• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaryMary

Apocalypse Girl

MaryMary

I'm an apocalypse
Grim chaos and heart
Head blown, shreads appart,
Let me assemble the parts
And read on my lips :

" ... "

I was built and I was destroyed
A slave on the altar of a normality cult
An enclave for your measly abuse
A safe, even for a buse
For my humanity is now void
Rebuilt and improvised
Like truth from a tomb
Like a woman painted on the walls of her womb
By an artist that would invent realities
A dead soul carved of fatalities
A fertile soil for my growing lilies

I'm an apocalypse
Dim host of wirms and body parts
Belly blown, flowers, insects and maggots
Let me rest and rot

Read on my lips :

"Hello world"

Reborn
Was bombed and scorned
Am alone but free
Reimagined, simpler
Authentic
Me

Tessa

That is a deep poem.  When I read it it’s like a war in your soul is going on. It makes me want to first cry then shout for victory!  In the end you built your own world and now you can do what you want with it! Great poem.

Tessa

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 133 Guests (See full list)

• Mx.Drago
    • Petra Jane
    • Aidan5
    • Tori M
    • Dana Michelle
    • Mary Jane
    • JodyNZ
    • A. Dillon
    • Ethan da potato
    • KathrynnCox
    • MaryEllen
    • The Viv Element
    • Suzanne1
    • Shawn Michelle
    • VickySGV
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Emma-Jane
    Newest Member
    Emma-Jane

1. luke_b
      luke_b
      (17 years old)
    • Petra Jane
      Yep, 'fraid so. Nothing changed from Dev running things to my taking things over, and money donated will be used towards the site expenses and nothing else. And a big thank you to those people who have already  made a donation, or have promised to do so when they can. As has been said, it's NOT a condition of membership, but as Tesco (a supermarket here in the UK) says, "Every little helps".   So, to those can, a massive thank you, and to those who can't, thank you anyway for being here and making this place as special as it is.
    • Dana Michelle
      I've read that a uterine transplant costs $200,000. I've also heard that it is necessary to take immune suppressing drugs after having the transplant (which makes the patient more vulnerable to disease including some cancers), and the uterus will have to be removed once pregnancy is finished so that immune suppression drugs are no longer needed.   This article from 2012 https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/organ-transplants-without-life-long-drugs says "Patients must also take immunosuppressive drugs for the rest of their lives", though it also discusses an experimental technique to train the immune system to tolerate the new organ.   This article https://theconversation.com/stem-cells-could-regenerate-organs-but-only-if-the-body-wont-reject-them-122017 says that even tissues generated by a patient's own stem cells get rejected.   I would like to receive a uterine transplant, but in addition to cost and the immune suppressing drugs, I am concerned about how safe it is. Since a very small number of uterine transplants have been done (and probably none on transgender women), there is very little data.
    • MaryEllen
      $69.20  per month amounts to $830.40  per year. Relatively inexpensive considering what we're getting. Hopefully, enough people will step up so we can meet that goal. We realize that many just cannot afford to donate but that's ok.  Everyone is welcome whether they donate or not. All monies collected goes to the site operation. None of it goes to the staff. We're all volunteers. FYI   MaryEllen
    • Ethan da potato
      thanx, the links were really interesting I'll send him one day but not yet. I proposed to give some links but he refuses, and I actually understand like u said Mx.Drago we will do it slowly. I had a really short plan. It was to wait, leave as usual, to show him that I am still the same person ,cause THAT seemed to scare him, thank you guys, I will also, support him too cause like someone said he is also transitioning (not literally but..) I trust him, from the beginning actually, everyone told me that I should break up, that he won't change but no I trust him, and I am willing to happy by his side X)
    • Mx.Drago
      https://www.vox.com/identities/21266301/lgbtq-people-queer-spaces-coronavirus-pandemic   Was an interesting article, had interesting stories about different people dealing with the pandemic.
    • VickySGV
      Thank you for the information. I have wondered what the financial picture for this really is. 
    • KathyLauren
      Welcome Katie.   I am glad that your wife considers herself a trans ally.  It is unfortunate that she is unable to deliver on that right now.   As I am sure you realize, being trans is not something that can be quashed.  We suppress it for as long as we can, and then it comes to the surface because it can no longer stay buried.  I hope that you and your wife are able to work things out so that you are able to express yourself however you need to.   Regards, Kathy
    • KathyLauren
      My wife went to check the mailbox today.  She got all excited when she saw a letter postmarked from Liecester, England.  But then she saw that it was addressed to her, not to me.  Just a notification that her spouse had been granted a Gender Recognition Certificate.  No sign of the actual certificate yet.
    • Carolyn Marie
      There are a lot of online resources for family and allies of trans folk.  Here's just a couple:   https://pflag.org/sites/default/files/Our Trans Loved Ones.pdf   https://www.gires.org.uk/information-and-support-for-families-of-adult-transgender-non-binary-and-non-gender-people/   https://www.glaad.org/transgender/allies   If he's willing to listen and learn, you're already far ahead on the road to understanding.  Good luck.   Carolyn Marie
    • Mx.Drago
      Makes me flinch and twitch uncontrollably, thinking bout the "those days" not so long ago but thankfully getting longer still aways enough. Like a really bad amusement park date. Best not try to repeat. Though it maybe hard if the park never closes and nobodies helpful, just stuck in the maze going in circles. Like a twilight zone episode. But so long as this refined muscle in my skull still functions, will always be thinking a ways out to greener pastures cuz everybody need just be. People do crazy cuz world ain't always for hire and it takes sanity as payment, if not always time, and has ways of somehow disappointing expectations if not constantly. Totally feeling that Sisyphus. But I'm still pushing cuz this ain't no fairytale land and "hook or by crook" I'm getting to my ways best hell with time I got left.
    • Ms Maddie
      Sorry about the loss of your coworker Emily Michelle It's afternoon.  My body clock has been off for a few days at least.  My latest HRT levels are beyond my Drs experience, and are a possible factor.   My daily coffee will be mostly decaf. Weather here is sunny and warm.  Shorts.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome Kathrynn, I'm new here as well and in therapy for a whole host of things, mostly to figure out my Transgender issues that have been in my life since a very young age. Everyone that I've encountered here have been very helpful and supportive.   Best wishes,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Mmindy
      NB Adult, About moving on, there's a quote that helps me. "When moving through life, remember there is a reason why your windshield is so large and the rear view mirror is so small." -Unknown Sometimes my windshield is fogged over, but fellowship with others in a similar experience, chaplain, or counselor helps me move on as well.   Best wishes, stay positive, and safe   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Mx.Drago
      👍May fortune favor the bold and willing spirit. Just be there like normal and grow with him. The best thing is to support eachother and take your time building the basic foundations you both will need to maintain that support and comfort in happiness. Might not always work out, but if you care, you do what you can, as best you can. Just be sure not to in all excitement forget he still there, still freaking out while trying to be stoic. I'm looking at my own example, and he gets stuck being stoic while freaking out, forgetting to solve the problem so he stops freaking out, so to move on to more important things. Freaking out is a part of the exceptence, in my opinion. It's not fun but necessary to let your minds explore important questions for both your sanities sake. It's ok to freak out just not over do it, there is always uncertainty when the questions pour in, slow, deep breathes forward together. Life gives no garrantee but offers possibilities, you just need to make it more probable. But by being there with him, in affirmation helps, just be patient. It's not always easy, probably won't ever be but I wish you both the best, and that your journey be easy and safe.  
    • Kaltia_Atlas
      Ive read that article. One of the biggest issues with doing a UTx in trans women is the transferance of the vaginal tissues. Some of the tissue is not viable from living donors. And the neovagina from the penile tissue has not been verified successful.    Gene therapy would come into play by deactivating Dmrt1 and allowing Foxl2 to activate to fill in those gaps that the neovagina cannot do on its own. Also, it would help to "reform" the vaginal area and help it heal into what the front/bottom area should be after surgery.   At the least, that is what ive gathered from my research
  • Upcoming Events