Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Voice Hurdle Completed WOW!!!!

Recommended Posts

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

After so many years of having no luck in feminising my voice, what do yah know the app I downloaded quite a few months ago has finally delivered results.. I now have my own voice and Melissa now has her own voice too now WOW...  I cannot believe it as seems I have finally cracked the secret of feminising my voice. Happy days....

 

When out now will be giving it the field test.. I am more than sure it will pass.  though will be careful of getting my inflections correct etc..

 

If it does pass i will be every bit the woman i want and need to be..   That will be the cream on my preverbial cake.

 

I will be putting some videos too not only me running my feminised voice, but also my normal voice and also video instruction on (If you need it) Instruction to assist you in feminising yours too.

 

Plus being definently Scene myself now, i love to get out... boring weather though pah pah pah nada nada nada lol, so cold, so still, so wet...arghhhhhhh lol  I await with baited breath for my favourite stormy weather to begin... am I the only one that loves stormy weather...ever since i was little i loved it... never was scared of it.      HIgh winds, Rough sea,  just love the exhilleration and exitement of it all... I guess if i am the only one who actually enjoys this weather and being out in it, i must be either unique, stupid or just wierd lol.. heck it's me, just being me...

 

Simply making the best of Bad weather lol

 

Warm Regards

 

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Josie Beth

I’m really excited to see you ecstatic about your voice! 

Share this post


Link to post
DeeDee
1 hour ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

HIgh winds, Rough sea,  just love the exhilleration and exitement of it all... I guess if i am the only one who actually enjoys this weather and being out in it, i must be either unique, stupid or just wierd lol.. heck it's me, just being me...

I love being out in the rain - I used to tell myself it was because all the idiots would stay inside leaving me alone to enjoy it!  Though I admit being able to go back inside and change into dry clothes in a warm house makes all the difference.  Well done on finding your voice!

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Made a video today, voice was fine, except my dress top slipped down er no way uploading that, will try again shortly..if all else fails an audio file instead for now..

 

Regards Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
jae bear

  Hey Melissa, 

 awesome job on the voice, what an accomplishment! I find the hardest part for me is just maintaining my pitch but I think I’m my own worst critic because all I get is ma’amed anyway... I was talking to my electrologist about an upcoming consult for vocal feminization surgery but she really does not want me to do that and doesn’t know why I’m thinking about it, but I honestly feel it would make me feel a lot better, pitch being the one thing that bugs me the most... my daily tuneup consists of bringing my vocal pitch up to 700 Hz, that’s my topend ceiling most of the time and allows me to reach the right vocal pitch a little easier but I think I worry about this too much since my tone, prosody and cadence seem to be fine, just as they pretty much have always been, but we all feel self-conscious about something and I often feel that my pitch is just not right...

Turn that file into an audio girl!  I often just video myself reading a book for a few minutes so I have something to compare with. 

You are definitely not alone loving storms, I am loving the wet weather right now and adore waking up to the sound of the rain on my rooftop, coming home late at night with my little AWD XC Volvo, it’s brights lighting the wet muddy road all the way home, traveling through the biggest mud puddles and getting across that barely passable culvert passing which will probably get washed out tonight due to some heavy storms that are hitting the area. The culvert passing was washed out a week or so ago on the last storm B766A9B1-799C-4B39-AFF1-BE3387B7FF1F.thumb.jpeg.ca9542c2d86d072b385ae71e3baa4bf8.jpegso I jumped my minivan across it, not a good idea, I’ve seen some pictures now of somebody else who tried to do that and ended up floating all the way to the damn and getting in a lot of trouble. I will say though that my cross country all-wheel-drive Volvo station wagon really gets the job done,  it loves the wet weather and stormyness just as much as I do !

 Hugs, 

 Jackie 

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

Jackie, I have heard only cautionary tales about the vocal surgeries. Seems almost nobody recommends it. One tiny mistake and you’re screwed for life! If you’re already only maamed idk. It’s a lot of risk for something you seemingly don’t really need. I’d at least put in the time and effort with a vocal coach for a few months first. They seem to do wonders and no worry of being silent or worse forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Jani

The thing to remember is you will need voice therapy to train yourself to use your new voice and not hurt it.  It's not a zero sum game where the surgery 'fixes" your voice and that's that.   Kirsten's advice is good.  Spend some time with a good vocal coach to determine where your "current" voice can take you.  You may be surprised! 

Jani

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
Just now, Kirsten said:

Jackie, I have heard only cautionary tales about the vocal surgeries. Seems almost nobody recommends it. One tiny mistake and you’re screwed for life! If you’re already only maamed idk. It’s a lot of risk for something you seemingly don’t really need. I’d at least put in the time and effort with a vocal coach for a few months first. They seem to do wonders and no worry of being silent or worse forever. 

I am fully with you.  The voice surgery (shortening the vocal cords) is not a science but an empirical experiment, because scaring is hard to control, and not everybody scars the same way!

I rather would talk with the deepest voice ever than not being able to talk at all!

 

My natural voice is in the lower female pitch range  (I normally sing with a mezzo soprano voice), so the pitch is no problem for me.  My problem is the typical m ale speech pattern, and that gives me away.  i have to concentrate very hard to use the female speech pattern.  It is easier if I talk with a group of women, but as soon as men are participating in a conversation, i slip back into the male pattern.

 

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hiya All

If you want to improve your voice, then if on android mobile then go t Google Play then search for Voice Pitch Analyser.  Its a really handy app and its helped me.   The app needs access to your phones microphone.  You press microphone symbol and read some text provided by the app, press stop when finished and it will show you if ypur voice is more to male or female or androgynous ok.

I found it a very handy app.  I hit above female which must be quite rare.

 

Regards. 

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
Just now, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Hiya All

If you want to improve your voice, then if on android mobile then go t Google Play then search for Voice Pitch Analyser.  Its a really handy app and its helped me.   The app needs access to your phones microphone.  You press microphone symbol and read some text provided by the app, press stop when finished and it will show you if ypur voice is more to male or female or androgynous ok.

I found it a very handy app.  I hit above female which must be quite rare.

 

Regards. 

Melissa

I am using this App for quite q while now, and I try to train my voice to get higher in pitch than my natural pith is.

I slowly get the feeling , as if I know the good Dorian Gray in person!

 

The danger is that one starts to sound phony trying to reach the high pitch levels.  The average of my natural voice seems to be +/- 200 Hz, which is about in the middle of the female voice range.  But even during my manliest of all manly days, I had never a deep voice, and could never sing lower than a rather high pitch baritone (and my throat did hurt after this).  Not only the looks of my body was slightly on the rather girlish side, but my voice was there, too.

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt
Just now, Linde said:

I am using this App for quite q while now, and I try to train my voice to get higher in pitch than my natural pith is.

I slowly get the feeling , as if I know the good Dorian Gray in person!

 

The danger is that one starts to sound phony trying to reach the high pitch levels.  The average of my natural voice seems to be +/- 200 Hz, which is about in the middle of the female voice range.  But even during my manliest of all manly days, I had never a deep voice, and could never sing lower than a rather high pitch baritone (and my throat did hurt after this).  Not only the looks of my body was slightly on the rather girlish side, but my voice was there, too.

Hi linde

I had 255 the max and that amazed me...generally well into female zone without trying that hard.    Well done for you...it"s quite a good app.

 

Warm regards

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

Most important thing to remember is the larynx voice box is a complex set of muscles, and like all muscles they need training with pushing on an occasional basis by taking voice level up one level at a time and keeping progress comfortable, its taken me loads of practice and patience.....bags of determination... You will get to your goal....:)

 

Regards

Melissa

 

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt
5 hours ago, jae bear said:

  Hey Melissa, 

 awesome job on the voice, what an accomplishment! I find the hardest part for me is just maintaining my pitch but I think I’m my own worst critic because all I get is ma’amed anyway... I was talking to my electrologist about an upcoming consult for vocal feminization surgery but she really does not want me to do that and doesn’t know why I’m thinking about it, but I honestly feel it would make me feel a lot better, pitch being the one thing that bugs me the most... my daily tuneup consists of bringing my vocal pitch up to 700 Hz, that’s my topend ceiling most of the time and allows me to reach the right vocal pitch a little easier but I think I worry about this too much since my tone, prosody and cadence seem to be fine, just as they pretty much have always been, but we all feel self-conscious about something and I often feel that my pitch is just not right...

Turn that file into an audio girl!  I often just video myself reading a book for a few minutes so I have something to compare with. 

You are definitely not alone loving storms, I am loving the wet weather right now and adore waking up to the sound of the rain on my rooftop, coming home late at night with my little AWD XC Volvo, it’s brights lighting the wet muddy road all the way home, traveling through the biggest mud puddles and getting across that barely passable culvert passing which will probably get washed out tonight due to some heavy storms that are hitting the area. The culvert passing was washed out a week or so ago on the last storm B766A9B1-799C-4B39-AFF1-BE3387B7FF1F.thumb.jpeg.ca9542c2d86d072b385ae71e3baa4bf8.jpegso I jumped my minivan across it, not a good idea, I’ve seen some pictures now of somebody else who tried to do that and ended up floating all the way to the damn and getting in a lot of trouble. I will say though that my cross country all-wheel-drive Volvo station wagon really gets the job done,  it loves the wet weather and stormyness just as much as I do !

 Hugs, 

 Jackie 

Hi Jackie

Concentrate more on pacing you speed of speech to slower than normal and keep practicing till consistancy is naturally gained.  Once achieved then work back to natural speed of your speech. By doing that then i feel sure you'll have a far better chance of success ok

Regards

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
7 minutes ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Hi linde

I had 255 the max and that amazed me...generally well into female zone without trying that hard.    Well done for you...it"s quite a good app.

 

Warm regards

Melissa

On some good speech days, I can reach about 260 Hz without sounding strained, but humidity and time of the day has to be right for this.  My goal is to remain in the mid to lower range of the female voice, because older women have mostly a little lower voice than younger women.

But as I said, one  should not forget the speech pattern, and that is purely a learned behavior which needs to be unlearned for the male side, and relearned for the female side.

And that is, where  still struggle!

Share this post


Link to post
Beverly

Voice is what I'm currently working to improve. Pitch is only one part of feminine sounding speech and higher pitch alone doesn't do the trick and can make matters worse by sounding cartoonish or unnatural. I tested my pitch with the app, and it was in the female range. There are SO many other factors to sounding naturally female, e.g., timbre, vertical and horizontal planes of resonance, head voice vs. chest voice, breath in speech, mouth shape and so on. I have a great voice coach who teaches private lessons via Skype. You'll quickly learn the anatomy and physiology of how voice is produced. Knowing this actually helps you. You don't need surgery. It usually doesn't help much any way. If anyone is interested in checking her out let me know. I was passable and sustainable after only three lessons. Her fees are reasonable. Passing visually is only part of it. If the voice isn't feminine, you're going to get clocked. Moderators, I don't think we're supposed to use the site to promote something, so I'm not posting her information here.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

    • Abi
    • Robin.C
    • Katharina
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      71,656
    • Total Posts
      652,154
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      7,230
    • Most Online
      8,356

    carlly
    Newest Member
    carlly
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. -Lucky_Deity-
      -Lucky_Deity-
      (23 years old)
    2. Violet_R
      Violet_R
      (24 years old)
  • Posts

    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex We all do that. Jackie is right it dose  take a lot of confidence and courage to wake up and be happy with you.  I know that sounds like some stupid Hallmark bull, but 2 yr ago i was ready to end it. I get the bills the booze  and wrote out a will. I took the bills drank the booze. Had the craziest nightmare. The next day i did not die,, i piss off. But it gave me some hope. Today i still get depress but not as bad and i stop judge myself against other CIS. Just head down , work save,  continue to fight  medical for my surgeries and work out.   Be safe, be proud and be happy being you            
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Emily! on your commitment to self improvement and the opportunity for compassionate service to your fellow human beings. You've made a great choice.  Now, go and get it❣️
    • KayC
      That's a great post @Sandra6sandy9sand!  thank you for sharing your thoughts and connecting with what I am sure many of us are feeling. Regardless of our personal situations or differences, if somebody cannot see how interconnected we are by Covid and societies problems then they are truly lost.  This is actually a great opportunity for a fundamental change in America's "constitution" and direction (i.e., America's social conscious and morality ... not the actual Constitution... I agree it hasn't changed)   VOTE 2020❣️  
    • KayC
      That's a great attitude Leah, and that you have been able to settle into a comfortable place.   I see the value of therapy for myself (and others here I assume) as helping us to find our inner voice and start to live truly as we feel we should.  Its difficult to sometimes deal with the negative feelings as we may try to convince ourselves that the path to our journey should follow societies expectations. I hate labels, I hate the idea that we are somehow required to declare/come out, but I also know that's the reality that society places on us. YES!  I agree❣️❣️❣️  
    • Andrea Jean
      My name was simple the female form of Andrew and used my moms middle name to honor her...
    • MomTGDaughter
      My daughter is a little shy about her transition. First of all, after nearly 5 months, she looks like a girl and hard to distinguish otherwise, especially at her young age. How did it workout for you or your daughter? School is not going to start right away in person, however it will be online and he name is very feminine. The school faculty has been updated about her new status, but the students don't know as of yet. I appreciate you sharing your experiences so I can better prepare her. 
    • HollyNoel
      OK so here might be a fun question for everyone.   After you started presenting as either a woman or man, have you ever either dated someone you knew, like a guy friend or a girl friend, or have you been hit on buy someone you knew? I would love to know if transitioning changed the friend dynamic or made old friends think differently about you. You don't have to respond and you don't have to get specific with any details. I'm just curious if old friends see you as a completely different person after your transition.
    • TransMex
      I compare the way I look with how other women look a lot. That's practically all I do all day at this point. I want to look like them.
    • HollyNoel
      Bri2020, I wish you luck, just know that what ever happens, you have us to get support from.. Did you like the duct tape hair removal thing.. lol
    • HollyNoel
      I had my first gender therapy session last Tuesday. I told her thatb I've always known that I was a girl fron the youngest age and that I wished I could have switched places with my sister. I told her that when I finally told my mom I felt like a giant crushing weight had been lifted off my chest. At this point in my life I feel I'm ready to have the surgery but I know they want to make sure I'm sure thats what I really want. I feel that that is the best course of action. I may feel I'm ready but I haven't even lived as a woman yet. Though I still feel I'm ready. I wont regret having it. Been a dream of mine since I was 12.
    • Bri2020
      I'm in the hair removal process anyways so.....     Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Lots to think about.
    • Jani
      Good for you!  👏  Thanks for getting involved. 
    • Jani
      Some do not like that the WPATH protocols and look at them as gatekeeping.  But the time required to get approval is done to ensure you are ready and fully understand the change.  As I told my therapist, I knew it would only change what's below my belt and that only I would know.  (unlike electrolysis or body changes from HRT).  Its doesn't change how you react to others, or any other "issues" one might have.  Those that regret surgery IMO are those who have not prepared and been honest with themselves.  Obviously living as a woman has its good and bad sides.  After all we live in a male dominated society.  That said, I don't believe anyone here has any regrets!  I certainly don't.
    • HollyNoel
      When I'm ready to come out on social media I'm just going to rip that duct tape right off and who ever decides they don't want to be around me or talk to me then I'm just going to let them go. There was only one person I was scared to tell and that was bmy mom, everyone else can just go lick a pickle! I can't keep caring about what people think of me. If they cared then they would be supportive and not judge me because of who I am on the outside. I'm still me, the wrapper doesn't change the candy bar. It's still the same candy on the inside. So for me at least, when it comes to social media, I'm just going to put it out there and whatever hair comes off with that sticky duct tape will have to just go.
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
      Thank you Jani and Sally,   We are all in this together. The woman I am wants to do something to help make things better. I know I can’t do anything about COVID other than wear a mask and be careful.   I’m going to work at our precinct for voting again in November. I feel that this is my little part to make sure that anyone who wants to vote has a chance.   Love and Hugs   Sandra
  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...