• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lizzie McTrucker

DIY lip scrub

Lizzie McTrucker

Okay, winter is awful, amirite? Chapped lips are a real pain if you've been slacking on wearing Chapstick regularly (guilty).

But did you know you can make a quick and easy lip scrub with just 2 simple ingredients:

Brown sugar

Honey

That's it! And it doesn't have to be a precise formula, either. 1 teaspoon of each in a little cup/jar/plastic condiment cup with a lid. Mix them both up. Dab a little on your finger and scrub that dead skin off! Rinse with a wash cloth and then put on chapstick or your favorite protective lip balm.

For funsies, you can also mix in a little bit of table sugar as well but it's not necessary. 

Carolyn Marie

Great tip, Lizzie.  Thanks!  Please stay safe out there on those icy roads.

Carolyn Marie

Jani

Wow, nice and simple!  Thanks Liz!

Josie Beth

Great tip Lizzie! I’m constantly using lip balm but good to know if I have dry lips.

Lizzie McTrucker

What's really crazy is, if you're traveling (or a truck driver), you can get these two things for free.

Brown sugar you can find at any breakfast buffet right next to the tub of oatmeal.

Honey you can usually find in packets near self-serve hot tea. Or at Popeyes. (be mindful of places like KFC or Wendy's as they may have honey but it's "honey sauce" and not the same thing)

What's better than a DIY lip scrub? A free DIY lip scrub! 😁

P.S. the suggestion about adding a little table sugar is because white sugar and brown sugar are different size granules, so it's just getting a better variety of exfoliation ingredients. But it's totally optional, as brown sugar will do just fine.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• MetaLicious
    • Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
    • jae bear
    • ToniTone
    • Madelyn
    • Atshorlus
    • Traci Lynn
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

greyvat
    Newest Member
    greyvat

1. JimmieJasmine
      JimmieJasmine
    2. Paula ult
      Paula ult
      (68 years old)
    3. Stoney
      Stoney
      (41 years old)
    • VickySGV
      My experience at >60 was, size was equal to one sister, a size bigger than the other sister.  This picture in my gallery "legally" shows off what happened to mine at the time of my GCS (the other person in the picture is Dr. Marci Bowers in her office in 2013.  The area down below the boobs was pretty swollen from the surgery but I am kind of hefty with a beer belly I just can't seem to drop, although this isolation thing has my appetite cut way down. ( Disregard the date stamp on the picture, the batteries had been replaced and the time was not reset. )   https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/gallery/image/10712-vicky-dr-bowers-jan-21-2013/    As I have said in other topics here, I wear about a 46 B or C and am happy with my growth.  The picture was taken in January 2013 and I had begun HRT in July 2009.  My bust enhancers which wore out about 4 years ago did take the creases out of the C' cups and were  nice while they lasted.  Mine started getting in the way of driving on our mountain roads near here at 18 months.  I hope this helps.
    • Traci Lynn
      This topic is a major concern for most of us in transition, how can we help the process along. Breasts are an important part of feeling like a woman, I have read alot of articles that say transgender women can only expect modest results. Some articles say usually a cup size smaller than your closest female relatives ie your sister or mother. Anyone out there have any real advice? 
    • logan :)
      this is very hypocritical of me because i just replied to someone else with basically the same concern saying that they were still valid but this scares me so much   am i really trans?? i must be because i got so happy after socially transitioning. but none of the signs were ever there as a kid and i never had a problem with puberty and i never connected with being transgender for at least a year after i learned what it meant and it seems like i just started questioning for no reason one day? but when i decided i was a trans dude i felt a little better and when i came out as a trans dude i felt a lot better. and i want to have a deep voice and a flat chest and all that stuff. but i feel like i'm faking it because my dysphoria is not bad at all and it fluctuates a lot, and there are plenty of times recently where i've just thought huh. maybe i am just a girl. maybe i'm nonbinary? i don't know at the same time i really really want hormones and top surgery but what if when i get those i regret everything? i don't think i'll be completely certain of my gender until i get those, and at that point it's difficult to go back. if i do end up having to detransition then i don't know if i have the strength for that? i don't know i see all my trans friends who are clearly trans and super dysphoric and it feels like i'm stealing their label because i don't struggle as much as that but i still have some dysphoria i think but i could be confusing it for something else. god. no one has to read this i just had to get it out because it's hard to deal with.   this is probably stupid, i have this exact same identity crisis all the time and the next day i'm always like bro. you're a trans guy stop doubting yourself you just don't have the same experience as other people. oh well
    • MetaLicious
      That sums up what I wanted to say.  Being transgender is not a choice.  The only choice is how we deal with it.  Before I started my own journey, I was struggling.  I kept looking into what I could do to become who I already am, while fighting to maintain the illusion that I could continue being who everyone thought me to be.  I kept asking myself, "Why do you keep acting like this is a thing that is happening?"  The answer was simple - it was happening, whether I wanted it to or not.  After decades of self-denial, I had reached a point where I could no longer sustain myself as a male.   I had a choice. I could transition.  I could come out and become an activist (even if I did not transition myself, I want to make to make the world better for those who did). Or I could continue burying my true self, continue my slow self-destruction, and eventually succumb to whatever health issue took me first. I chose to transition.   Once I made my choice, I became committed to a better me.  I kicked my 41-year old cigarette habit. I was never able to quit before, despite eight years of trying. Now, I don't even think about them most days. I gave up marijuana. I reduced my alcohol intake to reasonable and healthy levels.  I have lost weight and greatly increased the vegetables.   As far as I can tell, the real choice was between living and merely existing. 
      please don't s/h, you can facetime me whenever you need or want to. maybe see if you can facetime your therapist? idk that's what i've been doing. and even if you can't get on hormone blockers or t for a long time, you have to hold out til then because it'll make everything so much better. soon we'll stop having to self isolate and you'll become happier again- this quarantine time sucks but it won't last forever
      i feel this so hard dude- i didn't show many signs when i was little or even when i started puberty and i doubt myself all the time because of that. and who knows, maybe i am a cis girl, but that just doesn't feel right. you're valid even if you don't fit the stereotypical story- what i've found is that socially transitioning made me happy, and i'm 99% sure medically transitioning will make me even happier. so i guess you just have to figure out what to do to live your best life.   i wish you luck
    • Mahaney
      So I decided to show my co worker a picture I had someone take of me on my phone of me in a white skirt, pink polo shirt, booties, and fucaca lipstick. She was overjoyed. She told me I look better as a she then a he. 
    • MetaLicious
      I know just what you mean!  It is not helping that I only just found out how comfortable I feel in a dress.  I had been wearing jeggings almost exclusively until my wife bought me a "starter package" of clothes through Amazon.  Now I feel like my wardrobe is woefully lacking in variety, and I really prefer shopping in the real world, especially for clothes.   Hang in there, Sally - our time will come!
    • Josie Beth
      I know that I’ve been absent for quite a while and things are not easy, not easy for any of us, but there’s a little bit of a silver lining. I’m finally on vacation, sure it’s not in a tropical island with little umbrella drinks and pool furniture but it’s a much needed break. I’m working from home so that’s a step in the right direction, and I can finally say that I have set up my T-shirt store online (or at least one of them). But those are all minor things compared to the blessing in disguise that this world crisis is: that on Tuesday, because of the social distancing, I was finally able to get an over the phone appointment on next Tuesday with a gender therapist. Believe me I’m not happy about this all going on but if it’s going to get me back on track with my transition then I’m glad that something good came out of it. 
    • Traci Lynn
      I know exactly what you mean! TL
    • TammyAnne
      They're addictive. But about as sweet as a graham cracker rather than sugary like a cookie. If you really want a cookie, Walker's Shortbread is the way to fly.
    • TammyAnne
      Me too, as far as understanding who I am. I went so many years acting the part of a man, I fooled myself and others. TA
    • Patti Anne
      Just remember, "what can't kill you makes you stronger" .... ok, forget that one.    How about "99% of what you worry about never happens"? Better.   Just take proper precautions and statistically, we'll be fine.
    • Jani
      Welcome Johanna.  I agree with your wife that things can go too fast.  Take your time to absorb what you are considering and talk with a counselor as you can.  Once you start on this journey things can appear to take on their own life and move very quickly.  Its important to only move as far and fast as you need.  This goes for your spouse too.  She is involved whether she wants to be or not.     Please join in the conversation and post any questions you may have.  We'll do our best to reply.   Cheers, Jani
    • Emily michelle
      My wife has been extremely supportive from the get go I think she knew I was transgender before I did or was ever willing to admit. My wife and I are trying to have a child but we have to go the ivf route. Right now I’m wanting to begin hrt before my wife is pregnant so I can be well on my With transitioning.    
  • Upcoming Events