• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

JohnniGyrl

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Dress Style?

• Classic
    • Boho
    • Alternative
    • Rock Chick
    • Gothic
    • Wild Girl
    • Hippie
    • Librarian/Office Girl
    • Cosplay
    • Soccer Mum

JohnniGyrl

Just wondering what your favourite look is for most every day/night occasions? There's a poll attached, so I hope this works...

claire1000

I'm 68 years old  and tend to dress my age and have found the classic styles work best. With dresses the Peplum style dress creates an illusion of hips which like a lot of mtf's I lack, and that  has become my go to  style of classic dress, I now own 2 of them

DeeDee

I don't know my style yet, but the few items I have could probably bounce somewhere between librarian & soccer mum - and I would LOVE to be brave enough to cosplay in the future. My geek transcends my gender. :) 🧞‍♀️👽

Susan R

I love dresses.  I really enjoy the provocative pink Sunday frilly dress look.  I wasn't sure which style that would fit into.  But here's my next dress purchase.  I'm just waiting until I loose my last 15lbs or maybe 20lbs. before splurging for it.  But this dress attached to this post is me, Susan, all the way.  I absolutely love it. ❤️

Susan R🌷

IMG_0556.PNG

Beverly

I love dresses. Most of mine are casual or to wear to church. I typically wear slacks and a blazer or sweater at the office whenever I'm not in scrubs. I don't wear dresses in cold weather, unless I'm going to a club, then its more of the rock chic slutty style. :rolleyes:

Josie Beth

Susan that’a beautiful dress! I kind of like the fit and flare, sheath, and summer dresses. Also cardigans and tunics.

tracy_j

An interesting poll! That's a lovely dress Susan. I prefer somewhat more classic styles, but, especially with skirts, often dress far too young for my age with a high hemline. My favourite dress though (a summer dress) could be described as more hippy in style. I love variation :D

Tracy

Cyndee

What a fun topic, and I voted "rock chick" 😀

That is a lovely dress Susan, and I really like how it fits her. I own several dresses, yet as Tracy eludes, I try and dress about my age (I'm 60 😃). My favorite dress is a midi (just below the knee) style wrap, with 3/4 sleeves. The strappy dresses I use a cardigan to cover my shoulders sometimes. I have this stretchy sleeveless denim maxi dress that is so versatile and nicely fitted at the bodice, it's very flattering, I can wear over a long sleeve top for example, denim pairs up with almost everything, I do like long flowing skirts, and then there is my tennis dress, that's the shortest hem, I've gone out with, like hiking at sourdough ridge, Mt Rainer, into the heart of the sunrise....:)

Hugs

Cynthia -

Charlize

I'm a bit of a hippie chick ( or boho) and wear mostly long denim skirts, dresses or jeans.  It is easy to dress them up with a scarf or top for more formal times.  I also have a couple of very nice suits that i wear for special occasions.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Ashlee

What a fun topic. I actually just bought my first dress in years. Well, it's actually a skirt but. 

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

I'm a bit of a hippie chick ( or boho) and wear mostly long denim skirts, dresses or jeans.  It is easy to dress them up with a scarf or top for more formal times.  I also have a couple of very nice suits that i wear for special occasions.  

Hugs,

Charlize 

I'm always a bit of a hippie/boho chick. I haven't been wearing skirts or dresses but lately find myself being more and more comfortable in public. I love long flowing skirts in earth tones. I just bought the cutest little boots to go with my shirt. I'm getting ready for pride in Ft Lauderdale next month ❤️ these are the boots I bought. 

received_288794798504336.jpeg

JohnniGyrl

Thanks for everyone's feedback! So far, it looks like the Classic look is the most popular, with Rock Chick/Hippie running a close second. I voted Rock Chick, though I actually like all 3 for different occasions. 

claire1000

I have found with the help of my daughters that I tend to fit in and go more so under the radar if I dress my age and in most cases for ladies in their late sixties that would tend toward a more classic style, I envy my daughters in that they are able to where many different styles that my pleasently plump plus size body cannot.The one thing I will say is that for many of us the fact that we are now able to go out in public dressed as we always felt we should be able to is a victory in itself reguardless of the style.

VickySGV

At 71 years old and no help from my Ex or daughters, and absolutely terrible taste from another Trans family member, I rely on suggestions from the sales staff at either Dress Barn or Lane Bryant.  For me, it is largely tops and skirts since that way I can get different sizes for the tops (3X) and the skirts (2X) and then get a sweater or blazer for colder times.  Business casual for most wear.  Long skirts and tops in Concert Black for time with my chorus.  I have one mid thigh skirt, and now a couple of tops that go longer down my legs than the skirt does.  I am a comfortable old mess.

Raven1981

I would have to say my style is a casual trendy style.  But I also love the nice A line flowy skirts.  I am also a cosplayer and make my own costumes for events and have gotten pretty good.

Attached is a few pictures of my style that I have adopted

20181211_144041.jpg

20181225_101238.jpg

20151205_144520.jpg

Willow

I only have two dresses.  one is 3/4 sleeve knit.  a bit clingy but is very soft and comfortable at or slightly below the knee.  I bought my second dress today.  A line style just above the knee.  lacy sleeves and trim.  for me the neck is important.  too open or low is not good, so no cleavage showing, especially since my cleavage isn't really mine.

I mostly wear skinny jeans, or leggings with a long top.

Willow 

MaryMary

many styles, my favorites currently are rock chic and boho

boho dress 2.jpg

robe boho.jpg

skater.jpg

Josie Beth

@Ashlee I’m totally in love with those boots!!! 😍 that’s one of my colors! I’m a shoe junkie!

Lizzie McTrucker

I don't wear dresses very often. Quite rarely, actually, but the ones I do have are 50s retro style. 😄

Blair

Gooooooooth of course. Here is an oldish (from last year) picture of me in a dress I bought from Hottopic. It was the first dress I ever bought and even though I own a lot more now (from killstar) I still really like this one. But yeah! I heart black lol ❤️ 

unnamed.jpg

Maid In Bedlam

Black, Black and Black. Did I mention Black.

Im the oldest goth in scotland. But at my age im so much more suttle about it.

I was asked once if i would wear a diffrent colour once in a while. I said yes, As soon as they invent a darker shade.

Blair
Just now, Maid In Bedlam said:

Black, Black and Black. Did I mention Black.

Im the oldest goth in scotland. But at my age im so much more suttle about it.

I was asked once if i would wear a diffrent colour once in a while. I said yes, As soon as they invent a darker shade.

Your comment = awesome :D