• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Never mixed my CDing with alcohol

Terri

I have been going the sober route on my own for the last 3 years after decades of binge drinking. Today no alcohol, but some occasional CBD/THC.  I have been lucky given all the times I was behind the wheel drunk.  Between my health issues and the fear of doing major damage to some innocent person I stopped.  Throughout the years I have been a very closeted cross dresser, but I always avoided alcohol when dressing.  This was my way of keeping it "real", and preventing myself from having any delusions about my feminine desires and owning it.  However, I think drinking was keeping my dysphoria in check.  When I stopped, my dysphoria and anxiety went through the roof.  It set off a period of risky behavior of being out in public and hooking up with men.  I've settled down, but wow, I am feeling very TG and attracted to men beyond what I used to think I was keeping real. I should have recognized and accepted this a long time ago.  I have avoided AA, but learning here that there are some TG friendly meetings I think I need to give that a try.  Thank you all for sharing here.

• Admin

I began CDing on my first session of sobriety that lasted about 16 years and for the first few years (about 12) the CDing kept my alcohol abuse under control.  I never drank while dressed in those days or for that matter, at any time, but in MY case the CDing made me think I had conquered the alcohol (cunning stuff), but that lead me to realize I was not a CD and I was angry and afraid of going forward and hated my HP at that time because I knew I had to fully Transition, so back came the booze to wipe out the intensifying Gender Dysphoria.  The worst that can happen to you by joining an AA group is that you will meet a lot of sober people who deal with life without the drugs of choice.  I am a member of two groups that were a bit surprised that I was Trans but have come to fully accept me as just another recovering drunk, the can dig the drunk and that is enough.

• Forum Moderator

When i first got sober i had an AA sponsor who was a devout Catholic.  Perhaps because of that i stopped dressing and going out to clubs for almost 3 years.  I went to a women's meeting as myself while on a business trip.  The topic of the meeting was honesty and that really hit me.  I started going to GLB meetings one of which is now almost 50% trans now.  I've found a loving supportive fellowship that not only supports my sobriety but accepts me as a person like any other.

Well worth a try!

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 155 Guests (See full list)

• Sophie111
    • Susie
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Alscully
      Alscully
      (35 years old)
    2. floruisse
      floruisse
      (40 years old)
    3. Jasmine25
      Jasmine25
      (22 years old)
    4. Trev0rK
      Trev0rK
      (26 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      This topic reminds me of the lyrics to the Beatles song, "A Little Help From My Friends."   "What do you see when you turn out the lights?"   "I can't tell you but I know it's mine."   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      @Ivy have you read the actual document?   Has anyone else out there read it?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am reading the Project 2025 document https://www.project2025.org/policy/   This will take some time.  I read the forward and I want to read it again later.   I read some criticism of it outside here and I will be looking for it in the light of what has been posted here and there.  Some of the criticism is bosh.   @MaeBe have you read the actual document?
    • RaineOnYourParade
      *older, not holder, oops :P
    • Abigail Genevieve
      No problem!
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Old topic, but I gotta say my favorites are: "Stop hitting on minors" (doesn't work if you're holder tho) and "Sure as [squid] not you"
    • Carolyn Marie
      Abigail, I think we will just leave the other posts where they are, and the discussion can start anew here.  It is possible to do what you ask, but would disrupt the flow of the discussion in the other thread, and would require more work than it's worth.   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am in too good a mood to earn my certificate today. I am sure something will happen that will put me on the path to earning it.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It's likely most cis-women consider a fitting unnecessary "because they know what  they wear" and get used to the wrong size.  The instructions for what your size is are simple and why go to any further effort?  You measure your bandsize and you measure your max and subtract the two to get the needed info for the cup size.  Then you buy the same size for years until it hurts or something.
    • KatieSC
      Congratulations Lorelei! Yes, it is a powerful feeling to have the documents that say "you are you".
    • Mmindy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Here is space for discussion on this, since the topic is large and could derail another thread SOMEBODY started.   Could some dear, sweet, kind Moderator pull everything related to this from the Voting for Trump thread and put it here?  I don't know if you can do that; I am the new girl on the block after all (blinks sweetly).
    • Ashley0616
      I think I lost a friend :(
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I will have arrived when I have a b*tch certificate of my own.  I think someone called me one once.
    • Mmindy
      That’s fantastic Lorelei. I’m so happy for you.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.