• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breast Development

Raven1981

• Forum Moderator
36 minutes ago, Beverly said:

After 7 months of estradiol and spiro, I'm happy with their development. They grew faster and larger than I thought they would over this period of time. 

I've been on Estrogen 4 mos but was taken off Spiro a month ago after being on it 3 months.  My wife &  I don't think my breast growth has slowed yet.  Measuring them wouldn't be accurate since I've lost nearly 40 lbs over that same period.  Has anyone else been taken off their anti-androgen and experienced a slow down in breast growth during their transition?

Susan R?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josie Beth

• Ellora

• RithiaAllen

• Linde

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was never on an anti androgen.

You can still measure them but yes, while losing weight they might shrink. I can say though after losing 31.9 pounds my breasts have not shrunk. My band size has started coming back down though thankfully.

Oh and one word of wisdom is that there are some bras that create and decidedly decent amount of cleavage. This sports bra I have on zips from the front and does this marvelous push up. Since getting back on HRT in October despite losing weight I have also noticed that my girls are getting a little closer to being able to be pressed together. I have a regular T-shirt bra with an underwire that does a better job then this, but I’m running after work.

image.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

I was never on an anti androgen.

Rithia, that is good news for me and, by the way, you look great.  I still want more breast growth and was concerned the lack of anti-androgens would affect this.  So far after one month, I actually not noticed any difference in my body, hair, etc...

Susan R?

17 minutes ago, Susan R said:

Rithia, that is good news for me and, by the way, you look great.  I still want more breast growth and was concerned the lack of anti-androgens would affect this.  So far after one month, I actually not noticed any difference in my body, hair, etc...

Susan R?

As always your mileage may vary if you are going to grow I think you will grow. I think it basically comes down to how much breast tissue does your body have. I’m just glad I am past the poofy nipple phase.

I’m looking forward to the poofy nipple stage! I’ve only gotten  small strides mostly of fat deposits and my nipples are growing but just slightly. Probably gynecomastia. Weirdly I’m losing upper body muscle and not any fat or anything in my chest. I’m going to need more exercise on my core though. I’m very anxious find out what is going to happen once I resume HRT. 

Just now, Josie Beth said:

I’m looking forward to the poofy nipple stage! I’ve only gotten  small strides mostly of fat deposits and my nipples are growing but just slightly. Probably gynecomastia. Weirdly I’m losing upper body muscle and not any fat or anything in my chest. I’m going to need more exercise on my core though. I’m very anxious find out what is going to happen once I resume HRT. 

If you don’t mind me asking why did you stop HRT?

I lost a lot of upper body muscle at least in tone and definition. I have lost some up body strength but I never had a lot to begin with. My strength has always been in my legs.

It depends on what you are trying to obtain. I want a flat stomach but I do not want defined muscle tone on my stomach. So in that regard aerobics are great for targeting an area for burning fat while not building a ton of muscle.

I was on HRT back in 2002-2003 and I stopped because I lost my job, my apartment, and had to move to another state suddenly for work. A series of events that spiraled out of control kept me financially off balance for 15 years and I was miserable because I was not on HRT. It’s been so long since I’ve been stable that I’m just now even wanting to get back on. I’m not exactly stable now but it’s imperative to get back on HRT for my sanity and because my body is going that direction anyway. I’m not going to fight it. Not that I’ve been consciously fighting HRT but it has not been a priority since I’ve been bouncing from one disaster to another. I wish I had been able to stay on HRT in 2003 and could look back and see more progress now. In spite of that huge setback, I’m actually delighted that nature is helping me along toward my goal. 

Just now, Josie Beth said:

I was on HRT back in 2002-2003 and I stopped because I lost my job, my apartment, and had to move to another state suddenly for work. A series of events that spiraled out of control kept me financially off balance for 15 years and I was miserable because I was not on HRT. It’s been so long since I’ve been stable that I’m just now even wanting to get back on. I’m not exactly stable now but it’s imperative to get back on HRT for my sanity and because my body is going that direction anyway. I’m not going to fight it. Not that I’ve been consciously fighting HRT but it has not been a priority since I’ve been bouncing from one disaster to another. I wish I had been able to stay on HRT in 2003 and could look back and see more progress now. In spite of that huge setback, I’m actually delighted that nature is helping me along toward my goal. 

Wow I am so sorry. ?

I got furloughed in November of 2017 and it hurt me too. I ended up moving to Texas for work.

I was off of HRT from late November through early October 2018 and it was brutal. I had to rent a room in a horrible apartment for a month and then a room through September, I got a meh single bedroom apartment in October and got back on HRT. My credit is still devistated. I have only been able to kee above water because of the sheer size of my paycheck right now. But when I sell my house all of that money goes towards paying back debts which is a bitter pill. It will pay off the largest amount of debt though.

Once it is sold I’ll get out of the apartment and rent a house in Texas and my boyfriend and our dogs can finally move out with me. Then I have to pay the rest of my debts and save up for the rainy day and buy a new house of our own. Once that is done I’m going to invest into passive income streams to avoid this situation in the future.

I can only imagine 15 years. I hope everything works out for you.

I’m optimistic. I agree with passive income, and multiple streams. It’s better now than it was before, even though I’m in a weekly studio, I’m more mentally determined to stay on HRT. I’m trying much like you to keep from making the same mistakes I did before. Sometimes I wish I had a boyfriend so I had a safety net but that’s not always a good idea. I’d rather get back on my feet and then include someone in my life. There’s a few guys that are interested right now but I’m not really ready. 

3 hours ago, RithiaAllen said:

As always your mileage may vary if you are going to grow I think you will grow. I think it basically comes down to how much breast tissue does your body have. I’m just glad I am past the poofy nipple phase.

You are lucky!  I am the last three years in the poofy and hurting nipple  phase!  I learned to be careful to not be hurting all the time!

Just now, Linde said:

You are lucky!  I am the last three years in the poofy and hurting nipple  phase!  I learned to be careful to not be hurting all the time!

Bumping them still hurts don’t get me wrong. I also don’t know for sure but my bras have started to get a little tighter over the last week. I’m losing weight I know my chest size is going down so I guess I am getting another growth spurt? Personally I wish they would fill out more rather then get larger but we shall see.

I feel sorry for you girls!  I have never been unemployed for a single day in my life, and worked for my last employer for 33 years.

I can't even imagine how it must feel to all of a sudden standing in front of nothing!  That in addition with the problem being trans bring along!  I congratulate you that you mastered this!  That has to be said, you girls are great! (and pretty soon,  Rithia will be thinner than I)

I don't know what is going on with my breasts, I don't think they have grown very much in the last three years, nipples hurting or not.  All that growth was without hormones, and now that I am on HRT, I hope that I get a little more growth out of it, but so far it is only continuation of the discomfort.  I seem to be stagnant at a 34 B cup size.  I would not mind a C, but not much more than that.  I have some cis friends with DD's, and they are always complaining about their boob size.

And yes, bouncing may be fun at the beginning, but it gets pretty uncomfortable after a while!

Mine are negligible at best. They seem to go in spurts though. The last month or so I have seen some growth, but nothing worth writing home about. But they are at least now very noticeable no matter what I wear from loose hoodies to tight tanks. But it’s only been 7+ months. So I still have a ways to go before I get upset with what I get. My mom is rather busty but her sister isn’t. And my dads family are either dd+ or pine boards. So I have no clue where I’ll end up. No sisters either. What I really want is for my nipples to get bigger. They haven’t changed at all yet. Everyone says they see change there. But not me. Same old boy looking nips. Maybe they’re just taking their time. 

But no matter what happens it’s light years ahead of the hard square pecs I used to sport. So I take solace in that. :) 

Just now, Linde said:

I feel sorry for you girls!  I have never been unemployed for a single day in my life, and worked for my last employer for 33 years.

I can't even imagine how it must feel to all of a sudden standing in front of nothing!  That in addition with the problem being trans bring along!  I congratulate you that you mastered this!  That has to be said, you girls are great! (and pretty soon,  Rithia will be thinner than I)

I don't know what is going on with my breasts, I don't think they have grown very much in the last three years, nipples hurting or not.  All that growth was without hormones, and now that I am on HRT, I hope that I get a little more growth out of it, but so far it is only continuation of the discomfort.  I seem to be stagnant at a 34 B cup size.  I would not mind a C, but not much more than that.  I have some cis friends with DD's, and they are always complaining about their boob size.

And yes, bouncing may be fun at the beginning, but it gets pretty uncomfortable after a while!

It is not the first time I lost a job. I was laid off once right right before SRS/GCS along with three other people. It sucked but I was the last programmer hired so the first out the door. I was doing contract work GWU at the time so it wasn't a huge deal the last week before SRS but I had no safety net after heading up to Pennsylvania for the procedure.

Then I was fired from another company for performance reasons which was a load of bull. What actually happened is my boss was hitting on me and he made passes. I rejected him and complained to the owner since the company didn't have an HR department. He then went into my records and found out I was trans and did everything he could to get me fired and eventually got his way after he outed me to the entire company. However I sued them and while I only got enough money to cover my legal expenses I did put the company out of business.

The last one was simply the company mislead me into their thinking that they where stable and they where anything but. The owner picked two other guys over me despite me being better rounded and the better programmer because they where men. Seriously... I guess I should be flattered sort of. Then both quit and I was brought back doing the three jobs worth of work and the owner apologized to me about furloughing me but he didn't help me with the mess he caused so I left for an actual stable position in Plano Texas. I'm very happy where I am at right now and in the long run I think this might be the last time I have to start a new job. :D

• Forum Moderator

First, I think this latest conversation has shown that people who are dedicated to themselves will come out ahead, even if it takes a while.  Keep your focus! 

I've been on E for three years and growth does ebb and flow.  Being lean (thin) I didn't expect too much but I'm happy.  Recently I've had some pain and the girls are filling out.  Remember Puberty takes years!  

Mine look sort of like the early buds on young girls if I’m lying down, there’s some jiggle there if I exercise but nothing to write home about. I’m really looking forward to them getting an extra boost. For now I would just be happy if the nipples grow larger, they do look and feel more feminine than before but only slightly. 

I’ve been unemployed several times and been homeless 3 times. Two of those times were in the same city out east. One was in a city out west where I had family but they refused to keep me from being homeless and actually dropped me off at a shelter. 

Since I have been here, I’ve been trying to find stability for the last 8 years and I’m still trying. It’s probably better that I am alone though because when I allow other people into my life I end up getting ruined. A lot of people tell me to pick better friends but you can’t predict what people will do, some were family and I’ve simply had a rough time with some horrible people that didn’t seem horrible right away. Part of me thinks it’s just life giving me a huge clue that I’ve been running from the real me. So I’m going to stop fighting it and try again. I think that once I follow that reality I’m going to be much happier and more successful in life. Sure it sucks to have problems but I’m already happier just by acknowledging my true self and determining to stick to transition.

I’m also looking for trans friendly employers so I don’t get fired for being transgender, which I suspect happened before I had to stop HRT last time. I’m trying to learn from the past and not repeat it. 

28 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Mine look sort of like the early buds on young girls if I’m lying down, there’s some jiggle there if I exercise but nothing to write home about. I’m really looking forward to them getting an extra boost. For now I would just be happy if the nipples grow larger, they do look and feel more feminine than before but only slightly. 

I’ve been unemployed several times and been homeless 3 times. Two of those times were in the same city out east. One was in a city out west where I had family but they refused to keep me from being homeless and actually dropped me off at a shelter. 

Since I have been here, I’ve been trying to find stability for the last 8 years and I’m still trying. It’s probably better that I am alone though because when I allow other people into my life I end up getting ruined. A lot of people tell me to pick better friends but you can’t predict what people will do, some were family and I’ve simply had a rough time with some horrible people that didn’t seem horrible right away. Part of me thinks it’s just life giving me a huge clue that I’ve been running from the real me. So I’m going to stop fighting it and try again. I think that once I follow that reality I’m going to be much happier and more successful in life. Sure it sucks to have problems but I’m already happier just by acknowledging my true self and determining to stick to transition.

I’m also looking for trans friendly employers so I don’t get fired for being transgender, which I suspect happened before I had to stop HRT last time. I’m trying to learn from the past and not repeat it. 

Remember, not all women have real large nipples!  My ex has medium sized ones, and so do I.  Not really much larger than a good sized typical male nipple.  But my male nipple was always very little.
So don't hop for something you may never get, it is like with the aureoles, some women have very large ones, some have no bigger ones than your average guy has.   It is as is with the breast size, you get what you get!

I do some coaching and mentoring for women who lost all their confidence because of abusive situations.  It seems as if you would need a good mentor who helps you to find yourself again, and helps you to get back onto your feet again.
Are here any trans support groups where you live, who could help you with finding a trans-freindly employer and some networking?

16 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Thats rough. Thankfully I have never been homeless just away from home extended periods of time. Here's hoping that things go smoother from here on out.

1 hour ago, Linde said:

I do some coaching and mentoring for women who lost all their confidence because of abusive situations.  It seems as if you would need a good mentor who helps you to find yourself again, and helps you to get back onto your feet again.
Are here any trans support groups where you live, who could help you with finding a trans-freindly employer and some networking?

I attended a support group a couple weeks ago but the last one was supposedly canceled because of a disruptive person who was attending. I did get some information about insurance options but some of the questions I asked were passed over and I didn’t get anyone’s phone number, which would have been nice if only to make sure that the meeting was still going to happen. I’m not the kind of person that calls people unless it’s really necessary. I’m going to try attending again next weekend but I’m not sure if it’s going to be in session. One of the issues is everything is on Facebook and all the accounts I ever used were closed down one by one during my inability to access them so that does me no good.

I’m not really worried about breast size right now, because I still need to get back on HRT so if my current development is any indication then I’ll probably be pleasantly surprised. One of the possible avenues for at least information is planned parenthood. I’m going to try to get there next week because last attempt I got caught in the rain and my feet were too cold to go so I went home. 

I haven’t lost confidence, I’m just very careful about who I trust now. It’s going to take a lot of trust building before I let people into my life where they know my secrets. I always keep people at a comfortable distance. If they push too hard then I take that as disrespect and back off. One thing I don’t tolerate is when people try to violate boundaries, especially when they are discussed several times. I guess I’m recovering from people who try to make me do things that I don’t want to do. It’s happened a lot in the past few years.

14 hours ago, Kirsten said:

What I really want is for my nipples to get bigger. They haven’t changed at all yet.

I'm with you there! It's been 16 months on HRT and I still have those blasted guy nipples. Although I know we all progress at different speeds, I still find myself jealous of those who are way ahead of me in that department. ? Sure wish the boob fairy would visit soon to help the nipples,  I am a 'b" ao that part is coming along well. Hoping for a "c" and maybe somewhere between a "c" and "d".

I’ve been reading clinical studies on what scientists think effects breast growth and development. It’s pretty clear that IGF-1 and progesterone both play a critical role in breast development. Your doctor can put you on progesterone but IGF-1 is something that is determined by your body and I’m not sure how to make sure that it’s being secreted properly. For girls going through puberty IGF-1 is a synergistic hormone for breast development. Later once they reach maturity progesterone cycles for 5 days a month during their period and helps mammary glands swell. 

So IGF-1 helps build non fatty breast tissue and progesterone builds the glands and ducts. 

I’m really hoping that once I finally get back on HRT I will be taking progesterone. I’m still reading about IGF-1 but there’s not much information about it anywhere. I’m sure gnc or some bodybuilding shop has shakes for that but I’m not really interested in looking like the hulk.

11 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I attended a support group a couple weeks ago but the last one was supposedly canceled because of a disruptive person who was attending. I did get some information about insurance options but some of the questions I asked were passed over and I didn’t get anyone’s phone number, which would have been nice if only to make sure that the meeting was still going to happen. I’m not the kind of person that calls people unless it’s really necessary. I’m going to try attending again next weekend but I’m not sure if it’s going to be in session. One of the issues is everything is on Facebook and all the accounts I ever used were closed down one by one during my inability to access them so that does me no good.

I’m not really worried about breast size right now, because I still need to get back on HRT so if my current development is any indication then I’ll probably be pleasantly surprised. One of the possible avenues for at least information is planned parenthood. I’m going to try to get there next week because last attempt I got caught in the rain and my feet were too cold to go so I went home. 

I haven’t lost confidence, I’m just very careful about who I trust now. It’s going to take a lot of trust building before I let people into my life where they know my secrets. I always keep people at a comfortable distance. If they push too hard then I take that as disrespect and back off. One thing I don’t tolerate is when people try to violate boundaries, especially when they are discussed several times. I guess I’m recovering from people who try to make me do things that I don’t want to do. It’s happened a lot in the past few years.

You are very typical to the women we work with.  All of us have been there, done that in some way or shape.  We mostly try to convey the ways we got out of the problems, and try to help (actively and passively) the women who come to us to get out of their current, undesired position.  We provide them with brand new, in style business clothing and accessories, and have fashion experts (several former beauty queens) to develop the appropriate style for each person. We provide certain skill training , etc.  Everything is free of charge to the women, we are fully funded by donations (all the workers are volunteers, working free of charge), and we have some wealthy doors, who seem to love to support women's lib issues!  It is always amazing seeing a woman coming in as a little, beaten down gray mouse, leaving as a beautiful and confident woman!

I am in the process to develop something in our program that addresses the sometimes special needs of trans women, because we are of the opinion that trans women are as much as a women as cis women are!  And we are there to help women!

I would appreciate any kind of input for this, what you feel what we should do specifically for our trans sisters!

Concerning your support group, do you girls have a facilitator or leader?  You might be able to contact this person?  Or do they have a website?  i would be careful with Facebook, because everybody and her dog can see what is going on there, if they work hard enough at it.  I don't even mention anything about trans on my FB Wall, because there are a lot of -excited- guys out there who are looking for Chicks with D*** or LadyBoys!  And they stalk you!

Be aware that Planned Parenthood is not for free for non cis women.  They do have some qualified people there, but  I found that it is hard to get in sometimes not being a young cis woman in need for reproductive help!

2 hours ago, BrandiBri said:

I'm with you there! It's been 16 months on HRT and I still have those blasted guy nipples. Although I know we all progress at different speeds, I still find myself jealous of those who are way ahead of me in that department. ? Sure wish the boob fairy would visit soon to help the nipples,  I am a 'b" ao that part is coming along well. Hoping for a "c" and maybe somewhere between a "c" and "d".

My breasts are growing for several years now, but my nipples are not really that large either, probably double the size than my tiny guy nipples were.  My ex who defiantly was a very girly woman, did not have large nipples either!

Linde, there’s a place like what you described in Kansas City called the transgender institute. They do something similar however I have no idea exactly what services they offer. I didn’t get the facilitators number for group because everyone left in a hurry. It’s a mixed group so there are both mtf and ftm. The facilitator/moderator is a trans man. I don’t know exactly how they run the group because they seem to rotate moderators. It’s only been one visit.

• Forum Moderator

I have little breasts right now with out any HRT or anything. Maybe just old age. I am looking forward to the girls coming. Along with other HRT changes. I keep wanting to get a proper bra fitting but once on HRT. It will change.

Found out today that change of provider could take up to a month. But normally doesn't take that long.

Kymmie