• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beverly

Surgery Prep Electrolysis Experiences?

Beverly

Hi all,

I'm about to start electrolysis on the bottom surgery area, and the painful experience with my face does not give me comfort thinking about this down there. What were you post-op sisters' experiences like? Is it as much torture as the face? Did you apply numbing lotion beforehand? How many hours/sessions did you spend completing removal? What advise do you offer? It's not that I'm nervous about it. I just want to be prepared. Thanks.

Cyndee

Hi Beverly, here is my experience "down there". Everyone is different, so what worked for me may not apply to others, having said that, I was a patient of Dr Bowers, her wait queue was 18 months, I plucked the recommended areas for at least 2 years before  my GCS. This was ample time to see where I would need to repeat, and so forth, by the time I reached my date, I was clear, and Dr Bowers took care of what little may have been unseen and untouched by me, but I can tell you it worked ! I am 2 and a half years post op, with no issues down there. I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I had a very nice outcome, without electrolysis. Dr Bowers says "hair removal" is not required on her web page, each surgeon has their own recommendations however. That's my experience.

I hope you have successful outcome Beverly, that's what matters, getting to the other side and being happy with your results.

Hugs

Cynthia -

RithiaAllen
Just now, Beverly said:

Hi all,

I'm about to start electrolysis on the bottom surgery area, and the painful experience with my face does not give me comfort thinking about this down there. What were you post-op sisters' experiences like? Is it as much torture as the face? Did you apply numbing lotion beforehand? How many hours/sessions did you spend completing removal? What advise do you offer? It's not that I'm nervous about it. I just want to be prepared. Thanks.

I didn’t use anything. None of it hurt any more then the lip and chin area of the face. Also keep in mind that the surgeon performing your GCS will scrape out any remaining follicles during the procedure. So it isn’t 100% critical if you find it too painful.

Beverly

Thank you Cyndee and Rithia.

JillwasJack

Well I have never posted here until now, so with that I say Hi to all reading this post. I had a very different way of removing the hair  for my HRS ordeal with the High dollar doctors of Beverly Hills. My wondering of the hair removal were answered by me going to the office of my doctor and  laying down on a exaime table and turning my head and seeing a nurse bring in a tray with 12 needles all full of a Lidocaine  mixture to  numb all of the area down and around the penis and ball bag. Now if you don't think that's  enough to make  you want to get up and run Wow.! But after the first injection I felt no more of the next 11 shots after which I was lead to another room and  laid down legs spread and music videos on a 5foot TV screen above my head on the ceiling  with ear bubs having electrolysis for 4 hours now this was just another way some doctors do it here in Calif.  I had to go through this  4 times in 4 months once a month healing was a week but it wasn't bad at all mostly etching so this  was it. Now maybe I should  tell you i am 68 years old and 38 of these years I have lived as me a female with gender birth papers  to match so it's all worth it in the end hope you follow your heart and it will be OK.

Michelle F
On 5/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, JillwasJack said:

...I had a very different way of removing the hair  for my HRS ordeal with the High dollar doctors of Beverly Hills. My wondering of the hair removal were answered by me going to the office of my doctor and  laying down on a exaime table and turning my head and seeing a nurse bring in a tray with 12 needles all full of a Lidocaine  mixture to  numb all of the area down and around the penis and ball bag. 

My surgeon is one of those Beverly Hills Surgeons. This is exactly Dr Sinclair's MO and my response is when!!! 4 hours and done is way better than 2 hours a month.

Great info thank you.