• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Out of the box..finally!

Susan R

• Forum Moderator

I'm finally home from my gender health appt. and let me tell you... it was a wonderful but very long day.  I arrived all dressed casual with full makeup and hair done nicely.  I made it to the elevator and up to the third floor and into a line with a dozen people in front of the reception area.  No one noticed a thing.  My wife said I blended very nice.  I was sure to talk very softly and at a higher pitch...not Mickey Mouse high but enough to keep a low profile.  I was very confident and handled all the "chit chat" at reception myself. I was very comfortable.  I filled out some paperwork and then went to the TG center and waited in the room.  No one who walked by me on the way to my room clocked me...at least that I noticed.  I just smiled as I passed them and they all smiled back.

My nurse and new Gender Health Doctor are fabulous to work with.  I have appts. every month now until who knows when but I actually look forward.  Isn't that odd?  On the way out of the building, I had absolutely no issues at all.  The elevator down was full but there was no awkwardness.  When I got to the car, I took a deep breath and asked my wife how she thought it went in regards to my passing.  She said, "During the entire appointment I only noticed one scruffy haired middle-aged man take a second look at you as he passed close and he then looked at me, then you again and he may have clocked you".   I asked my wife if she saw any of the old male me during the visit.  She said, "I didn't see any of [my birth name] during the appointment.  All of your mannerisms and your walk looked like Susan".  So although it wasn't perfect, I did the best I could, according to my wife.

I had to get labs done after the first appointment and it went even better..and faster.  No one seemed to care at all.  Not even one odd look or comment.  So overall, I think it went well.  My wife felt fine being with me dressed as Susan so from here on out I'll be dressing for all my appointments which is great news.  I'm one step closer to living my dream.

Thanks for reading,

Susan R?

That’s really great!!! Sounds like you had an all positive experience! The more you venture, the better you will feel too! Welcome to the crazy world of women!! ??

• Admin

Very well done, Susan.  I love hearing how supportive your wife is.  Wish it were so for all of us.  Congrats on a successful and productive day.  Best wishes for many more.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

This is so good to read!  Congratulations on a full day of adventure and growth!

Jani

• Forum Moderator

That's wonderful to read Susan, life the way it should be, getting the medical help you need in the proper context. Having a supporting wife is truly an asset.

Very happy for you

Cynthia -

10 hours ago, Susan R said:

My wife felt fine being with me dressed as Susan so from here on out I'll be dressing for all my appointments which is great news.  I'm one step closer to living my dream.

That's just simply fantastic news! well done Susan! ❤️

Way to go SUSAN!

It's a wonderful feeling...

Today I had to do pharmacy and stuff... Typical day.

I was standing looking at various drinks... soda on right, beer on left. 

A younger women come up next to me and joined me in contemplation. LoL...

Then she said, " I like the mango clamato chelada. The Picante one is too hot!"

I laugh and agreed... So we both grabbed the mango one and ended up sitting in the beer garden and chit chatted. We talked clothes, heels... a yellow finch landed near us ... We giggled.. Totally girl talk.

She bought next round... It was great!

Total pass. Her name is Victoria... We have same Gyno... ROFL We are meeting next week. Have appts back to back...

• Forum Moderator

Thank you, @Michelle F  now that's a great example of passing 100%.  If you can talk gynecologists with a women, it either means...she sees you as yourself...a woman, you're her gynecologist, or possibly both.  She sounds like a fun person too.  Have fun at your next meeting with her.

Susan R?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Janeshannon said:

Love this story @Susan R. Really inspiring!

Jane Shannon 

Thank you @Janeshannon  I have another gender health appointment this Thursday.  I am going shopping on Monday to get a new top for it.  I can't wait.  Being full time at home is one thing but I feel so much more alive when I'm ME out in the real world.  I love it! ❤️

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
4 minutes ago, paige_40s said:

That is so great to hear! it is great to hear about these days and events!

Thanks Paige,  I was planning on another outing tomorrow with my gender health dr. but she got sick.  I was really looking forward to it too...I had bought a new outfit for it and everything.  I'll post anything significant on this upcoming rescheduled appointment on Mar. 6.  It should be fun for me!?

Susan R?

• 3 weeks later...

You look great, Susan! I haven't been on here much lately. Just saw your new avatar. Get out there, girl! The world is your oyster!

This is great news. I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this. The excitement of being able to go out in public as ones self is so liberating. I'm very happy for you Susan. I hope that things continue to go well for you.