• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New journey starting next month

kelseyn

New journey starting next month,start my transition on the estrogen and male hormone blockers January 3rd,2019.I am very excited.It was after my 40th birthday in October,I knew I was living an unhappy life.Growing up,knew I was born the wrong gender and the feelings started at age 10.My brother and sister grew up living happy lives.I hid it in the closet for 30 years and this is one regret I had.My brother and sister,they saw something was not right with me.Were very concerned.Then 3 days after I turned 40,knew it was time to come out.Went over to my parent's house and luckily my brother and sister were there too.They were in the living room talking and told them I needed to come out.My brother,asked what it was first.Then I finally came out saying I can't live my life as male anymore including being a woman trapped in a man's body.My brother and sister,said everything is ok and they are there for me.My parents they struggled with it feeling they raised me wrong.Told them they didn't raise me wrong.Today,mom came around and has come to terms.My dad,mom said hopefully by Christmas.Other family members,they been great or ok about it.It tore my marriage up,wife and I are separated at the moment looking it's going to end up in divorce next year.She doesn't want to be with me anymore.Friends,my female friends have been there for me.They even took me out one night,a girl's night out when I first started living and dressing as female.See me much happier.Male friends,struggling a little bit and still friends with them.Work,It has been positive and I have my job still.Worked things out,new ID card and use the women's restroom with no issues at all.I do see a therapist,have gender dysphoria.I decided to transition and it will be the best option for me.One I have time thinking about is the gender corrective surgery when it comes time.It is going to be well worth it

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to read about your marriage and I hope you can both find happiness.  Your guy friends will struggle to understand and you will eventually surround yourself with another group of people that are your friends who will accept you as you are.  

Great news about starting HRT.  As to what's next, take it slow and absorb the changes as they come.  Let them settle in so you can integrate them into your persona.  

Congratulations!

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

Kelseyn,  I can see your enthusiasm in your posts.  You're becoming more free of those limiting constrictions placed early on in your life.  It shows in your writing.  This is you, finally asserting your true self and it's really inspiring to read.

I'm not sure if you've been on an HRT regimen prior but I believe it will help you in so many ways...and not just all the physical stuff.   I doubt I'll ever stop my medications unless my endo insists due to health concerns.  It's been one of the best things to happen to me since making my decision to transition.

Onward bound my friend,

Susan R?

I have not been on the HRT yet.I want a better life and tried to over come these feelings.My sister has been a great help buying my new wardrobe and shoes.Since living and dressing as female,have the love of shoes.The heels,lots of practice walking in them and moving up on the height of the heels.I am up to 3 inch now starting with the 4 inch soon.My male wardrobe is gone,sold it all which helped buy my new wardrobe.My brother and sister,they are doing great with the changes.Use the pro nouns she and her around me a lot calling me Kelsey.

• Forum Moderator

Heels are cute but just realize that women don't wear heels that tall, if heals at all in daily activity.  If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, they will make you stand out in more ways than one.  

Hello kelseyn

Sorry about your marriage.  Congratulation on starting HRT.  January 2018 is when I started my HRT journey and I am so much happier.  You will do fine yourself on HRT and take it slow and buckle up for the ride of your life.

Lots of Love

Amy

Getting a second chance on the marriage,going to work things out with my wife.Wife came back and said she wants to work things out.

Had my legal name change on my driver's license today,excited to say it will say Kelsey Michelle and F instead of M on it.Happy my real name and gender are on it now

Even have someone to talk to now that is going to help me out.She is a pre op trans my age,did transition 2011 to 2013 having deciding not to have the corrective surgery.Met her today and I see her guiding me in the right direction.

• Forum Moderator

Thats great!  Having someone to speak to face to face is a bonus!  Certainly so if you are similar in ways to make a friendship possible.  

Good for you! 
Jani

Her story is like mine and had no regrets with her transition.She was lucky,had support from her two older brothers whom are still in her life.Mom had a tough time with it at first and her mom came around.Her dad was the with  her mom.We have a great friendship starting and invited me to go out with a couple of her friends Friday night whom are also transgendered.I said yes to it

On 12/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, kelseyn said:

Had my legal name change on my driver's license today,excited to say it will say Kelsey Michelle and F instead of M on it.Happy my real name and gender are on it now

It's a wonderful feeling! I have F's across the board now. SScard, DL, all Ins and got my Birth Certificate last week.

Love your middle name?

Did this with my SS card today including car insurance also health insurance.Went to the DMV to have my name changed on two car titles.Two more which will be done on Monday.

Finally found a hair salon that will do my hair.I was told to leave from 3 other places.Walked in one today,the owner was kind to me and said she allows transgendered women in her salon.Scheduled an appointment on Tuesday for a medium length cut done

• Forum Moderator

That is similar to what mine looks like.  Once I went shorter I had it cut straight across at shoulder length in a pixie style (I think thats what its called).   My hair stylist recently suggested cutting the back a little at a time to give it a wedge look.  I love it.  She's taken a little off for the last three visits and its looking good.  

Jani