• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tg,Cd,Ts etc. Living life in the shadows

MelissaAndProudOfIt

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

Really hurts me to learn that if you identify as a varient of female being male or the reverse that it causes in worse case scenarios so much hate in society.  As a Crossdresser if your born with a passable body frame your very lucky in the body lottery and with little work you can pass and go out thats great.   Though there are many mtf Crossdresser s out there that are quite well built, even quite stocky that have a near impossible chance of passing seems so infair, if their inner selves wish to be identified as female, when on the outside they seem obviously male. Even if they are wearing make up and wearing a skirt or dress. We are all human, society is the one with the problem of intollerance towards anything they deem not to be normal, Society (minority)  seems to be the problem.  Crown law ought to make a huge issue on our rights and also should be included in the Uk bill of rights as well as any freedom act.  Impose strict penalties on offenders as we do after all have our rights. The police should have new powers to protect or enforce against offensive behavour towards tg, cd etc who are just living their lives, and not driving them into the shadows. Have a huge push on tv media that thus behavour will not go un-noticed or un punished and any violent offender or verbal offender will be dealt with by the courts.  Heavy prosecutions or put in clink if justified.     Let finally the wings of freedom fly.

• Forum Moderator

Compared to, even a few years ago, things have changed radically here. Being harrassed for any difference is a crime these days. It is perhaps just that the police force is so undermanned that enforcement is not always their first priority.

Tracy

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi Tracy

Thanks for responding to this article i posted.   Regardless of police being understaffed, where there is a risk to someones life through violence or simply through the upset hate crime can cause psycological damage as much, as violence can cause physical damage.  Though so far in my life i have not ecperienced the hurt this can cause, but i have a pretty good idea how it could feel.   I really feel for those individuals whose personalities and lives are left in tatters or in worst case scenarios hospitalised, whilst the perpetrators for the best part get away with it, because of the afore mentioned staffing shortages...is there really anything called justice anymore...  Or is there only justice if the police can afford it.   Its all so wrong....

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Really makes me sick, keeping on hearing how hate crimes wrecks so many lives, or ends lives from being hospitalized and not surviving sustained injuries, or simply suicide as a result of psycological damaged caused by stress of hate crime attacks and so on...and police only enforce it, if they can afford the manpower.  I really feel deep down for those people and their respective families.  Whatever persuasion we are, so long as not criminal or not harming anyone, does it really matterer who anyone is...at the core arent we all human beings.

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Being human is surely a value worth protecting...here i am back and very outspoken back on my Orange box again...sorry...just feel so passionate about this...i lnow some people who have been a victim to such a crime...

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Being human is surely a value worth protecting

Here, Here!!!

In the States, we call it getting up on our soap box!  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 122 Guests (See full list)

• Abi
    • KayC
    • figuringitout
    • KathyLauren
    • Shay
    • Kylie
    • MaryEllen
    • Berni
    • Cyndee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MargieK
    Newest Member
    MargieK

1. liamorwilliam
      liamorwilliam
    2. Mybuttlost
      Mybuttlost
    • Berni
      Its funny,  I talk with my therapist about almost nothing else but my wife and our relationship. I feel like, mostly, this transission is going so well, but it all feels like ashes in my mouth if I cant take my soul mate with me. I too hope this is just a bump and that things will work out in the end.
    • Berni
      Oh @Shay. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. During the time I have been on these forums you have shown nothing but kindness to everyone. You are truly a lovely person.   If only I could be as kind as you are.
    • Shay
      I just read your latest. If you have therapist appointment soon talk about you concerns. If not suggest you reach out to your therapist. You need someone close to talk to. I hope this is a bump in her transition stage and she crosses into acceptance stage soon 
    •  Kylie
      Congrats Kymmie, such a great feeling isn’t it!
    • Berni
      I guess this could be part of it? It hits home that suddenly there is another woman in the home? My heart goes out to her.
    • Shay
      @Berni from the many many replies I hope you feel the love and know we are all rooting for you and your wife. You and I have a lot in common although you are much prettier inside and out.  
    • Berni
      OMG! That is so spot on. I buy a bra. Nothing. I wear a bra. Nothing. I ask her how often she washes her bra and its suddenly NOT ok. I guess, it just wasn't a conversation she wanted to have with her husband. I so feel for her and I empathize so strongly ... but I don't know what to do. I cant put this genie back into the bottle and I'm never sure which small thing will be the tipping point.
    • KathyLauren
      Congratulations, Kymmie!
    • Emily michelle
      Bernie I can only imagine how hard it would be to hear those words that she may not be able to carry on in your transition. I hope that everything will work out you are a very strong woman.   My wife has told her sister about me yesterday afternoon. I guess she said my wife is a lesbian now. I don’t think it really hit her till just then. She made a comment I guess I’m a lesbian now, and she didn’t seem very happy about that so that has me worried now. Up until then my wife has been very supportive.
    • ElizabethStar
      Congratulations Kymmie!
    • ElizabethStar
      This is so...I don't know the word..subjective maybe? Some little changes can seem a whole lot bigger than they are. When I started growing my nails,she was OK. When I started painting them, it was OK, when I inevitably painted them pink...it was the end of the world.   You CAN make this journey. You've made it this far.
    • Berni
      Thankyou @HollyNoel for your reply. I too try very hard to ignore the haters ... which is why I was so surprised at my sudden reaction. It seems they seep in a little no matter how hard I try. Maybe some of your confidence will rub off onto me.
    • Berni
      That must be hard for you being misgendered by someone you love. I haven't dared broach the subject of pronouns yet ,,, and I feel now it is further away than ever. 
    • Berni
      My goodness, yes, it is so hard at times. I hope everything worked out with your wife. And, indeed, I try to show my love for her every day. Thankyou for the reply @KayC
    • Berni
      This is such a simple, but excellent idea. I know I have thought and felt this all along ... and have monitored many transpartners forums and read books written by the partner ... but maybe I haven't been as explicit with her.   Regarding holding me back, she has made it clear that she doesn't want to stop me ... however, she isn't sure she wants to come along with me on this journey. Which is hard because I'm not sure Id have the strength to walk this path alone.   I'm sorry to hear you are alone. You must be very strong to hold it all together alone.
  • Upcoming Events