• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally got called ma'am over to the phone

Ashlee

My profession at the moment is in hospitality. I'm a resurant manager. I've done that forever. In my line of work I answer the phones a lot. People call for various reasons. I have been trying to "find" my feminine voice. I don't have a visible adam's apple and have an androgynous voice. I usually get asked to sing the high parts of songs while playing guitar with friends. Anyway, I have been struggling to be gendered as ma'am on the phone. It's pretty discouraging. Well yesterday it finally, after weeks of trying, FINALLY got called ma'am a few times.. It felt really good too. Today sux because I have a cold and can't really talk but. Yesterday made my week. I also took a 4 day weekend because wl just because I want some me time. Yaaay! 

Ashlee ❤️

That's really great to hear! I think I have only been called that a couple of times and most of the time after I correct someone. Someday people will get it. Hugs!

1 minute ago, Susan said:

That's really great to hear! I think I have only been called that a couple of times and most of the time after I correct someone. Someday people will get it. Hugs!

I don't really let it bother me if I get misgendered. Most people don't know any better. I've stopped acting or feeling like being trans is something to be ashamed of. It's most definitely is not. I'm proud to be me. I'm trans and I'm ok with it. I'll never be a cis woman but I'm still a woman. For now I get both sure and ma'am. I'm ok with it for now. One step at a time. Yesterday was another little step. Tomorrow is blood work day. Almost 6 months already hrt. Another step. It's going by fast. 

Ashlee ?