Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Voice Hurdle Completed WOW!!!!

Recommended Posts

MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

After so many years of having no luck in feminising my voice, what do yah know the app I downloaded quite a few months ago has finally delivered results.. I now have my own voice and Melissa now has her own voice too now WOW...  I cannot believe it as seems I have finally cracked the secret of feminising my voice. Happy days....

 

When out now will be giving it the field test.. I am more than sure it will pass.  though will be careful of getting my inflections correct etc..

 

If it does pass i will be every bit the woman i want and need to be..   That will be the cream on my preverbial cake.

 

I will be putting some videos too not only me running my feminised voice, but also my normal voice and also video instruction on (If you need it) Instruction to assist you in feminising yours too.

 

Plus being definently Scene myself now, i love to get out... boring weather though pah pah pah nada nada nada lol, so cold, so still, so wet...arghhhhhhh lol  I await with baited breath for my favourite stormy weather to begin... am I the only one that loves stormy weather...ever since i was little i loved it... never was scared of it.      HIgh winds, Rough sea,  just love the exhilleration and exitement of it all... I guess if i am the only one who actually enjoys this weather and being out in it, i must be either unique, stupid or just wierd lol.. heck it's me, just being me...

 

Simply making the best of Bad weather lol

 

Warm Regards

 

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Josie Beth

I’m really excited to see you ecstatic about your voice! 

Share this post


Link to post
DeeDee
1 hour ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

HIgh winds, Rough sea,  just love the exhilleration and exitement of it all... I guess if i am the only one who actually enjoys this weather and being out in it, i must be either unique, stupid or just wierd lol.. heck it's me, just being me...

I love being out in the rain - I used to tell myself it was because all the idiots would stay inside leaving me alone to enjoy it!  Though I admit being able to go back inside and change into dry clothes in a warm house makes all the difference.  Well done on finding your voice!

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Made a video today, voice was fine, except my dress top slipped down er no way uploading that, will try again shortly..if all else fails an audio file instead for now..

 

Regards Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
jae bear

  Hey Melissa, 

 awesome job on the voice, what an accomplishment! I find the hardest part for me is just maintaining my pitch but I think I’m my own worst critic because all I get is ma’amed anyway... I was talking to my electrologist about an upcoming consult for vocal feminization surgery but she really does not want me to do that and doesn’t know why I’m thinking about it, but I honestly feel it would make me feel a lot better, pitch being the one thing that bugs me the most... my daily tuneup consists of bringing my vocal pitch up to 700 Hz, that’s my topend ceiling most of the time and allows me to reach the right vocal pitch a little easier but I think I worry about this too much since my tone, prosody and cadence seem to be fine, just as they pretty much have always been, but we all feel self-conscious about something and I often feel that my pitch is just not right...

Turn that file into an audio girl!  I often just video myself reading a book for a few minutes so I have something to compare with. 

You are definitely not alone loving storms, I am loving the wet weather right now and adore waking up to the sound of the rain on my rooftop, coming home late at night with my little AWD XC Volvo, it’s brights lighting the wet muddy road all the way home, traveling through the biggest mud puddles and getting across that barely passable culvert passing which will probably get washed out tonight due to some heavy storms that are hitting the area. The culvert passing was washed out a week or so ago on the last storm B766A9B1-799C-4B39-AFF1-BE3387B7FF1F.thumb.jpeg.ca9542c2d86d072b385ae71e3baa4bf8.jpegso I jumped my minivan across it, not a good idea, I’ve seen some pictures now of somebody else who tried to do that and ended up floating all the way to the damn and getting in a lot of trouble. I will say though that my cross country all-wheel-drive Volvo station wagon really gets the job done,  it loves the wet weather and stormyness just as much as I do !

 Hugs, 

 Jackie 

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

Jackie, I have heard only cautionary tales about the vocal surgeries. Seems almost nobody recommends it. One tiny mistake and you’re screwed for life! If you’re already only maamed idk. It’s a lot of risk for something you seemingly don’t really need. I’d at least put in the time and effort with a vocal coach for a few months first. They seem to do wonders and no worry of being silent or worse forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Jani

The thing to remember is you will need voice therapy to train yourself to use your new voice and not hurt it.  It's not a zero sum game where the surgery 'fixes" your voice and that's that.   Kirsten's advice is good.  Spend some time with a good vocal coach to determine where your "current" voice can take you.  You may be surprised! 

Jani

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
Just now, Kirsten said:

Jackie, I have heard only cautionary tales about the vocal surgeries. Seems almost nobody recommends it. One tiny mistake and you’re screwed for life! If you’re already only maamed idk. It’s a lot of risk for something you seemingly don’t really need. I’d at least put in the time and effort with a vocal coach for a few months first. They seem to do wonders and no worry of being silent or worse forever. 

I am fully with you.  The voice surgery (shortening the vocal cords) is not a science but an empirical experiment, because scaring is hard to control, and not everybody scars the same way!

I rather would talk with the deepest voice ever than not being able to talk at all!

 

My natural voice is in the lower female pitch range  (I normally sing with a mezzo soprano voice), so the pitch is no problem for me.  My problem is the typical m ale speech pattern, and that gives me away.  i have to concentrate very hard to use the female speech pattern.  It is easier if I talk with a group of women, but as soon as men are participating in a conversation, i slip back into the male pattern.

 

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hiya All

If you want to improve your voice, then if on android mobile then go t Google Play then search for Voice Pitch Analyser.  Its a really handy app and its helped me.   The app needs access to your phones microphone.  You press microphone symbol and read some text provided by the app, press stop when finished and it will show you if ypur voice is more to male or female or androgynous ok.

I found it a very handy app.  I hit above female which must be quite rare.

 

Regards. 

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
Just now, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Hiya All

If you want to improve your voice, then if on android mobile then go t Google Play then search for Voice Pitch Analyser.  Its a really handy app and its helped me.   The app needs access to your phones microphone.  You press microphone symbol and read some text provided by the app, press stop when finished and it will show you if ypur voice is more to male or female or androgynous ok.

I found it a very handy app.  I hit above female which must be quite rare.

 

Regards. 

Melissa

I am using this App for quite q while now, and I try to train my voice to get higher in pitch than my natural pith is.

I slowly get the feeling , as if I know the good Dorian Gray in person!

 

The danger is that one starts to sound phony trying to reach the high pitch levels.  The average of my natural voice seems to be +/- 200 Hz, which is about in the middle of the female voice range.  But even during my manliest of all manly days, I had never a deep voice, and could never sing lower than a rather high pitch baritone (and my throat did hurt after this).  Not only the looks of my body was slightly on the rather girlish side, but my voice was there, too.

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt
Just now, Linde said:

I am using this App for quite q while now, and I try to train my voice to get higher in pitch than my natural pith is.

I slowly get the feeling , as if I know the good Dorian Gray in person!

 

The danger is that one starts to sound phony trying to reach the high pitch levels.  The average of my natural voice seems to be +/- 200 Hz, which is about in the middle of the female voice range.  But even during my manliest of all manly days, I had never a deep voice, and could never sing lower than a rather high pitch baritone (and my throat did hurt after this).  Not only the looks of my body was slightly on the rather girlish side, but my voice was there, too.

Hi linde

I had 255 the max and that amazed me...generally well into female zone without trying that hard.    Well done for you...it"s quite a good app.

 

Warm regards

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt

Hi all

Most important thing to remember is the larynx voice box is a complex set of muscles, and like all muscles they need training with pushing on an occasional basis by taking voice level up one level at a time and keeping progress comfortable, its taken me loads of practice and patience.....bags of determination... You will get to your goal....:)

 

Regards

Melissa

 

Share this post


Link to post
MelissaAndProudOfIt
5 hours ago, jae bear said:

  Hey Melissa, 

 awesome job on the voice, what an accomplishment! I find the hardest part for me is just maintaining my pitch but I think I’m my own worst critic because all I get is ma’amed anyway... I was talking to my electrologist about an upcoming consult for vocal feminization surgery but she really does not want me to do that and doesn’t know why I’m thinking about it, but I honestly feel it would make me feel a lot better, pitch being the one thing that bugs me the most... my daily tuneup consists of bringing my vocal pitch up to 700 Hz, that’s my topend ceiling most of the time and allows me to reach the right vocal pitch a little easier but I think I worry about this too much since my tone, prosody and cadence seem to be fine, just as they pretty much have always been, but we all feel self-conscious about something and I often feel that my pitch is just not right...

Turn that file into an audio girl!  I often just video myself reading a book for a few minutes so I have something to compare with. 

You are definitely not alone loving storms, I am loving the wet weather right now and adore waking up to the sound of the rain on my rooftop, coming home late at night with my little AWD XC Volvo, it’s brights lighting the wet muddy road all the way home, traveling through the biggest mud puddles and getting across that barely passable culvert passing which will probably get washed out tonight due to some heavy storms that are hitting the area. The culvert passing was washed out a week or so ago on the last storm B766A9B1-799C-4B39-AFF1-BE3387B7FF1F.thumb.jpeg.ca9542c2d86d072b385ae71e3baa4bf8.jpegso I jumped my minivan across it, not a good idea, I’ve seen some pictures now of somebody else who tried to do that and ended up floating all the way to the damn and getting in a lot of trouble. I will say though that my cross country all-wheel-drive Volvo station wagon really gets the job done,  it loves the wet weather and stormyness just as much as I do !

 Hugs, 

 Jackie 

Hi Jackie

Concentrate more on pacing you speed of speech to slower than normal and keep practicing till consistancy is naturally gained.  Once achieved then work back to natural speed of your speech. By doing that then i feel sure you'll have a far better chance of success ok

Regards

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Linde
7 minutes ago, MelissaAndProudOfIt said:

Hi linde

I had 255 the max and that amazed me...generally well into female zone without trying that hard.    Well done for you...it"s quite a good app.

 

Warm regards

Melissa

On some good speech days, I can reach about 260 Hz without sounding strained, but humidity and time of the day has to be right for this.  My goal is to remain in the mid to lower range of the female voice, because older women have mostly a little lower voice than younger women.

But as I said, one  should not forget the speech pattern, and that is purely a learned behavior which needs to be unlearned for the male side, and relearned for the female side.

And that is, where  still struggle!

Share this post


Link to post
Beverly

Voice is what I'm currently working to improve. Pitch is only one part of feminine sounding speech and higher pitch alone doesn't do the trick and can make matters worse by sounding cartoonish or unnatural. I tested my pitch with the app, and it was in the female range. There are SO many other factors to sounding naturally female, e.g., timbre, vertical and horizontal planes of resonance, head voice vs. chest voice, breath in speech, mouth shape and so on. I have a great voice coach who teaches private lessons via Skype. You'll quickly learn the anatomy and physiology of how voice is produced. Knowing this actually helps you. You don't need surgery. It usually doesn't help much any way. If anyone is interested in checking her out let me know. I was passable and sustainable after only three lessons. Her fees are reasonable. Passing visually is only part of it. If the voice isn't feminine, you're going to get clocked. Moderators, I don't think we're supposed to use the site to promote something, so I'm not posting her information here.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 638 Guests (See full list)

    • magical realism
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      69,752
    • Total Posts
      630,404
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      6,102
    • Most Online
      8,356

    alicia024
    Newest Member
    alicia024
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. KathrynJulia
      KathrynJulia
      (65 years old)
    2. Michelle 2010
      Michelle 2010
      (10 years old)
    3. Shiratori
      Shiratori
      (48 years old)
    4. woahshutitdown
      woahshutitdown
      (29 years old)
  • Posts

    • Ronin82
      Congrats, dude!! Yeah, that first shot is scary, but sooo worth it! Looking forward to hearing about your journey.
    • TrIIIy
      Welp, I just did my first self-injection of testosterone! Super scary, but manageable.   I am going to be chronicling my transition by taking a picture of myself every week for at least a year. I hope to have a nice montage by the end of year one! I will eventually post the video on YouTube. No links, I know, but it will be there.   Excitement!
    • FrozenWinter
      Thank you for your wish! *Gives "lì xì" (lucky money)*
    • Aidan5
      Ah, confidence will help a ton. Which, recently I find myself having more confidence when he is around. I also have really bad trust and abandonment issues, which he is helping me with. I am very cautious when I like someone. It blows my mind when someone tells me that they like me. I will work on my confidence and self respect.     thank you guys a ton
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Flirting isn’t a skill. It’s a comfort level.  You have to have a few things to make it work.  You have you really be interested in the person. Not just smitten.  You have to be confident in yourself as a lovable person and someone who is also desirable.  You have to relax and let things flow.  You can not plan or act out anything anyone else has said.  It can not be forced.  It comes from inside you as a confident playfulness.  Being clever and humorous is only a small part of it. But it helps a lot.   The biggest thing is to believe in yourself and be brave.  Eventually you see it’s not hard or scary.   just be you.  
    • Robin68
      The Vietnamese in my area celebrate Tet. Have a wonderful holiday!
    • Susan R
      Hey Michelle, the heavy dose of masculinity you quoted above reminds me so much of myself and where I came from.  The description is slightly different from mine in detail but very manly, none the less. It sounds like you’re able to look past these male features to see and feel the real you. It was easier for a time growing up to conform to the expected standards set before us but as you and I have both found, it doesn’t last forever.  Eventually, a good number of us see through the mask we put on and start to take control of the situation despite what society or culture dictates.  I congratulate you on getting to this very important part of your journey.  It will make things even better if your wife accepts you as you and becomes a vital support in this journey too.  I wish you the best in either case.   Susan R🌷    
    • Lucca
      Just something I'm curious about... the three most common methods of administering estrogen are pills, patches, and shots, but from what I can gather, the three most common methods of administering testosterone are patches, shots, and skin gels that you rub in like hand sanitizer. I've never heard of testosterone pills. Anyone know why? Does testosterone not survive in the stomach to get absorbed into the blood? Or for that matter, why is there no estrogen gel? 
    • Cara
      Another update -- the problem is actually called vaginismus, and caused by contraction of the vaginal muscles making intercourse painful or not possible. It is not necessarily even related to gender surgery -- it is not uncommon in genetic women. The treatment is... dilation, even for genetic women, and can be handled by someone's regular gyn physician.
    • BEAN_CHILD
      idk whenever im flirting with me boyfriend what i usually do is make a play on words with whatever he said to me example him:the sky is so blue me:as deep a blue as your eyes him:but my eyes are brown... me:i thought they were blue from how much theyre shining flirting 101 with max lol
    • Jennifer T
      Hi @Miseria. I think I began posting in late 2009.  There were quite a few posting poetry back then.  🙂   I do enjoy the creativity that words allow.   @ToniTone, thank you.  ☺️ 
    • KymmieL
      The Cheyenne VA hospital is great as far as I am concerned. I have had no troubles at all. My Dr's are fantastic. Unfortunately they have no endo. I will be seeing the one down at the Denver VA. Good thing I get travel pay. Just recently found out that I can claim travel for any appointment at VA based on my disability percentage. My GYN's nurse found out for me.   I feel totally safe when I am at the VA. I use the ladies room. dress how I feel.of course girly.   Kymmie
    • Aidan5
      Some one hit me with the skills on how to flirt because I am terrible and I know, the new kid just laughs at my miserable attempts, I think he finds it cute that I try. Sadly I am about as smooth as sandpaper. So I tried to get revenge for him dropping his phone on me when it said "Hints" So he was dropping hints on me. So I wrote "Hints on a piece of paper and dropped it on him, for revenge. He was like "Ah, I see your true feelings." And I panicked and said "Ha, no it's just revenge from earlier." He obviously didn't believe me and just laughed. Someone please teach me how to flirt so I can compete, he is a smooth as butter! He is always trying to hold hands so I do it back, He told me to move to the back of the bus with him and I said no playfully and he said "I will kiss you right now if you don't" (Also playing) I froze up ack. I need halp haha
    • Aidan5
      Welcome to the forum Michaela!    We welcome you with opens arms and open minds, I hope you can find the same comfort I did here
    • Jackie C.
      That's the spirit! Also a good attitude when you're waiting for anything else you care to do while transitioning like getting approved for HRT or bottom surgery if you choose to pursue either of those things. Probably FFS too, but I haven't signed up for that one. I don't want to get TOO pretty. My friends would be jealous. 😘   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...