• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Officially out at work now

Ashlee

Well, today was the day (or so I thought) that I was going to just come out to the remaining staff at work. Yeah, that was a bust. They already all knew. Every single one of them already knew. They laughed and said "so we don't have to pretend that we don't know anymore" Even the cooks knew. I was actually the one suprised. I stopped binding at work a little while ago thinking no one would notice because they see me everyday but one of the cooks said he noticed. They were joking saying my boobs were bigger the 2 of the waitresses, but not in my opinion. Well, maybe one of them. Of course we stood side by side and are close. I laughed and said "but mine are still growing" lol. Some customers are cool with it and some aren't but all of my employees and coworkers (except 1 homophobic cook that absolutely flipped out when he saw my belly button ring) are super supportive. It's a great feeling. I am truly blessed. Life is moving forward in a positive direction. All of my family and friends know. I've lost a handful but mehh. Whatever. My real friends like the real me for just being me. Sooooo much stress is gone and I am truly happier than ever. 

Ashlee ???

That is really nice my friend all though Sunday was not a good day for me. Go to the coming out topics and look up the family topic and you will see what happened to me. I am trying to put it behind me but the one thing that really hurts is my mom and my ex taking my daughter away from me. Ttyl hugs!

That's so great, Ashlee! I'm glad it went well. It's got to be a relief to be completely out. :applause:

That guy's reaction to the belly button ring is pretty weird. Is he worried belly button rings are contagious?

Congrats Ashlee on coming out.  That is a huge step coming out at work.  I remember when I did.  I went from having a huge amount of stress to nothing and now how I am living my own life.

Way to go with coming out and not having stress anymore.

4 minutes ago, Susan said:

That is really nice my friend all though Sunday was not a good day for me. Go to the coming out topics and look up the family topic and you will see what happened to me. I am trying to put it behind me but the one thing that really hurts is my mom and my ex taking my daughter away from me. Ttyl hugs!

Sorry to hear about your bad day ? Just keep your head up and keep moving forward. 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards is still 1 step of forward progress. I'll look at the thread. 

Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

That's so great, Ashlee! I'm glad it went well. It's got to be a relief to be completely out. :applause:

That guy's reaction to the belly button ring is pretty weird. Is he worried belly button rings are contagious?

Yes. It is so much stress relived from my daily living. I feel I can actually start just living. I was always wondering "do they know" "am I acting man enough" the key word is "acting" I have changed my name on all social media, upload all feminine profile photos, which is pretty much all I take now. I look in the mirror and I'm starting to see me coming through. My fries aren't embarrassed to go places with me. It's awesome. I can't explain it. One of my friends asked me to go to Walmart with her tonight just because. Just to hang out. We go to the lotions, makeup, hair, check out groceries and clothes. Just do normal stuff. Another breast augmentation surgery coming up. She asked me to go with her and stay with her through it. We're going to hit Miami club scene the day before. I may actually get some sculpting done to my hips and thighs. Yeah. I love them and they make me feel loved and not so alone. ❤️

Ashlee?

• Forum Moderator

Ashlee, congrats on the milestone.  Whether it happened a week ago and you didn't know about or whether it happened today, all you care about is that it's done!  What a good thing it is too.  I wish you the best at work.  This may make it much easier for you.  And like you say...you know who your friends are now.  It looks like you have pretty good ones too.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Ashlee said:

My real friends like the real me for just being me. Sooooo much stress is gone and I am truly happier than ever. 

Ashlee ???

Very nice to read this Ashlee, it is a big relief to simply be yourself at work.

Cyndee -

• Forum Moderator

That is wonderful Ashlee.  Thank you for sharing such a positive journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

It's a lot of stress gone. Work isn't miserable anymore. It's actually kind of fun now. Laughing and goofing off with the girls. We have a good time. We even come see eachother at work on days off. Could be my meds but whatever it is I'm ok with. 

Ashlee ?

• Forum Moderator

Great to hear, Ashlee. Things are sure on the up hill climb for you.

Hugs,

Kymmie

10 hours ago, Ashlee said:

Well, today was the day (or so I thought) that I was going to just come out to the remaining staff at work. Yeah, that was a bust. They already all knew. Every single one of them already knew. They laughed and said "so we don't have to pretend that we don't know anymore" Even the cooks knew. I was actually the one suprised. I stopped binding at work a little while ago thinking no one would notice because they see me everyday but one of the cooks said he noticed. They were joking saying my boobs were bigger the 2 of the waitresses, but not in my opinion. Well, maybe one of them. Of course we stood side by side and are close. I laughed and said "but mine are still growing" lol. Some customers are cool with it and some aren't but all of my employees and coworkers (except 1 homophobic cook that absolutely flipped out when he saw my belly button ring) are super supportive. It's a great feeling. I am truly blessed. Life is moving forward in a positive direction. All of my family and friends know. I've lost a handful but mehh. Whatever. My real friends like the real me for just being me. Sooooo much stress is gone and I am truly happier than ever. 

Ashlee ???

Congragilations once coming out a huge weight is lifted.

• Forum Moderator

Great news Ashlee.  Yes news does seem to travel without much of a push.  Enjoy life! 
Jani

I’m so happy for you! It sounds like you had a similar experience coming out to work as I did. Nobody here was surprised, and managers were waiting back for me to tell them.

It’s wonderful to be ourselves at work, even more so when surrounded by people who support you. :)

Sorry I'm just now seeing this, but that's great, Ashlee! Coming out is a nerve racking experience for sure, but it's also very liberating. I know you're smiling big now!

Just now, Beverly said:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this, but that's great, Ashlee! Coming out is a nerve racking experience for sure, but it's also very liberating. I know you're smiling big now!

It sure is. I had my speech written down on paper and still managed to stumble on it a few times. I was so nervous it took me a few moments to blurt it out.

But once it’s done it was just a total liberating moment. A massive weight off my shoulders.

16 hours ago, Ashlee said:

My fries aren't embarrassed to go places with me. It's awesome. I can't explain it. One of my friends asked me to go to Walmart with her tonight just because. Just to hang out. We go to the lotions, makeup, hair, check out groceries and clothes. Just do normal stuff. Another breast augmentation surgery coming up. She asked me to go with her and stay with her through it.

Yep. There's something about just being who you are that allows people to feel closer to you. Just being comfortable in your own skin is something that give other people hope, I think, whether they're trans or not.

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Great to hear, Ashlee. Things are sure on the up hill climb for you.

Hugs,

Kymmie

I still have terrible dysphoria, especially in the morning for some reason but I am becoming at peace with my situation. I even joke around now at work about needing my vacation to recover from getting my booty and hips sculpted. Yes it is definitely looking up. 

3 hours ago, Beverly said:

Ohhh yes! I am ear to ear grinning these days. everyone says seem happy now, and I am honestly. I love just being me and not being scared. 

3 hours ago, RithiaAllen said:

It sure is. I had my speech written down on paper and still managed to stumble on it a few times. I was so nervous it took me a few moments to blurt it out.

But once it’s done it was just a total liberating moment. A massive weight off my shoulders.

I just asked if anyone noticed anything different about me and they just laughed and said "you mean other than being a girl". Its very fee feeling 

Just now, Ashlee said:

I still have terrible dysphoria, especially in the morning for some reason but I am becoming at peace with my situation. I even joke around now at work about needing my vacation to recover from getting my booty and hips sculpted. Yes it is definitely looking up. 

Ohhh yes! I am ear to ear grinning these days. everyone says seem happy now, and I am honestly. I love just being me and not being scared. 

I just asked if anyone noticed anything different about me and they just laughed and said "you mean other than being a girl". Its very fee feeling 

LOL that is a good way to come out. I'm glad it went so well.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, Josie Beth said:

Yay! I think that says it all!

On 2/6/2019 at 4:46 AM, tracy_j said:

Congratulations Ashlee!

Tracy

On 2/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, RithiaAllen said:

LOL that is a good way to come out. I'm glad it went so well.

Thank you! ?  I'm actually out everywhere now. Of course people are asking questions and very inquisitive. It doesn't bother me. Im also very blunt with people now if they have and rude or phobic comments. I just stopped worrying. I'm very out now. My profile pictures are all the real me and when the occasional troll pops up I delete and block lol. I am at peace and looking forward to the rest of my life

Ashlee ?

Yeah the trolls are icky but the real gross ones are the people that come out of the woodwork and want to be friends that you don’t know from anywhere and it’s very clear that they are just admiring.

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

icky but the real gross ones are the people that come out of the woodwork and want to be friends that you don’t know from anywhere and it’s very clear that they are just admiring.

^  This above!  It's amazing how they just pop up...literally.  Especially the ones in person/everyday life, like bosses that can't keep their woo woo dillies in their pants.

4 minutes ago, Ashlee said:

Thank you! ?  I'm actually out everywhere now. Of course people are asking questions and very inquisitive. It doesn't bother me. Im also very blunt with people now if they have and rude or phobic comments. I just stopped worrying. I'm very out now. My profile pictures are all the real me and when the occasional troll pops up I delete and block lol. I am at peace and looking forward to the rest of my life

Ashlee ?

For myself, it's the creeps that pop up on instagram requesting to be friends with you so they can see your profile and they send 2x messages back to back, one saying hi lets be friends and one saying your hot looking and I want to fulfill my fantasies.  Those are the gross trolls that I just delete.