• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Tg,Cd,Ts etc. Living life in the shadows

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

Really hurts me to learn that if you identify as a varient of female being male or the reverse that it causes in worse case scenarios so much hate in society.  As a Crossdresser if your born with a passable body frame your very lucky in the body lottery and with little work you can pass and go out thats great.   Though there are many mtf Crossdresser s out there that are quite well built, even quite stocky that have a near impossible chance of passing seems so infair, if their inner selves wish to be identified as female, when on the outside they seem obviously male. Even if they are wearing make up and wearing a skirt or dress. We are all human, society is the one with the problem of intollerance towards anything they deem not to be normal, Society (minority)  seems to be the problem.  Crown law ought to make a huge issue on our rights and also should be included in the Uk bill of rights as well as any freedom act.  Impose strict penalties on offenders as we do after all have our rights. The police should have new powers to protect or enforce against offensive behavour towards tg, cd etc who are just living their lives, and not driving them into the shadows. Have a huge push on tv media that thus behavour will not go un-noticed or un punished and any violent offender or verbal offender will be dealt with by the courts.  Heavy prosecutions or put in clink if justified.     Let finally the wings of freedom fly.

tracy_j

Compared to, even a few years ago, things have changed radically here. Being harrassed for any difference is a crime these days. It is perhaps just that the police force is so undermanned that enforcement is not always their first priority.

Tracy

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi Tracy

Thanks for responding to this article i posted.   Regardless of police being understaffed, where there is a risk to someones life through violence or simply through the upset hate crime can cause psycological damage as much, as violence can cause physical damage.  Though so far in my life i have not ecperienced the hurt this can cause, but i have a pretty good idea how it could feel.   I really feel for those individuals whose personalities and lives are left in tatters or in worst case scenarios hospitalised, whilst the perpetrators for the best part get away with it, because of the afore mentioned staffing shortages...is there really anything called justice anymore...  Or is there only justice if the police can afford it.   Its all so wrong....

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Really makes me sick, keeping on hearing how hate crimes wrecks so many lives, or ends lives from being hospitalized and not surviving sustained injuries, or simply suicide as a result of psycological damaged caused by stress of hate crime attacks and so on...and police only enforce it, if they can afford the manpower.  I really feel deep down for those people and their respective families.  Whatever persuasion we are, so long as not criminal or not harming anyone, does it really matterer who anyone is...at the core arent we all human beings.

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Being human is surely a value worth protecting...here i am back and very outspoken back on my Orange box again...sorry...just feel so passionate about this...i lnow some people who have been a victim to such a crime...

Jani
28 minutes ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Being human is surely a value worth protecting

Here, Here!!!

In the States, we call it getting up on our soap box!  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • ElizabethStar
    • VickySGV
    • Robin.C
    • Dana Michelle
    • MaryEllen
    • Chibdeeb
    • RunValRun
    • SL
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Adelaide
    Newest Member
    Adelaide

No users celebrating today
    • Dana Michelle
      I'm 38 and I haven't had my hair cut in 18 years, and have been on estrogen and testosterone blockers for 2 1/2 years. My hair goes about 1/3 of the way down my back, which is the same length it was before starting hormones.  
    • Chibdeeb
      Hello. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area! I just joined yesterday.   I'm going to get right to the point. After starting T over one year ago, my inner labia (Which were not small to begin with) Have completely disappeared. They're just gone. There's a barely noticeable ridge of tissue where they once were, and my outer labia are about 1/3 the size they used to be.    I'm not complaining, but I have never heard of anything like this happening whatsoever. I've heard about a loss of elasticity, but what the frick.   As for the other issue, I sometimes get ''cramps.'' I haven't had a period in a year, but I get cramps randomly without any schedule or predictability. Sometimes they're severe enough that I have to lay in bed with a heat pack.   I would bring this up with my doctor, but he doesn't answer my emails at all anymore and his office is hours away. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Is this normal or worrying? Thank you.
    • Jani
      Yes we endured an eleven day ice storm and the resulting outages years ago.  Furnace, water pump, water heater and refrigerator are all critical!  I have a transfer switch that allows me to swap over to the generator safely.  I'm not a prepper either but some things are a given when you live where I do.  
    • KathyLauren
      @Jani, I am glad you were well-prepared for the power outage.  Out on the west coast, a few years ago, we endured an eight-day outage caused by a major storm.  That motivated me to get a generator.    I made sure both that house and our current house are wired so that the generator can power anything on the premises.  Not all at the same time, of course, but fridge, freezer, well pump and the controls for the oil-fired furnace can all run off it, as well as the computer and the TV.    I don't consider myself a "prepper", but I do believe in being prepared for some of the more likely events, like storms.
    • claire1000
      The only person other than my therapist I told was my primary care physician, I new that because of other medical conditions she would see the hormone therapy in my blood work.I wanted to see how I felt on the hormones before I told family.At about 6 months my eldest daughter said there was something going on with me and wanted to know if I was ill, she said I looked different to her.What I had not realized that with prior weight loss the hormone therapy had started to change my facial appearance somewhat.She was the first that I told followed by her sister and my 2 sons.The girls have been wonderful but the sons not so much.But now living full time everyone knows this is going to be permanent, and whatever time I have left I am going to live as Claire.
    • Michellle
      Oh ok, that sounds easy. How do you record your files? In the studio or do you have your own recording software?
    • SL
      Congratulations! Good luck with the new path! I'm sure you'll do great!
    • Jani
      Yes our hair tends to grow dependent upon a number of factors including our genetic makeup.  Here are the stages of growth.   Anagen is the active growth phase of hair follicles during which the root of the hair is dividing rapidly, adding to the hair shaft. During this phase the hair grows about 1 cm every 28 days. Scalp hair stays in this active phase of growth for 2–7 years; this period is genetically determined.   The catagen phase is a short transition stage that occurs at the end of the anagen phase. It signals the end of the active growth of a hair. The hair detaches from its blood supply during the catagen phase. This phase lasts for about two to three weeks while a club hair is formed.   The telogen phase is the resting phase of the hair follicle. When the body is subjected to extreme stress, as much as 70 percent of hair can prematurely enter the telogen phase and begin to fall, causing a noticeable loss of hair. This condition is called telogen effluvium.
    • Jani
      @KathyLauren That is so nice that you can effectively communicate about what you love and that people respond.   Keep going!   With the storm running up the East coast we had a period of high winds and rain in the early evening.  Lights in the house flickered a few times but it seemed we were safe.  But at 8pm the winds kicked up again and power went out!  I decided against lighting candles and went to bed at 9pm.  At 11:30 it was still dark, although the moon was full and it was very bright outside.  As it had been close to 4 hours I was concerned about my refrigerator.     I got dressed and went out to the garage to connect and fire up the generator.  I pulled it out and connected the underground cable to the house.  Thankfully it still had some gas in the tank.  I went out to buy more fuel, but it was already 12:30am and I didn't know how extensive the outage was.  Thankfully I saw the streetlight was on about a quarter mile from the house and I was able to find fuel at a local station that is 24hour.      After topping off the tank I sat in my car to cool off and listen to the radio.  About 1:30 I saw a power company truck pass by looking at the overhead cables.  I went to bed and awoke at 5am to see the power had been restored.  Great!  I went out to the garage in my night shirt to turn off the generator.  We don't generally loss power in the summer but the winds were really strong.  Thank goodness for the power crews!!  
    • Jani
      Kylie I hope it all went well and you are resting comfortably when you read this.  We'll all thinking of you.   Hugs, Jani
    • Jani
      Wonderful News Emily!!  I hope it works out for you and you find your new passion!
    • Jani
      Hello Rory and welcome!  Take you time to sort out who you are.  In the meantime, please join in.   Jani
    • Jani
      Hello HollyNoel and welcome!  Jackie's site has been very interesting, she's so positive.  Great news about seeing a therapist.  As to makeup, try to experiment and remember less is more!  Please join in the conversation!! Jani
    • Jani
      Its looking much better now.  
    • Jani
      In regard to "Secret 'o Life" isn't it amazing how some songs really hit the point and speak to us in a deep manner?   I've always loved the positive message in "Shower the People". 
  • Upcoming Events