• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A new year, a different purse

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Hi Girls, the new year got me thinking about re-organizing my life into a different purse.

I moved into this older green Dooney with shoulder strap my soul mate used for a while, and I put my charms on it (we share purses).

Show us your purse style ?

Cyndee

Dooney_green.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Having been out this morning with the weekly shop I have it handy! This is my usual. Rather plain black but good quality leather. I don't go for designer label but love well made.

Tracy

image.jpeg.054a6a562331c1cb69dc595948c0e118.jpeg

My mother swears by Dooney and Burke but I like more practical looking purses. I don’t have any pic to add but plenty of them in my bookmarks. I love the simplicity of your purse Tracy, but I tend to like them a little larger because I’m a pack rat. Yes I carry a survival kit with me lol. So I’ll probably have plenty of makeup and lotion etc. I’m also known for carrying toilet paper and wipes because bathrooms are not always stocked or very clean. For now I just have a backpack that I practically take everywhere. It’s smaller like a purse size but definitely a typical nylon backpack. 

• Forum Moderator

Here is my old Coach.  A bit beat but good leather.  Sorry the pic turned sideways somehow

5256BF84-C871-40AA-ABEC-0EF95131F7A3.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Mine tend to be practical as well.  I've found I prefer bags with inside pockets to place my card holder and change purse, etc.  I've got this Stone Mountain handbag that I love.  I have a smaller brown one also.  They have the nicest linings in beautiful colors.  

Bag.jpg.1e8163193431b9e3f1d63a34b027168b.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Very nice ladies, and thanks for sharing. I agree in that a bag should be practical, durable, I am a bit of a pack rat myself, I kept trending to larger and larger bags as time went on, then I reached a point of realizing this bag is so heavy, it could be weapon ?Then I embarked on a "downsizing" trend and now I seem to have settled on somewhere in the middle as far as size and capacity. I also have a number of black leather types, I rotate to, they go with just about anything, the "Fosil" black leather hobo was a favorite.

Hugs

C -

This is my day to day bag. It’s a little big, but 12 dollar coach bags from the consignment shop have my name all over them! Lol. DDDFB9CF-8C01-49C2-9E21-DE5A6934DA60.thumb.jpeg.912c94baf92f8e031a07564b47a4a09d.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

That's awesome Kirsten, love those colors, you know how to scare up a bargain.

I like consignment stores as well, it's the thrill of the hunt ?

Hugs

C -

Just an FYI for y'all. 

Images will post sideways if the image is too large. Anything over a meg will be assumed it was a landscape and will not fit so it rotates 1/4 turn. I found that using some thing such as an app called Photo & Picture Resizer. It's free but worth purchasing if you use smart phone camera lowers the res size and will post as is rather than rotating it...

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the tip Michelle,

I use the old fashioned "MS Office picture editor", that has a nice feature "compress image", the images I upload to this site for example are already compressed and won't hog your byte count.

Hugs

C -

• Forum Moderator

My wife prefers large bags and they weigh a ton from all the stuff she carries!  I prefer a medium sized purse but do have a few smaller bags I use from time to time.  

Cute bag Kirsten.  Those are great places to find bargains.

Yes, thanks for the tip Michelle!  So helpful.  

• Forum Moderator

Good tip Michelle. I have wondered what was happening at times. I almost always put my photos through a photo editor (usually Irfan View or Gimp). I rotate as required and reduce their size to 800 x 600 (or 800 by whtever the aspect ratio works it out as). This reduces the filesize too, and 800 x 600 is good enough for most things.

Back to bags. When I need to I also carry a canvas (shopping bag style) bag. In this I carry my showercoat and an umbrella as well as a couple of thinner cotton shopping bags for things I buy, and anything else I may need. This way I can get by with my bag not being too large and heavy.

Tracy

I wish they had gimp for iPhone. My computer is down for now but that’s my go to program for 3d textures. I kind of miss doing that on my free time because I’m more content being creative than sitting around listening to infomercials and browsing the web. Although I will admit it’s nice to come here and read threads like this about purses! 

• 2 weeks later...

So here's my purse. It's by Kipling. The gorilla is kind of their signature thing on their purses. I absolutely love this purse. It has SO. MANY. POCKETS. It has so many pockets, I forget what's in some of the pockets! 

IMG_20150106_131930895.jpg

• Forum Moderator

That does look really practical and cute Lizzie, nice to see you here in 2019, I hope you are doing well dear !

Hugs

Cynthia -

I like that. One of the ladies at work has one with about 20 pockets and it’s very durable too. 

• Forum Moderator

Good to see you Lizzy.  I love the way you added some decorations.  I enjoy personalizing my purse as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

16 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I like that. One of the ladies at work has one with about 20 pockets and it’s very durable too. 

Oh yeah! I've had this purse for several years and it's holding up very well. I think I bought it (from the website) for around $85, so it's not a high end purse but not bargain bin either. 

17 hours ago, Cyndee said:

That does look really practical and cute Lizzie, nice to see you here in 2019, I hope you are doing well dear !

Fun part is the gorilla that comes attached varies based on the purse color. So if you buy a red purse, you get a red gorilla. ?

I am doing well, thank you.

5 hours ago, Charlize said:

Good to see you Lizzy.  I love the way you added some decorations.  I enjoy personalizing my purse as well.

Unfortunately, the breast cancer ribbon has a magnetic back, so it can be easily lost during daily purse use, so I had to move that to a different place so I wouldn't lose it.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, Kirsten said:

It’s a little big, but 12 dollar coach bags from the consignment shop have my name all over them! Lol. 

Yes!  So true...  I never thought to look there for a purse but one day while treasure hunting looking for some specific types of glassware I noticed a display case at one shop with "higher end" items.  Well lo and behold and and any other cliché you can think of there were all kinds of great purses for great prices.  So now, purse shopping is included in all thrift store treasure hunting stops.  LOL

• Forum Moderator

I've found some of my favorites at Goodwill.  Recently I've bought a couple on ebay that I really like at great prices. 

• Forum Moderator

Nice Rithia :) That color goes with a lot of things....

Hugs

Cyndee -

Just now, Cyndee said:

Nice Rithia :) That color goes with a lot of things....

Hugs

Cyndee -

It’s a large reason why I like it.

When I get back to the apartment this evening I’ll share the rest of my selection I have on me.