• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Scientific articles, studies and reports needed

I have written about the situation in my country (Bulgaria), where the Constitutional Court erased us with one inadequate and not objective decision. A Court decision that was dictated by the nazi and religious organizations.  

We won't be erased!!!

Our identity, self-consciousness and gender is not a joke it is our life, our core!

So I want to ask any of you, who is doing, following, archived any articles and researches, that proves that biological sex is not the main determination for gender, any scientific studies about our identity, even other HRT, trans related studies and articles, please share! 

You can send me links here.

Thank you very much! ?

P.S. As more they are actual, the better they would be! 

gender.jpg

Edited by Guest
Rule 21, sharinhg contact info in areas visible to the public.
  • Admin

Hello, Shelly.  That is a big ask, as there have been many studies on the biology and physiology of transgender identity and its causes.  I do not, however, believe that there is any one or two studies that prove the physical causes of transgenderism beyond doubt.  From my reading of the subject, there may very well be multiple causes.

That said, I did a quick Google search of articles and came up with the results below:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=transgender+science+studies

This will at least get you started on your search.  I'm certain that other members and staff have their favorite research studies and articles that they will share.  We're happy to help.  But please be aware that regardless of how many scientific studies we, as a community, share with those in power, it will not change many minds that have been calcified and closed, because, sadly, there are not enough people in power who understand and appreciate science, and dismiss findings they don't find helpful to their cause.  That is true in America, and will be true in Bulgaria, too.  Dogma, religion and political needs will trump (pardon the pun) science every time.

Best of luck.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Shelly,

I also recommend the book "Being Transgender, What You Should Know", by Thomas E. Bevan, PhD. It addresses the biological factors and science in a language a non-scientist can understand. She argues that being transgender is determined by inherited DNA. The author is also known as Dana Jennett Bevan, a transgender woman, who has worked with the USA government, including the department of defense.

Best wishes,

Beverly

The first link is one of the better ones. There’s other articles about the topic of genes and fetal development that determine whether or not someone is transgender. I can’t locate the link I had of a more in depth look at this but there is a definite connection between the development of the brain and gender expression. The article also showed that a specific medical practice in the late 60s and early 70s was contributing to the development of transgender brains. This was the use of injected estrogen in the mother to help prevent miscarriage. My mother went through miscarriages twice that I know of and more than likely was administered estrogen during my development. I suspect that she had a miscarriage before I was conceived. She also had one before my sister. Anyway this artificially induced estrogen flood was very likely the reason my brain became female after my sex was already developed as male. My mother thought she was going to have a girl but they had to hurriedly come up with a boys name because they were not planning on having a boy. She chose John but was quickly vetoed by my father. I think she said that she had picked out Mary as a girl’s name but I’m not 100% sure.

• 9 months later...

Thank you, very much!

I will check all the links and recommendation and every future one as well!!! 

Sorry, for the late reply but I had some issues to deal with, so I wasn't able to enter the forum.

Thank you, once again! :)

I found this to be a rather interesting article as it clearly points to how environmental contaminants can affect genes and even alter DNA. I feel that having been exposed to excessive amounts of Agent Orange with it's heavy concentrations of Dioxin during the VN War, affected my internal mechanisms which made me all the more prone to transitioning, something I never would have considered prior to that. Both my sons were born with birth defects which says something for my theory. Take note of item number 7 in the article.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o8gezheqDJ2OgNaoO5SRCCpOCSTntHZ4