• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tessa

New Job

Tessa

Soon I will start my new job in collections. It’s a new opportunity for me. I hope to move up eventually.  I want to use my degree.  I would find it rewarding to work in the Human Resources department. Wish me luck as I move unto a new season in my life. 

Tessa

Susan R

Congrats Tessa on your new job.  Change is sometimes a good thing.  Make the best of it and you'll be moving up for sure.  I wish you the best and I hope you have a kind and considerate boss along with your co-workers.

Susan R🌷

Tessa

Yes, but I’m also a little scared. I’m the kinda girl that wants to impress people and sometimes I build high expectations for myself. I have to give myself patience and that sometimes is hard for me. If you have the time read my poems and let me know what you think of them. I don’t have a lot of friends on the outside but I feel I have friends here. This is the first time I stayed I was a girl here. But that’s how I feel inside. When I’m alone I like to put on a dress and watch a movie and pretend I’m with someone special. Does that sound crazy to you? I have a strong desire to want to be loved. I cry a lot and sometimes I don’t know why? It’s nog like my life is horrible. I have good family accept my brothers don’t call. My bi sexual male friend is nice but he never had any money and he lives with his mom. I use to pay all the time but last night I told him no. 

My money I spend on my children. My 14 year old girl is also trans. She wants to be a boy. I try to help by buying her boy clothes cause mom won’t.  I love her so much!  She had gone through so much. My 12 yr old boy is a great kid! He loves to play Minecraft and he is such a creator! I’m not much into games. My oldest girl 16 is bi sexual but she is so smart and beautiful! They are beautiful children and I wouldn’t trade them for the world! I would do anything for them. If I transitioned all the way I fear my ex would try to take them from me. I lost them for a year through a stupid court order. I fought to get them back and at least now I see them every other weekend. I miss them though. I did everything for those kids. Sorry I’m rambling here. Just feeling the loneliness. 

Now im crying. Feeling the emotion. 

Love

Tessa

Jani

Good Luck with the new job.  Don't get dismayed if its not what you expect.  You can always move along after a period of time.  

I'm sorry to hear your ex would hold the kids hostage if you come out publicly.  How is she with your 14 year old?  

Jani

Josie Beth

Congratulations on the new job! It’s definitely going to help give a boost. 

Just a thought, but maybe the reason why we are hard on ourselves is because the people who expect so much from us are unwilling to give us the same patience they expect from us when they need it. So be patient with yourself. It’s ok to be driven but recognize your limits too.

Tessa

Thank you. I’m still waiting on my background check. I know there’s nothing there but because of the divorce I had to file for bankruptcy back in 2014. I hope they don’t count that against me. I have another job in line but it pays less. I told them to hold the position Just in case this other falls through. 2018 ended terribly for me. First someone hit my car. Then I was fired from my job. I was fired for reasons that were not my fault. It really hurt how the company treated me. First I was pulled into a little room and told I was a fraud. It was the companies fault. They gave me the money. I was being reimbursed for good grades. I was always under the impression they were loans not grants. The policy said no grants would be reimbursed. The company put the money on my check. Then they found out it was a mistake. They asked for the money back. I told them I was sorry and took out a small loan and paid them back. This was before Christmas. They took the check cashed it and gave me suspension without pay. They told me after the holidays they would decide if I could return. I didn’t know if I should buy gifts for my kiddos or not. This was going to be the first time my oldest joined our visits in 5 years! I wanted it to be so special! I didn’t even have a Christmas Tree. So I bought a small one and got only a few gifts. My ex and I trade off holidays. This was my first Christmas in 5 years with my oldest daughter! We had an amazing time even though I couldn’t give them much. The company didn’t call me so I had to drive up there and still no one told me about my job. I went home and then the call came in. Fired and not rehirable. After 4 1/2 years of faithful service. It was over. It was hard to take. I thanked him and told him thank you for giving me the opportunity to work for that company. Then job searching came. Uncle paid my Jan and Feb rent but that’s all they can do. I’m down to my last 200 dollars. Taxes are coming up and this year is my year I get to claim 1 child. I will make it. My former supervisor gave me an amazing recommendation letter. I was hurt but I am strong and I now believe in my heart I can do this next job. I do everything with excellence. That’s the story. You can give and give and it can all be taken from you but they can’t take your heart! I will always have a heart for people and live out live serving others in some compacity. I know that now. A job doesn’t define who I am. My ex doesn’t define who I am. Society doesn’t define who I am. I Am Beautiful. Intelligent. Smart. And I will come back fighting and won’t give up on myself or others. I’m determined to make a difference in this life and others or die trying. I may struggle with gender but my heart is full and will bleed for people because everyone needs love. Thank you for listening. 

Never give up, 

Love, 

Tessa❤️👩‍🦳🧗🏼‍♀️ Keep climbing! 

Tessa

I was scared there for a while but I’m all set to start Monday! I am so excited to get back to work! New job! New friends! New opportunity! 

👩‍🦳❤️

Tessa 

SaraAW

That’s great Tessa. I can remember how excited I was anytime I was starting a new job, nervous excitement for sure.

Enjoy your weekend. 

*hugs*

Tessa

3rd day on job and feeling good about it. A little nervous when it comes to quizzes though. Hope everyone is doing well! 

Love, 

Tessa 

Susan R

Glad the job is going well, @Tessa  the hard part is over.  The first few days are always awkward at a new job.  You'll be battle-hardened in no time!

Susan R🌷

Jani

Yes hang in there.  You'll do fine Tessa.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• Ms Maddie
    • A. Dillon
    • KathyLauren
    • Ryan
    • QuestioningAmber
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

thetundrawolf
    Newest Member
    thetundrawolf

1. CaptainC_Cookies
      CaptainC_Cookies
    2. ElianaKhan
      ElianaKhan
    3. Katincrisis
      Katincrisis
      (42 years old)
    4. mara13
      mara13
      (49 years old)
    • Cyndee
      Gratitude, a lovely expression
    • Cyndee
      me 2     I love frisbee Dee, and also keep several discs here. Nothing as fun as frisbee disc tossing with friends at the beach, a lovely pastime. I'll gladly toss it with you sometime   Hugs   Cyndee    
    • Ms Maddie
      How many times have I been in my knees, begging God to fix me and everything??  Begging.   Five hundred?   How many times have I cursed God, thrown vile swear words at Jesus, God, whoever for not fixing me and the world?,( in my timing and in ways that I could see it) Fifty?   How many times have I asked the name of Jesus, God, and angels to save me and keep my eternal soul? Five?   I love angels and they love me! Sometimes they show this love by interfering.   Do I believe? I say yes, but I must try to do so at times.   Praise the Lord for making me a girl that is becoming a woman!!
    • Mx.Drago
      I blinked...
    • Mx.Drago
      Why do I see through these eyes What dare I stand witness being Will these lessons return Was it worth this pain The endless cycle of suffering Paying the Riverman to cross Might as well just be swimming For I'm already drowning So much can be done And all will pass A student and child Stuck till the light sets at last.          
    •  Kylie
      @Susan R pain levels are very stable. I have been getting these ‘jolts’ Of my nerves waking back up, those have been interesting.  Earlier this afternoon I was experiencing a pretty satisfying tingle and that actually turned out to be the packing trying to come out. It has been the weirdest pain yet .   I can’t wait to experience the new exciting sensations to learn how my body is recovering. I do know that I’ve been luck with almost minimal swelling and only bruising noted to my ‘taint’ area. Currently, just laying in the hotel bed catching up on 90 Day Fiancé with my best friend. Debating a nice Benadryl and Tylenol cocktail later for sleep!  Any questions you can think of, I don’t mind trying to answer based off of my personal experiences! Kylie
    • Susan R
      Good to hear Kylie. Have the pain levels stabilized? Are there any instances where you think, Oh what was that?   I appreciate these updates very much.   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • DeeDee
      I love this thread, but found it harder to answer than I thought Shay. Possibly because over the years my ex made me choose between my passions and her, and I always chose her. 😨   My biggest passion first and foremost is for my kids and family. 💖 My children are amazing and I love them to bits. I also have 4 sisters fairly close in age and regularly think we are unknowingly starring in some unscripted black comedy due to the almost constant drama in our lives.   Outside of that my position as a Christian minister and the privilege that my faith enables me to help others through some of the best and worst times of their lives.(This is very personal to me, but happy to chat privately if folks are curious about it)   D&D - getting together in person or online and being part of a creative story where almost anything can and will happen. So much fun!   Ultimate frisbee - though I haven't played in over a decade I still deeply love the sport and throwing a disc around with my friends. I never go anywhere without a disc in the car, just in case...   Swimming - Whether it's in the sea, a river, or a loch I cannot wait to get wet once I discover somewhere with open water. It may be cold when you dive in, but once you're acclimatised nothing beats it for me and I always feel amazing afterwards.   At the bottom I would actually place my most common hobbies: gaming, reading and binge watching films, TV and YT Series - I do them for escape and some introverted social connection but am not really passionate about them specifically but I certainly wouldn't want my life without them.    
    •  Kylie
      Thanks all! Been a pretty decent day. Packing decided it wants to start coming out. So a little extra reinforcement and all is well. I think my surgical team gets a kick out of my concerns, all have been benign.    Going to enjoy a good meal tonight and sleep up for tomorrow. Pretty exhausted today!    ❤️
    • Shay
      @Tori M did you see the guy and his wife on CBS Sunday Morning who photographs and paints birds. You are probably familiar with him. I appreciate your passion. And love the photo you posted.
    • Tori M
      I think some of you already know my fascination with nature, but my main passion now is birds.  Not just feeding or watching them, but "chasing" them and, most interesting, learning as much as I can about their lives.  This started in 2014 and at one point I was spending almost every waking moment watching, reading or chasing them.  Chasing means traveling miles and hours to catch sight of a rarity or exploring environs different than our own neighborhood to find different species.  Lately, I am less obsessed and haven't traveled as much but it's not unusual for me to load up the car with binoculars, scopes and cameras and spend the whole day driving around looking for great sightings. In the east, birding is largely a summer sport but to my total surprise, here on the west coast it's a year-round venture.  Yes, the birds fly south, but there's a whole different batch that summer in Canada and the Arctic that also fly south.... to here!  So, in the summertime, birding is about migrating songbirds, but in the winter there are millions of waterfowl and sparrows here.  It's a funtastic hobby and I'm always [too] eager to answer questions and educate, lol.  I'm not an expert but I've crammed a lot of learning into a few short years.   Sandhill crane w/cygnet (not my photo) Sandhill cranes have been around for at least 2.5 million years
    • Shay
      If my Chautauqua Series is able to?start up again after Clovis there is a girl who plans to do a program on the American home appliances from the 1950s 1960s and 1970s. For those not familiar?with Chautauquas they are first person living history where the presenter is usually a well known person and you learn so much more about that person. This girl would be a generic housewife. We have had usually 2 a month every month for 14 years until covid came. We do it as a donation basis and have musicians open with period music. We have a wide range of people from George Washington to robin Williams Tecumseh to sacagawea. Jesse James to rosemary Clooney carry nation to general Dwight eisenhower Beethoven to solar schlindler Laura singles wilder to Walt Whitman. Sorry I miss these shows they are fun and enjoyable.
    • Ryan
    • Shay
      @Dev this site is amazing and so user friendly. Thank you so much... Shay
    • Tori M
      I find that an unusual but very intriguing hobby!  The first time I heard of it was a boy guesting on a TV talk show (was it Ellen?  Leno??).  They're interesting machines that transformed the American home and housework.  I once sold Rainbows and got to see one of the very early models.... all steel and weighed a TON.  No more nerdy than my fascination with bridges, lol❣️
  • Upcoming Events