• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Lizzie McTrucker

DIY lip scrub

Lizzie McTrucker

Okay, winter is awful, amirite? Chapped lips are a real pain if you've been slacking on wearing Chapstick regularly (guilty).

But did you know you can make a quick and easy lip scrub with just 2 simple ingredients:

Brown sugar

Honey

That's it! And it doesn't have to be a precise formula, either. 1 teaspoon of each in a little cup/jar/plastic condiment cup with a lid. Mix them both up. Dab a little on your finger and scrub that dead skin off! Rinse with a wash cloth and then put on chapstick or your favorite protective lip balm.

For funsies, you can also mix in a little bit of table sugar as well but it's not necessary. 

Carolyn Marie

Great tip, Lizzie.  Thanks!  Please stay safe out there on those icy roads.

Carolyn Marie

Jani

Wow, nice and simple!  Thanks Liz!

Josie Beth

Great tip Lizzie! I’m constantly using lip balm but good to know if I have dry lips.

Lizzie McTrucker

What's really crazy is, if you're traveling (or a truck driver), you can get these two things for free.

Brown sugar you can find at any breakfast buffet right next to the tub of oatmeal.

Honey you can usually find in packets near self-serve hot tea. Or at Popeyes. (be mindful of places like KFC or Wendy's as they may have honey but it's "honey sauce" and not the same thing)

What's better than a DIY lip scrub? A free DIY lip scrub! 😁

P.S. the suggestion about adding a little table sugar is because white sugar and brown sugar are different size granules, so it's just getting a better variety of exfoliation ingredients. But it's totally optional, as brown sugar will do just fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• tracy_j
    • Petra Jane
  • Who Was Online

96 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • tracy_j
    • Petra Jane
    • VickySGV
    • Susan
    • Kayla christine
    • Petit nain des Îles
    • hmillerrr
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Ashlee
    • wolf055
    • 0715deejay
    • Leo
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • LouiseRose1954
    • EvanC
    • KymmieL
    • jae bear
    • EliAtkins
    • DaveMK
    • Susan R
    • Dakota16
    • nitehwk
    • Ceres
    • claire1000
    • Jani
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Dyllan Rey
    • Josie Beth
    • Kirsten
    • Micah Claussen
    • pelos
    • Ronin82
    • MaryEllen
    • Michelle F
    • Danielle.Silk
    • DeeDee
    • NewLife336
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Cyndee
    • Nicks1
    • RithiaAllen
    • Rachael
    • Willow
    • AsTheCrow
    • Evelyn1992
    • Sharon Aml
    • MaryMary
    • Nera Blackraven
    • paige_40s
    • CallMeKai
    • figuringitout
    • Jordy
    • Makayla2019
    • JJ
    • ERCLVRB18
    • jo_g
    • Lost&Confused
    • Jocelyn
    • killjoyaiden
    • Willa
    • BrandiBri
    • Dev
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • sara albert
    • BillieS
    • mxophie
    • Charlize
    • Darlene7139
    • SaraAW
    • SandraBear
    • dianeT68
    • Camie
    • BrandenLeon
    • Timber Wolf
    • SaraOlivia
    • Janeshannon
    • klb046
    • April
    • Adaline
    • Confused202
    • L0gan
    • Beverly
    • Marcia
    • Martyn
    • Terry
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Kat1218
    • DashRavens
    • Briana
    • kaye the grey
    • davey_duder
    • Chrissy69
    • Jojo
    • Miss Linnea
    • Sarahnr1
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

0715deejay
    Newest Member
    0715deejay

1. Michelle*cd
      Michelle*cd
      (63 years old)
    2. Mohairfan1956
      Mohairfan1956
      (63 years old)
    • wolf055
      I found some thank you so much fo your help
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://deadline.com/2019/02/lupe-clip-rafael-albarran-lucerys-medina-andre-phillips-charles-vuolo-1202559805/     Carolyn Marie
    • Josie Beth
      I’d like to check them out but unfortunately their website is either outdated or not mobile friendly. I can’t navigate the site or download the pdf. It’s also refusing to let me see the map for some reason. 
    • Jani
      If you Google "breast prosthetics" you should be able to find a number of shops in the UK.    
    • Josie Beth
      Oh the tragedy of people who are so eager to fall on their own swords. Do they not realize the insanity of their behavior?
    • Susan R
      My wife and I battle with this too.  Neither of us want to lose our kids or grandkids.  We know it's likely going to come out sometime soon and we are accepting that fact more every day.  The unpredictability of it all makes it so hard to get up one day and say, "Well, looks like today's the day!"  We acknowledge the path I'm on is never going to change but are hoping to postpone the inevitable until it's absolutely necessary.   Jay, I hope all goes well with the other side of your family.  I'm sure it will go well.   Susan R🌷
    • wolf055
      now I need help again as I asked about my breasts and the GP said they will take time to come in and I my to have them enlarged so I just want some advice is there anywhere to get a pair of false ones till mine come in as at the moment im using some I made with desert rice
    • Susan R
      Hi gang,  no good news this week to report.  Followed my diet and exercise regimen pretty well but despite my best efforts, I only lost 0.6lbs.  Am I hitting my second plateau since starting this life change?  Next week will be very telling...I'm sure!   I'm spending this upcoming weekend with my daughter and their family.  I saved one cheat day this month for this occasion so that certainly won't help but I'll be good about everything else this next week, otherwise.   Here are my current diet results: Last week's (based on 20 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.33lbs. This week's (based on 21 weeks) average weekly weight loss:  2.26lbs. 🙁👎   Here are my weight loss totals as of today Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  43.0lb weight loss. Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  47.0lb weight loss.   Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 7.0lbs   Good luck to you all on your weight and diet goals this next week! Susan R🌷  
    • SugarMagnolia
      Thanks! I saw it retweeted by Planned Parenthood and figured it was legit.
    • DeeDee
      Well done on having the courage to take that step Wolf.  
    • wolf055
      thank you all so much ive been to my GP and she as started me on medication and as told me to contact a trans support team that's local to me so im actually going to start the journey to becoming my true self thank you all again for all your kind wods and support hugs
    • VickySGV
      I am going to pin this list here in the forum.  I have seen these folks before and know a couple of their board members.  
    • Jani
      Great news about your cousin!  Congrats to them.  Maybe this will be just the thing for you to open up to that side of the family.  I'm sure your cousin would appreciate it.  
    • AsTheCrow
      thanks! I'm optimistic.   maybe when I get out from under this depression I can actually start improving other aspects of my life.   in other news, one of my young cousins has announced she's getting married to her long-time roommate, another woman. First openly LGBTQ person in that party of my family.  I've been out for 20 years now but not with that part of the family. I haven't heard yet what the reaction has been, but I will do everything in my power to make it across the country to get to that wedding. I'm so proud of her!   sorta gives me hope that I might be able to really transition some day without getting absolutely disowned.
    • Jani
      I hope it works well.  😀
  • Upcoming Events