting my hair grow, and doing a lot of planning, but that's it for now (unless my self-acceptance takes the form of a step-wise progression where I eventually wind up attending my therapy sessions in full feminine regalia -- talk about a wow moment!  I think I'd have to find a 'big sister' to help me get to that point.  Right now I have trouble visualizing myself that way just walking from my car to the therapist's door!)   By the way, when you are in Charleston, have you ever tried the restaurant called "Husk"?  It's supposed to be pretty special -- all locally-sourced cuisine.  I read about it in a New Yorker article some years ago.   Amber, I'm glad that you are finding opportunities to use your preferred name (which is beautiful, by the way).  I'm a little surprised your therapist has not offered to use your preferred name in your sessions (unless they are not doing gender therapy with you).    
    • Jandi
      Sheesh
    • KendraML
      Looking towards it and always wanted it,we always worked together very well knowing I would be good at it.Two other people applied for it,they liked my resume better
    • ElizabethStar
      I almost went with the name Sheila, it was pretty high on my list. I chose Star for my middle name so I could have something that sounded fun and spunky. But I like the way it sounds, Elizabeth-Star and If I want I can just go by Star since it will be a legal part of my name. When I updated my Facebook it says Star is not real name and I will have to furnish legal proof in order to use it although other people have used it. I can't say if they had problems or not but it's silly that a computer is telling me what I can use for a name.
    • MomTGDaughter
      I named her Sheela, still deciding on a middle name. 
    • ElizabethStar
      My first Monday went pretty good. It was slow so I kept score to see how it went. I receive a total of 51 calls. I got my name right on 48 of the calls but I had 2 customer ask for me by my dead name so I only dropped the ball 1 time. I was ma'am and sir 1 time each  by customers. The customer that sir-ed me obviously didn't listen to my introduction as I got my name right. Our IT guy also called me sir, literally, right after we correctly my name on my mobile email we forgot to check.   I only got dead named about a half dozen times by co-workers. Most of them awkwardly corrected themselves right away so I let it go. I will give them a little more time since it's only been official for 2 full days but I'm going to start gently correcting people when they get it wrong or just flat-out ignore them. I figure eventually they'll get tired of being corrected or ignored and get it right.   So much is happening here. Reaching mile stone, new jobs, new experiences and a slightly problematic recovery. I do read every post on this thread and wish I had a higher capacity for expressing how I feel for everyone here and what your all going through. You are all amazing and have helped me more that you will ever know.       Lots of Love        
  • Upcoming Events