• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

JohnniGyrl

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

Just wondering what your favourite look is for most every day/night occasions? There's a poll attached, so I hope this works...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lenneth

• Jackie C.

• Mx.Drago

• Elizabeth Star

I'm 68 years old  and tend to dress my age and have found the classic styles work best. With dresses the Peplum style dress creates an illusion of hips which like a lot of mtf's I lack, and that  has become my go to  style of classic dress, I now own 2 of them

I don't know my style yet, but the few items I have could probably bounce somewhere between librarian & soccer mum - and I would LOVE to be brave enough to cosplay in the future. My geek transcends my gender. :) ?‍♀️?

• Forum Moderator

I love dresses.  I really enjoy the provocative pink Sunday frilly dress look.  I wasn't sure which style that would fit into.  But here's my next dress purchase.  I'm just waiting until I loose my last 15lbs or maybe 20lbs. before splurging for it.  But this dress attached to this post is me, Susan, all the way.  I absolutely love it. ❤️

Susan R?

IMG_0556.PNG

I love dresses. Most of mine are casual or to wear to church. I typically wear slacks and a blazer or sweater at the office whenever I'm not in scrubs. I don't wear dresses in cold weather, unless I'm going to a club, then its more of the rock chic slutty style. :rolleyes:

Susan that’a beautiful dress! I kind of like the fit and flare, sheath, and summer dresses. Also cardigans and tunics.

• Forum Moderator

An interesting poll! That's a lovely dress Susan. I prefer somewhat more classic styles, but, especially with skirts, often dress far too young for my age with a high hemline. My favourite dress though (a summer dress) could be described as more hippy in style. I love variation :D

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

What a fun topic, and I voted "rock chick" ?

That is a lovely dress Susan, and I really like how it fits her. I own several dresses, yet as Tracy eludes, I try and dress about my age (I'm 60 ?). My favorite dress is a midi (just below the knee) style wrap, with 3/4 sleeves. The strappy dresses I use a cardigan to cover my shoulders sometimes. I have this stretchy sleeveless denim maxi dress that is so versatile and nicely fitted at the bodice, it's very flattering, I can wear over a long sleeve top for example, denim pairs up with almost everything, I do like long flowing skirts, and then there is my tennis dress, that's the shortest hem, I've gone out with, like hiking at sourdough ridge, Mt Rainer, into the heart of the sunrise....:)

Hugs

Cynthia -

• Forum Moderator

I'm a bit of a hippie chick ( or boho) and wear mostly long denim skirts, dresses or jeans.  It is easy to dress them up with a scarf or top for more formal times.  I also have a couple of very nice suits that i wear for special occasions.  

Hugs,

Charlize

What a fun topic. I actually just bought my first dress in years. Well, it's actually a skirt but. 

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

I'm a bit of a hippie chick ( or boho) and wear mostly long denim skirts, dresses or jeans.  It is easy to dress them up with a scarf or top for more formal times.  I also have a couple of very nice suits that i wear for special occasions.  

Hugs,

Charlize 

I'm always a bit of a hippie/boho chick. I haven't been wearing skirts or dresses but lately find myself being more and more comfortable in public. I love long flowing skirts in earth tones. I just bought the cutest little boots to go with my shirt. I'm getting ready for pride in Ft Lauderdale next month ❤️ these are the boots I bought. 

received_288794798504336.jpeg

Thanks for everyone's feedback! So far, it looks like the Classic look is the most popular, with Rock Chick/Hippie running a close second. I voted Rock Chick, though I actually like all 3 for different occasions. 

I have found with the help of my daughters that I tend to fit in and go more so under the radar if I dress my age and in most cases for ladies in their late sixties that would tend toward a more classic style, I envy my daughters in that they are able to where many different styles that my pleasently plump plus size body cannot.The one thing I will say is that for many of us the fact that we are now able to go out in public dressed as we always felt we should be able to is a victory in itself reguardless of the style.

• Admin

At 71 years old and no help from my Ex or daughters, and absolutely terrible taste from another Trans family member, I rely on suggestions from the sales staff at either Dress Barn or Lane Bryant.  For me, it is largely tops and skirts since that way I can get different sizes for the tops (3X) and the skirts (2X) and then get a sweater or blazer for colder times.  Business casual for most wear.  Long skirts and tops in Concert Black for time with my chorus.  I have one mid thigh skirt, and now a couple of tops that go longer down my legs than the skirt does.  I am a comfortable old mess.

I would have to say my style is a casual trendy style.  But I also love the nice A line flowy skirts.  I am also a cosplayer and make my own costumes for events and have gotten pretty good.

Attached is a few pictures of my style that I have adopted

20181211_144041.jpg

20181225_101238.jpg

20151205_144520.jpg

• Forum Moderator

I only have two dresses.  one is 3/4 sleeve knit.  a bit clingy but is very soft and comfortable at or slightly below the knee.  I bought my second dress today.  A line style just above the knee.  lacy sleeves and trim.  for me the neck is important.  too open or low is not good, so no cleavage showing, especially since my cleavage isn't really mine.

I mostly wear skinny jeans, or leggings with a long top.

Willow 

I don't wear dresses very often. Quite rarely, actually, but the ones I do have are 50s retro style. ?

• 3 months later...

Gooooooooth of course. Here is an oldish (from last year) picture of me in a dress I bought from Hottopic. It was the first dress I ever bought and even though I own a lot more now (from killstar) I still really like this one. But yeah! I heart black lol ❤️ 

unnamed.jpg

Black, Black and Black. Did I mention Black.

Im the oldest goth in scotland. But at my age im so much more suttle about it.

I was asked once if i would wear a diffrent colour once in a while. I said yes, As soon as they invent a darker shade.

Just now, Maid In Bedlam said:

Black, Black and Black. Did I mention Black.

Im the oldest goth in scotland. But at my age im so much more suttle about it.

I was asked once if i would wear a diffrent colour once in a while. I said yes, As soon as they invent a darker shade.

Your comment = awesome :D

• 9 months later...

Punk on my anti-establishment days, and goth on my anti-establishment, but I wanna look pretty days.

• 4 months later...

I'd consider my personal style very much "sexy librarian". For the most part I dress pretty modestly, but I also like to wear shorter skirts from time to time. Usually though if I'm wearing a sleeveless dress I'll pair it with a cardigan or something to cover my shoulders when I'm going to class/working in the library. Basically my thought process is "flirty, but keep it professional". 

Not passing judgment or anything, but I'm curious to see librarian and office girl as the same choice.  Maybe it was George's heartthrob Mary in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life," but I always thought of librarian attire as frumpy.  Conversely, I have always gravitated towards female office wear because it can be so very sexy.  In fact, my favorite female attire is business/office wear.  I can look professional yet still exhibit a sexy vibe.

Female business suit.JPG